PDA

View Full Version : Noooo Rihanna why [M]

GEGNER
21st Feb 2012, 5:08 PM
According to this article, (http://www.vulture.com/2012/02/here-are-the-rihanna-and-chris-brown-collaborations.html) Rihanna and Chris Brown have made two new collaborations together and are apparently hooking up again, after Rihanna was subject to domestic violence from Brown.

Sincerely I'm very surprised. After all the drama going back to him is not only a bad idea but sets a terrible example for young women today.

If you need a reminder oh what Brown did to Rihanna, here is this image:

http://blogs.suntimes.com/sportsprose/rihanna-beating.jpg

Discuss:

-Your reaction
-These collaborations

(By the by, sorry if I'm doing something wrong. This is my first non sims related post here, lulz).

BurgundyStars
21st Feb 2012, 6:15 PM
It's a classic case of the cycle of abuse. Domestic abuse victims often go back to their abusers multiple times before they can really leave for good. It's not uncommon at all but it's still unfortunate.

It seems like she's been too busy putting out a million albums instead of getting the therapy she needed after the assault. I don't know, it just seems obvious to me that Rihanna's not in a stable place mentally or emotionally. She should've taken a good few months to get counseling instead of diving straight into her work.

As for these collaborations, Chris Brown's career will be just fine (I swear he has the most ignorant, misogynistic fan base) while her career will most likely be the one to be negatively impacted. Apparently she did this without her record label's consent, so it'll be interesting to see how that plays out.

There's no proof that they're romantically involved again, but collaborating on two songs is enough to make people wonder. It's disappointing but also quite sad.

Weisskreuz
22nd Feb 2012, 12:24 AM
Why would it matter to me? I'm still anti-chris brown and his shitty fans. I don't need Rihanna to validate my position

What Rihanna does with her life is none of my business (or any of yours). If she forgives him, so be it.

Nice victim blaming though.

@BurgundyStars
Do you know what's she's done since the incident? It's been 3 years and you think she didn't get help? :eyeroll:
Singing is her job, and something that she loves to do. Why is it a problem that she continued to do it? I really think you should stop presuming what's best for other. Especially people that you don' t even know.

BurgundyStars
22nd Feb 2012, 8:22 PM
Why would it matter to me? I'm still anti-chris brown and his shitty fans. I don't need Rihanna to validate my position

What Rihanna does with her life is none of my business (or any of yours). If she forgives him, so be it.

Nice victim blaming though.

@BurgundyStars
Do you know what's she's done since the incident? It's been 3 years and you think she didn't get help? :eyeroll:
Singing is her job, and something that she loves to do. Why is it a problem that she continued to do it? I really think you should stop presuming what's best for other. Especially people that you don' t even know.

Sorry, just because you're not interested in the situation doesn't mean we all have to follow your line of thought. I've been a fan of Rihanna since she first hit the music scene so I do have my opinions about her and I can/will draw my own conclusions about her from watching/reading her interviews, listening to her albums, etc. If you don't like it, too bad. :D

Weisskreuz
22nd Feb 2012, 8:24 PM
I never said I wasn't interested. I just said it's none of your business what she does with her life. Something you don't seem to understand. Just because she's a public figure and you've been following her since her beginning doesn't mean she owes you anything.

BurgundyStars
22nd Feb 2012, 10:59 PM
Where did you get the idea that I think she owes me something? You don't seem to understand. People will gossip and talk about the lives of public figures whether you like it or not. Deal with it.

Weisskreuz
23rd Feb 2012, 12:29 AM
"It seems like she's been too busy putting out a million albums instead of getting the therapy she needed after the assault. I don't know, it just seems obvious to me that Rihanna's not in a stable place mentally or emotionally. She should've taken a good few months to get counseling instead of diving straight into her work. "

You think that putting out albums is something she SHOULDN'T have been doing. You think that instead of being in public doing what she loves she should have been at home "getting help".

Apparently since you know her so well, you think that you have a right to judge her for her decisions. Again, she does has nothing to do with you. She doesn't have to care what her fans think, she doesn't have to care what anyone thinks. Yet you decided to judge her on it. She's doing what is best for her, what helps her. I'm surprised you call yourself her fan, seeing as you don't seem to care about what she decides to do with herself.
If you want to talk about someone lives like they give a shit. Maybe you should educate youself more. What do you really know about her? Ah, i'm going to go with nothing. :)

Stop it and keep supporting her. Don't you think she's had to deal with dissenters these entire 3 years. She doesn't need her fans dissin' her too.

BurgundyStars
23rd Feb 2012, 3:49 AM
LOL, well I'm sorry that that my opinions got you so worked up and annoyed. You're right about one thing: she doesn't have to (and most likely doesn't) care what her fans or people in general think of her recent actions. Can I still "judge her" or have my opinions? Why yes, I do believe so. Like I said before, people will form their own viewpoints on the lives of celebrities and other public figures simply because they can.

I'd love to know when and where I presumed that I knew Rihanna/knew so much about her life. Being a fan for several years =/= that at all. You keep bringing that one up for some reason. But it is quite funny that you're attacking me for thinking I know what's best for her (again, when did I ever say that? It's called having an opinion for a reason) when you're asserting that "She's doing what is best for her, what helps her." I don't know, that sounds a bit hypocritical, don't you think?

Stop twisting my words into things I clearly didn't say or mean. I'm not going to change my opinion simply because you don't like it. If you want to making up implications that aren't even there, that's your problem.