PDA

View Full Version : Still life paintings locaation

Stowkie
2nd Apr 2018, 5:24 PM
Hi! I've been painting still life pictures on sims 2 of Bella Goth and I would like to share it on internet but I don't know if it is possible to access those pictures so please if anyone know where they are that would be awesome 😊

Rosebine
2nd Apr 2018, 6:22 PM
Aren't they in your Paintings folder, within your The Sims 2 folder?

RoxEllen1965
2nd Apr 2018, 6:34 PM
The OP is referring to the paintings the sims make of each other in the game not the stored custom paintings. Wouldn't SimPE be required to extract those?

Rosebine
2nd Apr 2018, 6:37 PM
yeah, I know..but since it,s been a while I asked my sim to paint still life, i thought maybe this is where they would be stored as well. :)
Now that I think of it, me is completely wrong. lol oopssssss

Bulbizarre
2nd Apr 2018, 6:57 PM
http://modthesims.info/t/416338

Use SimPE to open the lot package. Pictures are stored in TXTR records with names containing "!painting_".

Stowkie
3rd Apr 2018, 9:19 PM
Thank you guys! I found it on SimPE \o/

AndrewGloria
3rd Apr 2018, 9:42 PM
A big "thank you" from me too. I always thought it was impossible to extract Sims' paintings. Now I might be able to extract some of the paintings by former pupils of New Desconia School, that were lost when the school lot glitched. I've got loos of backups of the 'hood.

Bulbizarre
3rd Apr 2018, 9:49 PM
I believe I remember reading about a way to actually put the paintings back, but I can't seem to find the post now. I think it involved making a placeholder painting and then using the Replace function in SimPE.