PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thanks-Clicking!

missroxor
25th Oct 2013, 8:29 AM
http://www.modyourpanties.com/hosting/51363_131024013915HappyThanksClicking_c.jpg

:alarm: Warning: Itís about to get all pink and fluffy up in here! :alarm:

Itís getting to that time of year again where many families and friends come together to stuff their faces with turkey and pretend they enjoy each otherís company remember the things in their life that theyíre thankful for. Well that got us thinking that a lot of us here are very thankful to have a whole bunch of CC creators to make awesome things for our games. Sadly, we donít always remember to say thanks to those creators when weíre too busy making grabby hands at their creations.

So, to say thank-you to all of our lovely creators we thought weíd host our first ever thanks-drive :D Anyone can participate by simply clicking the thanks button on anything they really enjoyed or appreciated. Even if you donít download an item because it doesnít fit your game play style, you can still hit that thanks button and let the creator know if you appreciate their efforts and creativity. Of course, comments and feedback are welcome too.

How to get involved
Simply look up your previous downloads and hit thanks on any that you appreciated. If you donít know where to look for your previous downloads, check out this mini tutorial:

Open your downloads - This takes you to a table which lists every piece of CC youíve ever downloaded from here (unless the file has been removed)

http://www.modyourpanties.com/hosting/51120_131007020707My Links.jpg

At the top of the screen you can see how many creations you have thanked represented as a percentage of your overall downloads. There is no good or bad percent of thanks to have, after all, nobody expects you to thank something if you were unhappy with the download for one reason or another. All weíre asking is that you have a glance over the ones you havenít thanked to see if there are any that you missed unintentionally :) You can filter the table to show the non-thanked downloads first by clicking on the ďThankedĒ header.

http://www.modyourpanties.com/hosting/51121_131007020730My Downloads.jpg

From there you can simply click on the link to open each creation and hit the thanks button if you appreciated the download. When you click the button youíll be given the option to leave a quick thank-you note for the creator. You donít have to write anything but as a creator, itís always nice when people let you know how theyíre enjoying your work :) Then just rinse and repeat until youíre happy that youíve thanked everything you want to.

http://www.modyourpanties.com/hosting/51122_131007020741Thanks.jpg

The upload that I just thanked above is a prime example of why we wanted to do this. 10,438 Downloads and only 188 thanks. Of course, it could be that 10,250 people thought the download was so terrible it wasn't worth one click of a mouse but it's probably just that people forget or don't bother, which is a shame :(

Let us know how it goes!
Thankers - If youíre proud to have dragged your thanks percentage up off the floor feel free to brag by posting some before and after pics :p
Creators - weíd love to see if you notice a difference to your scorecard averages/totals in the next month or so. Youíre welcome to post before and after pics of your score card too. ETA: As Armiel pointed out, you will get a better visual of whether or not your thanks count spikes if you look at the graph at the top of the scorecard page :)

Fun factoid (sponsored by Delphy): Only 38% of MTS visitors come from North America. That means thereís probably a rather large chunk of you that donít celebrate thanksgiving (myself included) but as weíre between Canadian and American thanks-giving at the moment, this seemed like a good time to do this. That being said, we obviously hope people will continue to say thanks even when thereís not a special news post or time of the year for it ;)

Finally...
Save room for pie!

Klaartje
25th Oct 2013, 8:48 AM
This is a BRILLIANT idea :D! Thank you! Can we pretty please have one of those thermometer thingies (I so hope someone gets what I mean, still need my first cup of tea) that keeps track of the site average? It would be awesome to see that grow.

TotallySimsCrazy
25th Oct 2013, 10:04 AM
I'm totally on it :)

Karen Lorraine
25th Oct 2013, 11:24 AM
100% now!

Lunararc
25th Oct 2013, 11:39 AM
Done 100% (http://thumbs2.modthesims2.com/img/3/5/4/7/9/9/4/MTS_Lunararc-1394491-MTSPride.jpg) :luff:

alverdine
25th Oct 2013, 11:41 AM
Holy shite! I have so many downloads in my history left un-thanked :( I feel terrible now. Off to give my gratitude to the wonderful creators of this site.

Even though I'm not religious, happy thanksgiving to those that celebrate it :) !!!

Edit: 100% now, yippee!

Menaceman44
25th Oct 2013, 12:53 PM
I wasn't doing too badly to begin with but now I am up to 100%
http://www.modyourpanties.com/hosting/51384_131025075150Downloads.jpg

Which is confusing because I have this item in my download list that ISN'T thanked but I can't thank it anyway because the thread doesn't seem to exist anymore.
http://www.modyourpanties.com/hosting/51385_131025075324cannotthank.JPG

Faeheart
25th Oct 2013, 1:50 PM
I'd thanked 88% which isn't too bad. Up to 100% now

WakahisaDManami
25th Oct 2013, 2:10 PM
This is a brilliant opportunity for me to remember to thank everything I haven't thanked; my percentage is horrible. A great idea!

missyhissy
25th Oct 2013, 2:22 PM
Mine was at 85% before. 100% now! :luff:

marka93
25th Oct 2013, 2:27 PM
I to have now joined the 100% club.

ijustneedsomeeyes
25th Oct 2013, 2:54 PM
He he...

http://oi41.tinypic.com/4jls0j.jpg

Katie Turner
25th Oct 2013, 3:02 PM
Decided to get involved. I have 198 downloads, half of which I forgot I even download, only thanked 29%...oops.
And one hour later I've successfully thanked all the creators and reached 100%

Ujimushiko
25th Oct 2013, 3:34 PM
Mine's at 49% right now. Time to get thanking.

alverdine
25th Oct 2013, 3:37 PM
Lol, I ended up thanking around 800! They were mostly Sims 2 downloads though, and I don't think I was even aware of a 'thanks' button then (or maybe I was just too greedy to notice). It ended up taking a long, long time but luckily I had this beautiful music to listen to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUS0-0Fv7c8&feature=player_detailpage#t=187, so it kind of became a trance-like process :lovestruc

chasmchronicle
25th Oct 2013, 4:00 PM
/me puts a bag over his head

I used to be at 44%, which baffled me because I usually thank every creation I download. It must have been my naughty n00b self when I first joined the site! :lol: I am at 100% now, so all is good!

supra107
25th Oct 2013, 4:07 PM
At least i have great tactic, which will save me a lot of time. CTRL+W After i finish clicking "Thanks" on few pages.

EDIT: I did it! I hope it will be worth the weight. ;)

Ujimushiko
25th Oct 2013, 4:16 PM
Mine's at 49% right now. Time to get thanking.
And now I'm done. I have stuff there that I use almost every time I play the game so I was surprised that I didn't thank the people who made those things so essential to my game. I even left a few comments :D

CatherineTCJD
25th Oct 2013, 4:42 PM
I think I'm already at 100% ;)
I will double check to make sure...

Thank you for the wonderful idea!!! :luff:

ETA: Yup :cool: All 660 DLs are properly thanked. Yay!

NixNivis
25th Oct 2013, 5:17 PM
What a brilliant idea! :D

I had thanked 100% already *iz proud*, but I checked my scorecard and my daily thanks count there has more than tripled compared to what I usually get. So thank you, thankers, from a happy creator! :luff:

iCad
25th Oct 2013, 5:18 PM
I didn't even realize that you could check which downloads you'd thanked, so "thanks" for pointing that out. :) I'm at 71%, which I'll rectify soon. Most of the unthanked were from when I was a n00b and didn't understand the etiquette involved, but recently I went on a raid of fakepeeps7's stuff and apparently forgot to thank a few here and there, too... Whoops!

But yeah, this is a fabulous idea, and I like the punny title, too. I have to confess, though: As a creator, I'm personally really not that fussed about whether or not people hit the thanks button. To me, a download IS a "thanks," in that it means that a person likes and appreciates what I've created enough to download it and likely put it in their game to at least have a look at it. BUT, as a downloader, I do prefer to be courteous because I'm aware that a lot of creators DO care about thanks. So, yeah, fab idea, and I'd like to see a "thermometer," too, if that's even possible.

agon999
25th Oct 2013, 5:29 PM
i felt so guilty the first time i seen my results i have been working on it.

9b8ll
25th Oct 2013, 5:48 PM
I've done it 100%! Although I couldn't thank some of them because it was blocked. :)

http://i40.tinypic.com/2s8psol.jpg

justJones
25th Oct 2013, 6:25 PM
I actually started going back through my noob downloads a while ago and doing this. I'm still not at 100% but will be soon :)

EDIT: 100% :) And several got favorited as well! When I download them, I don't always know they'll end up being something I can't live without, so I went through and found my "never build a lot without" downloads and favorited them too!

Alma70
25th Oct 2013, 6:41 PM
I had thanked 99% but since I thought I had thanked everyone I'm really bummed at myself. At least it's 100% now, better late than never I guess... =P

Legislacerator
25th Oct 2013, 6:46 PM
I only had a few things I hadn't thanked (ever since I noticed the "% thanked" on the downloads page I try to keep it at 100!) so I just went and thanked those. Now I'm at 100% again. :) And that doesn't even count some of the things I thanked, that I didn't download (nice TS2 stuff I don't use since I don't play it anymore).

chreai
25th Oct 2013, 8:22 PM
:cry: I can't reach 100% because one of my downloads is no longer available. I am forever stuck at 96%. FML. :faceslap:

/half-joking

k2m1too
25th Oct 2013, 9:14 PM
I was already at 94%, so I finished out the last few stragglers on my list. (helps if you hit the sort button on the thanks column!)

And I just took at look at my own score card. Of the 18 uploads i have... 10 of them have less than a 10% thanks-to-download score (and that includes my most downloaded item at 4%)... :faceslap:

Ghost sdoj
25th Oct 2013, 9:22 PM
I was already at 100%... (Along with having thanked several things that looked like really cool ideas, even though I can't use them. I don't suppose there is a way to find out what you have already thanked but not downloaded, other than to go to thank it and discover it's already been done?)

CatOfEvilGenius
25th Oct 2013, 10:16 PM
I get some creators would like more thanks, more personal interaction, they're sad they don't get more thanks. That's all fine, their feelings are valid. We should certainly try to keep creators happy and meet folks social needs, I agree. If most folks want more thanks, then okay, let's try to get more thanks, fine.

However, I really don't get the point of encouraging a 100% thanked percentage. That just turns the thanks button into a download counter. We already have a download counter. Unless thanks mean something more than "I like this enough to download it and try it", what's the point of thanks? Couldn't we just rename the download counter the "thanks counter" and get rid of the thanks button, if that's what folks want? I agree it's good to thank a creator for something you downloaded (or just really liked), but thanks should not be compulsory. I'd never tell anyone their thanks percentage should be 100%. I may download something just to see if it works or to see if I like it. If it's borked, or clashes badly with in game stuff, or it just isn't what was advertised, or not my cup of tea, am I obligated to thank the creator for it? The thanks percentage shouldn't be like some game achievement or high score, but that's how it will feel if people are trying to attain a certain percentage.

As a creator, I really do appreciate the downloaders who want to thank creators. You folks saying you're at 100% thanks, I'm not dissing you at all, and I understand your intent is to warm a creator's heart. As a downloader, I do thank lots of stuff I download. I'm not trying to say don't thank. Just don't nag people to do it, don't make it some number to go for, don't make it a pointless redundant download counter, don't guilt trip people. Nobody owes me thanks, okay? I'm not going to cry myself to death if my thanks to downloads ratio isn't at some higher value. If you downloaded my stuff, I'm happy. If you also hit thanks, extra happy. If you left a comment, I'm super duper happy. But it's fine if you just download, so nobody feel guilty on my account.

Many other creators feel differently, so go ahead and click the heck out of their thanks buttons. It's good to make folks happy, and if that's how they get gratification, if that motivates them, great, wonderful. Just don't feel guilty on their account either. You're not a bad, greedy taker if you don't thank every single thing you ever downloaded.

edit: I just noticed a banner on My Downloads that says "Your thanks percentage is XX, good job, creators will appreciate the feedback". I approve of the intent behind that, feedback is good, and so is being appreciated for sharing your creations, but let's not confuse appreciation with feedback. A thanks clicky tells me someone liked my upload (which makes me feel warm fuzzy), or wanted to make me feel appreciated (which is certainly wonderful), or wanted a 100% so the banner would tell them super job (which doesn't do anything for me, really). Feedback would be "I like the embroidery on the pockets / how the skirt moves when the sim walks / the efficient layout of the kitchen" or "I don't like the high contrast on the knees / the mesh clipping when the sim bends their arms / the way my sims all pile up in the hallway". Feedback and showing a creator you appreciate them are not the same thing. Please tell me that banner doesn't guilt trip people if their thanks percentage is below some value, that would really bother me.

missroxor
25th Oct 2013, 11:29 PM
I really don't get the point of encouraging a 100% thanked percentage. That just turns the thanks button into a download counter. We already have a download counter. Unless thanks mean something more than "I like this enough to download it and try it", what's the point of thanks? Couldn't we just rename the download counter the "thanks counter" and get rid of the thanks button, if that's what folks want? I agree it's good to thank a creator for something you downloaded (or just really liked), but thanks should not be compulsory.

I doubt many creators sit there refreshing the page waiting for their thanks count to go up but for me it's just nice to see a bit of gratitude for your efforts. I cook dinner for my family most nights and sometimes it comes out better than others (read: sometimes it's not burnt). My family eat what i make for them, the poor buggers but if they never said thanks or complemented my cooking every once in a while I would get a bit grumpy about it and start to think, "well sod you guys, you can make your own dinner next time!" :lol: I think a lot of folk see thanks for downloads the same way except they probably enjoy creating more than I enjoy cooking! It's just nice to know that your efforts are appreciated rather than just used because its what's available.

I'd never tell anyone their thanks percentage should be 100%. I may download something just to see if it works or to see if I like it. If it's borked, or clashes badly with in game stuff, or it just isn't what was advertised, or not my cup of tea, am I obligated to thank the creator for it?... Just don't nag people to do it, don't make it some number to go for, don't make it a pointless redundant download counter, don't guilt trip people.

If that's how the post came across then I'm sorry for poorly wording it.
This is only supposed to be a bit of light-hearted encouragement to use a function on the site that is vastly underused yet gives many people warm and fuzzies when it is used. There is no site rule demanding that people do this and, to my knowledge, there is no way of even checking who did take part or who does and who doesn't have 100% (well, maybe Delphy can, idk). Whether a person thanks or not is between them and the creator. Likewise, if someone doesn't want to thank for something then they're free to leave constructive feedback or just forget the item ever existed.

So in conclusion: it's not about a perfect score, it's about showing gratitude to someone who's efforts and/or creativity you appreciated.
How to get involved
Simply look up your previous downloads and hit thanks on any that you appreciated.

Honeywell
25th Oct 2013, 11:36 PM
I thought it was a lovely idea, missroxor, and a pleasant surprise to log in and see my thanks count today. So thank you. :)

Sterling_Archer
25th Oct 2013, 11:37 PM
My thanks was around 50%, but it is now around 95%. There are a few downloads I can't thanks, due to the threads being deleted

CatOfEvilGenius
26th Oct 2013, 12:24 AM
I doubt many creators sit there refreshing the page waiting for their thanks count to go up but for me it's just nice to see a bit of gratitude for your efforts. I cook dinner for my family most nights and sometimes it comes out better than others (read: sometimes it's not burnt). My family eat what i make for them, the poor buggers but if they never said thanks or complemented my cooking every once in a while I would get a bit grumpy about it and start to think, "well sod you guys, you can make your own dinner next time!" :lol: I think a lot of folk see thanks for downloads the same way except they probably enjoy creating more than I enjoy cooking! It's just nice to know that your efforts are appreciated rather than just used because its what's available.
A huge, hearty YES to everything in the above paragraph! Certainly we all like to be appreciated for our efforts, and those who never thank are not being appreciative. I'd say "sod it" too and leave if I got zero appreciation.
If that's how the post came across then I'm sorry for poorly wording it.
This is only supposed to be a bit of light-hearted encouragement to use a function on the site that is vastly underused yet gives many people warm and fuzzies when it is used. There is no site rule demanding that people do this and, to my knowledge, there is no way of even checking who did take part or who does and who doesn't have 100% (well, maybe Delphy can, idk). Whether a person thanks or not is between them and the creator. Likewise, if someone doesn't want to thank for something then they're free to leave constructive feedback or just forget the item ever existed.

So in conclusion: it's not about a perfect score, it's about showing gratitude to someone who's efforts and/or creativity you appreciated.
My criticism was not specifically aimed at your post, and I'm now actually rather sorry because I probably came across as too critical of the idea. I really, REALLY do like the intent of this "thank the creators" drive, I do.

I know there is no site rule, I know no site staff have said "you must go for 100%". However, when I see people publicly posting their percentage, discussing it in a forum, that worries me. Maybe they didn't feel pressured or guilt tripped, maybe they're not trying to pressure anyone, but posted numbers will be perceived as pressure by some, people will feel they need to compete and measure up, or just want to get that "high score achievement". Thanks should be voluntary and heartfelt, but I worry quantifying it goes against that. The banner worries me because of what it may say to people with a "low" thanks percentage. I have no idea what it actually says for all percentage values. Would just like some reassurance that it's not along the lines of "go thank more, your number should be higher, you are ungrateful". I doubt it's that blunt, but I don't want something like that even implied in jest. I worry the banner tells people a 100% thanks rate is better than 50% or 75%. [edit: or 8%] I actually think 50% thanks gives some information about what people like, while 100% thanks just duplicates someone's download count. I also think the banner conflates feedback with appreciation. Would prefer "creators will appreciate the thanks" rather than "creators will appreciate the feedback". To me, a download without thanks does NOT say "I only got this because it's available". It says to me "I chose to come to this site, to download this particular item because I wanted to. I could have gone elsewhere, I could have not downloaded." However, a download with thanks says to me "I quite, quite liked this and appreciate your work" and that is so nice. I realize I probably came across as harsh when what you were most certainly trying to do is encourage downloaders to give creators warm fuzzies, and that is a great goal. My concerns are about how MTS is encouraging folks, not that they're trying to encourage folks.

Thank you, missroxor, for wanting to spread warm fuzzies. I'm quite happy as an introvert, don't require a lot of personal interaction, very wary of pressuring people, and have a different idea of what's "sufficient" thanks clickies than most, but that's me. If most creators are happy with the "thanks drive", and most downloaders are fine with it, if it means getting more creator participation and uploads, then yay! I'm glad I have the opportunity to voice my concerns, and especially grateful that site staff respond to them, but I'll keep others' opinions and the big picture in mind.

(edited for run ons, spelling, and punctuation)

Qnshr5
26th Oct 2013, 2:21 AM
I don't know if I've thanked something I didn't like... Mine was at 96% and I thanked everything left since, frankly, there was no reason for discrimination. Besides, most was stuff from my Sims 2 days and were perfectly fine as props that I'd used in some stories. My thanks is more like "thanks for the time and effort in creating this!" since I'm mainly hunting for things for my stories. I don't download something until I've given some thought as to how I would/if I could use it. I download like I shop: with a list and careful consideration when deviating from what I came for or when browsing. If I am especially grateful or think it's a unique idea, then I leave a comment. If it's too awesome then it's favorited.

I guess I download so much for stories and then get rid of them when I'm done that I rarely remember it afterward. So, if I'm gonna be grateful, it has to be immediately. Just like I have to do face to face in "real" life. Unless it really sticks out enough to get a favorite or comment, the likelihood of me returning is small. I'm not trying to forget good stuff, but my mind is constantly going a mile a minute and I tend to forget things once I've moved on. I'm not a creator, but I do understand that it's time and effort and something I don't do and I really am grateful that people are willing to take out of their time to create something. Especially as it makes the details in my tales so magnificent! and I am painfully detail-oriented. What I'm trying to say is I don't feel pressured.

But I do understand the other side of it. Some folks might feel pressure or competition or guilt, but you never have to do something you don't want to. So, if this is making you uncomfortable, Do Not Do It! Do it because you're grateful, not because you feel bad. But honestly, if I downloaded for game play only, I'd probably "thank" differently as functionality would be priority over look. Wow... I should play the game sometime... haven't done it in ages...

RomerJon17
26th Oct 2013, 5:42 AM
I was downloading quite a lot of custom contents from The Sims 2 & 3! :D Well I finally reached 100%! :D
http://i.imgur.com/GatqB0x.png

joandsarah77
26th Oct 2013, 5:53 AM
I think this is a great idea, both as both a creator as well as a downloader. I must admit to mostly on old downloads to not having thanked many at all. *blush* I just wish it didn't go back to the first page and rest itself to 20 per page. I've started opening those non thanked ones in a new tab which has helped. Not that I am getting many done today, I have the flu and I've already accidentally clicked the wrong thing twice. I noticed these unthanked ones a few days before this thread came up and I had been slowly trying to add a thanks on my older downloads, but I will aim to do it faster! Just that I will wait until I feel better.

Alma70
26th Oct 2013, 7:20 AM
I know there is no site rule, I know no site staff have said "you must go for 100%". However, when I see people publicly posting their percentage, discussing it in a forum, that worries me. Maybe they didn't feel pressured or guilt tripped, maybe they're not trying to pressure anyone, but posted numbers will be perceived as pressure by some, people will feel they need to compete and measure up, or just want to get that "high score achievement". Thanks should be voluntary and heartfelt, but I worry quantifying it goes against that. The banner worries me because of what it may say to people with a "low" thanks percentage. I have no idea what it actually says for all percentage values. Would just like some reassurance that it's not along the lines of "go thank more, your number should be higher, you are ungrateful". I doubt it's that blunt, but I don't want something like that even implied in jest. I worry the banner tells people a 100% thanks rate is better than 50% or 75%. [edit: or 8%] I actually think 50% thanks gives some information about what people like, while 100% thanks just duplicates someone's download count. I also think the banner conflates feedback with appreciation. Would prefer "creators will appreciate the thanks" rather than "creators will appreciate the feedback". To me, a download without thanks does NOT say "I only got this because it's available". It says to me "I chose to come to this site, to download this particular item because I wanted to. I could have gone elsewhere, I could have not downloaded." However, a download with thanks says to me "I quite, quite liked this and appreciate your work" and that is so nice. I realize I probably came across as harsh when what you were most certainly trying to do is encourage downloaders to give creators warm fuzzies, and that is a great goal. My concerns are about how MTS is encouraging folks, not that they're trying to encourage folks.

I can only speak for myself as a downloader but I think it's important to show that you appreciate the effort creators, like yourself, put on their stuff so this was a good reminder for me to check if I had forgotten to thank anyone, which I had. If I download something I'd like to thank as well even if I might end up not using it. I know I'm too lazy to give proper feedback though, shame on me, since I know that I would like that too if I was sharing my creations.

Tasia714
26th Oct 2013, 8:22 AM
Love it!

_Thundergirl_
26th Oct 2013, 11:22 AM
60%?! I'm sowwy... *Hides*

over 400 downloads!?! Woah...

****1 hour and 9 minutes later**** (Yes I actually timed it!)

Waaa....
Finally! Finally I am at 100%! :D So happy :)

I ended up redownloading a LOT of stuff, and putting quite a few new comments on things too, so I think that this was a good idea. Encouraging people to look at stuff they already downloaded, but didn't thank, etc. It reminded me of some of the Awesome things out there, that I forgot to add back to my game when I had to remove all my mods once. Plus some things I looked at, forgot about, and then moved on because I didn't have the right expansion pack or stuff pack. I've since bought more, and now I can download these things finally :)
:gjob: :bunny: :duck:

Nepomukl
26th Oct 2013, 2:14 PM
OMG, only 11%
I am so crasy :duck: :llama: :duck: :llama: :duck: :llama:

Miuki
26th Oct 2013, 7:31 PM
Neat idea!
I actually had 95% thanked already, but now it's 100%!

RelenaiSims
26th Oct 2013, 7:36 PM
What a good feature which I didn't know existed up until this point! :faceslap:
I went from 5% to 100% :anime:

efolger997
26th Oct 2013, 8:24 PM
I've now thanked 100% of my 1,409 downloads (yes, I'm crazy). :)

CatOfEvilGenius
26th Oct 2013, 8:44 PM
I can only speak for myself as a downloader but I think it's important to show that you appreciate the effort creators, like yourself (snip) I know I'm too lazy to give proper feedback though, shame on me, since I know that I would like that too if I was sharing my creations.
Alma (and other thanks clickers), thank you for the appreciation, for thanks clickies, and not just on my own behalf. Creators really like those clickies, and gratitude is just a beautiful thing.

Please, please don't think of yourself as lazy. You are NOT lazy. Feedback is certainly nice, whether it's about some detail someone really liked, or some detail they didn't care for, or about something that didn't work. However, not everyone needs to leave feedback. It's totally, completely fine with me if all someone wants to say is "I liked this, thanks" with a thanks clicky because there isn't anything specific or detailed, good or bad, that they'd like to point out. Alma, if you do upload things, I'll try to remember you would like detailed feedback and post some. :)

---------------------

I have now seen numerous folks say things like I was only at 60% or I was only at 10%, shame on me, I'm sorry, or I dragged my percentage off the floor. Maybe this was mostly in jest. I hope so. There were smileys and winks and llamas, so probably folks were at least partly joking. I hope most folks are just having fun. I really, really hope people aren't actually feeling bad and beating themselves up over this. If you WANT TO thank everything you ever downloaded, as some folks have said they do, because that's what's in your heart, that's how you want to show appreciation, that's fine and we creators appreciate the warm fuzzies you send our way. However, if someone happens to be at 60% or 10% or whatever, any number, I personally don't care what your number is and I personally will not judge you or find you ungrateful. Qnshr5 made a great comment about different reasons to download and different thanks styles. Maybe some folks download a ton of stuff, and sift through it later, and only keep a bit. Some folks want to thank even if they don't use something, and that's lovely, and others don't feel the need to do so, and that is totally fine. I understand some creators are very happy about more thanks, some folks feel the thanks feature is greatly underutilized, and I'm very glad those folks are feeling better because of "thanks-clicking". Just please, nobody actually feel bad, okay?

I'm personally very uncomfortable with all this public sharing of numbers. I know it's what the OP specifically asked for, and that others are just fine with it, I get that, but I still have concerns about quantifying and comparing people's gratitude. It's not a number and shouldn't be compared as such. I'd really rather just see downloaders say "I raised my thanks percentage because I want to spread warm fuzzies" or creators say "I got more thanks clickies and now I have warm fuzzies" instead of actual numbers. If Delphy and site staff want to know what the actual numbers are, want to know how much of an effect "thanks-clicking" had, I'm sure they have a database of those numbers they can look at. Really not trying to rain on the Warm Fuzzies Parade, not at all, just don't think public number comparisons are the best way to go about this. The first post asked creators to share before / after thanks percentages and actual screengrabs of graphs. I don't feel at all comfortable doing that, although I get nobody is trying to make me uncomfortable. I'm not competing with other creators, I'm not judging downloaders, and I'm not asking anyone for more clickies, but posting numbers *feels* like all of that to me. I don't even calculate the thanks percentage for myself, feel no need to. I get other creators feel very differently, and that's totally fine. I'm NOT saying any of you are competing or judging or demanding clickies. Only that public numbers have the potential to be perceived by some in such a way, and that *qualitative* rather than *quantitave* posts might be better. I might send the numbers in a PM if missroxor can't access the database. missroxor, I think the idea to spread warm fuzzies is wonderful, and I know many folks are fine with public numbers, and nobody is trying to make me uncomfortable, so again, thanks for wanting to spread warm fuzzies.

---------------------

joandsarah77 Oh my gosh, I hope you feel better! The flu can be miserable. Your determination to spread warm fuzzies while battling the flu certainly says you really want those warm fuzzies sent out, but thanks clickies can wait. Glad you're giving them a rest to take care of yourself.

*gives bowl of soup*

(^.^)>U

Ella:)
26th Oct 2013, 9:25 PM
I know this must seem so pathetic, but I only thanked 38% of my downloads. Now I'm up to 100%. It took me forever to thank everybody.

joandsarah77
26th Oct 2013, 9:39 PM
CatOfEvilGenius joandsarah77 Oh my gosh, I hope you feel better! The flu can be miserable. Your determination to spread warm fuzzies while battling the flu certainly says you really want those warm fuzzies sent out, but thanks clickies can wait. Glad you're giving them a rest to take care of yourself.

*gives bowl of soup*

(^.^)>U

*Takes soup gratefully.* That just about hits the spot today, thanks! It was vomiting flu, and lets just say I could have spent the last two days doing lots better things! But I'm feeling quite a bit better today, even if still a bit fuzzy headed. My cat obviously knows because she has come and jumped on my lap again. :)

virgalibabe
26th Oct 2013, 10:39 PM
I just updated my long list of pending thanks. I'm currently at 99% because I don't have access to those pages.

Edit: I meant to say that I don't have access to two of the download pages anymore. Typing late at night has proven to be challenge to me it seems.

alverdine
27th Oct 2013, 12:17 AM
Well to me it's about courtesy; It's like someone handing you a gift in real life with a smile on their face and with good intentions, only to snatch it up without bothering to utter a measly "thanks" in return. Even if the gift is not something you end up using or is slightly broken, you would still say thank you IRL. That's why I felt bad about having not thanked many of my previous downloads and wanted to rectify it.
The fact that someone has taken the time to even make something at all and upload it in the hopes of making someone else's game more enjoyable is reason enough to give thanks, I think ;). Maybe specific numbers aren't important, but it's a nice reminder to be more courteous.

joandsarah77
27th Oct 2013, 12:25 AM
Be aware on classic view that leaving a comment does not always leave a thanks anymore, I've found a few threads that I know I left a comment on still show as unthanked.

Admiranda
27th Oct 2013, 12:29 AM
Technically 99% done, but actually 100% because three pieces of CC I downloaded long ago have had their threads entirely deleted. It'd be nice if there was some way to remove those deleted CC in My Downloads, or at least flag them as "deleted" or something so they don't count in the "thanks" percentage.

CatOfEvilGenius
27th Oct 2013, 12:48 AM
Well to me it's about courtesy; It's like someone handing you a gift in real life with a smile on their face and with good intentions, only to snatch it up without bothering to utter a measly "thanks" in return. Even if the gift is not something you end up using or is slightly broken, you would still say thank you IRL. That's why I felt bad about having not thanked many of my previous downloads and wanted to rectify it.
The fact that someone has taken the time to even make something at all and upload it in the hopes of making someone else's game more enjoyable is reason enough to give thanks, I think ;). Maybe specific numbers aren't important, but it's a nice reminder to be more courteous.
That was beautifully put, and that last bit about numbers vs. courtesy really made sense to me. It is a joy to share, and extra nice when someone says they're glad someone shared.

-------------------------------

missroxor In the last two days, there has been a definite increase in the thanks clickies I received. The daily thanks clickies rate looks at least 3X higher in the past two days than it has been before, just an eyeball estimate. Public number sharing isn't my thing, but can look at and PM you specific numbers if you can't look at Delphy's data. I hope that helps site staff with your impact analysis.

:lovestruc thanks clickers :lovestruc Your thanks clickies from the "thanks-clicking" event ARE noticed and appreciated. I was not the least bit unhappy with thanks clickies or downloaders before, but I sure won't turn down an extra big helping of warm fuzzies from downloaders who want to give one.

marieruth
27th Oct 2013, 2:24 AM
I'm 100% too, but I can't seem to access the neck width slider mod to thank the download. :[

cmomoney
27th Oct 2013, 2:42 AM
My thanks percentage went from 3.27% of total downloads to 7.58% of total downloads(a day). TBO, I stopped looking at thanks because it was kinda disappointing, especially coming from TS2. 2 million downloads and only 78k thanks... see what I'm saying? But it's even worse for a new creator trying to gauge if people actually like their creations.

So, let your creators know you like what their doing, they really have no other way of knowing since we can't watch you play.

Happy Thanks Clicking. :)

destinychaser
27th Oct 2013, 2:53 AM
Wow, I had a terrible percentage! It's up to 100% now! Hopefully I'll remember to thank the creators more in the future, I felt guilty seeing some of my favorite creations un-thanked!

iCad
27th Oct 2013, 3:19 AM
In the interest of record-keeping, I will say that my daily thanks yesterday jumped to 475% of the average number of daily thanks I'd gotten over the previous two weeks. So, thanks to the thankers. You all did, indeed, make me smile. See: :) It's been even higher today, but that's probably because I have a new upload up, my first new one in about a year and half, so I'm not really going to count that. As I said before I'm not really fussed about whether or not downloaders thank me (although I do appreciate it, of course!). However, I AM something of a statistics nerd, so it'll be interesting to me to see whether or not this drive has a more long-term effect, perhaps due to raising downloader awareness of the fact that the "Thanks" button does, indeed, exist. :)

gagafanu
27th Oct 2013, 4:05 AM
Well here goes it to get from 2% to100%

missroxor
27th Oct 2013, 8:39 AM
Iíve gotta say, Iím really chuffed to see so many people willing to take time out of their day (apparently over an hour in some cases! :giggler: ) to go back and show their thanks. That alone is enough to give me the warm and fuzzies, lol. Itís great hearing from creators too and glad to see youíre noticing some difference :) So a big thank-you from me to all those who're taking the time to do this!

This is a BRILLIANT idea :D! Thank you! Can we pretty please have one of those thermometer thingies (I so hope someone gets what I mean, still need my first cup of tea) that keeps track of the site average? It would be awesome to see that grow.

Sorry that I didnít respond to you sooner Klaartje. We actually had a discussion about this in chat right after you posted and a couple of mods were batting around ideas on how to do this as a fun little feature on the side. There was talk of having a goal, as if it was a donation drive rather than a thanks drive, like maybe trying to raise the average thanks for all downloads by 10% or something and have the thermometer thingymabob track the percentage. Unfortunately, the people that would actually know how to implement such an idea are currently suffering from some strain of man flu and even when theyíre back on their feet swivel chair again there are a lot of other higher priority site changes that need to be worked on. So I donít think this will happen this time but itís a nice idea and something to keep in mind if we do another one of these next year :)

I'm personally very uncomfortable with all this public sharing of numbers. I know it's what the OP specifically asked for, and that others are just fine with it, I get that, but I still have concerns about quantifying and comparing people's gratitude. It's not a number and shouldn't be compared as such. I'd really rather just see downloaders say "I raised my thanks percentage because I want to spread warm fuzzies" or creators say "I got more thanks clickies and now I have warm fuzzies" instead of actual numbers. If Delphy and site staff want to know what the actual numbers are, want to know how much of an effect "thanks-clicking" had, I'm sure they have a database of those numbers they can look at. Really not trying to rain on the Warm Fuzzies Parade, not at all, just don't think public number comparisons are the best way to go about this. The first post asked creators to share before / after thanks percentages and actual screengrabs of graphs. I don't feel at all comfortable doing that, although I get nobody is trying to make me uncomfortable.... Public number sharing isn't my thing, but can look at and PM you specific numbers if you can't look at Delphy's data. I hope that helps site staff with your impact analysis.

Honestly, we werenít planning on any formal impact analysis or data collection or anything like that and there is no need for anyone to tell anyone else their thanks percentage. I think youíre over-thinking this... perhaps due to my wording on the original post. D: It would simply be nice for us to hear back from both sides (whether itís a screen grab, a number or just , ďhey, I thanked a bunch of creators/I saw my thanks numbers jumpĒ) to see if this sort of thing actually has people willing to participate/is wanted/is helping in the way we hope.

We actually came up with the idea to do this because numerous creators in various posts spread over the forum and over time had brought up the subject of feeling a little unappreciated and disheartened because of the grab-and-go style that they felt their content was being downloaded with. Weíre trying to listen to users of all types and do what we can to make the site work for as many users as we can. It might not be something weíve excelled at 100% of the time but itís something weíre working on improving. There isnít a whole lot we as a site can do to ďmakeĒ people give thanks though and we wouldn't want to force people into it anyway. I mean, we get that sometimes people arenít happy with a particular download or it just didnít end up being useful for them but I suspect that a lot of the time itís just that people are in a rush and forget. Iím sure we all do it; I know I have (18% of the time :lol: ). So the quickest and easiest way to try to improve that situation, that we came up with so far, is to just draw attention to the thanks and comments functions. Thatís all this is really. Weíre not trying to make people feel guilty or bad about their percent weíre just saying, ďHey, remember thereís a thanks button here... creators love it when you show appreciation by pressing it!Ē :p

If youíve thanked 100% already give yourself a pat on the back :) I was a bit embarrassed to see that I hadnít said thanks to 18% of the creators whoís things Iíd downloaded.
I had a read over the OP again and found a couple of sentences that are poorly worded (typo to boot). By bringing up my own embarrassment, I insinuated that there is some kind of shame in not having 100% and that 100% is the goal to aim for. Iíve re-worded that in a way that I hope is less leading (see below). Sorry that I didnít notice it before.

At the top of the screen you can see how many creations you have thanked represented as a percentage of your overall downloads. There is no good or bad percent of thanks to have, after all, nobody expects you to thank something if you were unhappy with the download for one reason or another. All weíre asking is that you have a glance over the ones you havenít thanked to see if there are any that you missed unintentionally :) You can filter the table to show the non-thanked downloads first by clicking on the ďThankedĒ header.

As for people feeling guilty or bad about not thanking: I get where youíre coming from and I agree that people shouldnít feel bad. But personally, I canít help it :lol: I actually feel a little pang of guilt when I download from sites that donít have a thanks button (or maybe they do and Iím just not seeing them) and I did feel guilty when I saw that my thanks percent was in the low 80s. I tend to download in a very similar way to how Qnshr5 described though. Itís only really if I go on a rare DL binge to grab a bunch of stuff that I might use in a contest that I would possibly DL stuff without first thoroughly reading the post, looking at all the pics and deciding if I really need it in my game. Thatís why I feel like I personally have no excuse for a low percentage :p

Volvenom
27th Oct 2013, 8:56 AM
I had 96%, now I have:

You have thanked 100% of your downloads! Well done, the creators will appreciate the feedback!

:bunny:

Phaenoh
27th Oct 2013, 2:57 PM
Cat, I'm with you about thanking creators. I was around 33% when Miss brought up this idea, and have since pulled my number up to 68%. I don't want a perfect 100%, but I do want to make sure I thank every download that I currently use in my game, previously used for a while in my game, learned something from by pulling it apart, or am just amazed at the skill and creativity that went into something. I download a bunch of stuff that never lasts more than a minute in my game for one reason or another, and the thanks column lets me know if it was something I'd want to hunt down again if my computer ever died. I'm sure that 68% is going to get closer to 75% after I load this recent batch of downloading spree spoils into my game.

As a creator, I've enjoyed seeing a noticeable spike in my thanks count for the last few days. It isn't much, but it is cute and very much appreciated. I've gone from around 25 thanks per day to 125! (I tried to post a pic, but dunno what's up with the server atm...)

Edit: Hey, the upload server thingy is working for me again. Have a look at the lovely little spike in thanks counts! :)

magicslippers
27th Oct 2013, 3:25 PM
I usually have a "thanking day" once a week or so to thank all the creators since i download so much stuff :3 :jest:

heaven
27th Oct 2013, 5:50 PM
As I creator, I've noticed my thanks has gone up in the past couple of days so thank you to everyone who has gone back and showed their appreciation. I'm with cmo: I stopped looking at thanks after awhile because they never seemed to correlate to the downloads. And, as a downloader, I was super low before this idea came up but I've improved after realizing that I completely forget about thanking things. So tsk, tsk to myself but this was a great idea to remind us that the thank button does exist. :)

CatOfEvilGenius
27th Oct 2013, 6:57 PM
missroxor Thank you! I really appreciate the rewording of the first post very much. I think it is much better now. You're absolutely right about the number of creators who were sad about "grab-n-go", and I am happy they're getting more thanks clickies. :)

Phae Thanks, was worried I'd come across as just a grumpy party pooper, so your post (and missroxor's) was reassuring. It does feel good to thank stuff that's brought us fun or helped us learn, it really does! I'd mash the heck out of the thanks buttons for some tools and plugins and alpha mesh uploads if I could click multiple times. And yeah, that uptick in thanks is nice to see.

Ghost sdoj
27th Oct 2013, 7:13 PM
I was one who was "guilt tripped" into thanking every download a few years ago... But now it's changed. I don't browse the downloads very often, but when I do, and something really interesting catches my attention I thank it. Not because I'm planning to download it (although sometimes I do that, too. My game prefers as little as possible in it, so I need to be picker than I would like about what goes into it.) but because I really like it for some reason. I know for a fact that I've thanked a lot more things than I've downloaded, and I've not often downloaded anything that hasn't intrigued me enough to go back and try to thank it more than once. So even though my thanks percentage tends to be 100%, it's not just a second download counter for me.

hellmonja
28th Oct 2013, 7:00 AM
contribootin'...

RomerJon17
29th Oct 2013, 12:50 PM
Someone is disagreeing each post, because he/she didn't thank the creators properly!

leefish
29th Oct 2013, 12:54 PM
@romerjon - as long as they thank the first post of this thread - it has afforded them some amusement clicking all those disagrees one by one :)

RomerJon17
29th Oct 2013, 12:55 PM
@romerjon - as long as they thank the first post of this thread - it has afforded them some amusement clicking all those disagrees one by one :)

@Lee - Hehe okay then Lee :)

CatOfEvilGenius
29th Oct 2013, 6:03 PM
The Mystery Disagreer missed RomerJon's latest post! They're not keeping up!

Selly_2009
29th Oct 2013, 7:48 PM
Thanks to this I discovered that I'm terrible with hitting the thanks button! Anyway, now fixed and am at 100%; working on the basis that if I liked it enough to download it, I ought to thank those who spent the time making it! Even if I no longer use it in my game...

aisquared
30th Oct 2013, 1:41 PM
Yay! I'm done thanking. Now 100 percent..Meanwhile, as a creator 43 thanks so far. Hmm not bad I still have one upload so far...Anyway, thanks...erm..."thankers"!! :lol:
http://www.modyourpanties.com/hosting/51509_131030083952Untitled.png

Jaguwar
30th Oct 2013, 1:53 PM
Technically 99% done, but actually 100% because three pieces of CC I downloaded long ago have had their threads entirely deleted. It'd be nice if there was some way to remove those deleted CC in My Downloads, or at least flag them as "deleted" or something so they don't count in the "thanks" percentage.
Same here, I found I had one download that's gone. :( There are also a few downloads I didn't like as much on screen as I did in game, and I have NOT thanked those (sorry!)

I was shocked at myself, actually, I couldn't believe the number of downloads I'm truly, truly grateful for that I hadn't thanked yet, some of which things I've used for YEARS! yikes! Bad Jag!

On the flip side, I've seen a few more thanks come my way, thank YOU thankers. Personally I value the feedback a little more, because I'd rather hear what people think, how my upload works in their game (if it does at all), etc. But thanks are appreciated, too. I've taken to thanking people for things I did NOT download, as well, just to show appreciation, much the same way I might "like" a post on FB. So my real thanking numbers are higher, it's the download:thank ratio that needed work. :)

Kumulus
30th Oct 2013, 11:24 PM
I am still scared at the thought of leaving a comment in the download section because I do not speak and write well in English. (I know google translation exists) But I feel unforgivable to have so often forgotten to click the Say Thanks button. :faceslap: This is not repentance, but I really really really appreciated the most downloads I've done on this site. I appreciate the work of the creators without whom I would have stop a long time ago to play Sims.
So I took my day to thank the many creators with whom I've downloaded. I tried to leave a short comment for those who have created mods, lots or items essential to my game and I want to thank the others that make my game more interesting. Thank you for all your work. :lovestruc

(Sorry for my bad english but i've not use google translation... Just my old dictionary...Sick)

By the way.... is there a Thanks button in this thread ? ;)

TotallySimsCrazy
30th Oct 2013, 11:48 PM
I've got a lot to thank but still going strong!

(P.S Did someone on the first page disagree with like EVERY post?)

Karen Lorraine
31st Oct 2013, 12:54 AM
I am still scared at the thought of leaving a comment in the download section because I do not speak and write well in English. (I know google translation exists) But I feel unforgivable to have so often forgotten to click the Say Thanks button. :faceslap: This is not repentance, but I really really really appreciated the most downloads I've done on this site. I appreciate the work of the creators without whom I would have stop a long time ago to play Sims.
So I took my day to thank the many creators with whom I've downloaded. I tried to leave a short comment for those who have created mods, lots or items essential to my game and I want to thank the others that make my game more interesting. Thank you for all your work. :lovestruc

(Sorry for my bad english but i've not use google translation... Just my old dictionary...Sick)

By the way.... is there a Thanks button in this thread ? ;) Your English is good :) I love receiving comments on my uploads, even if it's just 'I like it' or for instance someone left 'nice' the other day. So stop being scared and leave us a comment, we like it :)

CatOfEvilGenius
31st Oct 2013, 3:25 AM
I am still scared at the thought of leaving a comment (snip) Sorry for my bad english
Do not worry! Your English is great. We are grateful to anyone who makes a comment. It is okay if someone uses google translate. You do not need to apologize. :)

joandsarah77
31st Oct 2013, 3:31 AM
Originally Posted by Kumulus
I am still scared at the thought of leaving a comment (snip) Sorry for my bad english

Please don't be, a comment always makes my day and I'm sure most other creators love to receive comments as well.

Ghost sdoj
31st Oct 2013, 7:36 PM
I've got a lot to thank but still going strong!

(P.S Did someone on the first page disagree with like EVERY post?)

Someone was feeling very disagreeable. :duck:
They seem to have recovered by now though.

TotallySimsCrazy
1st Nov 2013, 10:34 PM
I am still scared at the thought of leaving a comment in the download section because I do not speak and write well in English.

A comment makes my day, and your english is really good! As long as i knew my download was good, i wouldn't care how bad someone's english was :)

sweetavatar12
2nd Nov 2013, 7:12 PM
Great idea!

http://greatleadersserve.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/HiRes1.jpg

stardecoder
2nd Nov 2013, 10:13 PM
I had only thanked 5% of my downloads! However I didn't realise there was a thanks button when I first made an account back in 2011. I will try to rectify this! (But I won't get it up to 100% because I know for definite that there are downloads on that list which I didn't even like when I got them in-game.)
~2 hours later~
up to 33%... It's not my fault I downloaded nearly everything I saw! (It's probably why my old laptop broke...)
~30 minutes later~
I THINK I REACHED THE THANKING LIMIT. I CANT THANK ANY MORE ITEMS. ARGH. But I got up to 52% which is 47% more than I had, which is impressive and nearing 250 downloads.

~Edit~
turns out there isn't a thanking limit, so I carried on thanking and I'm now on 92%! I even thanked some creations I didn't actually like by mistake as well... Ah well!

joandsarah77
2nd Nov 2013, 10:21 PM
Great idea!

Well there's two minutes of my life that I won't get back. O_O

moradaulay5
3rd Nov 2013, 4:59 AM
BEFORE: 90%
AFTER: 100%

Yeay! Yes, you're right! Its makes me proud and very happy!
Great! Great! Great!

:lovestruc :lol: :P ;) :giggler: :gjob: :up:

ToolToulTo
4th Nov 2013, 1:32 AM
Oh my, I am at 5% and still need a lot of people to thank (lots of rows). I will do once I am finished with my essay. :( Ugh, I feel so badddddddd............

Chicken0895
4th Nov 2013, 6:56 AM
I went from having thanked 9%ish of over 180 downloads (shameful, I know) to 100% (much better).

kransper
4th Nov 2013, 2:55 PM
Thank you for posting this :) I believed I was at 100% or close, but was shocked to see I was only at 93%. I was even more surprised to realize I hadn't thanked some of my very favorite items (I must have been too much in awe of them or something) I have rectified my oversights now and appreciate getting a chance to do so, and also the new knowledge of how to find all the items I have downloaded before. I am sure that it will come in handy.

OffiesCat
9th Nov 2013, 2:13 PM
Thank you! :bunny:

justJones
11th Nov 2013, 4:08 PM

I completely agree with this. The way I do it, now, is thank everything, for the time and effort and desire to share, then if it's something I really love and/or can't live without, I favorite it :) My thanks have gone up a bit, which yes, I love to see those. One day I even had more thanks than downloads ;) So thanks to all the clickers! I do love comments even more, even if it is just a "nice" like Karen said. But I'm not much of a commenter either, so I'm not complaining, lol. Especially if it's from someone who didn't download but just wanted to say "good job". Just like what Ghost sdoj said about liking things that stand out.

Phaenoh
11th Nov 2013, 9:07 PM
jones, I'd love to see a screenshot of your day of more thanks than downloads. That just doesn't sound real! :D

Sleepy-Genius
16th Nov 2013, 7:01 AM
So, here are my thanks.
I didn't reach a completely 100% because two pages were unavailable. :(

http://i55.servimg.com/u/f55/16/77/16/44/thanks10.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=811&u=16771644)

Cee618
19th Nov 2013, 8:57 AM
This is a great idea! I didn't know that we could check our downloads like that. Very cool. I was at 86% before (not too bad), but I'm proud to say that I'm now at 100%! :)

http://imageshack.com/a/img18/1180/8nia.png

nanatoana
19th Nov 2013, 3:30 PM
I try to thank each one that I download, but apparently I missed a few:) I was at 85% and now have 100% thanked! This is such a great idea.......and I want to thank all those creators that create the beautiful objects, lots and sims that I see here everyday! OH! and thanks to all the creators that make the mods, tools, and other items that make playing the Sims so much easier!

Amura
27th Nov 2013, 9:47 AM
I'm quite new here and I have not downloaded much content, but I've been thanking all of the downloads on the go as I've tried them.
I'm at 48% but that just means that I have not had the chance to try some of the content I downloaded, and I like to try it first so I can leave an appropiate comment when I thank!

Phaenoh
27th Nov 2013, 2:48 PM
Oh man, that Disagree monster is back! :P

Legislacerator
27th Nov 2013, 3:11 PM
Someone REALLY has nothing better to do with their time, it looks like...

robingravel
27th Nov 2013, 4:51 PM
Oh man, that Disagree monster is back! :P

There is almost everybody showed love in each post. So why bothering with someone who is disagreeing each post?

Just ignore him/her.

Nysha
27th Nov 2013, 5:07 PM
Hey, robingravel. Did you know that admins can see who has disagreed with a post? :)

robingravel
27th Nov 2013, 6:11 PM
Hey, robingravel. Did you know that admins can see who has disagreed with a post? :)

Yes I know. So, are you going to blam the disagreeer?

Is there any rules are broken by disagree each post?

If yes, please show us where the rules are broken. Let's us to know.

Nysha
27th Nov 2013, 6:16 PM
Nope, not gonna ban you, just gonna let everyone have a good laugh at your expense.

robingravel
27th Nov 2013, 6:16 PM
Someone REALLY has nothing better to do with their time, it looks like...

Have people nothing better to do with their time by showing their love to the topic? I don't thnk so.

People shows us their love to the topic because they like them. Everybody respect that.

It's the same when one people shows his/her disagree with some subjects.

Sleepy-Genius
27th Nov 2013, 6:29 PM
Have people nothing better to do with their time by showing their love to the topic? I don't thnk so.

People shows us their love to the topic because they like them. Everybody respect that.

It's the same when one people shows his/her disagree with some subjects.

But with almost every post?
If they disagree that much, why bother visiting the thread / forum in the first place? :|

leefish
27th Nov 2013, 6:35 PM
If they disagree that much, why bother visiting the thread / forum in the first place? :|

Well ask Robin

or wait - he told us to ignore him :D

Sleepy-Genius
27th Nov 2013, 6:40 PM
Well ask Robin

or wait - he told us to ignore him :D

And humans can't communicate with invisible people, so in the meantime... :beer:

robingravel
27th Nov 2013, 6:40 PM

leefish removed my message because I was disagree with happy thanks clicking. So I need to show my disagreement somehow.

And it works.

HystericalParoxysm
27th Nov 2013, 7:07 PM
robingravel - For someone who doesn't like to click thanks, you sure do care an awful lot about this completely optional, suggested, yet not at all mandatory Thanksclicking thing. How about this - rather than grumping in the thread, you go download some fun stuff for your game, and then play with it? And consider clicking thanks on those things, because of the hard work and the immense amount of time that is put into peoples' creations that they share for free with you here, since you are so eager to put that clicky finger to work... Thanking creators for something they've given you seems far more constructive than hanging around this thread.

ijustneedsomeeyes
8th Dec 2013, 10:12 PM
I don't get it. Why would anybody object to thanking somebody for providing a download? I'd understand if they didn't want to thank something they didn't like (even when a very small percentage of other peoples' creations disappointed me, I still thanked them for taking time out of their lives and at least providing), but disagreeing with just thanking creators? That is so...odd.

I have another theory as to why the download numbers outnumber the thanks posts: perhaps people are re-downloading them? I know I've had to redownload some stuff after wanting a certain hack/object/etc. back or accidentally messing up/deleting a package file. Is there a way for mods to tell who is downloading what on MTS? I mean, since you have to be logged in and all...