PDA

View Full Version : Slots in incorrect places in game, but translation is correct

Thayet
16th Sep 2012, 9:51 PM
I've followed HugeLunatic's tutorial on adding slots, it went fine. Sort of. I've altered all the slot's placements in translation (I've done this before with other meshes, it's only my first time adding slots). Well all the slots are on the mesh, but they're all in one place on the mesh in game, even though the translation has the correct placement for each item.
I've uploaded the shelf - hopefully someone can help?

Because I have no idea what was wrong, I redid them with all the new slots under the practical node - made no difference, as well as adding all the container slots to just one slot file, instead of split up over the three (where I think they belong - but I'm guessing because HL tut as well as other's only deal with one slot list). But regardless of what Slot File I add to, the in-game objects all collect on one shelf. Except for the other two original slots on the mesh which act like they should.

mustluvcatz
16th Sep 2012, 11:48 PM
First: You need to change the I9 and I10 values on all the slots you added in the SLOT. You have all 0's and1's in there- which is why the slots are all in the same place. Look at the Model-Bones in the Text Lists (STR#). Each entry has a number in parentheses- it looks like your slots are 16-26. You need to use those numbers for the I9 value. As for the I10- start that value at 10. (The last used is 9 in one of the other slot files.) The SLOT file you have them in is fine- that's the lead anyway. (128)

Second: no need to have the slots split up in the CRES the way you do. You should be able to add them all to the practical. No need to delete each and every one and redo everything. Go to each place you added them and delete them from the Child Nodes on the cTransformNode tab then commit. Go to the practical>cTransformNode tab and add them all to the Child Nodes there. I noticed that there is nothing in that box, so remember that 0x0001 goes in the Unknown 1: box or your game WILL crash. And remember that 0x000000XX goes in the Child Index: box. (XX being your numbers, which I believe start with 2E?) If you do it that way, all your entries for x,y,z will still be there and you won't have to redo them all. Commit. Save. Check in game. Should work now. :)

One other thing: I noticed you have 2 as the I7 value for all the slots in the SLOT file? At the moment I can't remember what 2 is (what the slot will hold) but if you use 8 the slots will be able to hold most objects.

Thayet
17th Sep 2012, 2:00 AM
Ah, I'll admit I sort of glazed over the part with all the details of the slot list. Thank you so much for the help! I'll fix those missing steps. Thank you! :)

eta: that completely fixed it, I don't know why I didn't understand that part, I'm just super slow. Thanks again!

mustluvcatz
17th Sep 2012, 5:10 AM
Yay! Glad it's fixed and you're welcome. :)

Mistakes happen- I still make them and adding slots is something I've been doing quite a while now.