PDA

View Full Version : Changing age groups that can use an object?

VioletPadfoot
14th Oct 2013, 8:29 AM
I have a couple of objects that I'd like to alter so that certain age groups can't use them. One is a fountain that lets children, toddlers and pets "bathe" and I'd like to exclude the children so that they quit hogging it from the toddlers and use the freaking shower. The other is atavera's toddler floor blanket and I'd like to make it so that babies can't be put on it. So what I need to know is what do I have to edit in SimPE on these files to achieve this? I know it's possible, I just don't know where to start. ~VP

Edit: I was poking around in the floor blanket file and found the TTAB resource. One of the interactions labeled "Be Put on Blanket" has babies checked. I assume that if I uncheck babies (and leave demo child checked) the blanket will do what I want, namely not let parents put infants on the blanket, thus leaving it only for toddler use? I also assume that I need to uncheck babies from any other interaction where they are checked ("On Blanket" and "!Invisible Interaction") in order to completely remove babies from using the blanket. Can anyone confirm this? ~VP

Another Edit: I edited the files like I described above and popped the edited files in my game, taking out the originals. The fountain works perfectly. The very stinky child ignored it and whined at me until I popped a shower on the lot. The blanket however seems to need a bit more work. The adults still try to put the baby on the blanket then proceed to error, since babies aren't allowed on it. Can someone tell me which resource I need to edit, and how, to stop adult sims from trying to use the blanket for infants? ~VP

Nysha
14th Oct 2013, 11:51 AM
I would imagine that there's probably another interaction on the blanket, which is enabled for adult use; you'll probably have to disable that interaction. That might mean that adults can no longer place toddlers on the blanket, though - in which case toddlers would have to use it themselves.

VioletPadfoot
14th Oct 2013, 3:35 PM
The toddlers already use the blankets themselves, and I've never seen an adult put them on it. At least not while using Pescado's Baby Controller, which is on any lot I have that has a toddler or younger. I'll try removing the adults and see what happens. ~VP

danny_power
14th Oct 2013, 3:38 PM
I agree with Nysha, you have to disable the interaction for the adults because you want that the object must be used only by toddlers.
I also want to add an info: if you enable or disable the interaction for babies, it doesn't change anything because babies aren't selectable and they can't perform actions without the help of older sims. So, enabling babies to perform the interaction (in TTAB) is only a way to remember that interaction also regards the babies, but they don't perform the action themselves.

Nysha
14th Oct 2013, 4:10 PM
I suspect that the adult interaction is segueing into the baby interaction, which is why disabling the baby interaction caused a jump bug.

VioletPadfoot
14th Oct 2013, 5:29 PM
Disabling the adults worked. Tested for several sim days with several of the blankets on lot and the sims never went for the blanket, only the crib. Thank you Nysha. I don't know why i didn't think of that before. ~VP

Nysha
14th Oct 2013, 5:40 PM
I'm glad you've got it working!