PDA

View Full Version : Theme Voting!

HystericalParoxysm
19th Dec 2011, 4:42 PM
Hey simmers!

Thanks very much for your suggestions for the next round of site themes! We had a lot of great submissions, and have trimmed them down to these to choose from. Please vote on your favourite themes (you can vote for as many as you want, but obviously, voting for -all- of them is just silly), and the top six will be used for the next six months of site themes. :)

armiel
19th Dec 2011, 7:00 PM
Whee, thank you HP :)

The Regal Sim
19th Dec 2011, 8:57 PM
Well my idea didn't make it :/ and i'm not crazy about the ones that did but i'm going with Great Depression because all the other idea's don't appeal to me XD

We just had an apocalyptic themed Month, which included idea's like run down and worn, why is " Grunge " up there?

CinderEmma
19th Dec 2011, 10:03 PM
Isn't grunge a bit more like rough punkish? Like from the 90's?
I like most of the themes, I hope that even if Elders doesn't make it, somebody add some elder stuff anyway :)

Ghost sdoj
19th Dec 2011, 10:07 PM
Because a lot of people didn't get enough of the run down and worn stuff?

But this does suggest that you should be free to re-work your idea and try again with it next time. (And post early; the longer it's out there the more people there will be who see it and may "agree" with it.)

Faranora
20th Dec 2011, 1:41 PM
The Great Depression would be fun! (Never thought I'd say that) I hope though that if that gets chosen people try and portray what it was like in their country rather than just making American themed uploads.

leefish
20th Dec 2011, 1:47 PM
I really hope Elders makes it into the themes. Heck, I even changed my signature to say Vote for ELDERS.

/lee heads out on the campaign trail....

EleanorElephante
20th Dec 2011, 3:49 PM
Yay! I love all the themes! I personally like the Great Depression and Elder themes the best though. I'm always on the look out for some vintage 20th century styles and sims!

mepwn12
20th Dec 2011, 3:58 PM
too bad there's no christmas theme but owell
guess I'll go with great depression :P

HystericalParoxysm
20th Dec 2011, 4:06 PM
Christmas is in five days - these are the themes for the next 6 months... it'd be a bit silly to have a Christmas theme in there.

mepwn12
20th Dec 2011, 4:33 PM
well thats true :P my bad XD

CatOfEvilGenius
20th Dec 2011, 8:01 PM
leefish - Right there with ya! Of course, I'll be making elder stuff regardless, if I get back to making stuff, but it would be great to have more folks doing the hard work for me! ;) I know they'll have ideas I won't, that's always a plus.

Sim Grandpas Want Your Vote! Don't make them wave their cane at you!

satialer
21st Dec 2011, 7:04 PM
I hope vacations win because I like seeing a vacation on a site but if it does not,then I hope Heroes & Villains win or gaming!!!

Amylet
21st Dec 2011, 9:55 PM
I hope elders will win! :)

Srikandi
22nd Dec 2011, 2:05 AM
I voted for Elders, Gaming and Men, but what I REALLY want is old gamer dudes :)

GeneralGerard
22nd Dec 2011, 2:09 AM
Haha, I guess people really need a vacation, I can agree with that.

Heroes & Villains excites me.

GigaRevival
22nd Dec 2011, 2:09 AM
I voted Elders and Men. They need more content.

I'll give everyone an invisible internet cookie of awesome-ness if they continue voting for one of those two categories. Also, a creepy stranger hug... ya' know; if that's what you're in to. :|

marina33
23rd Dec 2011, 12:20 AM
I hope Rock n Roll gets picked!

Shhh
23rd Dec 2011, 11:09 AM
I'd like Grunge for my poorer Simmies :D All the stuff is clean and modern, i want old dirty stuff.

Toadychan
27th Dec 2011, 6:33 AM
Men and Elders need it desperately and have for ages, so I hope they get in there, haha.

Randir
27th Dec 2011, 11:08 AM
^ That's really true.

SIMpleMinded
27th Dec 2011, 10:12 PM
I voted Men and Heroes and Villains. I agree that there's not enough good stuff for men in general, but I think it's because female creators love designing cool and sexy clothes for women that they wish they could wear themselves, but either can't afford, don't have the bodies for or would never dare to in real life.
And to be honest, we men just want our female Sims looking smoking hot, so we can gauk at them and not get busted for it. I know it sounds sexist, but don't pretend like it's not true! :lol:

Personally, I'd like the next theme to be "The Perfect Thong" because many creators have come close, but not many have actually succeeded. I'm not much of a designer myself and would love for someone else to do it, but it's getting to the point where there are so many close-to-perfect-but-not-quite-there designs that I'm starting to look into creating stuff myself. Don't hold your breath though. I'm a slow learner :help:

gagavisionbetch
29th Dec 2011, 1:28 AM
I agree with the person above!

pagankristy
29th Dec 2011, 6:28 AM
Haha, I like these ideas :) I wish I had a say though, I would like to see an 'alternative' theme, you know, like alternative street fashions, that sorta stuff. There isn't much for my lolita, ganguro and J-rock sims x3

Jonbuddy1
30th Dec 2011, 12:38 AM
I suppose I was being different in choosing 6 themes for the six months? lolfail :faceslap:

Anyways, I thought the Great Depression was a very interesting choice, so I almost immediately voted for that one.

Riptide651
31st Dec 2011, 6:12 AM
So is the Great Depression like - The Roaring 20s?

zhuangjianbin
1st Mar 2012, 9:28 AM
good,thank you