PDA

View Full Version : Some sad news

Pages : [1] 2

Tashiketh
4th Sep 2014, 2:28 PM
Today I have very sad news to share with you all - one of our long term members, Mootilda, had been ill with cancer for some time. On Monday 1st September she was admitted to hospital and died peacefully on Tuesday morning. This announcement post gives us the opportunity to share our condolences with her family and to remember her for all the great mods she made for us, and more importantly, to remember her for her great character and her kindness in helping others.

Mootilda was a highly respected member of the community and could frequently be found helping out in modding discussions and help forums. She was an accomplished programmer who loved to share her knowledge with others as well as being a site helper here on MTS for a number of years, and contributed extensively to the site and the community.

Mootilda - we will miss you, rest in peace.

leefish
4th Sep 2014, 2:29 PM
I will always remember Mootilda as a no-nonsense person with a genuinely kind heart. She helped me when I was new to the site and I always enjoyed reading her replies and of course using the great mods she made for us. Whenever I play my game or visit this site I shall remember her.

Inge Jones
4th Sep 2014, 2:32 PM
OMG this is very sad! She was amazing with her work on the lot mover, and I spent quite a bit of time working with her. :(

xDemoiselleGothique
4th Sep 2014, 2:32 PM
Oh my God, that's really awful.

Dear Mootilda, we will all miss you so very much!
You were always helpful and nice.
I hope you will now find peace.

My heart goes out to the family.

Johnny_Bravo
4th Sep 2014, 2:34 PM
Oh wow. I've never really known her, nor her creations, but I'm glad to hear she died peacefully. Cancer can lead to an awful death.
Rest in peace, fellow Simmer.

simsfreq
4th Sep 2014, 2:42 PM
Oh my gosh, how awfully sad. Mootilda was always so patient, talented and a truly creative problem solver. A huge loss to the sims community, and I am sure to the world in general. She will be sadly missed. My thoughts are with her family.

joandsarah77
4th Sep 2014, 2:46 PM
Oh my gosh how awful. She was a very integral part in keeping the community and the Sims 2 afloat. She was amazing.
I only knew her a little and I'm really sad. You will be missed Mootilda.

RedheadStpChild
4th Sep 2014, 3:00 PM
My condolences to her family.

baskerwil
4th Sep 2014, 3:07 PM
This is terrible news! So very sorry to hear this :(

justJones
4th Sep 2014, 3:08 PM
Prayers and condolences to her family. So sad to hear.

RedSneakers
4th Sep 2014, 3:13 PM
That's so sad. I'm glad she was a part of this community. I didn't know her personally, but she was a big part of this.

cecim
4th Sep 2014, 3:26 PM
I am a long time member of Mod the Sims. Mootilda has always been an integral part of this site. So when I read the news today, it was a tremendous blow. I am terribly sorry to hear this news. I send my heartfelt condolences to her family, friends and loved ones. In their healng, I hope they know that she was admired and had a wonderful impact here. Rest in peace and thank you very much, Mootilda. You will never be forgotten.

--Ceci

CatherineTCJD
4th Sep 2014, 3:35 PM
Sad, sad news - for us, the simming community, and the world...
She is in a better place now - and her pain is gone.
Peace be with her.

Best_Leopard
4th Sep 2014, 4:00 PM
My thoughts and love go out to her family and friends.

Karen Lorraine
4th Sep 2014, 4:07 PM
Such sad news, my thoughts and prayers to all her family and friends. Thank you for all the help and support given to myself and the simming community.

Rest in peace, Mootilda.

Vampire_aninyosaloh
4th Sep 2014, 4:14 PM
This is so sad. I always found her to be extremelly helpful both with her posts and her work. She was an amazing part of the community and will surely be missed a great deal and never forgotten. My best wishes are with her family and friends. Rest in peace.

IAmDeath
4th Sep 2014, 4:18 PM
Goodbye Mootilda. I didn't know her but it's still very sad to hear. :(

Amura
4th Sep 2014, 4:38 PM
Condolences to her family. We'll have her in our prayers.

missyhissy
4th Sep 2014, 4:53 PM
Gosh, that is so sad to hear. Condolences to her family, and may she Rest In Peace.

drewzahh
4th Sep 2014, 5:02 PM
Thoughts are with the family. That's so sad to hear.

applefeather2
4th Sep 2014, 5:12 PM
Very sad news. Rest in peace, Mootilda.
Thank you for letting us know, Delphy.

rockergrrl37203
4th Sep 2014, 5:22 PM
I have no words. May she rest in peace.

cherry4567
4th Sep 2014, 5:23 PM
didn''t know her...but that's so sad.Condolences to her family.rest in peace Mootilda.

balmz
4th Sep 2014, 5:24 PM
farewell our beloved friend rip

Klaartje
4th Sep 2014, 5:39 PM
Oh no, this is terrible :( My thoughts are with her friends and her family.

Simsdestroyer
4th Sep 2014, 5:45 PM
I didn't know her, I just knew of her from her creations, and I just want to send my condolences to the family because watching someone suffer from cancer is horrible. My mother died four months ago from cancer, so this just really affected me on a extremely personal level, and I'm so very sorry for the what the family must be going through right now. I will be praying for their comfort and strength through this very sad time...

ScaryRob
4th Sep 2014, 5:56 PM
Mootilda, you will be missed. Rest in peace.

SIMilair
4th Sep 2014, 6:09 PM
She will be missed... Hopefully God has her in His care. Condolences to her family and friends.

Amairani
4th Sep 2014, 6:11 PM
I have so many words and yet don't know how to put them together....

Mootilda, I'll always remember you not only as a talented modder but also as incredibly kind, patient, friendly and ready-to-help-anyone person. You're one of the most nicest people I've ever met online, and I feel terribly sorry and regretful for never telling you that before.

Rest in Peace, dear Mootilda. My sincere condolence to your family.

Ghost sdoj
4th Sep 2014, 6:14 PM
Her absence is leaving a big hole in the lives of those of us who knew her at all. I have many wonderful memories of her. My sincere condolences to her family and friends.

J_Fanning
4th Sep 2014, 6:29 PM
Am so sorry to see her go... Always knew if I had a question about my simmies, she could usually answer it.
MTS will not be the same without her. Go in peace, my friend.

Nysha
4th Sep 2014, 6:41 PM
Oh, gosh. Mootilda was such a talented, helpful person, and she's made so many fantastic contributions to Sims 2 modding. I'm so very sad to hear she's died; she's certainly left a legacy in terms of making TS2 an ever more amazing game. Many jedi hugs for her loved ones.

Monsoon
4th Sep 2014, 6:56 PM
I've never really known her, I just saw some posts with this cute little avatar http://www.modthesims.info/customavatars/avatar589252_3.gif with the blue name next to it writing nice things and now I'm left speechless. It is always a terrible tragedy when a fellow Simmer passes away. It's even a greater loss when such a talented person leaves the community saddened that no further creations will ever be released to make us all happier and bond us together. May she rest in peace and may her family be strong.

Kankritty
4th Sep 2014, 6:57 PM
Condolences to Mootilda's family and friends. I am sad I did not know her for long, and this is bad news for me and the community. She helped me in so many occasions, and I will never forget it. x

RIP Mootilda. Lest we forget.

ms muggles
4th Sep 2014, 7:01 PM
I am very sad to hear about Mootilda leaving our world---I know in my heart she is in a better place--simming and feeling all the love we can send out to her spirit. my condolences to her family and friends.....

Bunally
4th Sep 2014, 7:05 PM
I never knew Mootilda, but I'm sure she was a wonderful person and it's good to know that she at least went peacefully. My condolences to her family and friends.

ohthatsimschick
4th Sep 2014, 7:05 PM
Such sad news. I didn't know her personally, of course, but the news still shocked and saddened me; the simming community is like one big family, and it always hurts when we lose someone. My thoughts are with her family & friends. xx

broomhilda61
4th Sep 2014, 7:11 PM
Heard this from a member over at Affinity Sims what has happened

I am sorry for the lose of a great Simmer..

Prayers go out to her and her family..

ViCato
4th Sep 2014, 7:13 PM
Rip i never really knew you but i send my condolences to your family

sunnyside83
4th Sep 2014, 7:18 PM
This news is very sad to hear. I never spoke to Mootilda or anything, since I lurk on forums a lot more than I post. However whenever I was looking for answers to questions or dealing with issues I having with my game I always found her posts helpful. She seemed like a great person. Condolences to her family and friends.

CatRose
4th Sep 2014, 7:25 PM
My condolences, may she be in a better place with no pain.

Frenchie
4th Sep 2014, 7:30 PM
My condolences. I haven't interacted with her much, but I remember seeing many of her posts, and hearing about her a lot. RIP.

Nouk
4th Sep 2014, 7:32 PM
That's so terrible... she was always around, helping people out, she was brilliant and kind to people. I didn't know her very well, but she was definitely one of the people you just *know* about if you're in the Sims 2 community, because she was such a huge contributor. RIP Mootilda.

Jawusa
4th Sep 2014, 7:38 PM
Such sad news :(
She was a really nice person.
RIP Mootilda, we will miss you!
And we won't forget how helpful you were.

Alawren
4th Sep 2014, 7:39 PM
My thoughts and prayers go out to her family. And thank you Mootilda for all your wonderful contributions, may you RIP.

Kumulus
4th Sep 2014, 7:44 PM
Bad news. I have always associated her funny avatar with the Sims 2. My condolences to her family and her loved ones

Ferguson Avenue
4th Sep 2014, 7:47 PM
The loss of such a talented, kind-hearted and caring member of this community is a great loss. My condolences go to those who knew her and loved her in real life as well as those who were close to her in our community. It's times such as this that make you realise just how fragile a thing life is, and how lucky we all are to have known her or witnessed her talents within the community. I'm sure her memory and creations will live on and demonstrate just how wonderful a person and creator she was. As a community I think it would be nice if we could find a way to properly commemorate her.

4th Sep 2014, 7:59 PM
I haven't been very active over the years, so I don't remember many members here. Mootilda however was one of those that I will always remember as kind and level headed and helpful.

RIP.

hungryhippo
4th Sep 2014, 8:05 PM
This sank my heart upon reading it on the front page
Condolences to her family and friends and may she RIP

fanseelamb
4th Sep 2014, 8:25 PM
How terribly sad and shocking. RIP, Mootilda. You were an amazing person who will be missed. :(

Enjoji
4th Sep 2014, 8:29 PM
I didn't know Mootilda personally, but I did use some of her mods and saw her around the forums on occasion.... this is such sad, sad news; my deepest condolences go to her family and friends, and to all of those here on MTS who did know her on a personal level.. My thoughts and prayers are with you all at this terribly sad time... RIP Mootilda :(

jssimone
4th Sep 2014, 8:34 PM
This breaks my heart. I will never forget how Mootilda went above and beyond to help me out with a custom hood a year or so ago, she was so kind and full of helpful advice.
Mootilda was a class act and I will miss her contributions tremendously.

RIP Mootilda, you made this particular lurker feel very accepted and I will miss knowing you are out there somewhere.

siletka
4th Sep 2014, 8:38 PM
Oh, no. This is awful. She was always so helpful and kind to everyone.

My condolences go out to her family. Rest in peace, dear.

FranH
4th Sep 2014, 8:42 PM
This is indeed very sad, and shocking. I have so many things by her in my game, and outside. She was a superb technical creator, and always very generous and helpful to everyone.

I don't think I ever saw her post anything mean or hurtful. She was a wonderful person, woman and simmer. I'm genuinely sad to know that we have lost a leading light in the community.

She will be missed so terribly much by many more people than she ever knew who loved her and her work.

I'm personally very grieved to hear of her death.

ani_
4th Sep 2014, 8:43 PM
This is very sad :(

Sparklypotato
4th Sep 2014, 8:43 PM
That's truly terrible news. She seemed such a wonderful person.

My thoughts are with her family and friends.

gagafanu
4th Sep 2014, 8:44 PM
RIP Mootida. Thank you for your amazingness

InsaneVane
4th Sep 2014, 8:49 PM
RIP Mootilda. I hope the hay is sweet and the water cool in the big cowshed in the sky.

SimBeatle1979
4th Sep 2014, 9:07 PM
I'm both shocked and saddened by this news. Mootilda was an integral part of the Sims community. She will be missed by all of us here at MTS. Shall I download one of her creations in her memory? :( :cry:

imarock79
4th Sep 2014, 9:37 PM
So sad. Prayers for her family.

Miss Shao Huan
4th Sep 2014, 10:04 PM
Rest in peace :(

JDacapo
4th Sep 2014, 10:15 PM
Didn't know her, and I think she only responded to a couple of my posts, but wow. I didn't even know she had cancer. My condolences to her family.

Pixelhate
4th Sep 2014, 10:16 PM
Be well, now, wherever you are, Mootilda.

Betsy Marie D'Sastre
4th Sep 2014, 10:18 PM
I can't believe this. She was so lovely and nice to everybody... Great loss for the world. Rest in peace

shmovese
4th Sep 2014, 10:23 PM
hearing this news makes me really sad. i hope that her family gets well soon ... hopefully everyone concerned had a chance to prepare for that. (or to some extend?)
reading that so many people are touched makes me realize what a nice place MTS is. i easily forget that there are people behind these avatars with a real-life going on (since i am so buzy with mine and that extra virtual life on top). apparently many hearty, supportive persons as members, creators, moderators, site helpers...and whatsoever here. thats good to know. simply wanted to mention that

Yenkas
4th Sep 2014, 10:28 PM
I have never talked to her or known her personally, sadly. However that doesn't deny the fact that she was a very nice member of the community, and I did see how much she helped people. She seemed very kind. I'm sad to hear that cancer has won the battle in the end, but I'm glad her passing was a moment of peace, and not one of fighting. I wish her family and her friends, and all those who knew her too my condoleances and a lot of strength and love; having (had) family members with cancer myself I can relate, a little. Mootilda will be missed.

maybesomethingdunno
4th Sep 2014, 10:36 PM
Aw. This is very sad, but at least she is no longer in pain and her passing was a peaceful one. :(

She was a highly knowledgeable individual who will be greatly missed. Many prayers to her family and loved ones in this time.

Menaceman44
4th Sep 2014, 10:39 PM
What a shock to read this.
R.I.P. Mootilda. You will be missed.

sailfindragon
4th Sep 2014, 10:40 PM
Very sad to hear.

Thoughts are with her family. R.I.P

shastakiss
4th Sep 2014, 10:45 PM
I'm very sorry to hear about Mootilda's passing and I hope her family and friends find some comfort in knowing what a valuable difference she made in the community.

zebaroth
4th Sep 2014, 10:53 PM
good bye we will miss you RIP

Duine
4th Sep 2014, 10:53 PM
I've never been a forum type of person, but the people here have made me feel comfortable. I've always loved Moo's Mews mini Community Lots and they are greatly used in my game, even keeping her business titles on them. She was always very friendly and helpful to the community. I wish her family well in a time of sadness.

pizza
4th Sep 2014, 11:05 PM
This is terribly sad. :( Rest in peace Mootilda :( I never had the pleasure of speaking to her. But I always recognised her by her cute cow icon. Her creations have always changed my gameplay for the better. She was a very, very talented person and clearly a very loved member of the community. I hope you are in a better place and that you are no longer suffering. My prayers and condolences are with your family <3

kluluplay
4th Sep 2014, 11:26 PM
My condolences to her family and friends. I didn't know her personally, but her presence here was part of what makes the site wonderful. With her talents she contributed to the balance of happiness and community in the world while she was here. Peace.

gazania
4th Sep 2014, 11:31 PM
I'm so, so sorry to read of this news. I will sorely miss her.

My condolences to her loved ones.

KupoCyGirl
4th Sep 2014, 11:46 PM
This feels sad, I never experienced someone dying withing a community that I like :( I never knew her but may she rest in peace.

queziacristina
4th Sep 2014, 11:58 PM
Sorry to hear about this...I didn't know her, but I'm sure she was adorable and loved by everyone. Rest in peace, Mootilda.

simkat
5th Sep 2014, 12:11 AM
So sad too hear this,she was one of my favorite creators.May you Rest In Peace with the angels Mootilda.

tylersada
5th Sep 2014, 12:34 AM
My most heartfelt condolences to her family. She had wonderful mods and contributed greatly to the community.

Sortyero29
5th Sep 2014, 12:37 AM
Although I never knew Mootilda, this saddens me the same way as losing a soldier or firefighter I never knew. We are all part of a family, and the loss of one of our own is always heartfelt. I can only respond the same as I would in my firefighter family.....

Rest in Peace sister, we'll meet you on the top floor. Condolences and prayers go out to your friends and loved ones.

Luckk
5th Sep 2014, 12:50 AM
Rest Easy, Mootilda and thank you for everything.
And thank you Delphy for the announcement and kind words.

Quatchi
5th Sep 2014, 12:50 AM
In real life Mootilda was my wife. We had known this was coming and we had some time to prepare for it, but it was very sudden when it happened.

Every day when I came home Mootilda would tell me about her day, and all the people she had helped, the interesting problems that she was working on, the discoveries she had made about how the game worked, or some new creation she had made from the tools she had created. This community made her so happy and brought her so much joy. I can't thank everyone enough for helping to give her life purpose.

Before joining the MTS community Mootilda had worked for a computer science research group at a university, then went on to work for Microsoft on Visual Studio, and then into Microsoft's pure research division where she studied techniques for how to make software completely without bugs. Producing high quality programs was always one of her greatest passions in life and I think it showed in everything she did. When she was no longer able to work she turned that passion on the problems in the sims. She was one of the smartest people you will ever meet, and all she wanted to do was to share what she knew with everyone.

I can't say enough good things about my wife. This outpouring of support from everyone has made me cry. I knew how many people she has touched over the years but to see it like this is overwhelming. I loved her dearly, and like everyone else here I will miss her.

Sterling_Archer
5th Sep 2014, 1:13 AM
Rest in Peace, Mootilda. You'll be missed by everybody

LilSister
5th Sep 2014, 1:26 AM
Quatchi, I am truly sorry for your loss. Rest in peace Mootilda. You are missed. You were such a great blessing and help to so many of us. I learned so much from you and you were always very patient and kind. The thought of you not being here is just too much ... Quatchi, I pray for your peace of mind and comfort for your heart and spirit. May her love for you and your love for her surround you like a shield.

Zarathustra
5th Sep 2014, 1:32 AM
Requiescat in pace, Mootilda. The MTS community will miss your words of advice and your willingness to jump in and help, no matter what problem someone was having with their pixellated world, and the friendly face you presented to even the newest member. Thank you.

Kalphoenix
5th Sep 2014, 1:53 AM
In real life Mootilda was my wife. We had known this was coming and we had some time to prepare for it, but it was very sudden when it happened.

Thank you for sharing a bit of her life with us. I knew of her work (some of her Sims 2 mods were the first content I downloaded after my return to the Sims 2) but never spoke with her personally. My love for you and yours during this difficult time, and all those people affected by her passing.

I am only a longterm lurker, but I know she left a huge, positive mark on the Sims community and everyone was so fortunate to have shared her presence.

esmeiolanthe
5th Sep 2014, 2:05 AM
Quatchi, I am very sorry for your loss. Mootilda was a really nice person who was able to explain things in a way that made them make sense, and she created many helpful programs that make the simming experience a better one. I didn't interact with her much, but I enjoyed the interactions we did have, and I'll miss her.

KittyPirate95
5th Sep 2014, 2:11 AM
Wow, that really is heartbreaking news. My condolences to Quatchi and their family, and thank you for sharing with us.

In all honesty, I never knew her. I knew and used a few of her creations, and I always recognized her simply because she had the most adorable avatar on the site.
Kinda makes me realize how a lot of people (myself included) take creators and modders, people who work hard and passionately, for granted. Sure, we click a green "Thank You!" button, but that seems like so little...

Rest in peace, Mootlida. You'll be missed.

BL00DIEDHELL
5th Sep 2014, 2:14 AM
Oh my God.

I'm so very, very sorry for your loss. I can only offer my dearest condolences to you, and the rest of her loved ones, and hope that she is now at peace.

EK_Painkiller
5th Sep 2014, 2:23 AM
I am so sorry, My condolences for your loss, Godspeed and smile for she is now at peace, She fought as long as she could, and it was a damn good one.

heaven
5th Sep 2014, 3:02 AM
Quatchi, I am very sorry for your loss and the loss that your families and friends must be feeling.

I did not know Mootilda personally. I knew of her work and knew how integral she was to a lot of different mods for TS2. I trusted her work and, if I saw her name on something, I had confidence in it whether it be download, help, etc. It's been many years since I played TS2 but I still fondly remember, most specifically, the lot adjuster. She will be missed here, one among many places I am sure.

Orchid
5th Sep 2014, 3:12 AM
I have no words. I remember when I saw her avatar for the first time in here, it made me laugh, it’s so sweet. I didn't know her, but I read her threads and contributions and I can see how much appreciated she was.
Her pain is gone now.
My condolences for her family and friends.
Rest in Peace.

Averex
5th Sep 2014, 3:50 AM
Rest in Peace, Mootilda. :cry:

angiesupers
5th Sep 2014, 4:25 AM
Mootilda -RIP. My condolences to the family.

She was a kind person, always very patience with I was new to the site. Maybe start a Moo award on the site in remembrances

PANDAQUEEN
5th Sep 2014, 4:37 AM
So...She has made Final Ascension.

Although I didn't know her well, I must do my duty as the Scion of the Rainbow Heart (A title I earn when my father's mother died of Parkinson's) to pay my final respects to those who have fallen due to old age, disease, accident or suicide. You will be remembered, Mootilda.

My Condolences, Quatchi to you and yours in this time.

Rest in Peace, Mootilda. You never need to suffer anymore.

idgafstud
5th Sep 2014, 4:48 AM
Rest in peace Mootilda, no more suffering. My prayers are with your family and loved ones.

Deatherella
5th Sep 2014, 5:27 AM
This is sad news indeed.
I will miss your helpful advice found here, your mods, your presence in the Sims community, Mootilda.

poundingheart
5th Sep 2014, 5:56 AM
RIP Mootilda. Condolences to her family and friends

xiaoyun
5th Sep 2014, 6:00 AM
http://www.circleyacres.com/forums/images/smilies/candle.gif
rest in peace :cry:

Rapunzel_
5th Sep 2014, 6:11 AM
R.I.P Mootilda.
Massive condolences to her family and friends. I can't imagine what they must be feeling right now.
You will be missed so much.

LikieSimmy203
5th Sep 2014, 6:31 AM
Never got the chance to get to know anyone on here but there's a lot of passion and creativity towards the content uploaded here. It's all from the heart and I loved all of Mootilda's content. Wherever her spirit stays now, she's not in pain anymore and can live on happily. I'm sorry for the loss.

Justpetro
5th Sep 2014, 7:39 AM
Rest in peace. I have appreciated her and always will, her community lots have been a feature of my hoods for a long time, and always will be - and I am sad that I did not really know her or actually talked to her on this forum. I am sure she is a huge loss to all of us, but even a huger loss to her family and friends. You are in my thoughts.

Mehrlicht
5th Sep 2014, 8:59 AM
How awfully sad! I didn't know Mootilda, but I remember very well how active , creative, helpful she was just after the release of Sims 2. There was not yet any cc and she was always here to help in the long discussions about modding the game.

I am just adding my sadness, thoughts and prayers to yours, dear fellow simmers. Sincerest condoleances to her family, especially to you, Quatchi.

jlkeal
5th Sep 2014, 9:02 AM
So very, very sorry to hear that. Condolences to her loved ones.

DigitalSympathies
5th Sep 2014, 9:47 AM
She helped me numerous times and developed an entirely new theory on how to save my neighbourhood back from corruption which I still use to this day. She was always so frank and kind. I'll miss her. RIP.

putowtin
5th Sep 2014, 11:05 AM
an amazing person taken too soon.

Light, love & peace Mootilda

ZenGarden
5th Sep 2014, 11:12 AM
I can't believe she's gone, it makes me really sad to hear, R.I.P

gazania
5th Sep 2014, 11:44 AM
Quatchi, thank you for telling us a little about her. From her work here and her posts, it was clear that she was extremely intelligent, but she never acted smug or superior. On the contrary, she was patient and kind.

Yes, indeed. She was an amazing person, as so many others have also written.

Termiantor10007
5th Sep 2014, 11:54 AM
Requiescat in pace

tanoka
5th Sep 2014, 12:08 PM
Awful news. I can't believe Mootilda is gone. She was a wonderful person, always polite and helpful, who knew the game inside out. I never spoke to her myself but I read many of her posts. I now regret not having told her how much I appreciated her advice and everything she uploaded. My heart goes out to her loved ones: I cannot even begin to grasp how they must be feeling. Mootilda will be deeply missed. May she rest in peace.

topp
5th Sep 2014, 12:53 PM
This is devastating. She has been an amazing person who brought numerous contributions to the community. My heart goes out to Mootilda's family and friends.

Rest in peace, Mootilda. You will be missed. :(

muridae
5th Sep 2014, 1:30 PM
Quatchi, I'm so sorry for your loss.

I've always been more of a lurker and builder than a player, but any time my account here got purged for inactivity Mootilda's would always be the first creator page I re-favourited, for all the cool utilities she gave us to play with. When I came back from a break from the game there'd often be something new and marvellous to explore, and her discussions of how to overcome some of its quirks were always fascinating and constructive to read.

Her love for the game shone through, and I'm glad for whatever comfort and distraction and joy it was able to give her.

She'll be much missed. RIP Mootilda.

ThatShinyKittyKat
5th Sep 2014, 1:50 PM
R.I.P Mootilda...May you forever be connected in our hearts.

Acadia
5th Sep 2014, 2:40 PM
I think I will never forget Mootildas avatar for some reason, that feels like part of mod the sims community :) She must have been one of those far too rare talented people who use their talent to create fun and good time, and I truly feel sorry for the loss. Rest in peace Mootilda, and thank you for everything you gave us while you still were here. We were so lucky to have her. (Condolences Quatchi and sorry for seemingly cold tone of my post, I'm clumsy expressing my feelings in any language especially english.)

jimma
5th Sep 2014, 2:44 PM
Very sad news and I don't know what to say. Any time I saw Mootilda's avitar I'd make a point to read it. You would know you were going to learn something. Condolences to you Quatchi and to all her family and friends. Condolences to all the Sims comunity too. You will be sorely missed Mootilda.

silentlibby
5th Sep 2014, 2:56 PM
Today I have very sad news to share with you all - one of our long term members, Mootilda, had been ill with cancer for some time. On Monday 1st September she was admitted to hospital and died peacefully on Tuesday morning. This announcement post gives us the opportunity to share our condolences with her family and to remember her for all the great mods she made for us, and more importantly, to remember her for her great character and her kindness in helping others.

Mootilda was a highly respected member of the community and could frequently be found helping out in modding discussions and help forums. She was an accomplished programmer who loved to share her knowledge with others as well as being a site helper here on MTS for a number of years, and contributed extensively to the site and the community.

Mootilda - we will miss you, rest in peace.

Such sad news :(

Cancer is an indiscriminate beast. My condolences to her family.

Arisuka
5th Sep 2014, 3:16 PM
Mootilda was one of The Greats of simming community, who was involved for such a long time with this game series and this community. Her presence, impact and influence around the community was large and irreplaceable... And like others have said, she was such a genuinely kind-hearted, utterly lovely and sweet person.

She will always be remembered very fondly by this community, and as one of The Greats of Simming!

IrishA03
5th Sep 2014, 3:53 PM
Oh my gosh..while I never knew her, she had great creations and she seemed nice. Rest in Peace.

Charmful
5th Sep 2014, 3:56 PM
This is very devastating news - she was a staple of the sims 2 discussion board, she was so very helpful, patient, and responsive and had such good insight. Even if some things she posted I disagreed with, I still respected the tar out of her. I will miss her contributions greatly :(

littlejestersims
5th Sep 2014, 3:56 PM
So sorry to hear this, she was a very talented individual. Many condolences to her family and friends.

VerDeTerre
5th Sep 2014, 4:04 PM
This is very sad. Mootilda will be missed.

danny_power
5th Sep 2014, 4:09 PM
This is a very bad news!
I didn't know her and I didn't know of her illness, but I know that she was a very important part of ModTheSims: Mootilda was one of the best creators of mods (especially programs and utilities) and many modders must thank her for the valuable help she gave.
My deepest condolences to the family and may God protect her in the kingdom of heaven.

triciamanly
5th Sep 2014, 4:10 PM
To Mootilda's family, may you be comforted by the love you see here for her. I will remember her every time I play Sims2 which is everyday because she added so much to the game just out of the goodness of her heart. She shared her wonderful talent with all of us and will be sorely missed.

Lord St.Croix
5th Sep 2014, 4:12 PM
RIP Mootilda

ferferga
5th Sep 2014, 4:15 PM
Sorry for her family and loved people! This is a really sad new.

You will be missed for everybody, Mootilda.

I don't know MooTilda very well as now. I only see the times when she help somebody and share a download. But, yes, like everybody say, is very sad. A lot of condolences to her family and goodbye to a talent modder.

Nina333
5th Sep 2014, 4:46 PM
I would also like to add my condolences. Mootilda was such a comforting presence on MTS. She will be sorely missed but her legacy will live on. May you rest in peace fellow simmer.

CircusWolf
5th Sep 2014, 6:18 PM
Oh My goodess!! I feel so bad because she was so kind and helpful and now she's gone... My condolences and thoughts for her family.

Stplaz
5th Sep 2014, 6:46 PM
This is so sad to hear.

My thoughts and prayers go out to Quatchi and the rest of Mootilda's family.

porkypine
5th Sep 2014, 7:30 PM
Oh! Mootilda! We will miss you!

ilikefishfood
5th Sep 2014, 7:34 PM
What devastating news. I'm so very sorry to hear. Mootilda was as you say, not only a talented modder, but also a wonderfully kind person. She spent so much time helping others, and for that she will be remembered even more. A generous spirit. R.I.P. Mootilda.

lisfyre
5th Sep 2014, 8:03 PM
How sad. Mootilda helped me out when I first joined the community here at MTS... when I was a noob playing TS2 and didn't know what I was doing. She will be missed. Condolences to her family and friends that have been left behind. Rest in Peace Mootilda and may you walk with the angels.

mustluvcatz
5th Sep 2014, 8:13 PM
RIP Mootilda. *hugs* to Quatchi and the rest of her family and friends.

/me just knows Mootilda's up there writing programs to make everything run faster, smoother and better

edejan
5th Sep 2014, 8:15 PM
OMG...Mootilda has been a vivid presence here as long as I've been a member. She was one of the small number of almost legendary creators and was so generous with her work. There are many stars on MTS who make the game playable and more enjoyable for the rest of us. Mootilda needs to have a permanent "star" on the MTS Walk of Fame. RIP and condolences to her family and friends.

Frankeee
5th Sep 2014, 8:37 PM
I'm not a very vocal or contributing member, but I loved Mootilda's Mods and she made some really cool lots.
She'll be sorely missed.
In Peace, Rest, Mootilda :)

raxor34
5th Sep 2014, 8:37 PM
Honestly, I don't know Mootilda that much. In fact, I heard this name firstly here. But I can see she was a respected person around here. Rest in peace, Mootilda. You will be missed.

Yoshiiteza
5th Sep 2014, 8:39 PM
This is so sad :(

Pikawai
5th Sep 2014, 8:43 PM
Rest in peace Mootilda, I used many of your mods and I'm sorry I didn't get the chance to say how helpful you were. Thank you so much for everything and hopefully you're no longer in pain.

Sorry for your loss Quatchi, your wife's memory will forever lives on thanks to her work/posts and the continuous help it will bring to the community.

erfadk
5th Sep 2014, 9:21 PM
My condolences to her family

telefen
5th Sep 2014, 9:26 PM
This is very sad.i didn't know her personally ,but she was very talented in many ways and helpfull when one needed help. My condolencess to her family.

homerettethefirst
5th Sep 2014, 9:53 PM
My condolences to her friends and family. May she rest in peace.

dugong
5th Sep 2014, 10:04 PM
That's so sad. RIP.

Amalia81
5th Sep 2014, 10:24 PM
Rest in peace, Mootilda. You will surely be missed by all. :cry:

Pideli
5th Sep 2014, 10:35 PM
Oh my god! I am shocked ... I love her mods and she helped me a couple of times ... I didn't know her but my thoughts go out to the family, it must be so devastating for them. I hate cancer. I lost my grandmother in cancer. Cancer doesn't care who you are. We must defeat it.

May I ask, what kind of cancer was it?

fakepeeps7
5th Sep 2014, 10:38 PM
We will miss you, Mootilda!

Joselle
5th Sep 2014, 10:58 PM
Although I was nervous to ask things, Mootilda helped me a few times, each time being kind and courteous. May she rest with God now, and may her family be comforted and healed.

Gread96
5th Sep 2014, 11:30 PM
My respects and condolences. Loved her mods and houses. RIP.

tear_bear
5th Sep 2014, 11:31 PM
I don't often frequent the boards, or the site until recently, so I unfortunately didn't have the chance to interact with her, but I'm very saddened to hear of her passing. May she rest in peace, and my thoughts are with her friends and family.

Rusty55
5th Sep 2014, 11:34 PM
I never had the privilege to talk with Mootilda but when I first joined MTS I spent a great many lunch breaks at work reading old post and learned a great deal from reading Mootilda's old post. You can read through the forums and see how well liked and respected Mootilda was. It is nice to know that someone as talented as Mootilda will live on in post here at MTS to help many more new simmers out.

I, myself have lost quite a few relatives to cancer. I know that is a very hard and painful road Mootilda and her family traveled. May Mootilda rest in peace and may God be with her family and friends and help them through this great sorrow.

mm21000
5th Sep 2014, 11:41 PM
Rest in peace Mootilda!

Euan
6th Sep 2014, 12:19 AM
My eyes have swollen... she was so kind. RIP Moo x

tsyokawe
6th Sep 2014, 12:19 AM
I'm so sorry. My prayers for her dear friends and family.

XiaXiang001
6th Sep 2014, 12:20 AM
I am moved in my heart with sadness at the loss of Mootilda. I couldn't have played Seasons without her mods! Farewell.

kalynn06
6th Sep 2014, 12:21 AM
What sad news. Deepest condolences to her family.

MistyBlue
6th Sep 2014, 12:32 AM
Oh wow, that's awful...I never really talked to her, but she was always around, being awesome and helpful. Such sad, sad news :(

Astraea Nevermore
6th Sep 2014, 12:41 AM
:( I didn't know her well, but I remember some of her posts here, and her creations were indeed some of the most useful for TS2. I'm so sorry to hear these bad news. My thoughts and prayers to her family and friends, may she rest in peace :(

Focalor
6th Sep 2014, 12:47 AM
I never really knew her, but she seemed like an amazing person. This is very sad news indeed. I hope her family can get through this. May she rest in peace.

klapaucius
6th Sep 2014, 1:35 AM
Such sad news -I am so, so sorry to hear this. My heart goes out to her family and friends. Rest in peace, Mootilda.

HCAC
6th Sep 2014, 1:37 AM
Sorry to hear we lost one of our own. She was a long term member and will be missed.

starblastedmuffin
6th Sep 2014, 1:40 AM
Aww. :( Mootilda, you will be missed.

lorinsv60
6th Sep 2014, 1:42 AM
My heartfelt condolences to Mootilda's family and friends. She was a treasure to this site and to the entire Sims community, and she will be missed.

Deestar
6th Sep 2014, 2:07 AM
Rest in Peace Mootilda, thank you for what you gave to our community. You have been one of the shining lights in this community for a long time and we will miss you. My condolences go out to your family and friends.

ohgreatone22
6th Sep 2014, 2:54 AM
I'm so saddened by this news. The contributions to The Sims 2 she made made the game so much better. Rest In Peace, Mootilda.

Pary
6th Sep 2014, 3:12 AM
I am so very sorry and saddened to read this news. My condolences to her family and loved ones. I didn't know her personally either, but was always grateful for her making my game so much better. May she rest in peace.

Lonelyeco
6th Sep 2014, 3:58 AM
I don't remember coming it contact with her, but I do know some of her mods and they have helped tremendously. I am grateful it was a peaceful transition and I pray strength for her family and anyone who was close to her, amen.

wawayaya
6th Sep 2014, 3:59 AM
My heart goes out to you Quatchi for your loss. I am one of the fortunate who was personally helped by Mootilda, the best, brightest and nicest creator in our community. She will truely be missed.

Kestin
6th Sep 2014, 3:59 AM
Oh...I know her by name and I never talked to her but I'm sure she was great if everyone likes her so much :(

LatinPrincess17
6th Sep 2014, 4:37 AM
Sad to know she left us; I didn't have the pleasure to know her personally, but have downloaded a lot of her creations. Peace to her soul, strength to her family!

Neder
6th Sep 2014, 4:37 AM
Whenever I saw that Cow Avatar, I knew that it would be framing comments that were smart, helpful, supportive or all three. She was a great boon to the Community with both her technical expertise and her sharing nature. She will be missed by many.
Condolences to those who knew her best.

TheJessaChannel
6th Sep 2014, 5:14 AM
I am deeply saddened by this. I am really sorry to hear this. :-(

Very sad.

FennecFox
6th Sep 2014, 5:32 AM
I'm so so sad to read this news. I didn't know Mootilda personally, but read many of her posts and she was always courteous and extremely helpful. My thoughts are going out to her friends and family. Rest in peace, Mootilda, you will be dearly missed.

Quatchi
6th Sep 2014, 5:34 AM
May I ask, what kind of cancer was it?

Mootilda had breast cancer. From there it had spread to her bones and then later to her lungs. At the end it had spread extensively to her brain although we had no indications that it was happening until just this week. Cancer is such a nasty disease. Once it starts to spread it spreads everywhere no matter how hard you fight. Mootilda fought hard and never gave up hope that she could keep going right up to the end.

Harry01
6th Sep 2014, 5:59 AM
So sorry to hear that sad news. Her avatar was very recognizable and I related it/her with very helpfu tips, tricks and mods. Cancer is a nasty thing. Condolences to her relatives and friends. Good bye, Mootilda, RIP.

lewisb40
6th Sep 2014, 6:54 AM
Aww man! I found out on Simsecret, how did I miss this post? I am so sorrowful now. My heartfelt sympathies to her family and friends. Praying for the peace they can find in their own ways of worship, fellowship, togetherness. She will be missed by me.

When I first came to MTS, she was one of the modders here that helped me understand downloading and file manipulation. Forever grateful for her kind help. OMG, my heart is broken. :cry:

mamaofthree36
6th Sep 2014, 7:01 AM
Very sad news. My sympathy goes out to her family.

Alma70
6th Sep 2014, 7:52 AM
Mootilda, you will be missed! <3 I'm so sorry to hear all of this, my condolences to her loved ones! =(

BrEaKsYsTeM
6th Sep 2014, 7:56 AM
Rest in Peace Mootilda. Say hello to my mother for me.

pickles260
6th Sep 2014, 8:07 AM
My condolences and prayers to her family and friends. I didn't know her very well, but what I did know was that she was a kind person and a wonderful creator. ♥

LingTina
6th Sep 2014, 8:14 AM
Condolences and prayers for her loved ones. She really was an excellent creator and helper in the community. We'll miss you, Mootilda!

M.M.A.A.
6th Sep 2014, 8:54 AM
I just found out about this through the sims community on tumblr. This is very hard to process! She was a great mentor and creator for the sims community.

I'm so sorry for her family; my condolences go to them as well as her friends.

RIP Mootilda. :(

farna
6th Sep 2014, 9:24 AM
Deepest condolences. I have enjoyed having her creations in my game. Rest in peace.

Saturnfly
6th Sep 2014, 9:27 AM
Just found this on Tumblr. My condolences to her family, what a terrible thing to happen, we have lost an amazing and talented person from our community. So sad. :(

Soapsim1
6th Sep 2014, 9:57 AM
Oh no, how sad. I didn't know her that well but she has been kind enough to help me several times. My condolences to her family.

LiberLibélula
6th Sep 2014, 10:13 AM
This is so sad... I never knew her but for the tools she made. But somebody with such patience, dedication and will to help others surely was a wonderful person in real life. I'm so sorry ):

Slig
6th Sep 2014, 10:37 AM
Mootilda

Sorry for your loss, Quatchi. Mootilda was awesome and she'll be sorely missed.

Zen1016
6th Sep 2014, 10:41 AM
Rest in peace Mootilda

Tarlia
6th Sep 2014, 10:44 AM
My deepest condolences. I had the pleasure of testing Mootilda's HoodChecker while it was still in development. She seemed like such a helpful, kind and knowledgeable person.

Aquarium
6th Sep 2014, 10:53 AM
Deepest sympathy to her family. I'm grateful for her great mods and was shocked to hear this. May she rest in peace. The MTS community will forever remember her.

celebkiriedhel
6th Sep 2014, 10:54 AM
I'm saddened to hear this. My condolences to Mootilda's family and friends. A truly lovely and respected member of the Sims Community - she was a light of helpfulness and kindness.

AmazingSims
6th Sep 2014, 11:25 AM
My condolences to her family and friends.

Romana_II
6th Sep 2014, 11:45 AM
I only just found out about this on tumblr.

I still can't believe this. I'm a bit of a lurker so I never spoke to her myself but I would always recognize her cute avatar. It's so sad I'm never going to see her posting in the Sims 2 section again. She was always so kind and helpful. I'll miss her. :(

scoopy_loopy
6th Sep 2014, 11:47 AM
:( :( :( RIP! Thankyou for all you gave to the community.

Don Babilon
6th Sep 2014, 12:06 PM
This is horrible news and it makes me very sad, even though I hardly knew her.

I've lost both of my parents to cancer recently, and it was this feeling of utter powerlessness that is still among the hardest to swallow.

My condolences to her family and everyone who knew her in person.

This is what Seneca had to say on the matter of friendship:
Si vis amari ama!
If you want to be loved, love!

lechapeau
6th Sep 2014, 12:11 PM
I am genuinely saddened by this news. My heartfelt condolences to you Quatchi, and to all of your family and friends for your loss.
Mootilda was amazing, a truly kind and helpful person. As some have already said, you could trust anything she told you, and her topics and posts were interesting and relevant, while she always remained patient and approachable. Her mods and programs made huge changes to the way we are able to build and edit lots, her work with neighbourhoods, solving some of the oddities concerning them, making them more easily shareable and, more importantly SAFE, have been up there with the very best the Sims 2 community has ever had to offer.
She helped and encouraged me so much with recreating my custom neighbourhoods, she made herself available and put up with my probably stupid questions. I wouldn't, and couldn't, have done it without her. I am honoured and pleased to have known her, even in such a small way, and grateful to have had her as part of my simming experience.
Eternal respect, sleep peacefully and thank you forever Mootilda, from the bottom of my heart. xx

simmer22
6th Sep 2014, 12:30 PM
This is really sad news. Mootilda will be sorely missed by the community, for all her wonderful contributions.
My thoughts are with her and her family.

neonhorn22
6th Sep 2014, 12:47 PM
How very sad. I know I have many of her mods in my downloads folder and my game wouldn't be as well-rounded without them. You will be missed greatly, Mootlida. R.I.P. Many condolensces to her family and friends.

PenelopeT
6th Sep 2014, 12:52 PM
Such sad news. My deepest condolences to her loved ones.

Dizzy-noodles
6th Sep 2014, 12:56 PM
Oh no, how awful! I'm so sad to hear this, Mootilda has helped me many times. She sent me a virtual hug when I was feeling down, and I felt like I knew her, and that we were friends. She has helped so many people on this site, and been so kind to everyone, she will be sorely missed. If any of her family are reading this, I would like to offer my heartfelt sympathies, and to let them know that many of us are thinking of them in this difficult time <3 xxx

s00
6th Sep 2014, 1:08 PM
RIP Mootilda, she was a treasure of our community and will be missed. My condolences to her family and friends. Thank you for letting us know what had happened, it was a very kind thing to do.

~MadameButterfly~
6th Sep 2014, 1:24 PM
Thank-you for everything you have given to us Mootilda...your time, your effort, your talent, your personality. Know that we love you as you begin the next leg of your journey.

tallyb
6th Sep 2014, 2:11 PM
That so sad. I didn't know Mootilda particularity well, but I always noticed how kind and helpful she was, and she contributed so much to the simming community with her brilliant mods. RIP Mootilda, you will be very much missed. My sincerest condolences to your family.

keef1973
6th Sep 2014, 2:49 PM
Such sad news, my thoughts and prayers to all her family and friends. Thank you for all the programmes help and support given to myself and the simming community. God bless.

Sandy2Simmer
6th Sep 2014, 3:30 PM
I am deeply saddened to hear this morning that Mootilda is no longer with us. My heartfelt condolences to family and friends. Rest in peace Mootilda.

omglo
6th Sep 2014, 3:41 PM
How awful. My condolences to her family.

bubbajoe62
6th Sep 2014, 3:49 PM
Rest in peace, Mootilda. Mootilda's family, if you ever read this, her works brought me so much pleasure, awe, and amazement. I miss her presence a lot.

frenchyxo22
6th Sep 2014, 4:08 PM
RIP Mootilda prayers for your family

Dagi_is_a_punk
6th Sep 2014, 4:13 PM
I never thought I could feel this sad about the passing of a person I've never even met, but here I am... :( Mootilda was an integral part of this community, a greatly talented programmer, always respectful and eager to help us noobs with our game and computer issues.This place just won't feel the same without her.

My sincere condolences to family and friends.

Psychosim
6th Sep 2014, 4:40 PM
I just heard about this, such sad news! Her creations broadened the horizon of what we could do with the game, I will always remember her everytime I use one of her tools. She wouldn't have that special place in my simmer heart for her knowledge alone, though, it was her patience and niceness to everyone that made her personality stand out. Mootilda made this community a better place. I will miss seeing her around. :( Goodbye, Mootilda!

My condolences to Quatchi and her family!

Cleos
6th Sep 2014, 4:52 PM
This is so sad! My heart goes out to her family and the ones close to her. Rest in Peace.

Peni Griffin
6th Sep 2014, 4:52 PM
I never come to this part of the forum so I didn't know this, though I knew she had Health Crap. I just found out on tumblr. Waaaaah!

There needs to be a Mootilda Memorial Prize for modding or a contest or something. So much of what we can do, and know not to do, and know how to fix, is down to her constant patient parsing of the code.

Qnshr5
6th Sep 2014, 6:14 PM
How we're remembered--if we were loving, kind, generous, patient--is a greater measure of our success than the milestones of human achievement we accomplish. Mootilda impacted people around the world and gave to those she would never meet in person. From the outpouring on this site, her life was well lived and successful. Her life, not so much her death, will always be remembered.

Ginnie
6th Sep 2014, 6:54 PM
I am so sorry to hear about this. I will post it in my updates. RIP, dear one. Ginnie

jaylin43
6th Sep 2014, 7:25 PM
My condolences to her family My The Lord always keep her safe. He has brought home yet another angle..to watch over us all..May her peace be everlasting.....she will be missed..

London Kirkland-Bonnefoy
6th Sep 2014, 7:28 PM
This is sad news. I hope she rests in peace

Flarz
6th Sep 2014, 7:46 PM
Oh man how sad, she was truly a wonderful woman R.I.P. :-(

LeilaAisha
6th Sep 2014, 7:46 PM
Even though I never had a personal chat with her, she was one of those creators who made my game worth playing.
Rest in peace, Mootilda.
My deepest condolences to her family and friends.

Sheldrake
6th Sep 2014, 7:47 PM
Oh my goodness...I only talked with Mootilda a handful of times through the chat room, but I know she was a rock in this community. My thoughts are with her family and friends.

DezzyDoesThings
6th Sep 2014, 8:02 PM
Oh my God...I will pray for her family...

sdindc
6th Sep 2014, 8:28 PM
This year I was one of the lucky ones and successfully completed my own cancer treatment. I will never view life the same way again; each moment of life is precious! My thoughts and prayers are with her family. She will be long remembered and missed.

Ameh
6th Sep 2014, 8:33 PM
What devastating news! :( RIP Mootilda, my thoughts are with your friends and family at this difficult time.

fruitsymphony
6th Sep 2014, 8:37 PM
I would like to add my condolences too, to her family and the community. I did not know her, but I was sad when I heard that she had died. She was so nice and helpful.

UnicornTheDinosaur
6th Sep 2014, 8:41 PM
Oh my goodness, this is awful :c

I've been a lurker for a while, only have ever posted a bit, but I've always seen Moo around being awesome and nice. She gave great contributions to this community. Rest in peace, Moo, and condolences to her family.

hatabear
6th Sep 2014, 8:49 PM
R.I.P Mootilda. My prayers to her friends and her family.

Prettyweed870
6th Sep 2014, 9:06 PM
So very hard to hear this. I will keep her family and friends in my thoughts and prayers. She will truly be missed by many.

LadySilverwolf
6th Sep 2014, 9:09 PM
Rest in Peace, Mootilda.

It has already been said many times in this thread, but she was a 'huge' impact on this community and made the game so much more enjoyable for those of us who are still playing the sims. Her expertise, her kindness, and her generosity can be seen everywhere, so that new folks like myself, were able to start 'gaming' with ease and flourish because of her mods, because of her creativity. I never had the chance to get to know her, but through her mods, advice, and general presence here, felt as if she was a genuinely friendly soul. May she rest in peace, and her family find solace in knowing she will be dearly missed.

Phaenoh
6th Sep 2014, 9:25 PM
Goodbye Mootilda. I'm sorry we will never be able to finish our joint projects. :'( Condolences to the family and all the friends, irl and simmies.

growly beast
6th Sep 2014, 9:30 PM
My mom died just over a year ago from cancer as well. I'm so sorry to all her family and friends. She is in a better place now.

Acadia
6th Sep 2014, 9:44 PM
She'll have her corner in hearts and minds of fellow simmers, and those people who loved her... whether she is in heaven is up to everybodys beliefs and I am not revealing my stand to such because I do not want to offend anybody, but in hearts for sure. I'm one of lurkers who nearly never say anything except to ask for stuff, and mainly just go away after reading or downloading things, but think about this alot and wish there would be some way to memorize her as community, since we can't light float of candles anywhere or share silent moment. This thread is the closest.

jadama23
6th Sep 2014, 10:06 PM
It is strange that a person I have never met could have brought such joy into my life through her programs. Her family and friends are in my thoughts, and she is in my heart.

daluved1
6th Sep 2014, 10:16 PM
This is truly heartbreaking. :(

Ladyhawke976
6th Sep 2014, 10:44 PM
There have been many people in my family with cancer over the years. My mother and father, among many others. My grandfather passed from prostate cancer when I was nine. I'm so sorry to hear that Mootilda is now among those that lost the battle.

My deepest sympathy and prayers go out to her family in this time of great sadness. :cry:

thesimsrsi
6th Sep 2014, 11:52 PM
This is very sad to hear :( RIP Mootilda
All my prayers to her family and friends, hope they find the strenght to overcome such a terrible loss

LFact
7th Sep 2014, 12:22 AM
No..... T_T
I loved her Sims 2 lots so much.
May her rest in peace.

sushigal007
7th Sep 2014, 12:22 AM
I'm sorry to hear about this and my thoughts are with her family.

Artimis
7th Sep 2014, 12:28 AM
Oh no, this is very sad news to hear, rest in peace Mootilda, know that you will be sorely missed. My thoughts to her family and friends

Mordecai and Rigby
7th Sep 2014, 12:37 AM
So sad, I've seen people with cancer come and go. Rest in peace Mootilda :(

efolger997
7th Sep 2014, 12:44 AM
So sad to hear of this. I didn't know her too well but she was always kind to me and commented on a journal entry I had a while back. She seemed like a really great person from what I saw. My sympathy goes out to her family and friends.

Portaller
7th Sep 2014, 1:30 AM
Very sad to hear. Mootilda was an amazing Simmer and a wonderful community member. My condolences to her and her loved ones. I wish her much luck in the spirit world.

JadeSky07
7th Sep 2014, 2:01 AM
My condolences to her family and loved ones. I'll keep them in my prayers. I did not know her, but the news is sad to hear. Rest In Peace.

Nonni
7th Sep 2014, 2:05 AM
I will remember Mootilda with gladness but I grieve her passing.

OneLessSimmer
7th Sep 2014, 2:13 AM
Nooooo! Oh my god, that's awful, I loved reading Mootilda's replies and posts! She was such a sweetie...R.I.P.

nik407
7th Sep 2014, 2:37 AM
So sorry to hear this my prayers to her family. May her kindness and spirit live on in the memories of all those her life has touched. Love Jordana and Nikki

lainey
7th Sep 2014, 3:03 AM
Rest in peace Mootilda, I have often read your helpful posts. You will be missed.

bakemono
7th Sep 2014, 4:14 AM
I am so sad to hear about this news.
Mootilda's mod and her vast knowledge save my Sims neighborhood. I wouldn't be able to play The Sims 2 ever again if not for her. And I will always use her mods as long as I still play the game, in that she achieves immortality.

Thank you Mootilda for sharing your work with us, I really respect how kind, patient, professional, and knowledgeable you are. Rest in peace, I will miss you and your very cute avatar.

wawa180859
7th Sep 2014, 5:42 AM
Mootilda's Lot Adjustor was the mod that peaked my interest in wanting to do more with the Sims game! It has given me an outlet to battle the inner demons I've been struggling with personally by connecting me to a wonderful community that is rich in kindness and friendship. I am grateful to her for creating all the wonderful mods she gave to us to enhance our gaming experiences. May she inspire the heavens into Simming eternally :P

xsongbird64
7th Sep 2014, 5:44 AM
I didn't know her, but I am sending love to family and friends. May you find comfort and peace during this time. Rest in peace, Mootilda.

Just_Tweens
7th Sep 2014, 6:39 AM
When I read this, i honestly felt like bursting into tears. Every time i read a tutorial on Sims and Mootilda i will not be able to read it without crying now. She has been here for what feels like forever. Now she's gone. My heart goes out to her family and friends.We will miss you Mootilda. Live beyond cloud nine with Quxxn. She was a great example of creators in MTS.

From, Just_Tweens

We will miss you, xoxo

retrotrut
7th Sep 2014, 8:03 AM
Rest in Peace Mootila.
My condolences to her family

carlydunham
7th Sep 2014, 10:03 AM
i have been on this forum 10 years now and she was a awesome lady RIP to her xxxxxxxx

MaAlet
7th Sep 2014, 11:38 AM
My heart goes out to Quatchi and All who loved Mootilda. She will be greatly missed!

bliff_blab
7th Sep 2014, 11:51 AM
I didn't know her, but I can clearly see she was a very talented, creative, respected member of this site and was loved by lots of people, and will be missed, but remembered through her creations and by her support and help she gave to everyone. My prayers go to her family.