PDA

View Full Version : New MTS chat!

HystericalParoxysm
8th Apr 2012, 5:30 PM
If you were a regular in our old IRC-based chat, you may have noticed it, um, hasn't been working lately. Because of ongoing issues with the IRC chat (and the fact that it cost us money!), we've now switched over to a shiny new browser-based chat! It has some neat new features, and because it's PHP-based, Delphy will be making some modifications in the coming weeks that will make it even better!

You can access the chat here: MTS Chat! (http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=MTS2:Chat)

If you weren't a regular in the old chat, you are still more than welcome to join us in the new chat! We'd love to see some new faces! Please just make sure to read the chat rules first (on the link above).

Have fun, and happy simming!

porkypine
10th Apr 2012, 5:22 AM
Much easier to get into than the old chat.. except the people were complaining that their text color options were nixed by Delphy. lol. (I wonder what they were doing before I had a chance to peek in. ;0) )

HylianWolf
17th Apr 2012, 5:47 PM
very cool, now i can talk to other simmers :D

MidnightTrain
20th Apr 2012, 2:35 AM
Hello all

MachoProductions
22nd Apr 2012, 6:37 AM
the chats r boring.

HystericalParoxysm
22nd Apr 2012, 8:23 AM
So's your mom in bed.

RikkuRanaeUchiha
4th Jan 2013, 9:17 AM
Hey I have a quick question does anybody have windows 8

simsample
4th Jan 2013, 4:34 PM
Yes, lots of people do.

Ruedii
5th Jan 2013, 2:26 PM
I noticed the Wiki is awfully slow today.

Does this have anything to do with it.

As a note, there are plenty of free Java-based IRC chat clients out there (and plenty of servers that will let you have a free chat room).

I'm not sure but there may be some flash-based ones as well, but I've been part of the push away from Flash, as even Adobe is wanting to phase it out now in favor of JavaScript/HTML5. Unfortunately, JavaScript cannot access the IRC protocol at this time, so you are stuck with Java.

Ghost sdoj
5th Jan 2013, 5:44 PM
Considering that this thread was made back in April, I doubt that the new chat has anything to do with the wiki being slow today.

The new chat is actually quite nice. I doubt that there is going to be another change any time soon.

wrzosowemarzenia
29th Jan 2013, 11:03 AM
Oh is so silence here :( Hello, everyone is here?

googlegames
7th Feb 2013, 11:32 AM
ya .. many here :beer:

jisgr8
6th Feb 2016, 9:46 PM
why doesn't someone just close the thread?

jisgr8
6th Feb 2016, 9:47 PM
i'm looking for sims chat? still haven't gotten an answer?...would be nice?!

Inge Jones
6th Feb 2016, 10:39 PM
I hope you find it :)

LadyAwesome
4th May 2016, 3:18 AM
What happened to the chat? Its dead! the wiki wont work either.

maybesomethingdunno
4th May 2016, 3:32 AM
What happened to the chat? Its dead! the wiki wont work either.

Have you seen this post (modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=574919)? We are using Discord now. :)