PDA

View Full Version : Performing Arts Bimonthly Theme

gdayars
1st Jun 2017, 1:28 AM
http://www.modyourpanties.com/hosting/76940_170531195252pabannerlarge.jpg

Hello Fellow Simmers!

MTS is proud to announce that we are bringing back themes! As of June 1, 2017 we are starting a series of new themes, each lasting for 2 months.
There will be a special extended one that lasts over the holidays however, only to begin anew in January of next year.

After much heated debate (actually we took a poll) we decided on Performing Arts for the first one. Of course, the gigantic banner up above is probably a good clue which one won ;)

Build a theater, create an instrument, make a costume, be creative in a multitude of ways! We look forward to seeing what the community comes up with :)
Be sure to put #themeperformingarts in your hash tags though, and mention that any uploads are part of the new theme so we don't miss any!

As usual, contributors will receive a shiny new Achievement Sticker for their collections :)

Zarathustra
1st Jun 2017, 2:18 AM
*Wonders about maybe finishing up the theatre from my university campus and posting that to get in on this contest / get feedback from the larger community on the styles I'm using for that project...

Liz
1st Jun 2017, 3:09 AM
This is wonderful news! I was just getting into creating and participating in these when they were pulled and was so bummed. Humongous thanks, mods and site staff, for bringing back themes! As a creator I enjoy how they inspire projects I might not otherwise have planned, and as a downloader I love the great goodies they bring! Cheers, and thanks again! (^_^)

Red Sonja
1st Jun 2017, 3:12 AM
I'm sure I could think of something......

InLovewithRed
1st Jun 2017, 8:14 AM
Awesome!! :lol: I cannot wait to get started!

freidapearl
2nd Jun 2017, 2:16 AM
Sounds interesting.....looking forward to trying this out.

k2m1too
3rd Jun 2017, 3:28 AM
I'm glad to see the themes back. I haz ideas...

maxon
5th Jun 2017, 1:18 PM
ooooo - I'm sure I can think of something.

CatherineTCJD
5th Jun 2017, 4:27 PM
Oh! Oh! Oooooh! :bunny: YAY!!! I can't wait :cool:

gdayars
11th Jun 2017, 1:31 AM
@Delphy would you mind putting the banner in the first post of this thread across the site please? :)

AGuyCalledPi
13th Jun 2017, 4:24 PM
Does a TV studio qualify as a venue for the performing of an art?

gdayars
13th Jun 2017, 5:56 PM
Yes it does @GrijzePilion

AGuyCalledPi
13th Jun 2017, 6:05 PM
Great, I'll get right on it.

Averex
13th Jun 2017, 6:55 PM
As an aspiring singer/Broadway actress myself, this excites the hell out of me! Can't wait to get started!

bassoon_crazy
14th Jun 2017, 3:23 PM
Oooh. Someone please do a woodwind instrument! You'd win for sure, at least for me. Lol.

zlatushka
15th Jun 2017, 7:05 PM
Yes, this is so cool! And a great opportunity for me to finally finish the Kabuki theater I started building AGES ago! :D

ankoyume
18th Jun 2017, 5:28 PM
Wonderful idea ! I wouldn't have enought time to participate if it was one month long only. And the theme is great too. Thanks !

badusername2000
21st Jun 2017, 12:40 AM
I know I won't be able to contribute anything (because I'm not good at making things) but its good to see themes again.

AGuyCalledPi
21st Jun 2017, 1:55 PM
I know I won't be able to contribute anything (because I'm not good at making things) but its good to see themes again.
Especially if there's a theme you like, and a content creator you like decides to make new CC based around it. Like that one time the monthly theme was Chuck Norris. Obviously I'll have to pitch in with ideas:

- the future (in a Into The Future sort of way)
- the past (in a 70s, 80s & 90s Stuff sort of way)
- Chuck Norris's colleagues (in an 80s action movie sort of way, and I'd pitch in the building from Die Hard (https://68.media.tumblr.com/e2e4de0a4564967a303b6700dd12c429/tumblr_orhk37dncf1vc8aj1o1_1280.png))

TotsInc
25th Jun 2017, 12:06 AM
These themes not only inspire creativity, but teamwork too! @gdayars and I (justJones) have started a mod team because of it :P

cord11
25th Jun 2017, 10:20 PM
Oh a whole 2 months? Awesome, I'll actually have time to make something after getting a new laptop, yes! :D

Of course I'll have to figure out what to make, plus see how busy my social life is. :P

emmyjulia
27th Jun 2017, 8:05 PM
Ohh how come I didn't notice this earlier? I have an awesome idea! :bunny:

Alrunia
6th Jul 2017, 3:17 PM
I'm building a venue that includes space for performing, but where performing is not the focus of it all - a large park with a bandstand to be exact. Would that fall under the theme or not?

gdayars
6th Jul 2017, 7:53 PM
Am not sure. It would depend on what percentage of the lot was theme based probably

Hellfrozeover
13th Jul 2017, 10:30 AM
Great :) I have some CC that I might be able to adapt to this!

gdayars
20th Jul 2017, 8:47 PM
Last call and reminder! We have just a few days left til the end of the theme :) We are recording all uploads for the achievement sticker and also pm'ing creators who would have fit in the theme but didn't put it in the hashtag so if you get a pm or want to go back and add it, having forgotten, just please let us know so we can add you to our list :)

Goldenbtrfly
21st Jul 2017, 12:29 AM
What is the last day we can upload/last day of the theme? I'm working on a few things, but they aren't done just yet. @gdayars

CatherineTCJD
21st Jul 2017, 4:18 PM
My build is coming!!! Hold the elevator please!!!

The Vista side of my PC died (completely dead - ain't no resuscitating that baby again) :wtf: *sigh* So, I had to rebuild from scratch on my DD's machine using S2UC - which I've never used before... Not completely sure about how I feel about it yet - I miss SimPE too much! BUT, since no CC was installed - it is a CC-free lot. 'Yay!' for that?

She just stepped away from her machine now - so I'm gonna sneek back on there to get pictures taken... She probably won't give me much time to use photoshop on them (another program I can't replace on Linux) - so my upload presentation will probably not be up to my usual standards (we'll see) Hopefully, I'll get my upload up within the next day or so...
:luff:
I gotta get my sticker! O.O

Caco
22nd Jul 2017, 4:51 PM
Oh great idea! Try to upload some CC :bunny:

attuned
27th Jul 2017, 4:49 AM
@gdayars Is the deadline for the Performing Arts theme July 31? Thanks!

gdayars
27th Jul 2017, 6:38 AM
yes it is! :) July 31 this one ends, and August 1 we will be announcing the new one :) and the first week in August will be seeing the stickers going out for everyone who participated :)

AngieMFAK77
31st Jul 2017, 10:18 PM
Had no idea this type of thing was going on on MTS! Where have I been??? Loving the theme so far. Good luck everyone!