PDA

View Full Version : How To Not Get Bored Of a Household?

STS3388
18th Jun 2018, 7:09 PM
Lately, when I go into CAS and make a family, I get bored of them a day later. What can I do to not get this way?

FranH
18th Jun 2018, 7:20 PM
Read this thread and I'm sure that there will be something to keep boredom away:
Keeping the game interesting (http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=334957)

SneakyWingPhoenix
18th Jun 2018, 7:37 PM
Is there a specific reason on why you get bored of them? Hard to advice you anything without any elaboration on your issue.

STS3388
18th Jun 2018, 7:42 PM
Is there a specific reason on why you get bored of them? Hard to advice you anything without any elaboration on your issue.

I just feel the need to delete them...

Bulbizarre
18th Jun 2018, 7:48 PM
Don't delete families from the bin! That corrupts your neighbourhood. If you want to get rid of them, either you can kill them (don't delete the graves unless you have Pescado's nounlinkondelete) or townify them.

Peni Griffin
18th Jun 2018, 7:57 PM
Don't just make sims. Make sims with backstory, with problems, with goals beyond making money and breeding and grinding for that LTW. Engage with them as if they were people, or at least fictional characters. Make different rules set for different households. Fiddle with them with editing tools so they aren't blank slates.

Some people who have a hard time making sims with personality and agency benefit from using premade neighborhoods; not just the ones that came with the game, but the bounty of player-made hoods that have become available in recent years. Widespot and Europa are set up so that whatever choices anyone makes in those small towns will affect at least one other household. Emerald Heights has oodles of sims, from a single scion of the Goth family to an overcrowded group home, with varying degrees of connection and pre-existing Drama. Polgannon has a meticulously-thought out mystery to solve. Whatever the factor that engages your interest, somebody's made a hood that incorporates it.

Some people are single-family players. Some people are neighborhood players. I can't play any given family for more than a day at a time - I have to do rotations. Some people are builders, or CC artists, or modders, and hardly ever play in the usual sense except for playtesting. Some people get very involved with creating a viable economy, or with setting up and photographing stories. Some people go through phases in which they do one of these things exclusively for awhile, and then do one of the others, and then one of the others. Some people play constantly and some people play intensely for six months and then don't touch the game for a year.

Figure out what kind of player you are, and be that.

Charmful
18th Jun 2018, 7:58 PM
If you feel the need to delete them you could create a 'serial killer' sim and then any family you get bored with is lured into that sims' pool and then...what do you know, the ladder is gone :| Then there's a story behind the disappearances. All the graves are hidden in the foundation to create an extreme haunted house.

STS3388
18th Jun 2018, 8:04 PM
Don't delete families from the bin! That corrupts your neighbourhood. If you want to get rid of them, either you can kill them (don't delete the graves unless you have Pescado's nounlinkondelete) or townify them.

It’s not the premade ones

Justpetro
18th Jun 2018, 8:10 PM
Adopt a child. Get a roomie. Start a home business. Have a party. Let them resign and live off the land. (All do all of those :).

FranH
18th Jun 2018, 8:22 PM
What Peni said, and you might just start with a few pixels in a neighborhood. Rotating between houses does generate action. Also, you might make some community lots so they can interact with each other. The most interesting developments in my game sometimes come from just going to one and watching the 'side action'. The repercussions on other pixels can be very interesting to play out.

Justpetro
18th Jun 2018, 8:28 PM
As FranH says - my game really revolves around community lots. I absolutely love to watch what my other sims are doing - it is very interesting to see who dines with who, who are fishing together or playing pool or chess or flirt inappropriately behind my back!

TheDraizeTrain
18th Jun 2018, 8:33 PM
Don't just make sims. Make sims with backstory, with problems, with goals beyond making money and breeding and grinding for that LTW. Engage with them as if they were people, or at least fictional characters. Make different rules set for different households. Fiddle with them with editing tools so they aren't blank slates.

Some people who have a hard time making sims with personality and agency benefit from using premade neighborhoods; not just the ones that came with the game, but the bounty of player-made hoods that have become available in recent years. Widespot and Europa are set up so that whatever choices anyone makes in those small towns will affect at least one other household. Emerald Heights has oodles of sims, from a single scion of the Goth family to an overcrowded group home, with varying degrees of connection and pre-existing Drama. Polgannon has a meticulously-thought out mystery to solve. Whatever the factor that engages your interest, somebody's made a hood that incorporates it.

Some people are single-family players. Some people are neighborhood players. I can't play any given family for more than a day at a time - I have to do rotations. Some people are builders, or CC artists, or modders, and hardly ever play in the usual sense except for playtesting. Some people get very involved with creating a viable economy, or with setting up and photographing stories. Some people go through phases in which they do one of these things exclusively for awhile, and then do one of the others, and then one of the others. Some people play constantly and some people play intensely for six months and then don't touch the game for a year.

Figure out what kind of player you are, and be that.

Spot on. I almost exclusively play with the pre-mades only because of their mostly established back stories. I sometimes follow others simblrs and have felt a connection with one of their sims and "get inspired". Some people are cool enough to have a link to download their sim! The few times I have made CAS sims, they were based on real people (like a singer or other celebrity or even my irl family). Looking at mods kinda helps me too.

Like I wasn't really up for playing the Broke household knowing how many kids total she was going to end of having. In a couple of replays I've simply used the sim blender to end the pregnancy (miscarriage), or one time used the omgwtfbbq. She's much more playable with only two kids for me, haha. Also kinda plays into her unfortunate trailer park background in my head.

So yeah, maybe add sims to fill specific roles in your overall neighborhood. I'd get bored too just playing with one family all the time and just focusing on careers and babies. Have multiple households interact with each other! Like is the neighborhood like a stepford wives club or a hippy dippy community, or just plain diverse? :P

mdsb759
18th Jun 2018, 8:40 PM
there have been a number of similar past threads.

one way to not get bored might be to have any kind of plan for the sims.

Orphalesion
18th Jun 2018, 8:53 PM
I'n Sims I often have a hard time starting from scratch as well. CAS Sims just seem to be problematic to me. and I tend to get bored with them. Instead I like to play premade hoods and add in CAS Sims whenever I feel the need for a specific character to be introduced or get an idea for something.
What I've also started doing is that I no longer create those "just plopped into existence and starting out with 20.000$ and no backstory" families. Instead I start out with an idea or role I want the new family/sim to fulfill and then adjust their funds accordingly.

Still I almost always feel more connected to Sims that were born in-game rather than created.

SneakyWingPhoenix
18th Jun 2018, 8:53 PM
I just feel the need to delete them...
Well I was asking more of why you get bored of them. There's something that probably repels you from playing them.

As far as goes for me, I never got into an encounter of getting bored of sims that I created, but it happens with neighborhoods since I sometimes go overboard and create too many of them. Anyway, what I do is create families that I have made plans for them on the spot or way before I dedice to create them to populated them on how much their gonna impact the newly recently found neighborhood. Like for example, I had no idea what sims should I create for my neighborhood so I started with a couple just out of the random. And since I play rotationally, after I done playing them for a sim-day, I figure this town will need a band that will spread the music industry so I created four sims for one household that will climb the music ladder once they can afford their own distinct instruments from one another so they can go and hold jam sessions on their spree on a particular cafe and mall. The Next household consist of all eight sims with an equal pair amount of two separate genders, with the girls taking the gardening task while the boys go fishing, since somebody will need to be running stores and provide food stock for the civilians (I made myself and stick to my own rule that sims shall not visit particular lots until the respective ones get's purchased by some sim). Than switching back to the first couple, I figured the man that has no job (since I couldn't figure what Job he should hold as his LTW isn't related to any of those careers) could run a hair salon at his home business so he can afford in the future to by that one expensive OFB premade mall that I plot down from the bin as well with the rest of all remaining lots.

Peni Griffin
18th Jun 2018, 8:54 PM

Doesn't matter. Once the camera has flashed and the household's been sent to the family bin, they're in the neighborhood and deleting them will mess things up. Just don't do it.

If what you enjoy is making sims, make them in bodyshop. Those sims are just shells, waiting to go into the CAS sim bin and be fleshed out to become real sims if you ever feel like it.

FranH
18th Jun 2018, 9:00 PM
Not to toot my own horn, but I did create a thread today to let people describe the overall themes of their neighborhoods:
Describe your hoods (http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=613672)

To have a 'backstory' or a overall theme to the neighborhood really does help to engage one in the game. Make all the pixels created have one career and see who makes it to the top..and any variation thereof.

SneakyWingPhoenix
18th Jun 2018, 9:04 PM
Also, If you have some restraint, maybe it would help If don't create more and stick with the families you have left remaining in the bin untouched and reside them and start playing with them. Maybe you start getting into a habit of "finishing your cake before you get another one" instead of that tendency of creating new ones. Or maybe you just like creating sims and nothing wrong is with that. You can just leave them at a bin for much as you want as Peni suggest, but since you made this thread I'm assuming you wanna overcome of that weird habit you have since that's why this thread is here in the first place, so just creating sims that you the town really needs and not just for the looks, or If you can't resist the urge you should then avoid saving the household you create in CAS before exiting that mode.

Creating families that have a purpose in town to evolve and shape it or have it the other way around where moving to that new neighborhood it lets or takes a change in their lives(lifes?) is one way to make those new residents interesting that pulls you back to playing 'em.

mdsb759
18th Jun 2018, 9:08 PM
Not to toot my own horn, but I did create a thread today to let people describe the overall themes of their neighborhoods:
Describe your hoods (http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=613672)how does that relate to this thread?

Charmful
18th Jun 2018, 9:22 PM
^ Because if you have a theme in mind for your hood then you might get less bored with your families because they'd have a purpose.

and by 'you' I mean OP.

maxon
18th Jun 2018, 9:44 PM
It's still a bad idea.

Bulbizarre
18th Jun 2018, 9:54 PM

That doesn't matter, it's still a bad idea.

SneakyWingPhoenix
18th Jun 2018, 10:15 PM
Very bad idea. Now let's continue in-a-row the lecture!

STS3388
18th Jun 2018, 10:58 PM
Very bad idea. Now let's continue in-a-row the lecture!

I’m sorry Phoenix!

SneakyWingPhoenix
18th Jun 2018, 11:03 PM
Don't be. It's your neighborhood at stake, we just wouldn't want for anyone simmer's to just go, poof :)

STS3388
18th Jun 2018, 11:10 PM
Don't be. It's your neighborhood at stake, we just wouldn't want for anyone simmer's to just go, poof :)

It’s okay. I’ll be sure to take the tips into mind.

joandsarah77
18th Jun 2018, 11:15 PM
@STS3388 please tell me you haven't deleted any sims? If you have that entire hood is corrupted. Never ever delete sims, kill them, put them on a lot on the edge of your hood and toss in a prisoner token, but don't delete them.

As to getting bored, why are you making the families, is there a reason or just because you feel like it? If it's just because, how do you make them different? If you keep making families who are the same then that could be a huge reason to find them boring.

STS3388
18th Jun 2018, 11:21 PM
@STS3388 please tell me you haven't deleted any sims? If you have that entire hood is corrupted. Never ever delete sims, kill them, put them on a lot on the edge of your hood and toss in a prisoner token, but don't delete them.

As to getting bored, why are you making the families, is there a reason or just because you feel like it? If it's just because, how do you make them different? If you keep making families who are the same then that could be a huge reason to find them boring.

I did but don’t see any game corruption

Zena-Dew-Drop
18th Jun 2018, 11:25 PM
It doesn't usually show up immediately, but the damage has been done.

joandsarah77
18th Jun 2018, 11:26 PM
Doesn't matter what you can see, the corruption is misread data and data attaching itself to places it should not be. Sims 2 does not delete sims properly, some is deleted the rest is shredded. Some people will have a hood explode after a week, others keep playing, it's like Russian Roulette. if you want to keep playing this hood the best thing is make regular backups and run Hood Checker over it to mop up what it can.

Charmful
18th Jun 2018, 11:32 PM

Mine is corrupted and it's still playable 11 years later so...you never know when it will show up and render a hood unplayable. The best you can do is either start over or start downloading mods to help you keep it manageable. For more info on corruptable actions, read HERE ("http://simswiki.info/wiki.php%3Ftitle%3DGame_Help:Avoiding_Hood_Corruption')

iCad
19th Jun 2018, 12:22 AM
To get away from yakking about corruption (Although yeah, your 'hood is toast, but if you're not a person who plays long-term, you may not need to worry about it because usually -- though not always -- it takes time, sometimes quite a long time, before things become really unplayable)...Here are some ideas:

Try a challenge, perhaps? Some people find them stimulating, others find them too limiting. There are plenty just here in the "Challenges" section of the forum. Look and see if any interest you. Maybe try a shorter one to see how well you like to play challenges in general. Years ago, I played an Asylum Challenge wherein I kinda fell in love with all 8 of my inmates and decided to use them as the founders of a new neighborhood once I'd finished the challenge. Sort of "What happened to them after they were all well enough to leave the hospital" thing.
Or, if you don't want to do a whole challenge, maybe pick and choose from amongst several challeges' rules to come up with some rules you can use to form your own playstyle. (My own general style/rules cherrypick from the Legacy, Prosperity, and Build A City challenges. I've taken things I like from each -- and tossed what I don't like -- to make my own way of playing.) Often, having a structure will give you direction, which in turn gives a framework for how you'll play a Sim or a household, which in turn helps to keep things interesting.
Or maybe try out a Random Occurrence Scenario generator? (Generator here (http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,8253.msg234356.html#msg234356), and there are many occurrence lists on the internet. Here's one. (http://crystalcreeksims.blogspot.com/p/ros-random-occurrence-scenarios.html)) I usually use those in single-Sim households where things can be kinda boring sometimes.
Maybe try out things that you've never done in the game? Like, never had an alien baby? Maybe make a Sim and have him/her (if you have a mod so that females can get alien-pregnant, too) stargaze until they get snatched away by aliens. Then they have to raise the kid as a single parent. (If you want really crazy along that theme, try a Xenophilia challenge.)
Maybe make more than one family and switch between them every "X" number of Sim-days, rotation-style. That way, if one household is currently being a little boring, you know you're going to move on to the next one in "X" days.

Unlike other folks here, I personally don't need Sims with stories for them to be or to become interesting to me. I'm not a storyteller, at least not when it comes to how I play the game. Rather, I'm pretty solidly goal-oriented with it. I see a Sim's wants and LTWs as things I need to make happen in both the short- and long-term. Especially the "hard" non-LTW wants like, say, having 10 kids or lots of lovers or a zillion best friends or whatever. But even the little piddly ones are goals that direct how I play each Sim in a household on a Sim-daily basis. Also, overall, I usually have an overriding theme or goal for the neighborhood as a whole, trying to make it into a more "real" sort of community, with connections between households and an underlying economy -- based on player-owned businesses -- and stuff like that.

It's layered goals, basically. There are Sim-level goals, both daily ones and overall LTW goals. There are household-level goals. (Like say, this one over here wants to be self-sufficient so they grow their own food, for instance). And then there are community-level goals. All of those things work together to make each Sim, each household, and each neighborhood interesting to me. Because achieving goals is what interests me, not making/telling stories. This is probably why I have pretty much zero interest in playing pre-made neighborhoods, either Maxis ones or downloaded ones. Which isn't to say that stories are bad, of course. Just sayin' that not everyone needs or wants them, and maybe you're one of those people.

joandsarah77
19th Jun 2018, 12:32 AM
How I make my families interesting is I play an integrated hood, so all the families have a role in running the hood, making each family's focus on something different. I am also more goal orientated but with room for small stories to develop.

Right now I am playing my medieval game. So there is a salt making family, a number of different farming families since food is a big part of it, a mining/stone mason family, a blacksmith family, candle making family, baker, tavern, dressmaking family etc. No matter what time your hood is set in, I think making each family unique is one of the best ways of not getting bored with them.

I don't bother too much with a sims LTW, although I do occasionally fill that or make one up for them. Sims 2 is a very sandbox game with lots of CC available to stretch it further, so don't be confined to what maxis provides.

FranH
19th Jun 2018, 12:34 AM
There is one thing that involves me into a neighborhood-that of writing down the daily occurrences in a family. I keep a running, updated 'diary' of my Tinsel town neighborhood and it keeps me on track on the various households and their development.

It doesn't have to be detailed, or long-just enough to keep one engaged.

Sunrader
19th Jun 2018, 6:05 AM
Right now I am playing my medieval game. So there is a salt making family, a number of different farming families ...
I really want to know how they make salt!

I hardly ever make sims in CAS because I find them boring, too. I've had many years of fun, though, playing the premades and kidnapping townies into their families, and, recently, I downloaded Widespot and that sparked a whole new avenue of play when I had my longtime pre-mades descend on the residents there who all have their own backgrounds and stories, but, yeah, what the others say, there's a million ways to play the game. Sometimes I spend a couple of weeks just building a lot I want the sims to visit or learning more about modding. As the others also say, if I were you, I'd delete that hood because it will have problems, and that might be a good excuse to download one someone else has populated, see if that's more fun for you.

joandsarah77
19th Jun 2018, 6:20 AM
That is an old Sunni made workbench. They light the fire, observe, stir the brine and grab salt. The salt comes in sellable containers that sims can stock the fridge with. http://www.medievalsims.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=240&t=6674&hilit=salt
If you are using real fires your sim will need one bundle of wood for each time they light the fire. I have my salt maker do this when I close up shop at about 3pm. I find one lighting of the fire will let him gather plenty of salt. I have him stir the brine for every 5 he takes, but that is just my own rules, your sim doesn't have to stir it at all.

Sunrader
19th Jun 2018, 6:43 AM
That is an old Sunni made workbench. They light the fire, observe, stir the brine and grab salt. The salt comes in sellable containers that sims can stock the fridge with. http://www.medievalsims.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=240&t=6674&hilit=salt
If you are using real fires your sim will need one bundle of wood for each time they light the fire. I have my salt maker do this when I close up shop at about 3pm. I find one lighting of the fire will let him gather plenty of salt. I have him stir the brine for every 5 he takes, but that is just my own rules, your sim doesn't have to stir it at all.

Where does he get the brine? Are they near an ocean? Sunni's stuff is so amazing. I just read about her water collection mod today. Would go well with this, I guess. OP, check these out if you haven't. They are. Really. Amazing!

joandsarah77
19th Jun 2018, 6:57 AM
Well yes... he should have a swamp or be near the ocean (no ocean in this town) I put that family and house in without reading the blurb on it properly. It doesn't require water only the logs for the fire. before realistic fires, it could be used with no wood, so I am glad it was updated.

I have fetch water. :) (If Sunni made it I have it lol) You might want to hop over to the mod area and pick up two mods, water needed for baths and sinks. Sims can't wash up or take a bath without having the water buckets in inventory.

Peni Griffin
19th Jun 2018, 7:29 AM
Maybe it's mineral salt and the water is some kind of weak chemical solution that's freeing the salt crystals from the surrounding matrix? That isn't normally necessary - with surface salts a basket and a stick are usually enough -but since there's no salt pan terrain or stick-and-basket work station, you just have to do what you can.

I still don't have a clear idea of what OP likes in a game; and my impression is that she doesn't know yet either. But by the time we're done with her she'll be spoiled for choice where to begin experimenting!

STS3388
19th Jun 2018, 12:39 PM
Maybe it's mineral salt and the water is some kind of weak chemical solution that's freeing the salt crystals from the surrounding matrix? That isn't normally necessary - with surface salts a basket and a stick are usually enough -but since there's no salt pan terrain or stick-and-basket work station, you just have to do what you can.

I still don't have a clear idea of what OP likes in a game; and my impression is that she doesn't know yet either. But by the time we're done with her she'll be spoiled for choice where to begin experimenting!

That old-timey salt thing looks cool. I will have to try that in my game.

sailorleontine6
19th Jun 2018, 11:59 PM
don't worry girl, i get so bored with the household after awhile too, but to me it's mostly of the hair with no cc's
but with my new laptop here with windows 10 i have to be carefull for a little while, (my game is flickering/flashing, i tried the graphic one's and i also tried to fix the flickering/flashing screen in general but i don't know how the graphic works and i did everything i could to solve the flickering/flashing and i did all the steps of it on youtube but it didn't work at all)

i sure can download the eyes since i don't need that much different eyes color, but when it comes to hair, i need all of them, so it's better to slow down when it comes to hair downloads. (i also need less skintone too, just like the eyes colors)

i never looked the link someone gave it here so it's about the time i look at that link :lol: (i have all of the expansions :) )

i always use the cheatcode called: Deleteallcharacters when i get so bored to the same households (and i exactly meant all of the sims households)
but i thought it was just me all the time :lol:

joandsarah77
20th Jun 2018, 12:06 AM
@sailorleontine6 Do you have the 4gbt patch? Memory Standby and graphic rules done? http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=610641&c=1&ht=&page=1&pp=25#startcomments

i always use the cheatcode called: Deleteallcharacters when i get so bored That will instantly corrupt your hood. So long as you don't care about your hoods and toss them away quickly it doesn't matter.
people who want to keep your hoods, please don't try that cheat.

monijt1
20th Jun 2018, 1:09 AM
Instead of deleting sims, why don't you reevaluate their role in the hood? If your hood has a theme, it should be easy to do. If you still can't find anything to do with them, you can turn them into townies (with mods). As others have pointed out, deleting sims is via bin or cheats is a no-no.

Kukamuukaanmuka
20th Jun 2018, 1:37 AM
Whenever i get bored to a family i just simply give them a new goal. I am talking about you Carlos darn Contender now. You will get that darn gym of yours to level 10 before you die! And no need to complain about furious sims, Your own fault to try to flirt with everything what looks like a female and moves!!

SciBirg
20th Jun 2018, 10:14 AM
Whenever i get bored to a family i just simply give them a new goal. I am talking about you Carlos darn Contender now. You will get that darn gym of yours to level 10 before you die! And no need to complain about furious sims, Your own fault to try to flirt with everything what looks like a female and moves!!

Agreed. Start a new business. Have several babies. Get abducted while wife pregnant. Turn the house into an orphanage. Start a school with Simlogical mods. Try a legacy (again...). Take the family's money away and have them live in tents on an empty lot. Try that Apocalypse challenge for the fourth time but tweak it so you don't have to have nuclear winter with that annoying wind sound all the time.

These are things that I have done. Also, instead of starting from CAS with a new sim everytime I get bored, I use a kid from an established family and either age them up or wait until they are adults. That way, they have some skills and family ties and friends already.

mixa97sr
20th Jun 2018, 1:15 PM
I'm pretty sure I replied to this thread with viable advices some time ago... but I don't see my reply... weird.

mdsb759
20th Jun 2018, 11:19 PM
That will instantly corrupt your hood. So long as you don't care about your hoods and toss them away quickly it doesn't matter.
people who want to keep your hoods, please don't try that cheat.character data still left after using the cheat?

SciBirg
21st Jun 2018, 9:31 AM
character data still left after using the cheat?

Yes, I believe so. I used to use that cheat and my hoods were corrupted pretty much immediately. I started seeing the squiggly lines more and more often and strange things started to happen. So be very careful to not do any kind of deletion of sims in your game.

joandsarah77
21st Jun 2018, 12:30 PM
Yes, each and every sim that got deleted will be a part of it, so multiply broken data by the hundreds if it was a Maxis hood with all the townies.

Orphalesion
21st Jun 2018, 1:11 PM
Yes, each and every sim that got deleted will be a part of it, so multiply broken data by the hundreds if it was a Maxis hood with all the townies.

I never thought about it but this almost sounds like some sort of Lovcraftian Horror story (or one of the freakier Japanese mythological creatures) a huge conglomeration of the remnants of destroyed people spreading some baleful, insidious influence across the land, eventually leading to the end of the world.

joandsarah77
21st Jun 2018, 1:50 PM
I never thought about it but this almost sounds like some sort of Lovcraftian Horror story (or one of the freakier Japanese mythological creatures) a huge conglomeration of the remnants of destroyed people spreading some baleful, insidious influence across the land, eventually leading to the end of the world.

Yep, that pretty much sums it up. :lol:

Justpetro
21st Jun 2018, 1:53 PM
I have never found a household that boring, to be honest. But I guess they could be turned into townies too.

sailorleontine6
21st Jun 2018, 8:52 PM
@sailorleontine6 Do you have the 4gbt patch? Memory Standby and graphic rules done? http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=610641&c=1&ht=&page=1&pp=25#startcomments

That will instantly corrupt your hood. So long as you don't care about your hoods and toss them away quickly it doesn't matter.
people who want to keep your hoods, please don't try that cheat.

i didn't looked at that part (at the link)

and i don't care about the hood when it comes to making my own hood :D :up:
but i get so bored at the sims when i play it for a few days :lol:

jaytee95
24th Jun 2018, 5:34 PM
I'm lurking around again so I thought I'd reply to the original question in a manner that isn't 'see the sticky'. :)

I noticed that STS3388 has a Blogspot account where they mention putting cartoon characters into their Sim games "see how they would live out", but there is a self-sim with a short biography and the beginnings of a Sim family story. So I'm going to guess that a few of her characters are thought out, but the rest are placed in the game for the reason of placing them in the game. If this is the case, I can understand how that would get boring very fast.

Using this information, my questions are: why/how did these cartoon characters end up in this neighborhood? Or, for that matter, why/how do any characters end up in a given neighborhood? Also, how are the households constructed, are the heroes and villains in separate households or the same household? Do the heroes team up against the common villains or are they mixed together so the "good" character from TV show A becomes friends with the "bad" character from TV show B?

These are just ideas if the situation is 'placing characters in a Sims game to see what happens'.