View Full Version : Rooting issue

23rd Mar 2014, 9:46 PM
I made a 2 tile object into a one tile, a pet bed.
The pets will place themselves in front of it, but then they will slide a bit to the left to perfom the get into bed interaction.
When they want to get off it, same deal..they will slide back to get into right position before getting out.

My object is centered.

23rd Mar 2014, 9:58 PM
Were you following the method described here (http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=242079)?

23rd Mar 2014, 11:25 PM
Yes, and i even posted :)
Post 18.
though my object keeps improving, my pet now lay down a bit off, but almost in the middle. So it still slide when interacting.

23rd Mar 2014, 11:53 PM
Post your object and I'll take a look at it when I get a chance. :)

24th Mar 2014, 12:03 AM
Thank you very much. This is not a final version object, I wanted to focus on routing first. ;)
You'll notice, I left only one OBJD, along with its corresponding OBJF, and NREF.
I do have a previous version backuped, that still has 2 of each, in case getting rid of them would have made my object unusable. But it changed nothing, the routing issue was there, and is still there in that version.

24th Mar 2014, 2:09 AM
You probably should be keep the two OBJDs---the one that contains "0,0" in its name and the one that contain no numbers at all in its name---as well as the corresponding 2 OBJFs and 2 NREFs.

I'm not certain that is necessarily the problem, but could you post that version please?

24th Mar 2014, 2:44 AM
Well, as i said, I noticed no changes after deleting them. be it improvement, or worst..esstest? :)
The only reason I deleted them, was to try imitating SW's one tile petbed..that i downloaded to be able to peak at, and see why his worked. His had only one OBJD.

24th Mar 2014, 5:34 AM
It doesn't look like you have completed the section where you change the values in the cres.

24th Mar 2014, 6:57 AM
It doesn't look like you have completed the section where you change the values in the cres.

Well actually, i did..but maybe not all the changes have been made. This is what I've posted in the tutorial thread. When i make the changes, then hit commit, it reverts back to 0x000000.
After i test it in game, and re open it in SimPE, it is like no changes have been made. this is mighty annoying.