PDA

View Full Version : Modern Coffin

leefish
24th Dec 2011, 12:46 AM
I have been trying to make a modern version of the NL Igor Sleeper (it's a project with fanseelamb so blame her) and I am struggling with the animation of the lid.

In the original coffin the lid is set at a slant, but we wanted to make it a plain rectangular box. All is pretty much fine until the box closes - then the lid is just off - it doesn't close, its at an angle - its a mess.

I have done some snuffling about in the cres, but no real change achieved. I think I may need to edit the animation files somehow or make some changes in the joints.

Help appreciated (I am willing to learn how to hex edit the anims if I have to...)

Honeywell
12th Feb 2012, 7:55 AM
I think I may need to edit the animation files somehow or make some changes in the joints.Lee, I looked at this for a few hours tonight and everything I tried makes me think you need to edit the animation files too. I played around with the animations for a bit and it seems pretty clear you need to work on the parameters for the animations that have joints that are labeled coffindoor_rot. I tried a few edits and the only thing I was able to change was how much the lid was open so I can't say for sure that you'd be able to fix the lid just by editing the animations or not. Not very helpful, I know, but it's the only thing I was able to come up with.

leefish
12th Feb 2012, 8:40 AM
I feared that was so - its a major chunk of the anim as well. I did see something interesting in a chair though so I will look at that - see if I can fudge it. There is a resource in the chair cres that adjusts the anims sort of.

Honeywell
12th Feb 2012, 8:57 AM
Oh, if you can figure out how to add a morph mesh in the bhavs for the lid I'm pretty sure you can just delete all of the lid rotation entries in the animations so your sims will still enter the coffin but the lid won't move. Or in other words, I can edit the get-in animations so they get in the coffin without the lid moving. That was one of the very first things I tried but I couldn't figure out how to edit the bhavs to recognize the morphing animation I tried to add.

leefish
12th Feb 2012, 9:43 AM
oh no - the animations - the lid closing etc - is like a primary thing on this. Taking those out would ruin the object. It varies depending on sim type. Its a very odd object in general.