PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas to everybody!

Tashiketh
25th Dec 2016, 8:51 AM
The staff at MTS would like to wish everybody a Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and a wonderful time with loved ones, one and all! :bunny:

deetoxicity
25th Dec 2016, 9:30 AM
Have a Wonderful holiday!!

AGuyCalledPi
25th Dec 2016, 9:34 AM
Don't tell me what to do.

Mamathulu
25th Dec 2016, 11:33 AM
Merry Winter Holidays to you and to everyone on the site - in South-East England, I've been enjoying a busy (and very messy) Christmas morning with my husband, daughter, and two sons (who are both on the autism spectrum), so no time for simming yet, but I may play a bit when we get back from a dinner at my parents' place later. (Although, watching Dr. Who, Bake Off and Call the Midwife may be required along with some eating of cheese and crackers!)
I am very grateful that we have so much to share together, and just having a warm home, lots of lovely food, and a chance to spend some time together is lovely.
I would love to hear how other Simmers are spending their Christmases, especially as we must be a pretty diverse bunch! How are you all spending yours?

XxCTxX
25th Dec 2016, 11:48 AM
Merry Christmas, happy Hanukkah, happy Kwanza or just happy holidays to all of you lovelies!

I'm spending my Christmas at home in London, England with my mum and sister.

Lots of food to last me the week, so I've got packed lunches ready for work.

Haven't flicked through the telly but I'll usually end up watching some Xmas film.
I'm just grateful I have a roof over my head and a fridge full of food :)

joandsarah77
25th Dec 2016, 2:00 PM
Mamathulu, those of us in the Southern Hemisphere are in the middle of summer. ;) Australia, New Zealand and South Africa.

We spent it at home with our kids and our parent/s and DH's single brother around like we do most years. I decided to go all cold this year so we had cold sliced ham and turkey and I made potato salad, Greek Salad, shredded salad and rice salad. Cold trifle and soft drink and the air con running. I may do all cold in the future since running an oven and doing roast and gravy when it's so hot doesn't make a whole lot of sense. A lot of people on the coast go to the beach for Christmas day.
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e397/joandsarah77/Holidays/Christmas/surf.gif (http://s43.photobucket.com/user/joandsarah77/media/Holidays/Christmas/surf.gif.html)
What Santa does while he's here.

linesa
25th Dec 2016, 3:40 PM
Merry Christmas everyone :D

CatherineTCJD
25th Dec 2016, 3:51 PM
Merry Christmas! and Happy Holidays to all from sunny Florida - which, though we're in the Northern hemisphere, it's 80+ degrees out today, bright, and sunny.
Santa arrived some time in the night and filled our daughter's 'sock' with a few of the things she requested.
Hubs has to leave for work shortly after noon (Disney World - where they work while others play *sigh*) So...
...We're not really celebrating until the 29th. Then the G-parents will gather with us and gifts will be exchanged with a feast to follow. We're NOT doing the whole "roast beast" thing this year either - too hot! But, we will be grilling filet mignon in the backyard and sipping chilled nog-of-the-egg. LOL!

I will definitely be spending some quality Christmas time with my simmies later today. (Gotta finish my 2 builds for Phae's Urban Conversion contest!)

alljoj
25th Dec 2016, 3:54 PM
You have a merry Christmas too! I got a new laptop, so I can play Sims a lot more.

Honeywell
25th Dec 2016, 4:07 PM
Thank you. Merry Christmas everyone. :luff:

ankoyume
25th Dec 2016, 4:19 PM
Thanks and merry christmas and "joyeux noël" to you all !

alljoj
25th Dec 2016, 5:11 PM
Of course, a new computer means...

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/262047185460396032/262627916192546816/unknown.png

File transferring.

(merry christmas to mEEEEEE)

AGuyCalledPi
25th Dec 2016, 6:03 PM
Of course, a new computer means...
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/262047185460396032/262627916192546816/unknown.png
File transferring.
(merry christmas to mEEEEEE)
Have fun with your new computer! I remember the thrill of when I first got started with mine. She's about 4 months old now and running like a charm. Isn't the birth of a baby computer a wonderful thing?

Mamathulu
25th Dec 2016, 6:04 PM
Mamathulu, those of us in the Southern Hemisphere are in the middle of summer. ;) Australia, New Zealand and South Africa.

We spent it at home with our kids and our parent/s and DH's single brother around like we do most years. I decided to go all cold this year so we had cold sliced ham and turkey and I made potato salad, Greek Salad, shredded salad and rice salad. Cold trifle and soft drink and the air con running. I may do all cold in the future since running an oven and doing roast and gravy when it's so hot doesn't make a whole lot of sense. A lot of people on the coast go to the beach for Christmas day.
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e397/joandsarah77/Holidays/Christmas/surf.gif (http://s43.photobucket.com/user/joandsarah77/media/Holidays/Christmas/surf.gif.html)
What Santa does while he's here.

DH? Are you a Mumsnetter by any chance? :D (I do realise I may sound quite quite mad to those who don't know what Mumsnet is, but I thought terms like 'DH' were pretty much a Mumsnet thing - but I could well be mistaken, so apologies if you're not!

Inge Jones
25th Dec 2016, 7:00 PM
Nah, people use that a lot all over the place, even I do and I am not on mumsnet

Kankritty
25th Dec 2016, 8:11 PM
DH? Are you a Mumsnetter by any chance? :D (I do realise I may sound quite quite mad to those who don't know what Mumsnet is, but I thought terms like 'DH' were pretty much a Mumsnet thing - but I could well be mistaken, so apologies if you're not!

Googles "DH" meaning because I have no clue...

http://www.modyourpanties.com/hosting/74044_161225200942tt.png

Doing more research, I think it means "Dearest Husband". As I have no husband, it doesn't surprise me I didn't have a clue.

Aside from that, Merry Christmas to all! Nadolig Llawen i bawb!

HelloSims324
25th Dec 2016, 8:34 PM
:new: Have a wonderful new year and happy simming! And many mods for the Sims community!! :)
:) :) :) :)

joandsarah77
25th Dec 2016, 8:52 PM
I've never heard of Mumsnetter :lol: Sounds like mums who like the web? If so count me in!

Dh means dear or darn husband. Depending on your mood! DH is a well known abbreviation on any parenting site. :)

Mamathulu, shame you don't play sims 2. I also have 1 child with ASD and a long term health condition. (I looked at your profile)

sue.simaddict
25th Dec 2016, 9:12 PM
Merry Christmas to all Thanks for a lovely sims site :)

SusannaG
25th Dec 2016, 9:28 PM
Merry Christmas, y'all, from SC, where it's warm (not quite as warm as Florida, but nearly 70, sunny, and gorgeous - our neighbors are mostly out playing touch football), and the leg of lamb is in the oven.

And Santa brought me a new graphics card, so I will be able to run Sims 3 with Seasons!

DH - either the designated hitter, an abomination from the American League (I'm a National League girl), or "dear husband," in several forums I hang around.

maxon
25th Dec 2016, 9:30 PM
Merry Christmas everyone

Ghost sdoj
25th Dec 2016, 10:00 PM
Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, or Happy Reserved Seat At The Movies Day, depending on what you do or do not celebrate.

Bily jednorozec
25th Dec 2016, 10:10 PM
Merry Christmas (and not only) at everyone and thanks to MTS for being here for us

Karen Lorraine
25th Dec 2016, 10:49 PM
Happy Christmas everyone!

mustluvcatz
25th Dec 2016, 11:11 PM
Merry Christmas from MLC's little slice of heaven.. where it's in the 40's (F, not C) and raining.

themysteriouscorn
25th Dec 2016, 11:41 PM
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all! :D

Mamathulu
26th Dec 2016, 12:35 AM
I've never heard of Mumsnetter :lol: Sounds like mums who like the web? If so count me in!

Dh means dear or darn husband. Depending on your mood! DH is a well known abbreviation on any parenting site. :)

Mamathulu, shame you don't play sims 2. I also have 1 child with ASD and a long term health condition. (I looked at your profile)

I have had S2 and recently got the package for my mac, but there's only so much time in the day (as I'm sure you find the same!) Yeah - mumsnet is a site designed for (but not exclusively by) parents, and I find it a very useful support for SEN, general parenting, and a very funny and honest approach to parenting and life. (Honestly only a user of it, and I'm affiliated with it in any other way!)

Anyhow, hope you, DH and DS have had a fabulous Crimble - and everyone else too! I'm just winding up the day by watching 'Love Actually' for the fifteen-billionth time with DD (18) and we've just realised that the character Carl is played by the same actor who plays Hector in 'Westworld' - which eerily reminds me of what might happen to Simming in years to come! :wtf:

Corylea
26th Dec 2016, 12:48 AM
Thanks to all the MTS staff for everything you do!

Happy Holidays.

joandsarah77
26th Dec 2016, 12:55 AM
I'm just winding up the day by watching 'Love Actually' for the fifteen-billionth time

I've never seen it. I like watching movies on 123, which appears to have it, so I'll take a look.
Mac's are not so good for sims 2 since they never finished making the EP's for them. Time in a day haha yes I would like a few more hours.

MiniMimi
26th Dec 2016, 12:58 AM
Merry Christmas everyone! Thank you for this site and for all the work you do <3 Love you guys

Fizzy9
26th Dec 2016, 4:21 AM
Merry Christmas & Happy 2017 to the wonderful MTS Community. :bunny:
Thank you to Delphy and moderators for all you do to keep this site awesome:!:
I had a wonderful day with my family and I'm so thankful for that. :lovestruc

mirjampenning
26th Dec 2016, 7:28 AM
I would love to hear how other Simmers are spending their Christmases, especially as we must be a pretty diverse bunch! How are you all spending yours?
First of all I hope everyone had a good time no matter how they spend it.
Never saw this topic before I went off to my parents and I didn't know if it was appropriate in the sims 2 forum itself to start a topic to wish everyone good days.

To answer your question.
Me, husband and my son (from a previous relationship) travelled to my parents two days ago. My brother and his family were there also.
We got there a bit late in the evening so it was a short chat and then we all went to bed.
Next day it was Christmas and we had plans to go somewhere to bowl and play midgetgolf aka mini-golf.
Afterwards we had a nice dinner there by buffet in a private room. It was really great and we had a good time.
Since my health isn't the best I was exhausted and when we got home last night I almost went to bed immediately and even managed to sleep through the whole night until 07.30 this morning. Tonight we will do gourmet here and then my daughter (also from that same previous relationship) joins us also. She had plans with her boyfriend and therefore didn't join us with the bowling and all.

AGuyCalledPi
26th Dec 2016, 12:04 PM
Okay, who here didn't get any presents? Raise your hands please, I feel lonely :(

wuccwzt
26th Dec 2016, 1:04 PM
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone! :)

atymer
26th Dec 2016, 5:03 PM
Happy Holidays to everyone at MTS. I wish to thank all the creative persons here that have enhanced my enjoyment of Sims over the years. You are more appreciated than words can express.
May Heavenly Father Bless You All throughout the coming new years.

BabiHunni
26th Dec 2016, 7:41 PM
The staff at MTS would like to wish everybody a Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and a wonderful time with loved ones, one and all! :bunny:

Happy Holidays everyone!

yugnat92
27th Dec 2016, 10:37 AM
THANKS and Joyeux Noel tous et aux francais du site !

AGuyCalledPi
27th Dec 2016, 11:55 AM
Yes en fijn kerstfeest/nieuwjaar/whatever voor alle laaglanders hiero

crocobaura
27th Dec 2016, 12:29 PM
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays and a fantastic new year everyone!

Rayleen
27th Dec 2016, 7:28 PM

Merry Christmas to you and a Happy, Safe and Healthy New Year!!! :)

RiriCiri
27th Dec 2016, 9:06 PM
Merry Late Christmas!!! :)

mirjampenning
28th Dec 2016, 9:27 AM
Okay, who here didn't get any presents? Raise your hands please, I feel lonely :(
@GrijzePilion
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/15/a0/89/15a089398b9c839566337bb12bdb5d1a.jpg
Where I live it's not a given that people give each other Christmas gifts perse. We didn't do any.

magg125
28th Dec 2016, 7:35 PM
hi you guys i have a big problem my game have been in the loading screen for 10 HOURS its still not working i took it out and try to reload a new game it has been 1 hour it still hast worked yet can someone PLEASE HELP ME .

Inge Jones
28th Dec 2016, 10:00 PM
hi you guys i have a big problem my game have been in the loading screen for 10 HOURS its still not working i took it out and try to reload a new game it has been 1 hour it still hast worked yet can someone PLEASE HELP ME .

Merry Christmas!!!

Ahörnchen
31st Dec 2016, 11:35 AM
Hi Delphy, hi at all!

Have wonderful holildays! Many thanks to all creators for the fun in 2016 and all the best in 2017! Stay healthy please!
Greetings from Germany!