PDA

View Full Version : Mod The Sims, now Celebrity Endorsed!

MTS2Staff
1st Apr 2012, 5:57 AM
We at MTS have long been considering the merits of celebrity endorsement as they relate to sites like this one. There are benefits and disadvantages to be considered, but with EA's recent release of the Katy Perry special edition Showtime expansion pack, it has become clear that the time is ripe.

As you can no doubt imagine, it is incredibly challenging to find a suitable celebrity for a site as big and broad-ranging as this one. We considered popular culture icons like Justin Bieber and Rebecca Black, whose cutting-edge creativity and originality are what our creators strive for. We also considered more classic television stars like Dirk Benedict or Daniel J. Travanti, whose long lived careers could represent the site's timelessness and longevity. We even considered sporting professionals like Steven Bradbury, to celebrate our premier position as leaders of the modding community pack. But after much discussion, it became quite clear to the staff that there is only one person who could truly represent the full and complete amazingness that is this site.

We had to seek celebrity endorsement from the one and only Chuck Norris.

http://www.modyourpanties.com/hosting/35060_120401010609CHUCK.jpg

Chuck is a big fan of video games, even though he always wins them. Sometimes he wins them even before they've finished loading, because he's just that good. He has won at all the Sims games, without even using testing cheats. He got to the finish screens and everything.

As our celebrity representative, Chuck Norris will have a significant role to play in the long term plans for MTS. If you keep an eye out, you may even spot a few of the improvements which have already been made to the site at his behest! These are only the first of many changes, of course. Eventually, we expect Chuck's amazing personality to become just as important to MTS as the Sims games themselves are!

To celebrate this very exciting development, our Featured Creators and Staff have been preparing a selection of Chuck Norris themed content to be released periodically throughout the day. You can see these amazing creative works as they are released here:
http://modthesims.info/browse.php?tag=Chuck+Norris&gs=0

As you can imagine, we're all very excited about this, and we hope you'll enjoy our new celebrity tie-ins. And seriously, Chuck Norris!

Chuck!

Norris!

Let us know what you think! Share in our excitement with us! Celebrate the awesomeness that is Chuck!

Echo
1st Apr 2012, 6:12 AM
Best celebrity tie in ever! And so relevant! :D

maybesomethingdunno
1st Apr 2012, 6:19 AM
So exciting! :D The best for the best Sims site!

leefish
1st Apr 2012, 6:25 AM
HAH - Take THAT Katy Perry and EA.

armiel
1st Apr 2012, 6:26 AM
Chuck Norris does not walk to ice cream van to buy ice cream - they home deliver.

Wait, do Chucks eat ice cream, or do they just kick it?

fanseelamb
1st Apr 2012, 6:27 AM
This is amazing. I LOVE Chuck Norris! Welcome, Chuck! :bunny:

Echo
1st Apr 2012, 6:29 AM
Wait, do Chucks eat ice cream, or do they just kick it?

I imagine he would eat the ice cream, then round house kick the cone. But that's just speculation. We'll have to ask him next time we have an official Norris/Staff meeting.

abbagirl
1st Apr 2012, 6:30 AM
Nice April Fool's trick! (?)

ellacharmed
1st Apr 2012, 6:33 AM
*runs off to look for a chucknorrisroundhouseIceCreamTruck mod.

Thanks for the idea, Armiel & Echo!

Chuck Norris
1st Apr 2012, 6:49 AM
Are you mad, abbagirl? No one fools Chuck Norris and lives.

KiaraRawks
1st Apr 2012, 6:53 AM
Nice April Fool's trick! (?)

I'd honestly think so. This does not seem believable. Just like the paris hilton pregnancy rumor. <--- that one had me like "No F&&%&^&* way is that even possible." lol

Although lbr though, the image of Chuck Norris round house kicking a unicorn is priceless and very well done.

Chuck Norris
1st Apr 2012, 6:57 AM
The image of Chuck Norris round house kicking a unicorn is priceless and very well done.

I like my meat rare. That's why I only eat unicorn.

mustluvcatz
1st Apr 2012, 7:01 AM
Paris Hilton pregnancy rumor?? I missed that one! April Fool's trick? What is this..ohhhh, that's the day I find a fake (at least I hope it's always been fake) spider in my oatmeal in the morning! It's believable. I mean- seriously. Do you really think we'd go through all the trouble we've gone through (and believe me, there's been some tense moments and almost-roundhouse-kicks this last month) just to play a trick? Besides- Chuck spoke. When he speaks we listen. How do you think that unicorn showed up in game so that screenshot could be taken? Chuck told it to. :)

G.O.C.
1st Apr 2012, 7:02 AM
I like my meat rare. That's why I only eat unicorn.
I bet you use the horn as a tooth pick, don't you Chuck? :king:

Chuck Norris
1st Apr 2012, 7:05 AM
I bet you use the horn as a tooth pick, don't you Chuck? :king:

I don't need toothpicks. Food isn't brave enough to get stuck in my teeth.

G.O.C.
1st Apr 2012, 7:15 AM
I don't need toothpicks. Food isn't brave enough to get stuck in my teeth.
I should have known that! :faceslap:

I would like to welcome and thank you for endorsing our site! :up:

Morphead
1st Apr 2012, 7:16 AM
Lulz all around.

Black Zekrom
1st Apr 2012, 7:20 AM
I'm afraid downloading all those item....
*looks very supicious...*

sweetswami77
1st Apr 2012, 7:27 AM
Suspiciously awesome? Right you are!

Welcome, Mr. Norris! You have proven to be an unending supply of inspiration for us. I just hope that we don't displease you with our meager offerings and find ourselves on the business end of your foot!

bbc100
1st Apr 2012, 7:40 AM
Ok... I might download some Chuck Norris items when my internet resets or when something worth downloading (to me) shows up? Ok? And it is whenever shows up first. Prob's internet!

Chuck Norris
1st Apr 2012, 8:00 AM

These items are Chuck Norris approved. You should be afraid of not downloading them.

anak_ponti
1st Apr 2012, 8:03 AM
Always a big fan of Chuck Norris

Sims99Fanatic
1st Apr 2012, 8:09 AM
This reminds me of that facebook poll that showed up on the ads section for a very long time. "What's manlier than Dr. Pepper 10? 1. Chuck Norris 2. Nothing. Of course the results of the poll were Chuck for a landslide.

Inge Jones
1st Apr 2012, 8:13 AM
Excellent! I first developed my crush on Chuck Norris when I was looking for a good exercise machine and found him advertising the TotalGym on daytime shopping TV channels :)

Miuki
1st Apr 2012, 8:13 AM
It's just too amazing! :beer:

Buzzler
1st Apr 2012, 8:49 AM
It's good to have you, Chuck Norris, sir! And thanks for not roundhouse kicking us when the deadline drew closer!

porkypine
1st Apr 2012, 10:02 AM
Yes Chuck! We hope our offerings of humble obeisance to your glorious furry mastery are worthy of your consideration and endorsement!

tish85
1st Apr 2012, 10:20 AM
hahaha text and picture makes me laugh SO hard, good idea

Shilene
1st Apr 2012, 10:31 AM
It's Rebecca Black, not Jessica Black xD

mustluvcatz
1st Apr 2012, 10:41 AM
It's Rebecca Black, not Jessica Black xD

Well, there you go. Proof that every celebrity before Chuck was just a fleeting thought. :) Nobody else could match his awesomeness and we were all so overwhelmed that nobody is really sure of the names of those considered before him.

Nysha
1st Apr 2012, 10:51 AM
Chuck Norris doesn't get people's names wrong - he unilaterally rechristens them...

G.O.C.
1st Apr 2012, 11:48 AM
Chuck Norris doesn't get people's names wrong - he unilaterally rechristens them...
He don't like it? He rechristens you!! Awesome!! :king:

Ghost sdoj
1st Apr 2012, 11:51 AM
Mr. Chuck Norris, sir, thank you for coming here.

And to the staff:
I love Chuck Norris! Thank you for inviting him!

Chuck Norris
1st Apr 2012, 11:53 AM
Chuck Norris doesn't get your name wrong. Your parents gave you the wrong name when you were born.

armiel
1st Apr 2012, 11:56 AM
Welcome Sir Norris.

/me offers an unicorn flavored ice cream

Vampire_aninyosaloh
1st Apr 2012, 12:23 PM
There is not ctrl button in Chuck Norris' computer, Chuck Norris is always in control! http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/122/5/5/chuck_norris_by_fyi_sus-d3ff08b.gif

Chuck Norris
1st Apr 2012, 12:25 PM
There is not ctrl button in Chuck Norris' computer, Chuck Norris is always in control!

There is also no "escape" key. There is no escape from Chuck Norris.

Vampire_aninyosaloh
1st Apr 2012, 12:28 PM
Oh my goodness! You achieved the space pony achievement! Are you gonna eat it?

NixNivis
1st Apr 2012, 12:35 PM
You're announcing this endorsement just as I've started building a Chuck Norris world in TS3? Seriously?? :blink: I can't believe it - only of course I should believe it. We are, after all, talking about Chuck Norris. Hail to the Chuck! :lovestruc

FurryJackal
1st Apr 2012, 12:36 PM
:beer: Epic celebrity endorsement! I I for one welcome our new Churck Norris overlord! *nods sagely*

putowtin
1st Apr 2012, 12:45 PM
Nearly died laughing at all these comments
"Chuck Norris doesn't need to breath, he holds air hostage!"

missy harries
1st Apr 2012, 12:57 PM
April Fools!
P.s. I really do love chucks pajamas......

:wtf:

Vampire_aninyosaloh
1st Apr 2012, 1:01 PM
Chuck Norris doesn’t need to swallow when eating food

Black Zekrom
1st Apr 2012, 1:39 PM
Chuck Norris doesn’t need a keyboard to type a reply

arathea
1st Apr 2012, 1:44 PM
What a great celebrity for a great day! :rofl:

Chuck Norris
1st Apr 2012, 1:47 PM
Oh my goodness! You achieved the space pony achievement! Are you gonna eat it?
Chuck Norris doesn't eat space ponies. He invented space ponies by kicking regular ponies into space.

Simmiller
1st Apr 2012, 1:51 PM
Superheroes dress as Chuck Norris for Halloween!

We are not worthy.

cameranutz2
1st Apr 2012, 2:17 PM
Finally...a celebrity endorsement that kicks ass! Well done MTS! :beer:

rockergrrl37203
1st Apr 2012, 3:27 PM
I come to this site this beautiful Sunday morning and what do I see? Chuck Norris kicking a unicorn in the face! :up:

SingleClawDesigns
1st Apr 2012, 3:37 PM
is this an april fools thing? Because if not..... well I might seriously have to start thinking about posting elsewhere.

maybesomethingdunno
1st Apr 2012, 3:46 PM
is this an chuck norriss thing? Because if not..... well I might seriously have to start thinking about posting elsewhere.

The Sims is all about celebrity tie-ins and endorsements now. Celebrities and corporate partnerships as far as the eye can see! So it only makes sense that Sims websites have them too. Wherever else you might go, though, they won't have as good of a celebrity! Chuck Norris is awesome so stick with the best! ;)

Chuck Norris
1st Apr 2012, 3:53 PM
You would be the fool to post on websites not endorsed by Chuck Norris!

The Regal Sim
1st Apr 2012, 3:59 PM
LOL XD well i like him better than katy perry, I just hope he likes historical stuff :p

Chuck Norris
1st Apr 2012, 4:02 PM
LOL XD well i like him better than katy perry, I just hope he likes historical stuff :pChuck Norris causes the "historical" in historical stuff.

Kathy Selden
1st Apr 2012, 4:24 PM
I have my birthday at the same day as Chuck Norris :king:

Carolyns-Mewmix
1st Apr 2012, 4:26 PM
I was beginning to wonder if MTS would ever go in the wrong direction. Now I know that they are so, so right.

Jaguwar
1st Apr 2012, 4:41 PM
OMG! Can I take a moment to thank all the creators who came up with what is undoubtedly GREAT content?!?!?! You guys worked HARD and worked WELL and it's really, truly, worthy of the "OSSIM" title! Nice work guys and gals!

The Regal Sim
1st Apr 2012, 4:44 PM
Chuck Norris causes the "historical" in historical stuff. I am amazed :P

Since your on here maybe i can get a word out now and then :lol:

BTW chuck check my site out and let me know what you think :) http://regalsims.blogspot.com/

Chuck Norris duke of Norrisville :king:

Chuck Norris
1st Apr 2012, 5:09 PM
BTW chuck check my site out and let me know what you think :)Chuck Norris doesn't check websites. He roundhouse kicks the nearest landline. Also your site hasn't nearly enough Chuck Norris for Chuck Norris to approve.

efolger997
1st Apr 2012, 5:28 PM
Congrats on getting such an awesome celebrity endorsement! ;) And how could Chuck not approve of MTS? :)

The Regal Sim
1st Apr 2012, 5:36 PM
Chuck Norris doesn't check websites. He roundhouse kicks the nearest landline. Also your site hasn't nearly enough Chuck Norris for Chuck Norris to approve. Do a 18th century movie and then maybe i will make something for you to approve :jest:

aaries16
1st Apr 2012, 5:58 PM
OMG, you guys got me again! This site is amazing I love that you have something crazy that f's up the site the same time every year.

sushigal007
1st Apr 2012, 5:58 PM
This is beautiful. I especially love the pop-ups that tell me random facts about Chuck Norris.

Louma37
1st Apr 2012, 6:17 PM
lolz, loving the costum title for the posters around =D

Chuck Norris
1st Apr 2012, 6:28 PM
Do a 18th century movie and then maybe i will make something for you to approve :jest:Chuck Norris bought ice cream from an ice cream truck once. Fun fact: he paid with an icy glare that powers the truck's cooling system to the current day. The vendor accidently gave Chuck Norris lemon instead of vanilla. Since it was an honest mistake, Chuck Norris didn't roundhouse kick him. Instead Chuck Norris punched him 250 years back to the past. That move is now known as the 18th century move.

katierose33
1st Apr 2012, 6:35 PM
wellll Chuck Norris is awesome but I am smelling an April fools day joke just a bit.....like last years tool that made easy meshes.....just from a picture. BUT I love Chuck Norris because he is just that freakin awesome.....
Just to be on the safe side.....All hail Walker Texas Ranger......Best tv show ever

mustluvcatz
1st Apr 2012, 6:48 PM
Well. About that tool? It was decided that it would wreak too much havoc if released to the simming community at large. So it's been kept under lock and key in the sekri..oh, um.. what I meant to say is that: Yes, it was all a joke. Last year, that is. This year remains to be seen. :)

katierose33
1st Apr 2012, 6:51 PM
Well considering that some of my words were changed to Chuck Norris I would say yes BUT hey like I said Chuck Norris is awesome.

Nysha
1st Apr 2012, 7:16 PM
Chuck Norris actually endorses MTS. Why else would he be posting here personally? :)

Lunararc
1st Apr 2012, 7:23 PM
C'mon guys I think its the first of April ,Chuck Norris is trolling in his comments + the stuff and he wont our celebrity representative for free 0.o anyway great job guys and if this news are true my next projects will be for Chuck Norris. cya guys ;) and he beats Katy Perry hardly lol

fredericwb
1st Apr 2012, 7:28 PM
C'mon guys I think its the first of April ,Chuck Norris is trolling in his comments + the stuff and he wont our celebrity representative for free 0.o anyway great job guys and if this news are true my next projects will be for Chuck Norris. cya guys ;) and he beats Katy Perry hardly lol

Indeed - a very good April Fool's joke. They don't celebrate it where I am, so I fell for it instantly. :gjob:

Suncat
1st Apr 2012, 7:30 PM
Day after day, year after year, the MTS folks give me reasons to keep coming back. Seeing Chuck Norris' endorsement, how could I do anything else?

Effelenn
1st Apr 2012, 7:41 PM
Hate the fun fact pop-ups, hate the new ranking system, hate deifying Chuck Norris. :|

fredericwb
1st Apr 2012, 7:43 PM
Hate the fun fact pop-ups, hate the new ranking system, hate deifying Chuck Norris. :|

It will probably be gone tomorrow. :rofl:
If not, I could care less - it's pretty win.

maybesomethingdunno
1st Apr 2012, 7:45 PM

Aw, that's too bad. I'm guessing you won't be interested in the lock of Chuck Norris's beard, then? At only 200,000,000,000,000 MTS points in the MTS Sim Store it's quite the bargain!

mustluvcatz
1st Apr 2012, 7:56 PM
What I'd like to know is this: Am I really the only one who loves Chuck's shoes?

Nysha
1st Apr 2012, 7:56 PM
Just fyi, MTS sim points can be earnt by spamming the bejeezus out of your facebook friends. Alternatively, you can buy them for a bargain 25€ each!

Simonut
1st Apr 2012, 7:59 PM
Give me a Break! This is nothing but a big over the top "April Fool Joke" Bruce Lee would have been far more " Superior" than chuck Norris if he was still around today. Agree or not I do not care.

Just so you know Staff members I do know what going on here ? I know what month this is. :jest: :rofl:

mustluvcatz
1st Apr 2012, 8:13 PM
March? ooo...wait, I forgot to change the calendar...hee hee.

porkypine
1st Apr 2012, 8:47 PM
Give me a Break! Bruce Lee would have been far more " Superior" than chuck Norris if he was still around today. :jest: :rofl:

Have you examined all the content yet? :jest:

eseymour13
1st Apr 2012, 8:55 PM
Happy April_ Fools to you to Mod The Sims

Kathy Selden
1st Apr 2012, 8:57 PM
Oh, I'm so sorry, but...
http://i41.tinypic.com/35c30uo.gif

EDIT: @down: Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn :P
(Well, what? That's just an allusion...)

FadedLB
1st Apr 2012, 9:49 PM
I'm going to be the unpopular opinion person here, and say... you could have DEFINITELY picked a better celebrity than Chuck Norris for the A-p-r-i-l F-o-o-l's joke, MTS.

I'd hate to see MTS become aligned with that bigot.

SIGH edited.

Phink
1st Apr 2012, 10:06 PM
Best. Idea. Ever.

Long live Norris! Long live Norris!

simsample
1st Apr 2012, 10:20 PM
Once again, Chuck Norris kicks Katy Perry to the gutter. :)

Effelenn
1st Apr 2012, 10:28 PM
Oh, that's right! Its the first day of April. :P FEW! You totally had me going, MTS. Nice job. :jest:

KiaraRawks
1st Apr 2012, 11:45 PM
Personally, growing up with a mother who loved the crap out of his show, I honestly just don't get the hype about this man. I don't see the humor or why these Chuck Norris jokes are so popular. meh to each its own tho. Mind you, I know its April 1st, but I'm just saying what I think about the Chuck Norris (memes are they?) lol

BUT the really good joke behind this is I kept coming back to edit my post thinking I typed August when it indeed says April in my edit :rofl:

whoden
2nd Apr 2012, 1:23 AM
Happy Great Ideas Day, everyone.

cmomoney
2nd Apr 2012, 1:39 AM
Joke?!.... You mean this ISN'T real?! :cry:

ne14gzus93
2nd Apr 2012, 2:09 AM
Give me a Break! This is nothing but a big over the top "Chuck Norris Joke" Bruce Lee would have been far more " Superior" than chuck Norris if he was still around today. Agree or not I do not care.

Just so you know Staff members I do know what going on here ? I know what month this is. :jest: :rofl:

Oh my God.

Someone freaking agrees with me that Bruce Lee would be far better at ass-kickery than Norris.

Yes, thank you.

Simonut
2nd Apr 2012, 2:38 AM
Oh my God.

Someone freaking agrees with me that Bruce Lee would be far better at ass-kickery than Norris.

Yes, thank you.

Yes Bruce Lee was the greatest martial-arts master of them all until this very day he is still said to be the best. Infact in Bruce Lee movie "Enter The Dragon" Chuck Norris was just starting his career he was in that movie also, he was in a challenge fight with Bruce Lee in that movie and Bruce Lee Kick his butt from "HereTo Kingdom Come". Norris landed bloody down and out. Bruce Lee is the Best and still is.

NOTE: If you do not know any real history or facts about Bruce Lee and what he's contributed to the world of "Martial - Arts" and the different technical styles that he mixed in his style that was never seen or done before.
Then find out, educate yourself then you will know why until this very day he is still known in the Martial- Art community from the USA To China as the Master of all Master.

Simsdestroyer
2nd Apr 2012, 6:06 AM
This is hilarious, but seriously all you guys did a great job.... Now all we need is an Elton John endorsement. I would so download for the costumes alone!!!

Kestin
2nd Apr 2012, 6:27 AM
Err...I can't come up with a good Chuck Norris joke about the Sims. Oh well. Guess people won't try and fight their suspensions anymore if they know what's good for them :P

...although I guess this means the Happy Llama Butt achievement is gone forever. Damn.

AdonisPluto
2nd Apr 2012, 7:15 AM
Hahahahaha I wish am the one giving that super kick

Lunararc
2nd Apr 2012, 8:02 AM
GUYS now I can officially proof that this is a joke " its too late but I believe in my theories lol ": open the Chuck Norris (http://www.modthesims.info/m/7265094) account that MTS made for him in the Accomplishments tap you will see the achievements of him 60/61 " even they created a new achiev for him lol " EXEPT THE HAPPY GREAT IDEA DAY this achievement was made by the stuff last April's fool 2011 LOL ,Nice try MTS2 you are the best site ever <3<3<3

Princess_Celestial
2nd Apr 2012, 10:57 AM
"We considered popular culture icons like Justin Bieber and Rebecca Black, whose cutting-edge creativity and originality are what our creators strive for."

I'm glad you didn't use Beiber. Chuck is way more fitting. I absolutely hate Beiber to the ends of the Earth.

:lovestruc Chuck Norris :lovestruc

:gjob:

:alarm: -Chuck Norris Doesn't go swimming- water just wants to be around him.
-Chuck Norris split the union with a roundhouse kick.
-Chuck Norris played Russian Roulette with a fully loaded gun and won. :alarm:

AdonisPluto
2nd Apr 2012, 12:37 PM
For those realizing that this is an April fool day joke, am so sorry. But still none the less this was a great prank on us all and I loved it

CatOfEvilGenius
2nd Apr 2012, 1:07 PM
Best Great Idea to date!

gesimz
2nd Apr 2012, 1:43 PM
Can Featured Trophies or Picked Uploads be removed/revoked once applied by Admins/Moderators? I was surprised that all of the Chuck Norris downloads weren't instantly trophy featured or starred picked uploads for that icing on the cake with the chosen theme.

Buzzler
2nd Apr 2012, 2:19 PM
I was surprised that all of the Chuck Norris downloads weren't instantly trophy featured or starred picked uploads for that icing on the cake with the chosen theme.We wouldn't dare. These downloads are Chuck Norris Approved (TM), so Chuck Norris might consider any additional "icing" as offensive.

cameranutz2
2nd Apr 2012, 2:28 PM
GUYS now I can officially proof that this is a joke " its too late but I believe in my theories lol ": ...

Of course it was a joke, and one of the best they've pulled off evah! :bunny: Had me laughing all day just thinking about it.

Johnny_Bravo
4th Apr 2012, 11:50 AM
Chuck Norris doesn't check websites. He roundhouse kicks the nearest landline. Also your site hasn't nearly enough Chuck Norris for Chuck Norris to approve.

Chucks comments aren't always nice, it isn't that hard to check a website, because you're checking MTS, too ;) Knowing you, you can roundhouse kick yourself into the internet.
Zandvoort approves your stay on MTS.