PDA

View Full Version : Hot tub BHAV's

moune999
22nd Sep 2012, 9:11 AM
I think I'm at the end of my modding skills here. I'm making a hot tub, but have problems getting it to work properly. Here's where I'm at:

It's a self-referencing object, so I went through the BHAV's looking for GUID references. Found five - mostly in the 'Function - Init - Base' BHAV. Changed those to the appropriate custom GUID's.

Then I imported semi-globals - or rather I extracted semi-global BHAVs from HugeLunatic's Redneck hot tub (which functions properly) and added them to my own package. There were six new BHAV's, but only a couple had references to custom GUID's which I then changed to my own.

Still, the hot tub doesn't work. When I click on it and ask a sim to ‘Get in’ nothing happens. The hot tub icon simply disappears from the action queue, and the sim remains where he/she is. However, the tub acts as if in use. I can’t move it, but I can ask another sim to ‘Join’. He/she will then get into the tub and sit there alone.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong here? I've attached the package in case anybody will take a look at it. Any directions or advice will be very much appreciated. Thanks very much in advance. :)

moune999
22nd Sep 2012, 1:18 PM
I forgot to attach the file. :faceslap:
Here it is.

Echo
23rd Sep 2012, 1:09 AM
Heya moune,

If you take a look at the "High Rollers" project, you'll find that it's got a custom hot tub in there. Might be worth taking a look at that one, just in case you've missed a semi-global or something like that? From what little I remember, it was self-referencing not just to the master tile but also to a few of its slave tiles, which might be what's gone wrong. (nb - I haven't had a chance to look at your package yet!)

moune999
24th Sep 2012, 8:24 PM
Hey Echo, :)

And thank you very much for the suggestion. It didn't help, though. The "High Rollers" hot tub doesn't function properly, either. It has the same issues as mine does right now.

HL's Redneck tub (http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=409503) works properly, and I've just compared that with mine once again. The only difference that I can find is that HL's tub is Pets compatible, and she probably imported the semi-globals herself whereas I extracted them from her package and added them to my own.

Could that be the problem - that I used HL's semi-globals? (I'm never confident importing semi-globals, because I can never remember if I need to check the boxes in the dialog box).

HugeLunatic
25th Sep 2012, 12:38 AM
Your tub isn't assigned to any joints. This is causing the error "No bone on model corresponding to name in routing slot on destination object". If you turn on testing cheats you'll get the errors for the bhav and which line in your logs folder.

Try redoing the mesh and assigning to proper joints and see if it change anything.

moune999
27th Sep 2012, 6:45 PM
Thanks also for that advice, HL. :) I tried it, but unfortunately it didn't work either.

I DID finally discover the problem, however. I should have imported the semi-globals myself instead of using yours. If you click 'Fix package references' when important SimPE does something somewhere in the package that takes care of some of the references in the BHAV's and kind of makes them redundant.

Or something. You can tell I'm not a modder, can't you. :cool:

In any case, the message to anyone else out there having problems with a non-working hot tub is: Import your own semi-globals (ticking 'Fix package references'), and don't just use someone else's.

Thanks to both of you for - once again - helping to point me in the right direction. :luff: