PDA

View Full Version : Sims 4 Download Poll

Nysha
22nd Apr 2015, 7:17 PM
We've had a few custom rooms for Sims 4 uploaded, so we want to know: Which part of the Downloads section do you think they should be in?

AGuyCalledPi
22nd Apr 2015, 8:29 PM
I don't entirely get the point of rooms. Shouldn't they just be uploaded to the Gallery? I can imagine Lots being on here, just for the vastly superior documentation and the ability to link to CC et cetera, but since rooms are here, I'm indecisive.

marka93
22nd Apr 2015, 9:39 PM
I think they should be put under lots in a sub section.

Enki
22nd Apr 2015, 10:29 PM
In my opinion "Build" is for all the parts that I can use to build with, and "Lots & Housing" is for finished projects, so IŽd look in the Lots & Housing section first.

Ghost sdoj
22nd Apr 2015, 10:34 PM
I don't play Sims 4 so my opinion is probably meaningless, but it seems to me that rooms could be considered as subsections of the lot that they are on. It would make sense to me to look for uploaded individual rooms in a subsection of Lots and Housing.

Viktor86
23rd Apr 2015, 12:15 AM
Lots & housing, because rooms are important and finished parts of houses and other buildings. Build mode is for the unfinished phase before completing rooms and houses: floor, roof and wall paintings, flowers, trees and other plants et cetera. Thus, smaller and specified items, comparable with CAS items and stuff from buy modes.

stuart-grey
23rd Apr 2015, 12:58 AM
I don't understand the question.

I want to be able to find Sims 2 content, Sims 3 content, and inner peace over the disappointment and grief of Sims 4 and the bleak future for simming. :-(

TMBrandon
23rd Apr 2015, 1:08 AM
I think it should be it's own sub-category under Lots & Housing > Rooms

Thranduil Oropherion
23rd Apr 2015, 1:33 AM
I'd look in Build, as it's part of a build ...

darkdatatrc
23rd Apr 2015, 1:42 AM

poohbear7882
23rd Apr 2015, 2:10 AM
In my opinion, the most logical place to put a room, which in itself is a completed project, would be Lots & Housing. Build, as mentioned before, is for items to build with...floors, walls, etc, whereas Lots & Housing is more for a completed project. It's own sub-category is a good idea, to make it even easier to find the individual rooms.

afgw
23rd Apr 2015, 2:32 AM
Build, because they're in Build/Buy in the game. They're NOT completed projects, just prefabricated parts of one - it takes several rooms to make a Lot, so a sub-category in Build is the right place. Go with EA's placement. They're the equivalent of the pre-made styles in CAS.

CircusWolf
23rd Apr 2015, 2:43 AM
I would agree with putting custom rooms in Build Mode. They're not a whole house so it doesn't fit in Lots/Housing

Jacey2381
23rd Apr 2015, 6:11 AM
clothing, hair, not alot in buy but i do download from there.

mustluvcatz
23rd Apr 2015, 9:02 AM
A room is NOT a lot and is useless without a lot to put it on; rooms are in build mode in the game - so in the Build section of downloads makes more sense to me.

Volvenom
23rd Apr 2015, 10:34 AM
A house has several rooms in it, and the end result can still be good or bad if two persons made a house from the same rooms. It's not a finished product, it can't stand on it's own. I agree it belongs in build section.

plasticbox
23rd Apr 2015, 11:24 AM
If the installation procedure for rooms is the same as for lots (I think this is so, but not sure -- a bunch of files to put in /Tray, rather than a package that goes in /Mods), I believe it might be better to have them in Lots rather than Build Mode. Otherwise, it could be very confusing for downloaders when there are two completely different sorts of files for things that are in the same section.

Volvenom
23rd Apr 2015, 1:34 PM
If the installation procedure for rooms is the same as for lots (I think this is so, but not sure -- a bunch of files to put in /Tray, rather than a package that goes in /Mods), I believe it might be better to have them in Lots rather than Build Mode. Otherwise, it could be very confusing for downloaders when there are two completely different sorts of files for things that are in the same section.

That is a good point. It can be quite confusing and a lot to explain sometimes. Downloaders are easily confused, but then I get confused quite easily as well :turtle:

it's easier for you to put up instructions as well probably, if it's organized like that.

nkotbsbfan78
23rd Apr 2015, 3:02 PM
I mostly download house lots and Sims CC.. I am still learning how to build so having other lots download by other players really peaks me cause how it was built and how it looks..

Anais123
23rd Apr 2015, 6:08 PM
I voted "somewhere else", because I'd actually look for them in a sub section of lots and houses. Build mode is a DIY shop (in my opinion), and that's why I love it. I go there for timber and materials, that sort of thing. Lots and houses are like an estate agent's... you leave with the keys ready to move in. Rooms would be a nuisance there. So I think they definitely belong to their own sub section (I'd hire an architect if I wanted to add a new room to my house - not a DIY shop or an estate agent).

IrishA03
23rd Apr 2015, 6:30 PM
Lots and housing. Or maybe create a sub section.

23rd Apr 2015, 6:38 PM
Just purchased The Sims 4 this month. Had time to build on one lot recently. So far until they give us bigger lots to build on and make it easier to maneuver the camera better. I don't see much of a chance I would be downloading a lot or room for a lot soon from the site.

Celia
23rd Apr 2015, 8:49 PM
I agree with the points made by TMBrandon and plasticbox. That said, I don't often download rooms.

diplacesims
24th Apr 2015, 1:38 AM
I didn't buy The Sims 4. I invested alot of money with The Sims 3 and can't afford The Sims 4.

b.wells
24th Apr 2015, 6:17 AM
I'd personally put them in a subsection of build but a subsection of lots would also work. I'm more inclined to either build the room from scratch myself or download an entire house/lot.

egureh
24th Apr 2015, 12:20 PM
I assume Build section is only for CC, but room files are not CC, they belong to Tray folder, never go into Mods folder.
So...Render unto Tray the things that are Tray's, and unto Mods the things that are Mods'. I believe Lots & Housing > Rooms would be better.

porkypine
24th Apr 2015, 8:29 PM
At first I thought Build but they are already built and pre-furnished so they should have their own category under Lots, Housing and Pre-Fab rooms.(Pre-Fabricated) and yea, they go in the tray.

bahnsidhe
25th Apr 2015, 1:15 AM
I believe they should be in a subsection of Lots. I rarely use pre-made rooms, when I do it's usually because I want an "all in one" room that I can turn into a mother-in-law cottage on my lot. Or when I'm lazy and don't want to landscape all that much. :D

Tenkei
25th Apr 2015, 2:03 AM
Agree with the folks who are saying "Lots & Housing > Rooms", though I voted Lots & Housing. Assuming that the rooms are a finished project.

MaPo
25th Apr 2015, 10:51 AM
I've downloaded clothes, hair and some stuff for buy mode. ;)

Black0listed
25th Apr 2015, 4:22 PM
lot > rooms

mozilch
25th Apr 2015, 7:01 PM
Build section

Sparkifyed
25th Apr 2015, 8:16 PM
I don't even have TS4 and I don't plan on getting it any time soon.

bellynn
25th Apr 2015, 9:55 PM
I voted Lots & Housing, though I think that Rooms should be in their own subcategory

Neah Walker
26th Apr 2015, 8:01 AM
I go to the Programs and Utilities

kasandro
26th Apr 2015, 10:30 AM
In the game you can find the premade rooms in Build Section, so I guess I would look there first. But Lots and housing seem also fine.

Skip4762
26th Apr 2015, 1:28 PM
In my opinion "Build" is for all the parts that I can use to build with, and "Lots & Housing" is for finished projects, so IŽd look in the Lots & Housing section first.

But... One room does not a house make. So you would still need to "build" others in order to do so. :blink: :rofl:

Julie J
26th Apr 2015, 9:20 PM
I too think Lots & Housing with a sub section for Custom Rooms

Jennsimz
26th Apr 2015, 10:13 PM
i just wanted to answer the poll, but i think they should be under a subcategory in lots and housing. :)

urbancowgirl68
27th Apr 2015, 6:29 AM
I resorted to going back to playing sims 3 because the sims 4 is just too boring when you are limited to lots to play on. There's not many, and I like the fact that you have pets with sims 3. Not so much with sims 4. i look for everything in build mode, but for specific rooms I go to the styled rooms page. Easy to find. I believe it should have its own sub category.

winxwinxyu
27th Apr 2015, 3:35 PM
I cannot decide. I think both places are not really suitable for a room- since that rooms are a PART of a finished project, but aren't complete without any other rooms. I may prefer making a subsection anywhere in Build or Lots&Housing, but both are unsuitable as I think.

thril1
27th Apr 2015, 6:13 PM

Agreed Seeing how rooms are a common part of housing. Most of the time a room will be found on a residential lot or even a community lot, a subcategory under Lots & Housing would be the ideal place to look for rooms.

jthehater618
27th Apr 2015, 7:01 PM
clothing, hair, shoes and mods

Hayran
28th Apr 2015, 6:59 AM
I appreciate the objects of base The Sims 4. I look more for lots.

professorlilith
28th Apr 2015, 11:26 AM
It depends on whether you mean a room made with custom content designed by the person, or a room created using all maxis content, or a room using custom content compiled from other people. I download cc content rooms all the time. I would think that two categories would be helpful. Rooms, no cc and rooms with cc, with the second category having a list of cc and link(s) to the download(s) for the content.

simslover8
29th Apr 2015, 9:05 AM
I don't really download rooms I just make them myself soo ya :turtle: :bunny:

jmh
30th Apr 2015, 8:53 AM
I don't download room for the reason that they are hard to fit together. Have seen many that I like, but when going to use them find I have to change windows, doors and other things to fit them into place. At times they also don't load onto lots.

jazzieroway
30th Apr 2015, 11:42 AM
I don't play Sims 4 (my computer just isn't good enough to run it) but I've seen it played and I honestly think rooms deserve a new, seperate category!

Crowkeeper
30th Apr 2015, 12:00 PM
How about renaming the "Lots and housing" to "Lots, housing and rooms" (so that it will be clear that the rooms are there) ?

kimmy365
1st May 2015, 12:07 AM
How to download mods? I know it explains it to you but i need it explained more clearly

Ghost sdoj
1st May 2015, 1:23 AM
How to download mods? I know it explains it to you but i need it explained more clearly
Which game? Sims 2, 3, and 4 are all different. (And Sims 3 is different depending on whether or not you have patches or an EP later than Ambitions.)
for Sims 2, try This link: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Downloading_for_Fracking_Idiots
Sims 3: Patch!. (Ok, the link I will post also says to patch, so that is a bit redundant.) http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Downloading_for_Downright_Dunderheads
Sims 4: I don't see an Idiot's Guide for Sims 4, but I found this: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS4_CC_Basics It seems like it should be reasonably clear. I don't play Sims 4, so I can't be any more help with it, but if there is something in the article that you need to have explained you can send me a PM and I'll see if I can help you figure it out.

(And questions like this should really be in their own thread. ;) )

gstewart0413
2nd May 2015, 1:30 AM
I don't entirely get the point of rooms. Shouldn't they just be uploaded to the Gallery? I can imagine Lots being on here, just for the vastly superior documentation and the ability to link to CC et cetera, but since rooms are here, I'm indecisive.

1) I find that MTS is vastly easier to search than the Gallery is IMHO.
2) Unless E.A. has changed the Gallery since I last looked (definitely possible) they don't warn about downloads containing CC
3) MTS is much faster to load than the Gallery (on my PC)
4) I'm on MTS for other downloads that the Gallery does not handle anyways

nathanjenner
2nd May 2015, 2:57 AM
i'd think it should be under lots/housing and sub-categorised as rooms.

sims21975
2nd May 2015, 5:59 AM
sims home page

BlackenedHole
3rd May 2015, 2:46 AM
Rooms are technically part of the lots and housing, so I think I'll jump on the bandwagon and say they should go under Lots & Housing > Rooms. It just makes sense, you know? :)

pierreandreply4
3rd May 2015, 8:13 PM
the first thing i look at and check is if there are new outfits i can download for my sims

artrui
3rd May 2015, 9:36 PM
Personally, I use the room function with several different kinds of proposals:
1. To save a small room edge of some special building constructions as an universal building part of my lots creations later.
2. To share a favorite room of my created houses. (Although I tend to share a whole house, do I find that a nice room has its own attraction. It is just like different kinds of magazine: there are magazines of indoor design; there are magazines of architectures.)
3. To sort my no CC items and CC items, so that I can find a single item of them quickly. (I really need this kind of room, because it takes so much time by me to find a object in that not really good sorted Sims 4 catalogue. Furthermore, I find it will be practical, if the creator, who uploaded a set of CC objects, will upload a CC room with only the objects of that set or that series of sets. I have sorted some rooms for myself in this category. You can find this kind of examples under my origin id BLUMENRUI.)
I am agreed with Lots and Houses/rooms. Or change it as Rooms and Houses/Rooms.

Stefanina
3rd May 2015, 11:03 PM
I think they should be put under lots in a sub section.

I like this idea

gellysims
3rd May 2015, 11:09 PM
I think they should be put in a subsection under Lots & Housing, as Rooms are installed in a similar way to Lots (i.e Tray files)

dstgarner217
4th May 2015, 3:37 AM
they are in build mode in the game. If you were listing this category in mod the sims, I would check in build first but, lot's and housing would be my second guess.

Bree Miles
4th May 2015, 6:23 PM
I would look under Lot's and Housing! It would need something under there that said Rooms maybe!

jennhitch
4th May 2015, 6:52 PM
In my opinion, they should be put into a whole new section (as this would be easy to encode into the website) listed as Finished Rooms or something similar. To place them under another category would only clutter up that other category. Once people learn how to create finished rooms, I am pretty sure you would have hundreds of listings and until then, you will have a few people who will own that category.

furballvie
4th May 2015, 7:26 PM
We've had a few custom rooms for Sims 4 uploaded, so we want to know: Which part of the Downloads section do you think they should be in?

maybe the where is not really the issue. I guess most people might probably try to get them from the section that has the word "room" in its name - like "lots & housing AND ROOMS" or maybe "build (INCL. ROOMS)" or something like that ... dunno - just sayi'n. I also believe that no matter what the result of the poll is, there will always be people who are going to complain that rooms should be somewhere else ^^

get_tish
5th May 2015, 2:35 AM
I rarely download houses or rooms here at all honestly but if I were to, I think "rooms" should be given its own category "Rooms" and placed under "Builds"... bcus a room isn't really a "Lot" in my opinion, it's an addition, an add-on... a build and someone "built it"... If I were to get technical (which I think I already have lol), a "Lot" is actually a plot of land, a house sits on a lot, sooooo... yea. I'm just sayin. lol

Kimmy87
5th May 2015, 3:21 PM
I think definately the build mode... i was so dissapointed, when i saw that there are not even "half walls"...
In general the buildmode is very poor, so i would appreciate more of that kind of stuff...

Andyh49
6th May 2015, 8:53 PM
I would go to the build section and it would be great if there was a sub section there for rooms

TGANDRBK
7th May 2015, 10:21 AM
Suree..... idk

jackfrost
7th May 2015, 1:40 PM
cool site love it

budiew
7th May 2015, 11:21 PM
Not interested in Sims4

lindawing
8th May 2015, 12:26 AM
One person mentioned that rooms should only be uploaded to the gallery, though lots should more likely be uploaded here because you can describe them better and you can link to CC, etc.

The same would be the case with rooms. Many people who use CC, will use it in the individual rooms, and they would like to be able to describe things better, also.

At any rate--my vote would be for the BUILD category, as they are, indeed, "styled rooms" to be added into a lot you are building. They are not, in fact, a completed lot, and shouldn't be billed as such. I would automatically look in the BUILD category first, personally.

KrayzieStryker
9th May 2015, 5:04 AM
Well hello i do play have 3 generations Sims, S2, S3 and now S4. But play the most the Sims 3, the reason is easy its just awesome. The Sims 4 looks nice and CAS, the easy build mode alone. But gameplay and free building is just boring, checklist after checklist its sadly more like playing an RPG with Jobs Quests if you get what i mean.
Ah and i didn't look for Sims 4 CC building stuff just yet, i did looked for Sims CCs but thats all.

DarkRazerz
9th May 2015, 9:32 PM
download

irmananshari
10th May 2015, 2:40 AM
good and i like it

emmalou21
10th May 2015, 6:28 PM
I'd prefer a sub-category for rooms.

hisun02
11th May 2015, 2:27 AM
Thanks for download

TiAn92
11th May 2015, 2:53 AM
Definitely the build mode

Doc987
11th May 2015, 7:47 PM
Build section

MistyGem1010
12th May 2015, 9:00 AM
I don't download Sims 4 Custom Content. Just Sims 3 :)