PDA

View Full Version : Awake - TV Series

VerDeTerre
26th May 2012, 4:50 AM
Has anyone been following the series Awake? I am so very confuzzled by the last episode and wanted to hear what others thought happened at the end. Is the Michael now insane? Has he created a third reality or is this the actual, real reality? If it is real, why did he have the other two realities. My mind is bent.... :blink:

CmarNYC
6th Jun 2012, 11:02 AM
I really loved Awake. Yeah, the last ep ended on a sort of cliffhanger meant to keep us puzzled until next season, but since it's been cancelled we'll never see the resolution. :( Going from interviews with the producer, the third reality might have been a sort of temporary escape for Michael but the other two would still continue with Michael having a relationship with Rex's coach in green world while Hannah gets pregnant in red world.

VerDeTerre
6th Jun 2012, 8:28 PM
I didn't realize Hannah got pregnant or that it was a possibility since they were focusing on the grandchild. Interesting...

Thanks for your thoughts. It would be cool if they could continue the series and bizarre if they kept the original (red/green) realities and wove in the third. Someone suggested to me that the other parts were all a dream and that he finally woke up. But that didn't really make sense, unless it was the weird way he handled the accident or some trauma that we don't know about.

After Downton Abby, I think this is some of the best television to have come about in the last few years.

CmarNYC
7th Jun 2012, 3:02 PM
Yeah, those were plans for next season, which isn't going to happen now. The show got very good reviews but didn't do well in the ratings. Typical. The same producer guy said they intended for only one reality (red or green) to turn out to be real, although the writers hadn't yet decided which one. As I recall there were scenes in which Michael was not present only in red world, so that might be a clue that red world was real. Or not. :) Gah, when Netflix gets it I'll have to watch the series again.