PDA

View Full Version : Showtime is out! Read this before Simporting. ;)

leefish
5th Mar 2012, 10:40 AM
Lights...Camera...Action!! SHOWTIME

6 March is release day (well, for none-Europe at least - Europe has to wait until 9th March)

http://www.modyourpanties.com/hosting/34685_120305033333postheader.jpg

Yay - another EP. But first - before you install, we would like to remind you to prepare your modded game for the new EP.

Follow this handy guide :here: Game_Help:TS3_Preparing_for_the_Next_Patch_Expansion

Game_Help:TS3_Preparing_for_the_Next_Patch_Expansion#Before_Buying_a_New_Expansion
Game_Help:TS3_Preparing_for_the_Next_Patch_Expansion#Remove_Your_Hacks
Game_Help:TS3_Preparing_for_the_Next_Patch_Expansion#Back_Up_Your_Game.21

Not bought it yet? If you have not yet bought/pre-ordered the Showtime EP please consider buying the EP through our Amazon link - it's an easy way to help MTS stay on line.

MTS Amazon Store (http://www.modthesims.info/donate.php?do=store)

The Sims 3: Showtime - Katy Perry Collector's Edition (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0050SYZX0/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=modthesims2-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B0050SYZX0)http://www.assoc-amazon.com/e/ir?t=modthesims2-20&l=as2&o=1&a=B0050SYZX0
The Sims 3: Showtime - Limited Edition (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006D3JT0U/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=modthesims2-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B006D3JT0U)http://www.assoc-amazon.com/e/ir?t=modthesims2-20&l=as2&o=1&a=B006D3JT0U

The Sims 3: Showtime - Limited Edition - AMAZON UK (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B006J5J8LC/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=modthesims2do-21&linkCode=as2&camp=1634&creative=19450&creativeASIN=B006J5J8LC)

The Sims 3: Showtime - Katy Perry Collector's Edition - AMAZON UK ( http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B006YVKTFK/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=modthesims2do-21&linkCode=as2&camp=1634&creative=19450&creativeASIN=B006YVKTFK)

Awww, I can't wait that long....
Are you outside North America but want to try the social features NOW?
Just download the latest patch Patch_Download/Current (http://tinyurl.com/74pasg8)

New Info!
Well, SHT has been out long enough now that folks have had a good chance to muck about with it. The new simport feature seems very cool. :) But there are some things to bear in mind when using it!

Surprise surprise, when one of your friends sends you a sim via Simport, any CC on that sim will end up in your game permanently. Word is that EA are planning a patch to prevent this shortly, but until that arrives, here's an easy way to avoid getting stuck with any broken or unwanted CC:
Before receiving a sim via Simport, backup your DCCache folder! This contains all your installed sims3pack CC
After you've finished playing with the Simport sim, delete your DCCache folder and replace it with the backup. This gets rid of any sims3pack CC that might have piggy-backed along with the sim. :)
You may also want to delete the new files (which should have the same name as the sim) in SavedSims and Downloads, and, if you've sent a sim via SimPort, Exports.
Many thanks to the guys on N99 (http://star​lightsims.yu​ku.com/topic​/60835/Files​-to-delete-a​fter-simport​ing) (registration required) for this info!

haricots
5th Mar 2012, 10:45 AM
I don't know how Europe region has to wait till 9th of March. I can get mine tomorrow already. I'm in Singapore. Hohoho :)

SHOWTIME!!! XD

~MadameButterfly~
5th Mar 2012, 2:51 PM
I love this banner. :D

sweetswami77
5th Mar 2012, 5:03 PM
Is it the 6th where you're at?

leefish
5th Mar 2012, 5:07 PM
Is it the 6th where you're at?

I wrote this up earlier today and as usual there was a general wild flail at the concept of timezones. So I posted it - it will be the 6th somewhere. Right?

/me hopes so

sweetswami77
5th Mar 2012, 5:24 PM
It's the morning of the 5th here, and you got me all excited. Bad fish!

;)

leefish
5th Mar 2012, 5:43 PM
/me edits and hides from the wrath of sweetswami

Yogi-Tea
5th Mar 2012, 6:00 PM
9th of March? Naaaahhh.... it'll be released on the 8th here in Germany... that's enough extra days for us poor Europeans to wait for this EP. :bunny:

sweetswami77
5th Mar 2012, 7:28 PM
/me edits and hides from the wrath of sweetswami

Good because my wrath is terrifying! :bunny:

leefish
5th Mar 2012, 8:47 PM
9th of March? Naaaahhh.... it'll be released on the 8th here in Germany... that's enough extra days for us poor Europeans to wait for this EP. :bunny:

It's all an EA plot to confuse me. At first it was the 8th then it was the 9th and then some regions were the 6th...

I just want the pool table. Jeez.

efolger997
5th Mar 2012, 9:36 PM
I'm finally starting to get a little excited about it. :)
Also, I had no idea MTS had an Amazon store!! When I finally get Master Suite Stuff I'll go there to buy it. :)

Black Zekrom
6th Mar 2012, 2:23 AM
Even I'm not getting Showtime (money problem... :rolleyes: ) But, I still excited about it! :D

ETA:
Its 6th March here in Indonesia... ;)

AdonisPluto
6th Mar 2012, 12:31 PM
I just want the pool table. Jeez.

Same here. I had earlier converted the one from TS2 just for deco in my game and when I saw the show time advert video with the pool table I felt like Tarzan. Will get mine tomorrow

porkypine
7th Mar 2012, 1:30 AM
It's not listed in the MTS store! Will you get credit for it if I go to Amazon? I p-ordered this back in February but it has not shipped yet.... *sigh* typical...

leefish
7th Mar 2012, 4:13 AM
It's not listed in the MTS store! Will you get credit for it if I go to Amazon? I p-ordered this back in February but it has not shipped yet.... *sigh* typical...

We put direct links to the items in the store (see first post) - but yea, I was a bit late off the mark with this one. If you have already ordered then you can't also order from MTS unless you really want two copies.

But thank you for thinking of it and I will try to be a bit more organised for the next EP/SP.

Riptide651
7th Mar 2012, 4:30 AM
hehe, I preordered it 3 hours before the Sixth and EA gave me a free stuff pack to go with it, talk about a deal, the sad thing is since I'm a hard copy person it doesn't come in the mail until the 10th :(

porkypine
8th Mar 2012, 1:42 AM
Riptide. Did they at least mail it yet? Amazon has not shipped mine yet and it's evening of the 7th. So much for pre-ordering and I ordered it back in January, not February! lol Oh well, they'll come out with the bug fix patch by the time it arrives. :P ... That's the plan you see... :giggler:

...reminds self to take all mods and cc out and backup prior to installing. ...

Riptide651
8th Mar 2012, 3:54 AM
Yep I got the email that they sent it at noon today (the 7th) :) It should come by Saturday or Monday (hopefully not, then I wont be able to touch it for an entire week). Great plan, I hope mine fits into the timeframe too :)

AdonisPluto
8th Mar 2012, 10:43 AM
Drooling in the wonder of showtime. Hahaha. Got it yesterday and its awesome.Has two pool table

Nysha
8th Mar 2012, 11:22 AM
Simple things? :D .

leefish
8th Mar 2012, 11:36 AM
Drooling in the wonder of showtime. Hahaha. Got it yesterday and its awesome.Has two pool table

TO THE SHOPS!!!!

/me hurries off to town

porkypine
8th Mar 2012, 4:52 PM

:wtf:

... I think I'm jealous! ...

...... :wtf: ...

.... They haven't shipped mine yet. :wtf: ......

See! So being in the U.S. is NOT a given that we get ours earlier! I should go pick it up at Walmart.. but I won't get my free stuff... :wtf: :lol:

UPDATE! It left the Amazon warehouse at 3:19 EasternTime March 8, 2012 Should get it next week or so....

simaniac_gr
8th Mar 2012, 9:54 PM
Has anyone got it yet? I'm in Europe so probably is not out, but I have some questions before I buy the game. Is Katy Perry edition worth it and what's the difference between the limited edition and the normal one? Oh and one more, does the Katy Perry edition have the features that limited edition has? I'm so confused. Why can't they put all the features into one game?

Nysha
8th Mar 2012, 10:29 PM
The Katy Perry edition comes with a Katy Perry poster and about three extra dresses. You can burn the poster but you're stuck with the dresses, so I suggest not buying it. ;)

leefish
9th Mar 2012, 1:44 AM
The Katy Perry edition comes with a Katy Perry poster and about three extra dresses. You can burn the poster but you're stuck with the dresses, so I suggest not buying it. ;)

Don't forget the high quality plectrums.....

/me would not let those horrors near her guitars

armiel
9th Mar 2012, 1:46 PM
The new patch (1.32) to fix the CC issues is out - whether it works is a different matter ;)

Got my game today and bought Mastersuite on the go too, so much new yay-stuff :D

porkypine
10th Mar 2012, 1:46 AM
Ahhh thanks armiel! I'll get that going tonight....

edited March 10:

LOOKIE WHAT I FOUND! Put it in the store so I can buy it!

It's a Sims3 USB 2.0 mouse that changes color dependant upon your sims plumbbob mood! green, yellow red! It's like CUTE! :call: I wanna get it! so make a link through the store so MTS gets credit for it! pweddy pweaze with cherries and everything! :lol:

http://www.modyourpanties.com/hosting/34764_120310161001mouse.JPG

Nysha
11th Mar 2012, 11:20 AM
The mouse can be ordered for MTS' benefit via this link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0067G55X8/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=modthesims2-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B0067G55X8 :)

leefish
11th Mar 2012, 11:31 AM
Dang I would love to get that mouse =D

Hotlinking is BAD :(

RomerJon17
11th Mar 2012, 11:59 AM
Hotlinking is BAD :(

Sorry that was my fault..... :/

porkypine
11th Mar 2012, 10:35 PM
Thanks! I've removed the link from this thread! I'll get it on payday! :0)

porkypine
11th Mar 2012, 10:48 PM
The mouse can be ordered for MTS' benefit via this link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0067G55X8/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=modthesims2-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B0067G55X8 :)

You may want to look at the MTS store setup. The flow chart is borked with the link you posted.

There's something wrong with either the link (above) or Amazon. The link takes me to Amazon.com's page but when I log in, it loses the item. So I clicked your link, logged in to Amazon and it lost the mouse. ... Did you put it in the MTS store? I'll go look there. NOPE. It does not appear on the main section of the MTS store.

Edit: There IS a problem with the link you gave. When I click on the one above, it takes me to the Amazon page to buy it but once I log in, it loses the item and defaults to what is already in my shopping cart. My suspicion is that when I go to 'find' the item, MTS won't get credit for it.

When I go to the MTS store, neither Showtime OR the mouse are on the page of items in the store. Only Ambitions, High End Loft, Sims3 and World Adventures. Only 3 items at a time appear on the right nav column in the 'Similar Items'. If you click on them, it will bring up the item and the option to put it in the MTS shopping cart. However, to tget that list of 3 'similar items' to change, you have to click on one of them to refresh that column.

If I 'select' a Sims3 item, it will bring up a new set of 3 similar items and eventually I get to the mouse link. You will lose customers because of this. You need to 'feature' (make a direct link) in the MTS Amazon store to the item.

I was able to visit my wishlist items and find the mouse and purchase through in the MTS store. The reality here is too many users will not have the knowledge or tenacitiy to proof that their MTS purchases are actually getting credited to MTS. Just thought you'd want to know about the unexpected 'features'.

http://www.modyourpanties.com/hosting/34780_120311184400store.JPG

Nysha
12th Mar 2012, 12:47 AM
Yes, well, that's what you get for trying to use a thing while we're nuking it and starting again. ;) If you have another look at the normal MTS store page now, the mouse should be listed.

porkypine
12th Mar 2012, 1:51 AM
Waaa~! :cry:

You fixed the UK store but not the US store!

The store allows me to search and put stuff in the cart easily but I don't have pounds ... other than the excess fat type lol (I know, terrible joke. I need :help: )
Also, the EA/Origin authentication is such a touchy-troublesome thing that I wouldn't want the UK region games in my US region games.

Fix the US store, Pwetty pweaze! :bunny:

leefish
12th Mar 2012, 7:14 AM
arggggg....

/me mumbles about Mericuns.

Heck, I will be pleased when we have an NL store. Right now I have to pay the exchange and the shipping. Its cheaper to just bung a tenner in the kitty.

Nysha
12th Mar 2012, 9:14 AM
There's not even an NL Amazon!

leefish
12th Mar 2012, 9:36 AM
There's not even an NL Amazon!

Its coming in June of this year :D

Nysha
12th Mar 2012, 11:49 AM
Oooh! Finally, I hate Amazon DE's anal retentive payment systems... *mutter*

porkypine
12th Mar 2012, 8:12 PM
arggggg....

/me mumbles about Mericuns.

Heck, I will be pleased when we have an NL store. Right now I have to pay the exchange and the shipping. Its cheaper to just bung a tenner in the kitty.

Sowwy. :cry: me nice mericun... :p :D

HystericalParoxysm
12th Mar 2012, 8:14 PM
just bung a tenner in the kitty

Poor Willem - that sounds painful.

porkypine
14th Mar 2012, 7:52 PM
So! Is everyone happy with Showtime? You all got it yet??!

.... Just to let you know. I am STILL waiting for my pre-order to arrive. lol

*** Looking up tracking. OMH! It's in UTAH now. The next state over!

It left Amazon 11pm March 7 and sat in Kentucky until 3pm
It left Kentucky at 3 PM March 8 and arrived in Denver at 5:25 pm March 11. (Wow! 2 1/2 days for a 1 day trip!)
It sat in Denver till 7:34 pm March 11 (At least they booted it out the same day)
It arrived in Salt Lake on March 12 and got lost in their warehouse till Mar 14. They booted it out their door on March 14 at 1:22 am...

(Salt Lake is only a 3 hour drive from here. Do you think they might deliver it today? lol

AdonisPluto
15th Mar 2012, 11:54 AM
So! Is everyone happy with Showtime? You all got it yet??!

.... Just to let you know. I am STILL waiting for my pre-order to arrive. lol

*** Looking up tracking. OMH! It's in UTAH now. The next state over!

It left Amazon 11pm March 7 and sat in Kentucky until 3pm
It left Kentucky at 3 PM March 8 and arrived in Denver at 5:25 pm March 11. (Wow! 2 1/2 days for a 1 day trip!)
It sat in Denver till 7:34 pm March 11 (At least they booted it out the same day)
It arrived in Salt Lake on March 12 and got lost in their warehouse till Mar 14. They booted it out their door on March 14 at 1:22 am...

(Salt Lake is only a 3 hour drive from here. Do you think they might deliver it today? lol

Hahahahahah, the better stop keeping you in suspense and deliver it.

porkypine
15th Mar 2012, 8:35 PM
Hahahahahaha, the better stop keeping you in suspense and deliver it.

Not funny! Waaaa! It arrived in Pocatello, YESTERDAY at 6:45 AM - March 14, 2012 06:45:00 AM Pocatello ID US Arrival Scan It did not get delivered yesterday... I wonder if it will be there tonight when I get home? :lol: Makes you wonder why bother just for a stage? lol I mean like, Someone already made a MOD for it and I still don't have my pre order! :rofl:

EDIT: The tracking says it was DELIVERED TODAY! I may just die of shock! :D Lessee... 7 days later it arrives!

Edit: 6:15 PM March 15, 2012.

IT IS HERE! Installing it now. (Now I can quit whining. :lol: )