PDA

View Full Version : Old Cartoons

TrillianRikku
21st Nov 2012, 12:02 AM
List your favorite old cartoon you would like to see agian

These two are my all time fav and wish they would come out agian

Mysterious Cities of Gold
intro (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kq5Y_ogiyi0&feature=related)

Spartakus and the Sun Beneath the Sea
intro (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGOMnE26jNo&feature=related)

RoseCity
21st Nov 2012, 12:55 AM
Spartakus and Cities of Gold were 2 of my sons favorite cartoons - also Thundercats. Part of the theme song for Spartakus is lodged in my brain - "before you came we only had a dream hidden deeply, burning brightly like the sun beneath the sea Spartakus! Spartakus! Spartakus!"
My favorite cartoons in childhood were the old ones like Betty Boop and Popeye.

Nick-the-Greek
21st Nov 2012, 7:47 AM
I like the old Scooby Doo!!!

lauratje86
22nd Nov 2012, 4:31 AM
How old are we counting as old? I miss The Pirates of Dark Water. That was awesome. But it's only available on DVD for Region 1. And they never finished the series! :-(

ButchSims
22nd Nov 2012, 4:52 AM
How old are we counting as old? I miss The Pirates of Dark Water. That was awesome. But it's only available on DVD for Region 1. And they never finished the series! :-(OMG I loved that show. And yeah, I was so pissed when I found out it was never completed.

What about Thundar The Barbarian? Or the Herculoids? Or the old Space Ghost cartoons?

lauratje86
22nd Nov 2012, 5:48 AM
And yeah, I was so pissed when I found out it was never completed.

As a Joss Whedon fan I'm kind of used to the idea of awesomely amazing series not being completed because the people who make the decisions about these things suck!
:-P :-D (I'm only half kidding here....)

The only other cartoons that are mentioned on this thread that I've seen are Popeye and Scooby Doo.... I'll tell you what though, I'm not keen in this idea that cartoons I watched as a child/young teen count as old nowadays!

The SimWhisperer
22nd Nov 2012, 8:39 AM
Star Blazers! I liked the usual ones too: Scooby, Jetsons, Flintstones, Fat Albert, Smurfs, and Looney Tunes. I loved Droopy, and Charlie Brown specials as well.

PinkLemonnade
22nd Nov 2012, 10:37 AM
Heidi, little bear, the porky pig and daffy duck looney tunes and the moomins!

leo06girl
23rd Nov 2012, 7:49 AM
I loved Pirates of the Dark Water too!

Looney Tunes, Rugrats, Muppet Babies, Bobby's World, two more I don't remember the name of, and almost anything on Boomerang, Taz's show (forgot the name), TailSpin, Rescue Rangers, the old Ninja Turtles, Tiny Toons, Animaniacs, Pinky and the Brain, the old X-Men

Sterling_Archer
23rd Nov 2012, 12:51 PM
I remember watching a show called "The Animals of Farthing Wood". I absolutly loved that show. I think I was about 5 or 6 when I seen it.