PDA

View Full Version : What Would Your Aspiration Be If You Were A Sim?

Emerald1234
10th Feb 2018, 11:16 PM
for me it'd be family and i think thats because whenever i hear someone doesn't like kids i just end up being like "oh but why! babies are cute! you can never have enough kids..."

and i'm not sure if i'd have room for a secondary aspiration because i'm so much of a family sim but i'd pick knowledge or pleasure.

SneakyWingPhoenix
10th Feb 2018, 11:28 PM
Seeking Knowledge. I kinda lack off interest, probably due to the school's education system killing it. I'm kinda clueless on the most part and I really wanna learn as much as possible. I did in the past wish to be, so to speak, being a Pleasure/Popularity type of wanting guy because I really hated myself for being too introverted/anti-social "freak", but I'm starting to accept that fact on whom I am and I really can't change that I'm not so good at being charismatic (If I have any).

BTW great thread you thought off.

Emerald1234
10th Feb 2018, 11:38 PM
yeah i'm surprised this thread doesn't already exist.

AndrewGloria
10th Feb 2018, 11:44 PM
I'm a bit torn between Knowledge (which is probably the most likely) and Romance, which I think I'd really rather like to be. In Real Life I've never had a proper relationship, a first kiss or even a flirt, but maybe I can overcome all that as a Sim, and be at the heart of one of those polyamorous groups where everybody loves everybody else. I wouldn't want to hurt anyone or break up their relationships, but, when I see how happy my Sims can look in another Sim's arms, I'm sometimes just a little bit envious.

[EDIT] There have been previous threads like this, but they were a few years ago.

Rosebine
10th Feb 2018, 11:47 PM
Family. I'm 43, have 4 children, and would gladly have more. ;)
To me, babies are like sushi. You can never have too many.

Emerald1234
10th Feb 2018, 11:49 PM
i agree FAMILY FOR LIFE!

i wonder if anyone here is grilled cheese?

Rosawyn
10th Feb 2018, 11:59 PM
Knowledge/Family. My family is very important to me, but I have no desire for 10 kids. ;) (I have two, for the record, and that's probably enough.)

Florentzina
11th Feb 2018, 12:08 AM
:here: A-/Demi-Sexual so Romance is the least related one to me.
At least how I feel about my sexual orientation, Almost 29, the first and last encounter was a decade ago and a "puppy love" a few years ago. :rolleyes: or how I like to joke about it: Being together with someone more than friends is fine as I develope crushes, but without the WOOHOO-part, so the date pool would be rather slim. I'm not into marriage life, so I can't say a person who wait with woohoo after marriage is ideal exactly either. :rofl:

:here: Agoraphobic so I prefer family time over heaps of friends of a Popularity Sim. I dont do parties nor date but I do outing with family and closer relatives.
:here: Having a Asperger syndrome and it seems impossible without having a panic attack to have a "normal" job. Like money but not desperate for it, as I long I live a decent life and do fun things once in a while, I don't need luxury stuff, So Fortune is also unlikely.
:here: Grilled Cheese? Ermmm I love Cheese based food (Omelette, Tomato sauce and Pasta with Cheese), but not much into sandwiches.... so nope.

I can relate myself most to Knowledge and Pleasure. Learn new things and enjoy family/relative and leisure life without having kids or dating (so Im 100% I'm not family type and apart from dating, pleasure is closer related to me than popularity/fortune). ;)

:rofl:

BlueAlien
11th Feb 2018, 12:57 AM
Knowledge and Grilled Cheese. I am a perpetual student, after all. :)

Annorah
11th Feb 2018, 1:02 AM
:here: A-/Demi-Sexual so Romance is the least related one to me.

I am concerned... I am a demisexual as well and my main aspiration would be Knowledge, and my secondary would be Romance. Well, I probably should not worry. If only the game would not sum up romance as practically 'WooHoo with 20 different sims' :rofl:

My sims are usually Family ones... I wonder why. I have decided a long, long time ago that I will never have children. Makes one think.

Florentzina
11th Feb 2018, 1:05 AM
Actually I'm the same with family Sims. I breed them like crazy in game but hearing a baby cry in real life gives me panic attack. When I was a kid I often told my parents I wanted children just to lock them in the bathroom when they are badly behaved... But even now I still never want to have kids despite loving Sims 2 genetics. :rofl:

Well, as far as Romance goes. I will associate that aspiration with "flirt, woohoo, flirt cheat, woohoo" route or the open relationship: "Woohoo buddy". :rofl:

Sunbee
11th Feb 2018, 1:12 AM
I've always said knowledge/family. I actually *have* six kids. The youngest is snoozing on my lap right now!

Bulbizarre
11th Feb 2018, 1:20 AM

It does, but for some reason it doesn't come up in the search:
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=583262&page=1

I'd be Knowledge/Pleasure, I believe.

quycksylver
11th Feb 2018, 3:57 AM
Since there's no Creativity aspiration (a gross oversight on Eaxis' part), I guess I'd say Knowledge.

I wish I was Fortune...maybe I'd be able to pay off those damn student loans, then.

conversesneaker
11th Feb 2018, 4:53 AM
Knowledge/Pleasure absolutely. I can be euphoric just by changing into my pajamas!

SparkySays
11th Feb 2018, 4:55 AM
100% Knowledge here, and naturally I've always had a soft spot for Knowledge sims. If I had a secondary aspiration, it'd have to be Popularity, which is a little weird because I'm such an introvert. Nonetheless, most of the key things I've achieved in life are through building positive relationships with people in my community. It's important!

kanzen
11th Feb 2018, 6:11 AM
Fortune - I went to private school, got a 4 year scholarship in university and graduated with honors but despite all that I already had multiple breakdowns IRL due to not making enough money to make ends meet. Since the pay for my field is more often than not, a joke, I'm running my own business right now. I'd want to marry a rich guy to make life a little bit easier but maybe that's not the best solution. I want to make it by my own power.

Hopefully my sim counterpart has a better life than me so she won't have to give up her dreams just to survive.

Secondary would be Grilled Cheese. I'm Fortune first and foremost, so I'm insanely thrifty. What better way to cheer yourself up with the delicious, crunchy, cheesy, sumptuous grilled cheese? It won't hurt anyone's pocket. Old bread and weeks old cheese can taste decent when you grill it. Just make sure they're not moldy.

bbostic8
11th Feb 2018, 6:47 AM
This is an interesting thread, for sure. I think I'm most likely a Knowledge/Family aspiration, as I feel utterly useless and directionless if I'm not educating myself in some way. I'm a ravenous reader and plow through books like crazy, love to learn the ins-and-outs of all kinds of things, and love to create, most of all, my own work. Whether it's writing, traditional art, acting, music, or cooking, I love learning and being able to apply that knowledge to the physical world. Beyond that, I have a fervent desire to pursue and strengthen my relationship with my partner and solidify our future together so I can raise the healthy, happy family I never had as a child. Abusive parents suck! Learn to communicate in a healthy way with your children and save them a lot of heartache and pain in their futures from trying to fill that void where parental love and support should be with just about anything else. (Also why my career is in childcare and sociology.)

ConsoC
11th Feb 2018, 9:01 AM
I'd likely be a Knowledge as well, I like to learn and experiment and whatnot. Secondary, I really don't know.

amora_selvagen
11th Feb 2018, 10:15 AM
Laziness With Second Inspiration For "playing Sims"

Charity
11th Feb 2018, 11:11 AM
I'm a bit torn between Knowledge (which is probably the most likely) and Romance, which I think I'd really rather like to be. In Real Life I've never had a proper relationship, a first kiss or even a flirt, but maybe I can overcome all that as a Sim, and be at the heart of one of those polyamorous groups where everybody loves everybody else. I wouldn't want to hurt anyone or break up their relationships, but, when I see how happy my Sims can look in another Sim's arms, I'm sometimes just a little bit envious.

[EDIT] There have been previous threads like this, but they were a few years ago.

With Freetime you can have both.

lauratje86
11th Feb 2018, 11:48 AM
I would be Knowledge/Pleasure.

I love learning new things and would definitely have a Knowledge primary.

I don't want children (though I do hope to marry my current partner), so not Family. I have little interest in earning lots of money and as I am Autistic and have mental health issues I don't really want to get promoted at work as I wouldn't be able to cope with the increased working hours and pressure, so not Fortune. I don't like parties and I only have a few friends, so not Popularity. I am quite happy in a monogamous relationship with my current partner, so not Romance. Pleasure works well for me - I like going on dates/spending time with my partner, I like going on outings to museums and Kew Gardens and nature reserves with my family and friends and I enjoy going out for meals. Plus I love spending time at home in my pyjamas playing computer games!

So yes, definitely Knowledge/Pleasure!

maxon
11th Feb 2018, 1:10 PM
It does - several times over.

I'll say it again though: Knowledge with the non-existent Creativity secondary or Creativity with secondary Knowledge depending on what I am mostly doing at the time.

didyouevenmakeasound
11th Feb 2018, 1:24 PM
Family/Knowledge for me! I love kids and I'm a pretty good student with good grades - though, @maxon, I am with you on the creativity thing and would def choose that as my secondary instead of knowledge!

Emerald1234
11th Feb 2018, 1:46 PM
we could do a poll on this.

Justpetro
11th Feb 2018, 2:32 PM
I would have said Knowledge in the past. And I think I would still make a very credible knowledge Sim! Yet now I have a grandchild - so I think I am now a FamilyPopularity Sim :)

One just have to have a party now and then :rofl:

wickedjr89
11th Feb 2018, 5:49 PM
Pleasure with knowledge secondary. I like my hobbies like reading and playing Sims, and just trying to relax and enjoy myself as I deal with chronic pain and such. I do also however like to learn new things as well.

Family- Nope, no kids for me thank you very much!
Popularity- Excuse me while I laugh...and laugh...and laugh...XD I'm both shy and introverted. I mostly just want to be left alone in real life.
Fortune- If I have enough to live comfortably i'm good.
Romance- I'm married and I do love my spouse. I have no desire to cheat or anything and even if you just want to go by being romantic I wouldn't really know romance if it bit me on the nose.
Grilled Cheese- I do like Grilled Cheese...but I don't worship it :p

MasterRed
11th Feb 2018, 7:03 PM
100% Knowledge. My selfsim is Knowledge and it is perfect for me. I went with Family for secondary as it was closest (I love my family) but I don't want kids so that's different haha.

DezzyDoesThings
11th Feb 2018, 9:30 PM
Grilled cheese.

Just...grilled cheese. :llama:

ZenGarden
11th Feb 2018, 9:34 PM
Family without a doubt! My biggest dream in life is to find someone to love and share everything with, have kids I can spoil, own a warm and nice home and a dog. One day!

Emerald1234
11th Feb 2018, 9:37 PM
Family without a doubt! My biggest dream in life is to find someone to love and share everything with, have kids I can spoil, own a warm and nice home and a dog. One day!

that's just like me,although i want to start a family early i think being 30 is too old.

i'd have about 10 cats 6 kids and be with my soulmate.

Bigsimsfan12
11th Feb 2018, 10:36 PM
Family; everything I do in life is with the intention of providing the best possible life for my future children/family. My dream job is to be a stay at home mother. But sadly that doesn't pay the bills so I have to settle for Neuropsychologist. :lol:
Knowledge as a secondary because I love learning things, especially to do with the brain.

grammapat
11th Feb 2018, 11:37 PM
First I wanted family; then I had a family but no money - that was no fun. Now my little family (children) are far away and pretty messed up, but I have money. Now my aspiration seems to be Food.

FranH
12th Feb 2018, 12:28 AM
Knowledge. If I had secondary it'd have to be fortune. Mostly because I want a lot of money, but it's a daydream.

AndrewGloria
12th Feb 2018, 12:55 AM
. . .Now my aspiration seems to be Food.Can we put you down as Grilled Cheese?

Family without a doubt! My biggest dream in life is to find someone to love and share everything with, have kids I can spoil, own a warm and nice home and a dog. One day!Oooh! You disappoint me! ;) I'm sure the last time this topic came up, you were Romance. Am I the only one still holding a candle for Romance Sims?

Of course I'm strongly influenced by my original gay teen Andrew and his mum Gloria (Romance). Gloria has just been such an outstandingly good mum to Andrew, and the boy won't hear a word against her. She's actually a more caring mother than some Family Sims I could think of.

Justpetro
12th Feb 2018, 9:26 AM
that's just like me,although i want to start a family early i think being 30 is too old.

i'd have about 10 cats 6 kids and be with my soulmate.

30 - too old for what? Had both my kids at 30+ :)

Emerald1234
12th Feb 2018, 9:33 AM
well if you have kids in your thirties i think there's less of a chance for grandkids

i dunno i guess i'm just weird :)

kerri191
12th Feb 2018, 9:56 AM
Family as a primary. It was all I've ever wanted for myself, and that's never changed.

As a secondary, I'd go with knowledge. I've always loved learning things, and frankly, I'm pretty good at it most of the time.

I'm not extroverted. I'm introverted almost to the extreme. Popularity strikes me as time-consuming and tiresome. With teaching as a profession, I've accepted that it's more than likely I'll never have a fortune stashed away somewhere. Although, it wouldn't hurt...

Justpetro
12th Feb 2018, 10:03 AM
well if you have kids in your thirties i think there's less of a chance for grandkids

i dunno i guess i'm just weird :)

I have one now. I am 61 and my daughter is 30 :)
Not perfect, but I only met my husband when I was older.

SciBirg
12th Feb 2018, 10:32 AM
Knowledge/Family here as well. Computer engineer with one child (with 10 Nice points). Wish I had 6 children, but age and endometriosis...

gdayars
12th Feb 2018, 1:10 PM
definitely family with knowledge secondary. Don't mess with my kids or mama dragon comes out to play :P but I love to learn, and always have. I used to read encyclopedias as a kid (in between my dream of having six kids lol). Nowadays I just google.

TychoH
12th Feb 2018, 1:38 PM
As a child I was a little Family Sim. I always wanted to have lots of children later.

Now it's Pleasure/Knowledge. I like learning new things, but I even more like to do just whatever I want at that moment. I would like to have a partner one day - but no children (pets are enough), no boatloads of friends, no lots of money (though it would be nice), no endless cheating. But my Sims love all those things, so I guess there's a little bit of everything inside of me.

inspiredzone
12th Feb 2018, 3:31 PM
Knowledge/Pleasure. Knowledge is my natural state. Pleasure is my ADHD, throwing in wants like "Stay home from work" and "play a computer game" that I had to learn to ignore.

Scathed
12th Feb 2018, 5:11 PM
Popularity with a Knowledge secondary, both of which are in permanent aspiration failure.

Noa1500
12th Feb 2018, 6:53 PM
Grilled cheese, yo. Jokes, its probably Pleasure followed by Knowledge as the secondary aspiration

franfeliano
12th Feb 2018, 7:14 PM
I would be a knowledge / fortune sim ( i dream each day about owning a old houses, to travel, etc...)

mdsb759
14th Feb 2018, 9:33 PM
title question; I recall a similar question long ago. not sure if it was this site or another site.

me; probably Knowledge.
and Family might be second.

grammapat
14th Feb 2018, 9:56 PM
Can we put you down as Grilled Cheese?....
Prefer pie to cheese. How about "leisure"? I've always been a Romantic, but never wanted to be boinking more than one person AT A TIME. And I'm too stupid for Knowledge.

mdsb759
14th Feb 2018, 11:21 PM
grilled pie? I have not heard of "grilled pie"; from anywhere.

Bulbizarre
15th Feb 2018, 12:34 AM
https://www.crazyforcrust.com/how-to-grill-pie/

Now I'm hungry.

Sims2Christain
15th Feb 2018, 8:53 AM
Knowledge as my primary. To know all about the universe and creation from the Planck length to the outer limits of observational space.
Family as my secondary aspiration, I want 4 kids preferably but also want to have/maintain good relationships with my family.

simsample
15th Feb 2018, 3:42 PM
http://www.modyourpanties.com/hosting/86105_180215154041CheeseFailure.jpg

:lol:

grammapat
16th Feb 2018, 8:44 PM
A meat pie? With cheese? No no no. Just a fruit pie. Actually you could leave off the "pie" part (the crust) and give me the fruit --guess that would be just eating preserves. Ok, just CAKE. O never mind, these aren't "aspirations" anyway. Well, I DO aspire to be thin, but with all that pie/cake/cookies THAT'S not gonna happen.
Ok, I'm just "leasure", but with no cheese samitches just bouncing on couch in PJs, watching the TV, playing with the cat, bird watching, and talking.
PS just saw pic above; yes that's what grilled cheese tastes like to me.
Have to go now and have CT scan of head again, something was missing on the first one; probably that part of the brain that remembers spelling, math, and names.

maxon
16th Feb 2018, 8:53 PM
SimSample, I'm not surprised that is your self-sim.

MasterRed
16th Feb 2018, 9:18 PM
Who says it isn't?
(oh god I'm so sorry simsample please don't hate me)

Selly_2009
16th Feb 2018, 9:56 PM
<--- my self-sim: Knowledge primary, Family secondary.

The fact I failed my Uni degree and still childless at mid-30s IRL should mean I'm... deep in aspiration failure?? Oh wait... who says I'm not?

mdsb759
16th Feb 2018, 10:25 PM
http://static-files1.modthesims2.com/customavatars/avatar3607794_6.gif
hard to determine the age of that sim; do you have a "head to toe" picture of the sim?

ieta_cassiopeia
17th Feb 2018, 12:06 AM
I'm still a pure Knowledge Sim, I think.

*still grinning from doing and passing an exam on Thursday*

There are little bits of Family, Popularity and Pleasure in there, but none strong enough to make sense as a secondary aspiration.

simsample
17th Feb 2018, 12:33 AM
SimSample, I'm not surprised that is your self-sim.

Who says it isn't?
(oh god I'm so sorry simsample please don't hate me)

:rofl: :P :cool:

(But really, this is my self-sim:
https://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?p=5280242#post5280242
She's a Rock Music aspiration (LTW collect 2 million rare vinyl records), hence the Rush T-shirt with a plumbob. Secondary is definitely grilled cheese, though! :giggler: )

Charmful
17th Feb 2018, 6:37 PM
Mine keeps toggling between primary and secondary but it's Popularity and Pleasure. I think primary leans toward pleasure the older I get. Fun things drive my actions, and as you can imagine it takes me weeks to actually do laundry because that's responsible and not as fun as doing something sim-related every night after work.

ZenGarden
19th Feb 2018, 10:18 PM
Oooh! You disappoint me! ;) I'm sure the last time this topic came up, you were Romance. Am I the only one still holding a candle for Romance Sims?

Haha! :lol: I love that you remember that. I am still a huge sucker for romance, but I guess you could say I've lost a bit of faith in the dramatic and extravagant romance I once loved. Not to get too personal or anything, but the romantic men I've dated are all insecure bastards

Nukk
20th Feb 2018, 5:48 AM
Family primary, Pleasure secondary! I want the whole '50s nuclear family thing: Husband, house, pets, a couple of kids, yaddayadda.

katlovet10
12th Jul 2018, 6:52 PM
Knowledge primary, Family secondary. I want a partner and a couple kids, but I want to have a nice full life of learning everything I can before I settle down.

OnayaW
12th Jul 2018, 9:59 PM
hmmm I would Either be Knowledge, family
or pleasure, family.
Family would be there as a second
but my main one may be a bit ene idk
I love enjoying living - but i'm also smart =3=