PDA

View Full Version : How to commit in SimPe

Krabaten59
14th Sep 2012, 5:32 PM
So, I'm tryiing to make this outdoor lamp and firstly cloned a lamp to go on the ground/terrain and got some valuable help from HugeLanatic as to get the texture to work. But as I couldn't get my glass part working correctly, I finally thought: oh well, I'll clone it off the Buckaroo fence light and edit the placement instead, and I'm trying. I read Numenor's tut on changing object replacement and I have at least half an idea what to do where (Function init) but the thing is -I can't get SimPe to allow me to commit my change. The commit button in Function init remains greyed out

Ive tried looking into other objects just to see if would always be greyed out and it appears to be... *scratches head*

Honeywell
14th Sep 2012, 5:45 PM
It'll be greyed out until you make a change. Once you edit it you'll have the option to commit -- in fact SimPE will pop up a warning box if you don't commit.

Krabaten59
14th Sep 2012, 6:37 PM
Thanks for anwering!
I did make a change though. I edited one of the function inits - from 'clear flag' to 'set flag'...I need to do something more for it to count as a change...?

Honeywell
14th Sep 2012, 6:41 PM
No, that would be enough. If you haven't already, go ahead and try to make your change again and if it still doesn't work if you attach your file I'd be happy to help you with it.

Krabaten59
15th Sep 2012, 4:11 PM
Thank you, Honeywell, I think I will take you up on that offer. I still can't get SimPe to allow me to commit when making changes in the Function inits. So here's my file.

It's cloned off the Buckaroo fence lamp, because I've made a lamp from that (to actually go on the fence) that worked as I wanted lookwise, so what I need is for this "twin" to be able to sit on the ground.

I've done a fair share of objects previously, but it's my first time to attempt to roame about in this part of a mesh, so maybe it's all to do with me trying to do things, that I'm not clever enough to do.

But I'd like to know how even if I don't ever get to share this lamp with anyone ;)

Honeywell
15th Sep 2012, 6:14 PM
I see what the problem was -- you can't update the BHAVs from that screen. Or at least if you can I don't know how to.

When you click on the blue "view BHAV" button if you want to make changes you need to import those BHAVs into your package. On the bottom right of the screen choose "import as private". Once you do that the BHAV will show up under the Resource List and you can click on it and make any of the changes you need to. I've gone ahead and made the necessary changes to your light so you can see what I did but if my explanation didn't make sense let me know and I'll take some screenshots for you.

It's a beautiful light btw so I hope you do share them! :)

Krabaten59
15th Sep 2012, 7:28 PM
Oh, I see! Stupid me, I didn't relate to that possibility :lol: I was so focused on the 'commit' butto!
I see in SimPe the changes you've made and I say thank you very much, you're a gem!
I'll go in game now and watch my lamp stand proudly on the ground, lol!

Honeywell
15th Sep 2012, 7:35 PM
You're welcome. :) And it wasn't stupid at all -- there's a commit button on that screen, it should work! lol

Krabaten59
16th Sep 2012, 7:38 AM
The lamp stands on the ground just as I wanted it to! It will be shared at Anno Sims at some point as part of a group project we start there soon. Thanks again for your help :)