PDA

View Full Version : Default replacement tumblers causing droped-out actions?


delonariel
5th Oct 2012, 12:23 PM
I've been working on a default replacement set of bar glasses using the drinks from TS3 Late Night. I started by cloning the tumblers from SimPE with only the base game in the file table. The glasses showed up and sims could use them without any problems on their own lots, but when I took them to a community lot bar the bartender would just drop out of the action while he was handing the glass over.

I tried cloning the tumblers again with nightlife added in the file table (the NL version had a couple more STR# files). But now when I take them downtown to order drinks there just seems to be a 50/50% chance of it working or not.

I'm guessing that the problems is that the default replacement file is overriding something it shouldn't. After all, all I really need is the mesh and texture, I'm just not sure which resources are safe to delete.

I tried looking for a default replacement tutorial but it was difficult to find anything that worked with meshes rather than recolouring.

I'm uploading the NL file since that seemed to work a little better at least, but if it's possible I could fix the base game version it would be nice. Thanks :)

HugeLunatic
5th Oct 2012, 2:36 PM
You've got way too many resources to create an override. Anything you don't alter is wasted space in the downloads folder.

To create a default replacement you want the TGIs to stay the same. So in SimPE when you select clone, untick ALL boxes. Then delete any resources you have not made any changes to. In this case, you probably are only going to need the GMDC. You might also need to replace the TXTR, and possibly the TXMT if the default glasses are not linked to a texture and you need to add one.

delonariel
5th Oct 2012, 4:30 PM
Thank you for the quick reply. I tried cloning the package again with all the boxes unticked. I altered the GMDC, TXTR and TXMT and at this point the objects showed up correctly in the preview. However, when I deleted all the resources I hadn't touched and tried to preview the mesh again, I got the following error: the parent CRES was not found. This means SimPE is unable to build the joint hierarchy.

I even tried leaving the CRES in the package but got the same error.

EDIT: I figured it out. :) I think I fixed the integrity the first time around without thinking, because after a bit of troubleshooting it seems to be working. Thank you for the help.

HugeLunatic
5th Oct 2012, 5:00 PM
When you try to preview a mesh without all resources, it gives that error because it can't find them in your game files. Normal and should show in game fine. And yea, don't Fix Integrity when creating an override. :)

delonariel
5th Oct 2012, 5:17 PM
Thank you for the quick reply. I tried cloning the package again with all the boxes unticked. I altered the GMDC, TXTR and TXMT and at this point the objects showed up correctly in the preview. However, when I deleted all the resources I hadn't touched and tried to preview the mesh again, I got the following error: the parent CRES was not found. This means SimPE is unable to build the joint hierarchy.

I even tried leaving the CRES in the package but got the same error.

EDIT: I figured it out. :) I think I fixed the integrity the first time around without thinking, because after a bit of troubleshooting it seems to be working. Thank you for the help.

Sorry, looks like I spoke too soon. After saving the file I haven't been able to open it again without getting the error.

When you try to preview a mesh without all resources, it gives that error because it can't find them in your game files. Normal and should show in game fine. And yea, don't Fix Integrity when creating an override.

Unfortunatelly it isn't working in the game now. :lol: I can't think of anything I did differently since it worked before with the bloated file.

EDIT: Just to be a little bit clearer, after some testing I think I've found the problem - I can't get the texture to stick to the object without fixing the integrity of the package.

EDIT: I finally managed to make it work by extracting the resources after fixing the integrity and then importing them into a "clean" package. Everything is in working order now. Thanks for the help, as usual. You guys are the best :)