PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Tim Burton movies and/or short films?

prettysims101
17th Apr 2012, 2:19 AM
Share your favorite movies and short films by Tim Burton.
My favorite movie right now is Corpse Bride. The ending was bittersweet, but I loved the film overall (I'm also fond of Victor/Victoria :luff: ). For being a stop-motion film, the animation is smoother than any other that I've seen so far.
My f'avorite short from him is Vincent. It's really creepy, but facinating at the same time.

smorbie1
17th Apr 2012, 11:41 PM
Best Tim Burton movie is Sweeney Todd!

RoseCity
18th Apr 2012, 1:01 AM
^ Smorbie, I've never seen Sweeney Todd the film - I'm adding it to my netflix.

My favorite Tim Burton film (I haven't seen them all) is Ed Wood. I also like Beetlejuice and Sleepy Hollow - like the funny take on the afterlife in Beetlejuice and the art direction in Sleepy Hollow.

smorbie1
18th Apr 2012, 1:19 AM
^ Smorbie, I've never seen Sweeney Todd the film - I'm adding it to my netflix.

My favorite Tim Burton film (I haven't seen them all) is Ed Wood. I also like Beetlejuice and Sleepy Hollow - like the funny take on the afterlife in Beetlejuice and the art direction in Sleepy Hollow.

I hope you enjoy it. It's truly great. But be aware that it is a musical. :lovestruc

Obey
18th Apr 2012, 2:36 AM
The Nightmare Before Christmas,Alice in Wonderland and Corpse Bride are all good ones. :)

smorbie1
18th Apr 2012, 3:08 AM
Meh - didn't care for Alice in Wonderland. But I did love Ed Wood. Johnny Depp and Tim Burton work quite well together, don't they?

Spitfire Mouse
18th Apr 2012, 11:18 PM
He worked on "The Black Cauldron" as a concept artist and I've always loved that movie.

As for his movies, without a doubt "Nightmare Before Christmas" is my favorite though he only produced, not directed.

But I also really, really enjoyed "9" (again, only produced), "Big Fish", "Sleepy Hollow", and "Alice in Wonderland".

I'm looking forward to his version of "Dark Shadows" and "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter" (only producing on this one, too). They both should be entertaining. :D

I had desperately hoped he would work with Neil Gaiman (or the other way around?, not sure how that works) on "The Graveyard Book", oh well.

lipe2k
19th Apr 2012, 1:54 PM
My favorites are Batman and Edward Scissorhands. I couldn't choose one of them, since I grew up watching those two movies!

smorbie1
19th Apr 2012, 2:13 PM
Oh, I forgot Batman! I loved that one. I also loved Beetlejuice.

Bodhie
19th Apr 2012, 7:53 PM
My favorite movie right now is Corpse Bride.

Mine too ! Stealing christmas was fun , but Corpse Bride was really good . Beetljuice ! Beetljuice ! Beetljuice ! OMG! The 2 Epics song and the movie are EPIC . :anime:

Briana2425
19th Apr 2012, 10:30 PM
Didn't he make a movie called Coroline but my favorites. BATMAN Nightmare before Christmas and Corpse Bride

Briana2425
19th Apr 2012, 10:34 PM
And I forgot Charlie and the Chocolate factory Johnny Depp. Played Willy Wonka

Spitfire Mouse
20th Apr 2012, 12:09 AM
Didn't he make a movie called Coroline

No, Tim Burton had nothing to do with "Coraline".

Where everyone gets confused is that the ads always stated "from the director of 'The Nightmare Before Christmas'" and I believe banking on the masses being confused about who that was.

Henry Selick was the director of "The Nightmare Before Christmas", Tim Burton was producer and writer.

Henry Selick directed and wrote the screenplay for "Coraline" with Neil Gaiman's input.

However, Henry Selick and Tim Burton worked on "Nightmare" and "James and the Giant Peach" together which is why it's confusing.

"Coraline" was a great, too, and Henry Selick was hand picked by Neil Gaiman to make his book into the movie.

missU
21st Apr 2012, 2:07 PM
the corpse bride and the nightmare before christmas :bunny:

Phoeberg
21st Apr 2012, 9:10 PM
I love Beetlejuice! But I do have a soft spot for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory too.

To be honest I was slightly disappointed by Alice in Wonderland, but I don't know if that's because I love the original novel, and perhaps the fact that I saw the movie in 3D which I'm not a fan of.

Rawra
21st Apr 2012, 11:24 PM
Alice In Wonderland and Nightmare Before Christmas, of course.

KKiryu007Joker
30th Apr 2012, 6:24 PM
I love almost all of them with the exception of Alice in Wonderland.. I also don't expect to like Dark Shadows after seeing the trailer. I loved Sweeney Todd, Batman 1989, Batman Returns, Nightmare Before Christmas, Edward Scissorhands, and many others of his, such as Frankenweenie.

simbalena
1st May 2012, 10:53 AM
Well he's done a lot of good things and I haven't seen all his films but my favourite has to be Peewee's Big Adventure.

Paging Mr. Herman! Mr. Herman, you have a telephone call at the front desk!

KKiryu007Joker
1st May 2012, 12:39 PM
Well he's done a lot of good things and I haven't seen all his films but my favourite has to be Peewee's Big Adventure.

Paging Mr. Herman! Mr. Herman, you have a telephone call at the front desk!

I didn't even know he directed that till just now. That's a great movie.

vhanster
4th May 2012, 11:08 AM
Batman? Wasn't that a Chris Nolan movie?

Dahlilia
5th May 2012, 8:38 PM
Nightmare before Christmas, definitely!!! Heck, I like them all :lol: , especially when Johnny Depp's in the too!
Speaking of Johnny Depp, did anyone else see the ad for the Dark Shadows movie? I thought it sounded good, but that's my opinion...

RoadRageBarbie
5th May 2012, 9:39 PM
I really like that Tim Burton movie with Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham-Carter.