PDA

View Full Version : American Horror Story

PhenethyaSim
15th Dec 2011, 4:51 AM
I was kinda surprised no one posted one of these Any fans here at all?

BTW if you are I'm saying right now I'm a passionate Tate/Violet fan you have been warned but feel free to post if your not. :D

smorbie1
15th Dec 2011, 1:10 PM
OMG, I LOVE this show. last night's episode, when the babies were born, was very good, not as scary as the week before, though. And i am not a Violet fan, though I felt sorry for her last night. it was kind of funny that she was afraid to tell her parents she was dead.

RoseCity
15th Dec 2011, 2:38 PM
It's my favorite show. Thought about starting a thread, but didn't know if anyone else watched. That house is becoming very crowded, but there always seems to be room for one more.
What is wrong with Ben? Strange things have been happening to him, but he never seems to acknowledge them. Has the house affected his brain? And now it's really too late.
There seems to be some significance in the fact that Tate was Ben's patient - because in an earlier episode, Constance told Tate that he had to continue as a patient iirc, and it never became clear why. And then last night, Violet asked him point blank why he became a patient in the first place, knowing that he was dead and all and he said that he needed help, but he seemed evasive or confused.

smorbie1
15th Dec 2011, 9:55 PM
I don't know about Ben; I've been wondering about that since his casual acceptance of Hayden's continued existence in the house.

Did I hear them say that next week is the season finale? They have a lot yet to explain. But, they do a good job of explaining things every week, so I'm sure all will be made clear.

Meanwhile, it's a good thing ghosts don't take up physical space or they'd be standing on top of each other.

Hey, do you think the stillborn baby was already dead, or died at birth, in the house?

RoseCity
16th Dec 2011, 12:33 AM
That's a good question about the baby - I was just assuming he/she died in the house because Nora went off with him/her, but I'm not sure.
Something I thought of today for the first time - how did Constance (and Addie) get off the property and move next door without being added to the ghost roster?
Yes, next week is the season finale - I'll be sorry when it's over.
I'm counting 24 ghosts, not counting Vivian's baby, and counting Vivian and Violet - does that sound right?

smorbie1
16th Dec 2011, 12:54 AM
idk I haven't counted them. I got 28, counting the baby.

I'm only wondering about the baby because the the dark haired gay guy was upset and said they weren't getting a baby after all. That didn't make sense either way because one baby was alive, if that's what he wanted, and the other was dead. Looked like one of those would have made him happy.
I'm guessing Constance, being more evil than the ghosts, was safe. idk, she just doesn't seem to have a problem interacting with them at all, does she. Maybe killing her husband was her offering to the house, or something.

PhenethyaSim
16th Dec 2011, 2:12 AM
Glad to see I'm not alone here and I also am wondering about the still born baby I also want a good look at the live baby they said it was beautiful but the tech at the hospital had a wiggins when she saw it so I waondering whats going on there.

I also Have a theory about tate I'm probably wrong but it seem as if he has some split personaly issues its like he has one dominant personality the psyco killer rapist who was created by the house and the decent human being who likes bird books and violet.

Ben is likely just under the control of the house much in the way others have been he just starting to crack.

RoseCity
16th Dec 2011, 3:24 AM
Didn't the woman who did the ultrasound say the baby had hooves or something? I can't remember now - so much happens.
I was sad that Vivien died - I sort of hoped that she would be able to escape.

I'm only wondering about the baby because the the dark haired gay guy was upset and said they weren't getting a baby after all. That didn't make sense either way because one baby was alive, if that's what he wanted, and the other was dead. Looked like one of those would have made him happy.

I think what happened was when Tate was getting the ring from Patrick and Patrick was beating him up and he said that when Tate killed him, he (Patrick) was about to leave Chad because he was in love with someone else. And Chad heard him. So that's why he no longer wanted the twins. So attempting to do the spell did kind of work, just in an unexpected way.

HystericalParoxysm
16th Dec 2011, 8:52 AM
The ultrasound tech at the hospital did say that - but Vivien would have had other ultrasounds by her regular doctor (the blonde one) as well as in the institution to check the babies' progress. At 6 months they do a standard detailed overall ultrasound to check length of the bones to see the size, head circumference, heart and brain structures, etc., so if the baby had hooves I think they'd be able to see it.

But, then, medical accuracy is not something this show excels at; the immediate cutting the cord with both Violet and the twins is not how it's done.

smorbie1
16th Dec 2011, 11:41 AM
I'd forgotten all about the hooves thing. I hope they explain that.

Tate does seem to be a bit confused about things. He didn't seem to know he was dead there for awhile, and he seems honestly unaware why anyone would be angry with him.
I've been wondering who Ben thought Tate's mom was. He called someone he thought was Tate's mom (not Constance) to tell her he couldn't treat Tate anymore when he discovered Tate wanted to be with Violet.

RoseCity
16th Dec 2011, 5:29 PM
The ultrasound tech at the hospital did say that - but Vivien would have had other ultrasounds by her regular doctor (the blonde one) as well as in the institution to check the babies' progress. At 6 months they do a standard detailed overall ultrasound to check length of the bones to see the size, head circumference, heart and brain structures, etc., so if the baby had hooves I think they'd be able to see it.

But, then, medical accuracy is not something this show excels at; the immediate cutting the cord with both Violet and the twins is not how it's done.
That's true - especially because of the twins she would probably have had multiple ultrasounds.
I think when I gave birth the cord was cut immediately, but that was 20 years ago, and things were undoubtedly different then. I remember I went into each labor having made all these requests and arrangements and somehow every time something totally different would happen.
The whole birth thing was over the top with the doctor and nurses being dead and the large baby and Constance there waiting to snatch him up.

HystericalParoxysm
16th Dec 2011, 5:32 PM
Huh, apparently some doctors do cut it immediately - I was under the impression that they always wait till it's done pulsating (which feels SO weird). That's what my midwives did when my kiddo was born. But yeah, definitely would have had multiple ultrasounds - the doctor in the institution couldn't have known that the bigger baby was ready to come out unless they'd done a very detailed ultrasound.

smorbie1
16th Dec 2011, 7:57 PM
at her age she would also have had amnio, which should have picked up some weird readings from big, hooved(?), evil baby, I would think. But I must admit my experience with evil pregnancies is somewhat limited.

RoseCity
17th Dec 2011, 12:41 AM
Ben is likely just under the control of the house much in the way others have been he just starting to crack.
I have to keep reminding myself that probably no one in that house, be it living person or ghost, is acting like themselves.
I loved the scene with Vivien and Violet when Violet said she was sorry that she lost the baby and Vivien said that she didn't lose her baby (Violet).
I have a feeling it's going to one hell of a season finale. Also I realized that Constance moved next door twice.

HystericalParoxysm
17th Dec 2011, 12:46 AM
I heard an interesting theory about the ghosts elsewhere - that they are essentially amplified versions of their living personalities. So Violet is SuperAngstyTeen, Hayden is extra crazy-horny, Tate is totally bugnuts delusional, the blonde doctor's wife chick is super baby crazy, the gay couple are intensely at each other's throats, Moira is even more slutty, etc... Makes me wonder how Vivien will be.

RoseCity
17th Dec 2011, 2:23 AM
Does anyone have any theories about Marcy, the realtor? Was it ever explained why she said she was sending a 'fluffer' to stage the house and then no living fluffer ever showed up - only Chad?

jhd1189
17th Dec 2011, 8:13 AM
Didn't the woman who did the ultrasound say the baby had hooves or something? I can't remember now - so much happens.
I was sad that Vivien died - I sort of hoped that she would be able to escape.

Did she specifically say anything about the baby having hooves? I thought that all she said was that she had seen the Antichrist. Either way, I guess it'll be explained in the finale. And I agree, I had been pulling for Vivien too! She struck me as the fighter of the family, and I thought that she had the best chance of making it out of the house in one piece.

I heard an interesting theory about the ghosts elsewhere - that they are essentially amplified versions of their living personalities. So Violet is SuperAngstyTeen, Hayden is extra crazy-horny, Tate is totally bugnuts delusional, the blonde doctor's wife chick is super baby crazy, the gay couple are intensely at each other's throats, Moira is even more slutty, etc... Makes me wonder how Vivien will be.

That reminds me of something I've been wondering about Moira--the older Moira appears to be her true personality, but why has she aged? My theory is that it has something to do with her body still being physically on the property, but there must be more to it than that. They still haven't revealed all of the rules for how being a ghost in that house works.

Also, just a few things I've been pondering:

I'm still waiting to find out who Constance's fourth child is, and what on earth happened to him or her. She dropped a hint early on that she had four children and should have stopped after the first, but that's the last that we've heard.

Why do only some of the ghosts disguise their wounds? Chad's neck isn't broken, Tate isn't riddled with bullet holes, and young Moira obviously isn't missing an eye, but the twins still have their throats slashed and Nora has a gaping wound at the back of her head. I can't decide if it has something to do with the way the ghosts see themselves, or if it's just something the show does from time to time for shock value.

WHERE IS THE HARMONS' DOG. :lol:

RoseCity
17th Dec 2011, 2:41 PM
I thought I remembered her saying something about little hooves when she was talking to V in the church, but I'm not going to bet the farm on that - my memory isn't what it used to be. She must've seen something - unless she was some kind of religious fanatic always on the lookout for the Antichrist.
Oh my God, the poor little dog - what happened to her? Maybe one of the ghosts is taking care of her or maybe she's a ghost now too.
The way the ghosts show themselves - I don't understand that. Remember Larry's wife and kids still burnt to a crisp - the wife's head was still glowing like an ember. The ghost personalities seem to consist of their emotions at the time of death and/or their primary concerns in life, but Moira and Tate are special. Moira shows herself 2 ways and seems to be controlled by Constance. The young Moira is physically perfect, and the older Moira just has a funky eye. She only does the slutty act at Constance's bidding, I think. (Hugo was raping her when Constance shot them.) Maybe Violet and Vivien are special now too, and they aren't under the control of Constance.
A ghost I forgot about (although he hasn't been seen yet) is that poor unfortunate exterminator.

smorbie1
17th Dec 2011, 4:12 PM
Yeah, I counted the exterminator in my tally of 28 ghosts. I've been wondering about Constance's first child, too. It'll turn out to be Ben or something like that (LOL).

You know, the amplifying theory is good, I think. It even seemed to apply to the the family. Vivien, super depressed (with reason), Ben, a super-slimey jerk, and Violet, the angst queen. If that's the case, then their emotions must be ammped up before they die, if you get what I mean. Tate, for example, from what we've seen was already very angry and confused, almost dissociative acting.

As for why they appear the way they do, I guess it depends on how they see themselves. Moira sees herself as damaged, so she is. Nora sees herself as a victim, so she appears with a big hole in her head. That's my guess anyway.

jhd1189
17th Dec 2011, 5:10 PM
She only does the slutty act at Constance's bidding, I think. (Hugo was raping her when Constance shot them.) Maybe Violet and Vivien are special now too, and they aren't under the control of Constance.

I don't think she's acting under Constance's bidding... Moira was killed under somewhat false pretenses (she had slept with Constance's husband once, but like you said she was being raped the time that Constance walked in and shot her), and I think that her ghost form is an extreme version of both Constance and her husband seeing her the way they wanted to see her.

I know she... collaborated (:giggler:) with Constance to get rid of that real estate shark, but I don't think she was acting under duress. Constance is intimidating and certainly knows her way around the house, but I don't think she has any kind of supernatural control over anyone in it. I imagine that she wouldn't need Billie Dean if she did.

smorbie1
17th Dec 2011, 7:51 PM
It's clear that Moira, at least, is doing some kind of penitence in the house. But no one else seems to be. Although some of them were innocent like the nurses, many of them seem to have been involved in something nefarious at their death. But it doesn't seem that they are being punished in any way, other than being trapped in the house in the first place.

PhenethyaSim
17th Dec 2011, 8:41 PM
many of them seem to have been involved in something nefarious at their death.

yes I agree that most of them died due to something unsavory they were involved in but I think that other than the doctor/mad scientist guy who built the house none other them were particularly in controle of themselves. I think that the nefarious things they were involved in were typically not their own fault.

Another thing I wondering is why the house is the way it is I kinda assume it is because of all the young pregnant women that where killed there I suppose it could be something else but if it was all those womens ghosts would be there too right? and Quite alot of those women died there didn't they?

smorbie1
17th Dec 2011, 8:49 PM
Don't know how many women died during their abortions. The only one in the house so far is the Black Dahlia

HystericalParoxysm
17th Dec 2011, 8:50 PM
I thought there were only a couple of the pregnant women who actually died there - it was mostly a whole bunch of aborted babies, wasn't it? But I think it's gotta be something else too.

RoseCity
18th Dec 2011, 2:04 AM
Wow, I just realized what the deal is with Constance's 4th child - (maybe everyone already knew except me?)

smorbie1
18th Dec 2011, 1:02 PM
No, what's the deal with her 4th child? I thought it was Addie.

RoseCity
18th Dec 2011, 1:48 PM
I'm not sure if I'm right, but if I'm right, I'll be a spoiler. Maybe I could do the spoiler tag.

Edit: It seemed like a fabulous idea when I was driving home last night, but now I'm having second thoughts. Anyway, Tate is a twin

PhenethyaSim
19th Dec 2011, 2:32 AM
I'm not sure if I'm right, but if I'm right, I'll be a spoiler. Maybe I could do the spoiler tag.

Edit: It seemed like a fabulous idea when I was driving home last night, but now I'm having second thoughts. Anyway, Tate is a twin

that would make some sense but I don't think thats it.

smorbie1
19th Dec 2011, 12:49 PM
hmmmmm...that would explain somethings, but cause more questions, wouldn't it? Like how did both of them die? Why doesn't Constance ever talk about the other one?

And by the by, what was the deal with Billie Dean refusing to even talk with him in the room?

RoseCity
19th Dec 2011, 5:50 PM
I didn't understand that either since Violet was just going to tell him what was said. I wonder if everything will be revealed in the finale or things will be left unexplained for next season.

smorbie1
19th Dec 2011, 10:43 PM
TV.com is reporting that next season will feature a new house, new family, and fresh new story. So, I hope they explain it all and don't leave us wondering.

PhenethyaSim
20th Dec 2011, 4:24 AM
TV.com is reporting that next season will feature a new house, new family, and fresh new story. So, I hope they explain it all and don't leave us wondering.
what? that kinda sucks they better wrap this up like a mummy or I'll be P.O.ed

By the way does anyone know if the finaly is longer than normal.

RoseCity
20th Dec 2011, 5:03 AM
I checked on the FX site and it looks like it's an hour and 10 minutes.

PhenethyaSim
20th Dec 2011, 5:48 AM
I checked on the FX site and it looks like it's an hour and 10 minutes. a whole ten more minutes? woohoo? I just feel like there is no way they can wrap this up proporly in an hour ten not to mention commercials I hope that the site that said this story ends after this season is wrong I've become attached to this story line its one of the best ideas I've seen in a long time an it concerns me that they would risk a new story being a compleat bust.

smorbie1
20th Dec 2011, 2:59 PM
Except as the site pointed out, we already know all the secrets about this house; they've spent a lot of time on that, so after awhile it would become redundant. Also, with almost everyone in the house now dead, except Ben and one of the babies, there aren't a lot of places left for the story to go. I was bummed when I first read that they would be doing a different story next year, but then I got really psyched. There's no limit to what the show could do if it shifts around. The only down part is that Dylan McDermitt won't be there. I kind of enjoyed looking at him.

RoseCity
20th Dec 2011, 3:10 PM
Except as the site pointed out, we already know all the secrets about this house; they've spent a lot of time on that, so after awhile it would become redundant. Also, with almost everyone in the house now dead, except Ben and one of the babies, there aren't a lot of places left for the story to go. I was bummed when I first read that they would be doing a different story next year, but then I got really psyched. There's no limit to what the show could do if it shifts around.

That's so true - they've got an exciting formula here.

The only down part is that Dylan McDermitt won't be there. I kind of enjoyed looking at him.
I was just thinking the same thing! He's the perfect eye candy. I never liked his acting before, but he was great in this role.

jhd1189
20th Dec 2011, 5:13 PM

Where did you see that? I can't seem to find that article anywhere on the site... and anyway, I just read a pretty recent interview saying that even the cast doesn't know who's going to be in Season 2.

There are also still several ghosts that were revealed on the AHS website that haven't been introduced yet--that house still has more stories to tell. (Plus, where on earth would they find a house that's able to replace the one they're currently using?!) Finding a new family doesn't surprise me, though. The original plan was to kill off the main family each season and start over with a new one, and that kind of looks like the direction they're heading in.

smorbie1
20th Dec 2011, 8:01 PM
It was several weeks ago on TV.com. They write an article on the show every week, and that was in one of the articles. I'm not sure how to get you to it, but if you get on the show page and read back several weeks, you should find it. I'm sorry; I'm just not computer savvy enough to get you right to it.

Come to think of it, it might have been in reader's comments and someone reporting something he read on another site. So, it might just be scuttlebutt.
The biggest think the article (or comment) was concentrating on was the fear that the show had given us its best shot this year and next year might be disappointing, like a lot of people felt about Glee. I'm not a Glee fan so I don't know anything about that show and can't comment on that part of it.

PhenethyaSim
21st Dec 2011, 12:00 AM
It was several weeks ago on TV.com. They write an article on the show every week, and that was in one of the articles. I'm not sure how to get you to it, but if you get on the show page and read back several weeks, you should find it. I'm sorry; I'm just not computer savvy enough to get you right to it.

Come to think of it, it might have been in reader's comments and someone reporting something he read on another site. So, it might just be scuttlebutt.
The biggest think the article (or comment) was concentrating on was the fear that the show had given us its best shot this year and next year might be disappointing, like a lot of people felt about Glee. I'm not a Glee fan so I don't know anything about that show and can't comment on that part of it.

well I am worried that net season will suck in comparison but as a Gleek I take minor offense. back on topic I think they should stick with this house I think there is a lot they could do with this story a lot we don't know and the Anti-christ baby?! I mean they can't just set that up a go nowhere with it!

smorbie1
21st Dec 2011, 3:20 PM
But they seem to be running out of living people.

I don't watch Glee so I don't have anything intelligent to say about it, other than a lot of the people who comment on that site think the last season hasn't lived up to its previous ones.

As for next year with AHS, we'll soon see. Can't wait for the show tonight. Answers, we need answers!

RoseCity
21st Dec 2011, 5:15 PM
It's hard to speculate about next season not knowing what's going to happen tonight. Especially about Constance. I'm really going to miss this show - it was never boring.

smorbie1
21st Dec 2011, 11:47 PM
That''s true. I usually just sit, not blinking until my eyes start to water, I'm concentrating so on it. I don't want to miss a minute of it!

PhenethyaSim
22nd Dec 2011, 12:39 AM
But they seem to be running out of living people.

yes they have I could see ways too add live people like new owners? or rentors or an infestation of homeless people point being still pleanty of options. but yes its hard to say whether or not things will be wrapped up untill we watch it tonight.

smorbie1
22nd Dec 2011, 1:42 AM
tick tock. It will soon be time. I hope they give us the answers we need.

RoseCity
22nd Dec 2011, 6:52 AM
Well, I'll go first with my reaction. I was expecting some kind of over the top blood bath, so I was a little surprised that it had a more subdued feel - even the deaths seemed low key. I liked that we saw their lives as ghosts and the part about the new people moving into the house and the ghost family Christmas. I was slightly disappointed by the ending - don't really like the whole Damien thing. But maybe they'll have a new twist on that.

smorbie1
22nd Dec 2011, 2:12 PM
It's a good thing I take medicine that suppresses my dreams as a side effect, otherwise I would have had nightmares all night long from that child thing. Creepy!

PhenethyaSim
23rd Dec 2011, 12:30 AM
The child was creepy but as for all else I liked it I don't think Tate is a psychopath and Bens take on therapy is is crap therapy is helpful and his rant pissed me off its nice how the harmons get to be a family and that vivian got her baby back. I think its best that they gave us closure WITHOUT ending it like this part is over but for the characters it goes on like some of the ghost still could get redeemed and be happy I feel like they tied up all the right loose ends while leaving it realisticly open. I've never liked an ending so much. i wish every thing could work out that way.

smorbie1
23rd Dec 2011, 12:11 PM
According to TV.com it was announced yesterday that next season will be about a different house in a different city; however, there may be a couple of returning characters. Hmmm.

RoseCity
27th Dec 2011, 4:35 AM
Forgot to say - at least we found out that the dog survived. Strange that Marcy ended up with her. (My daughter was disturbed because she has the same name as the dog.)

smorbie1
27th Dec 2011, 11:46 AM
it was strange about the dog, but i'm glad she lived. I kind of didn't want to know because I was afraid I had blinked and missed her death.

I misspoke earlier, there may be some actors from this year used next year, but they won't be playing the same character.

RoseCity
27th Dec 2011, 2:24 PM
I found this in New York magazine - http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2011/12/next-season-of-american-horror-story-will-be-in-a-whole-new-haunted-house.html?mid=378973&rid=422509877

So we just might get to look at Dylan McDermott again - yay!

PhenethyaSim
28th Dec 2011, 2:19 AM
well from what was said Evan Peters will most likely not be back which breaks my heart because he is so talented and I love his face he is both attractive and strange and within my age range, but I'm really hoping we get a medly of monsters and not just ghosts not that i don't adore ghosts I just think if the focus was on something else it would be easier to make it not like the first season and open up more possiblities.

RoseCity
28th Dec 2011, 3:02 AM
I had never seen Evan Peters in anything before - I thought he did a fantastic job in a difficult role. But the entire cast was excellent.

PhenethyaSim
28th Dec 2011, 3:39 AM
I had never seen Evan Peters in anything before - I thought he did a fantastic job in a difficult role. But the entire cast was excellent.

I believe it was his first(big) role and he was fabulous I think he will become an amazing actor because he handled this so well. And yes the whole cast was wonderful and I think this will launch many careers.

Speaking of the cast the show was sucessful because not one character was miscast which tends to happen to at least one character in like 75% of new shows.

Concordia
28th Dec 2011, 7:58 AM
I saw Evan in 4 different roles before he landed in AHS, but they were all goofy-side kick type characters, so I was really surprised by his range in AHS. I'm now kind of disappointed Evan didn't get the role of Peeta, Josh Hutcherson must have had one hell of an audition.

Even though we starting with a new cast next season we still get to see the cast together at the golden globes! I really hope Jessica Lange wins, she deserves every bit of that award.

I really hope the new series gets to haunt a hotel. That would be amazing. And I'd love to see Taissa play a crazy ghost (if they bring her back that is...I can dream, right?)

GigaRevival
28th Dec 2011, 5:09 PM
Okay, so I just finished the show and I have some questions that you fine people might be able to answer for me.

1.) What was the point of the "piggy" dude that Ben was attempting to help and then died? Was there something I was missing there, or was that just a filler?

2.) Can Tate leave the house? There was the Halloween episode where everyone could leave, but there was also the episode where he met Ben at some shop for their session, so... unless that was the same episode, then :faceslap:

3.) Why didn't Vivien and Violet attempt to save Ben at the end? Is there some weird flux going on where they possibly might have not witnessed it? (I find that hard to believe). If they truly wanted him to leave with their son; it seems they would have gone out of their way to help him and stop [insert crazy's name here] from killing him. *shrug*

4.) Why would Vivien allow Constance to take her baby (the living one)? I understand that she was running out of options and such and needed to get the baby out of the house (because everyone there has some weird fascination with babies, it seems); but still. Constance? Really? She's loony tunes. Unless Constance was lying about Viv saying it was what she preferred when she snatched it from [insert crazy's name here again].

Aaaaaand I'm done.

Concordia
28th Dec 2011, 5:24 PM
Okay, so I just finished the show and I have some questions that you fine people might be able to answer for me.

1.) What was the point of the "piggy" dude that Ben was attempting to help and then died? Was there something I was missing there, or was that just a filler?

2.) Can Tate leave the house? There was the Halloween episode where everyone could leave, but there was also the episode where he met Ben at some shop for their session, so... unless that was the same episode, then :faceslap:

3.) Why didn't Vivien and Violet attempt to save Ben at the end? Is there some weird flux going on where they possibly might have not witnessed it? (I find that hard to believe). If they truly wanted him to leave with their son; it seems they would have gone out of their way to help him and stop [insert crazy's name here] from killing him. *shrug*

4.) Why would Vivien allow Constance to take her baby (the living one)? I understand that she was running out of options and such and needed to get the baby out of the house (because everyone there has some weird fascination with babies, it seems); but still. Constance? Really? She's loony tunes. Unless Constance was lying about Viv saying it was what she preferred when she snatched it from [insert crazy's name here again].

Aaaaaand I'm done.

1.) There was a point to "piggy" dude, though I'm not sure if so many people caught it. It was touching on real fear v.s supernatural fear. Basically the show plays on this a lot, The Haunted House? Supernatural fear. School Shooting? Real Fear. Piggy Man was ficsiated on the supernatural fear, only to be killed by a real fear (burglars).

2. Tate can't leave the house. Are you talking about the time Tate and Ben were at the table discussing? Because that was Halloween still. I think you may be confused because it was the same episode, but it was a two parter, so it seemed longer. I was initially confused by this as well.

3. I think this was just a product of lazy writing. They needed a way to kill Ben, but didn't execute it very well.

4. I don't think Viv actually knows Constance has the baby. Didn't Constance steal the baby?

GigaRevival
28th Dec 2011, 5:41 PM
4. I don't think Viv actually knows Constance has the baby. Didn't Constance steal the baby?

She very well might have. She just said that Viv wanted her to take it from [good god, I need to look up her name] in the basement. I can totally believe that she stole it; I just cannot fathom Viv/Violet/Ben being aware that she did and not attempting to stop her. Although, again; I think Viv was at the point of desperation of just getting her son out of that damn house already and might have allowed it to happen. :|

smorbie1
28th Dec 2011, 6:59 PM
Vivian made a remark about Constance stealing her baby. But the family can't leave the house and go next door to get him.

RoseCity
28th Dec 2011, 7:32 PM
She very well might have. She just said that Viv wanted her to take it from [good god, I need to look up her name] in the basement. I can totally believe that she stole it; I just cannot fathom Viv/Violet/Ben being aware that she did and not attempting to stop her. Although, again; I think Viv was at the point of desperation of just getting her son out of that damn house already and might have allowed it to happen. :|

Nora, the ghost of the house's original owner, took the dead baby after it was delivered. Constance took the live baby over to her house. That was the baby that Ben went to pick up from Constance, and she let him take it - although she warned him not to go back into the house. After Hayden and the home invaders killed Ben, Hayden had the living baby, but Constance got him back with the help of Travis, her now ghostly former boyfriend. Vivien got the dead baby back from Nora who realized she didn't want to deal with him - they were discussing where and how he died, I guess to establish why he existed in the house as a ghost.
Maybe I'm wrong, but it seemed like the ghosts couldn't stop each other from doing things - they could only interact if both wanted to. Thus, Violet could banish Tate.

GigaRevival
28th Dec 2011, 7:58 PM
Goodness, that baby was certainly exchanged a lot; wasn't it? I guess I didn't pick up on that, but I *did* watch it all in one sitting... so...

PhenethyaSim
28th Dec 2011, 9:29 PM

It was mentioned that both of these happened on halloween but I did not see anyone say why this happend. Tate cannot leave the house unless its halloween at which point all the ghosts are free for the night. You may have known this but since It wasn't mention I figured i say it.

The hotel thing would be cool but a mansion divied up into apartments would be cool too or just a really old apartment building would rock as well or an old club/bar or anything they could really take this anywhere which is great. but I'll say it again want more supernatural creatures mied in with ghosts it would be really cool if the did that and it would be great if they were not trapped in the house and could go other places.

Concordia
29th Dec 2011, 5:02 AM
Apparently there's a clue about what season 2 will be about in the "Birth" episode

It’s been a week since the shocking finale of FX’s American Horror Story which found the entire Harmon family dead but happily haunting their home. Co-creator Ryan Murphy told the media last week that season two would be a complete reboot of the show with a new location and new cast. He also teased that the secret to next season could be found in AHS’ final three episodes. Well, AHS fans, EW is gonna narrow it down even further for you: the secret to season two can be found in….SPOILER ALERT…”Birth,” the penultimate episode of the season and the one in which Vivien went into labor. Says Murphy, “Go through it frame by frame. I planted it in there. I will never reveal it.”

Presumably, it's an image/scene rather than a word...I guess I'm off to watch the labor scene again!

smorbie1
29th Dec 2011, 11:27 AM
Anybody have it on DVD????

RoseCity
29th Dec 2011, 3:39 PM
I have it on DVR (but I'm not going to be watching it frame by frame).

smorbie1
29th Dec 2011, 5:22 PM
Ahh, come on. (kidding). Seriously, I didn't know you had to view it that closely. I thought maybe you could just pick it up by watching it closely. That was an episode where there was a lot of cutting from scene to scene. I can see how something could easily be hidden in it.

RoseCity
29th Dec 2011, 5:48 PM
I hate that he said that thing about 'go through it frame by frame' - now by sane lazy half is battling my OCD half over trying to find the clue.

PhenethyaSim
29th Dec 2011, 7:32 PM
Was it birth i thought the clue was in afterbirth I thought the clue was when constance said that violet took the baby and ran she mantioned a specific place I was kinda under the impression that the was the clue well back to square one.

smorbie1
29th Dec 2011, 11:32 PM
I know she kept talking about her sister in Florida. She did that in the last couple of episodes before the last one.

Concordia
29th Dec 2011, 11:48 PM
Here's the main speculation for next season from fans -

Possible Location #1: Vermont The episode opens in 1984 with Newhart playing on the television in the background. The show, which ran from 1982 to 1990, took place at an inn ... rife for the haunting?

Possible Location #2: Florida This has been a popular theory with fans. The location was repeatedly mentioned throughout the season since it's where Vivien's sister Jill lives. Plus, there is no shortage of dead people in the retirement capital of America.

Possible Location #3: A Geographically Irrelevant Prison Psychic Billie Dean Howard (played by the divine Sarah Paulson) has a long soliloquy about paramagnetic grip -- how evil can be absorbed by an environment. She says, "You see it all the time in places like prisons or asylums. Negative energy feeds on trauma and pain. It draws those things to it." This echoes a sentiment Ryan expressed during the conference call: "There are all different kinds of horror stores to tell, be it serial killing stories or true crime stories or prison stories."

Possible Location #4: North Carolina circa 1590 In an attempt to help Violet expunge Chad from the house, Billie Dean tells her a story about a Ghost Colony that lived in Roanoke around the turn of the century.

Possible Location #5: London, England In the episode, two doctors treat Vivien: Dr. Marchesi and the unseen Dr. Hall. Well, Marchesi Hall is located in St. Paul's Cathedral in London.

I personally think that next season will take place in a mental hospital. Mainly because, let's say, Ben Harmon (or some other character) is a patient at a mental hospital. He dreamed up/imagined the whole thing (all the occurrences in S1) as a way to cope with his life. (this was big speculation that Ben Harmon was in a mental ward throughout the season for various reasons). Plus it would tie in extremely well with the theme of psychoanalysis that was prevalent in S1.

Since RM confirmed some actors would be coming back, but as different characters, this twist would actually make sense and be a believable way of having actors come back but as different characters.

Also check this out -

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/27600000/1x11-Birth-american-horror-story-27691655-1280-720.jpg

Seems out of place to me. After all it's not in Ben's office, it just seems like a really strange thing to be placed.

I think it's taking place in a pysch ward next season.

RoseCity
30th Dec 2011, 12:55 AM
Great idea - that looks like the kind of clue he was talking about.

lethifold
30th Dec 2011, 1:15 AM
I watched the whole season in one sitting last week, and I really enjoyed it though at some points I thought it got a bit excessive.

Also, I don't understand the complete adoration some members of the fandom have for Tate. Evan Peters is attractive and adorable in interviews, yes, but his character is violent, aggressive, and even if he cares and loves Violet, that doesn't make up for, you know, raping her mother, setting a man on fire, and going on a shooting spree at his school.

I hope next season is at a psych ward of some sort. I have a creepy fascination with hauntings at such places, so it'd be really cool for the show to be set there.

Concordia
30th Dec 2011, 1:37 AM
I watched the whole season in one sitting last week, and I really enjoyed it though at some points I thought it got a bit excessive.

Also, I don't understand the complete adoration some members of the fandom have for Tate. Evan Peters is attractive and adorable in interviews, yes, but his character is violent, aggressive, and even if he cares and loves Violet, that doesn't make up for, you know, raping her mother, setting a man on fire, and going on a shooting spree at his school.

I hope next season is at a psych ward of some sort. I have a creepy fascination with hauntings at such places, so it'd be really cool for the show to be set there.

I think the unnatural amount of love for Tate (and I mean as a person - not a character) was for the fact that he was a seemingly a very different character for the first 7 episodes, and many people got attached to him during that time period. If he had been shown murdering innocent people, and raping mothers from the start I don't think there would have been such a fandom love for him.

Truthfully, Tate really was nothing more than a troubled kid with some mental problems in the start of the series, and even when it was revealed that he shot up his school there were many allusions to house possession (like the original Larry story, and Constance making a remark that the house lead Tate to do it) and even some twin theory things. Especially how confused Tate was when the dead breakfast club confronted him, a lot of these things seemingly added up to Tate (possibly) being innocent, so a lot of Tate's actions were "forgiven" for awhile because not everyone was convinced that it really was Tate's doing.

I think this has largely to do with the fact that Murphy didn't tell Evan that he was rubberman/a more sinister character so Evan was just playing him as he was - a confused kid. Had Evan known he was a more sinister character I think his acting style would have been different and made it seem like Tate was less innocent for the first couple episodes (for example, after the rubberman reveal Evan's acting styling became much more sinister/manipulative/creepy).

I think people just got attached to him in the early episodes, and refuse to not love him any less after he became much more sinister. That being said, I like him as a character - as a person, not so much.

tateconfessions (http://tateconfessions.tumblr.com/) is as entertaining as hell tho. It's a scary tumblr. To say the least.

PhenethyaSim
30th Dec 2011, 4:56 AM
Firstly i think it is absurd that people think London, England is going to be the setting for American Horror Story sorry if I'm taking the title to literaly but I was under the impression that at least the main story line will take place in America. So i could see foreign(to america) characters but not foreign settings.

On Tate ihave to say i think he was probably bi-polar or someone with another high functioning mental illness from the start and he was not a psychopath he doesn't acctualy fit the bill besides I still believe that the house took advantage of that. Also i think Evan did know where the character was headed simply because he acted sinister in the basement when he scared that girl who was mean to violet. the fact is Tate as a character had an imense amount of duality. he truely loved violet but he was also insane.

Concordia
30th Dec 2011, 5:24 AM
The scene in the basement lead a lot of people to form the theory that Tate had either (a.) a twin (b.) an alter ego (c.) dissociative identity disorder

Oh Evan definitely knew that he wasn't playing a mentally stable character, but I don't think he was necessarily gearing up for what his character would eventually become. Personally, scaring a girl in a basement isn't necessarily the epitome of disgusting things that Tate has committed, and he actually became less insane as the episodes went by until episode 8 were it went FULL BLAST.

I actually put down my theory that Tate suffered a mental disorder pre-house ghost. At least not from the typical depression symptoms etc (And paranoia). The school shooting he committed seemed to be in effect from the drugs he was taking (and added stress from mother/house) at least that's what I feel RM was hinting at. Growing up with a mother that murders her husbands doesn't help either I suppose...

lethifold
30th Dec 2011, 11:48 PM
If you're looking for some ideas about the new season http://ahstheories.tumblr.com/ is pretty good. I've been scrolling through all of the posts and a lot of them seem quite plausible, like Billie Dean actually being Constance's fourth child, only given away at birth or, as Billie Dean is around the right age, she could have been a student at the school which Tate shot up.

RoseCity
31st Dec 2011, 1:20 AM
The scene in the basement lead a lot of people to form the theory that Tate had either (a.) a twin (b.) an alter ego (c.) dissociative identity disorder

Oh Evan definitely knew that he wasn't playing a mentally stable character, but I don't think he was necessarily gearing up for what his character would eventually become. Personally, scaring a girl in a basement isn't necessarily the epitome of disgusting things that Tate has committed, and he actually became less insane as the episodes went by until episode 8 were it went FULL BLAST.

I actually put down my theory that Tate suffered a mental disorder pre-house ghost. At least not from the typical depression symptoms etc (And paranoia). The school shooting he committed seemed to be in effect from the drugs he was taking (and added stress from mother/house) at least that's what I feel RM was hinting at. Growing up with a mother that murders her husbands doesn't help either I suppose...

Yes, I (stupidly) thought that Tate was a twin - I was puzzled by a lot of things that ended up seemingly meaning nothing. Like why Tate didn't seem to remember that he shot up the school. And why Constance could live in the house twice and not get killed by a ghost.

XxCheshireKattxX
31st Dec 2011, 5:16 PM
omg.
that explains everything.....lol now i understand that show.
thank you!!!

Wicked_poppies
3rd Feb 2012, 8:17 PM
I realize that this tread has been asleep for a month, but I just had to chime in!!!!!! I love that show so much!!!!! However, did you guys know that the new season is going to be verry diffrent than this one was? The story will be about a new american horor story. I read in entertainment that it will not be about a haunted house, it will not be set in LA, and it will be a diffrent scary story with diffrent characters alltogether. The creator said that this seasons theme was infidelity, and the next season will be difrent... However, he also said that he may bring back Constance and the devil child in a future season in new york.

RoseCity
4th Mar 2012, 12:52 AM
Just read this article on EW on who will be back next season. http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/03/02/american-horror-story-look-whos-coming-back/
I'm happy that Zachary Quinto will be back.

RoseCity
29th Apr 2012, 7:14 PM
I saw this brief article about the new season - American Horror Story's New Season Will Be Set in a Different Era (http://www.vulture.com/2012/04/american-horror-story-new-season-era.html?mid=vulture-alerts--20120419http://www.vulture.com/2012/04/american-horror-story-new-season-era.html?mid=vulture-alerts--20120419)

smorbie1
30th Apr 2012, 9:47 PM
I haven't read a lot about it. Does anyone know whether Dylan McDermott will be in it?

RoseCity
8th May 2012, 3:13 PM
I just saw this - AHS Season 2 (http://www.deadline.com/2012/05/james-cromwell-joins-fxs-american-horror-story-for-season-two/) .

No Dylan McDermott :cry:

smorbie1
8th May 2012, 11:59 PM
I just saw this - AHS Season 2 (http://www.deadline.com/2012/05/james-cromwell-joins-fxs-american-horror-story-for-season-two/) .

No Dylan McDermott :cry:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

RoseCity
23rd May 2012, 3:59 AM
Vulture, the online culture/arts part of New York magazine, had an interview today with Ryan Murphy, so I excerpted the part about AHS.

Vulture: To move on to your other show, American Horror Story was about marriage and infidelity set in a haunted house. What is the second season about?

Ryan Murphy: It's set in an institution for the criminally insane that Jessica Lange's character runs, which is a really, really, really fun thing to do because you can write all these people locked up in it. And I guess if the first season was about infidelity, the second season is about sanity. What makes someone sane or insane? Sometimes the people you think are insane are actually the most sane of all. It’s fun to write about people who society throws away.
I haven't said this publicly, but the new season is set in the sixties and Chloë Sevigny, for example, plays a character who was put in an asylum because she was a woman who likes sex, so her husband sends her away. At the time, you were able to put people
away for that. Another character is institutionalized for being a lesbian. To me, there's nothing more scary than somebody coming to you and saying they're going to take you away and put you in a mad house and you have no legal rights and there you shall stay
till the end of your days. That is a real horror. Everybody has felt people thinking, "You're fucking crazy." Even somebody saying that to you is scary.

Vulture: You've said the second season will be very much "The Jessica Lange Show." Did you come up with the idea in response to how well she was received in the first season?

Ryan Murphy: I actually had the idea first. I knew the first season was about a very contemporary haunted house, and I knew the second season was gonna be - if we were lucky enough to be picked up - about an insane asylum done in a very different way. I pitched it in the very beginning, and FX said, "Good. We hope the first season works 'cause we love the second season." I even know what the third season would be. There are very, very many different kinds of haunted houses in our culture. And there are a lot of different social topics that you can weave through that sort of prism.

Vulture: You've compared the way you're working with the same actors in the second season of American Horror Story with Orson Welles's Mercury Theatre. But are you concerned about viewers being able to adjust to seeing the same actors in new roles?

Ryan Murphy: I think they will. I think that people will love seeing Evan Peters, who was last season's ultimate badass bad boy and this year is the hero of the show. It's not like the actors are playing similar parts. They're going to look different, they're going to sound different, they're going to have different accents. It's a different time period. The actors are so excited to do that and hopefully their enthusiasm will translate. I mean, I would pay to watch Jessica Lange read the phonebook. And she’s so the opposite of Constance this year. Like, if she was the wilting Blanche DuBois character, there’s not a shred of that now.

Vulture: How aggressive are you in pursuing the talent you want for your projects? You wrote Madonna a love letter to get her catalogue for Glee and Lange has said on more than one occasion that you swept her off her feet.

Ryan Murphy: Well, Chloe Sevigny is a perfect example where I had written this role that I really wanted her to play. I finagled a little and got her number, and I convinced her to meet with me and I said, "I love you for the following reasons, these are the reasons why I think you should play this role, and I kinda won't take no for an answer, so please ... " That’s how I do the show; I call people and say I've always loved your work, you have to play this part. I'm passionate about actors and I'm passionate about showing actors in different lights. She's playing a really screwed-up but very important part that she's never played before, and I think she responded to the fact that somebody saw that in her and was interested in bringing something else out.

RoseCity
27th Oct 2012, 9:11 PM
Has anyone been watching the new season? Just wondering what you think of it. I like it so far - the devil, aliens, etc. Jessica Lange's performance is great.

smorbie1
28th Oct 2012, 1:32 PM
I am LOVING it. It is so different from last year, which is good because you don't want to do the same thing over and over. It's scary and complicated and just plain fun!

Navetsea
1st Nov 2012, 2:26 PM
the new season is totally different in theme than the first, it has alien, exorcism, asylum, evil doctor, after 3 episodes I'm not yet sure what I'm watching about

smorbie1
2nd Nov 2012, 4:55 PM
But the first season was that way too, remember? The show answers the questions as it goes. It is GREAT so far.

RoseCity
2nd Nov 2012, 7:02 PM
I agree, smorbie1 - the story this time around is really good. There's no other show like this on television. It always amazes me how much they manage to pack in an episode.

RoseCity
4th Sep 2013, 1:42 AM
The new season is starting October 9, so I thought I'd resurrect this thread.

American Horror Story: Coven plot details (http://www.vulture.com/2013/08/ryan-murphy-on-american-horror-story-coven.html)

uWer7A7d-NE&feature=c4-overview&list=UUw9l1DPgPBMVfdWC8VEdu4w

Toryn_Wolfe
24th Sep 2013, 12:56 AM
I just want to throw my two cents in.

Someone said they felt stupid for thinking Tate was a twin. Well brother, you shouldn't feel stupid at all. Tate originally was intended to have an albino twin (not identical) brother, but the albino got cut out of the show for being deemed 'too scary'.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6f57apppx1r5hkx3o1_400.png

RoseCity
24th Sep 2013, 8:42 PM
It's hard to believe that there's anything they would think was 'too scary' for that show lol

RoseCity
27th Sep 2013, 5:38 PM
AHS Season 3 Opening Credits

mmRXT7w2C1s

Ryan Murphy May Spin Off AHS Season 3 Coven (http://www.eonline.com/news/466902/american-horror-story-coven-ryan-murphy-on-why-his-favorite-season-could-possibly-become-a-spinoff)

RoseCity
5th Oct 2013, 10:55 PM
Ryan Murphy May Spin Off AHS Season 3 Coven (http://www.eonline.com/news/466902/american-horror-story-coven-ryan-murphy-on-why-his-favorite-season-could-possibly-become-a-spinoff)

November 15,2013
Coven isn't as scary the first two seasons - which is good I guess for a change of pace. Not that you don't see shocking things. I love the minimalistic look of the school - sort of like the house in a dream.
One of the best things about the series and this season in particular are the many great roles for women - instead of the usual 'token woman' and 'half wit wealthy "housewife"'.

JayKenz
20th Nov 2013, 4:41 PM
Anyone else loving Coven?

Nemiga
20th Nov 2013, 6:05 PM
Anyone else loving Coven?
MEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :luff:

Third season much more interesting and darker than previous seasons.

skulldisease
23rd Nov 2013, 10:23 PM
When Coven started I decided it was better than Season 1, and so far it has been. But last episode left me quite Meh, to put it eloquently. I still can't wait for a new episode though.

pirate_wolf_12
23rd Jan 2014, 3:24 AM
Coven seems to be suffering Murphyism like a lot of his other shows. Nothing but wasted potential on both the characters and storylines. A shame, I really liked it at the beginning.

The main problem is writing on the fly. That might work if you're writing a soap opera or some children's cartoon filled with annoying Very Special Episodes but when you're telling a story - especially one that has to be told within thirteen episodes - plan it out.

RoseCity
23rd Jan 2014, 7:28 PM
Re 'Murder House' - I got into the story very easily and then as the season went on sometimes the plot was very over the top with people getting killed or dying in the house left and right till it was hard to keep track of all the ghosts. Not that I didn't like the show, but I had to let go of logic and trying to explain everything and in the end I was left with some questions. 'Asylum' and 'Coven' are the opposite for me - it was hard in the beginning to buy into the premises and I wondered if I would be able to keep watching. But both times I got caught up in the stories.
I like how the show is kind of baroque and they throw in a lot of characters and stories and design. Also they get great actors. And I'm not going to get hypercritical because it's not like there's a lot of other shows I enjoy.

pirate_wolf_12
30th Jan 2014, 7:05 AM
Finale spoilers:

Zoe's personal hell is Kyle breaking up with her. Over and over. A break up. Like something out of Twilight. Let that sink in.

Edit: Misty's ending though? Don't know how to feel. Like I love the idea, but damn am I distraught. I just wish it had happened later on. I need more Misty.

RoseCity
3rd Feb 2014, 5:31 AM
I thought the finale was great. Poor Misty - don't like to think of her stuck for all eternity in that loop. And Fiona in hell was strangely funny - "What is this? Knotty pine?!" I'm looking forward to Coven continuing as a spin-off.
"But it’s just the best job. I swear, if I could do American Horror Story: Season 940, Vampires in Space, I would totally be there." - Sarah Paulson

Nemiga
3rd Feb 2014, 8:35 AM
Well season finale was great.I like idea that new supreme is Cordelia.She deserves that,cuz she is the one who most cares about coven and do everything to protect it.
Fiona's returning wasn't surprise me.Somehow I knew that is not over with her.And she finally get what she deserves.
I was little upset when first fallen witch was Misty,cuz I like her and was hoping that Madison will fail......Well at least she still died and this time no returning from the dead :giggler:

Gabrymato
6th Feb 2014, 8:37 PM
This season was suuuuch a letdown!
First of all, I think Marie Laveau was such an interesting character with such a little background and development and that was a pity. The only character with some substance was Myrtle. The horror, gorey and sometimes legit scary factor that they created with Murder House and mastered with Asylum was almost absent. Nothing happened at all if you think about it! I felt like this season was 50% female empowerment showcase and 50% Jessica Lange appreciation festival.

Which are both fun and interesting, but I wanted a horror tv show.

RoseCity
8th Feb 2014, 5:21 PM
I guess Ryan Murphy can't win because people said Asylum was 'too dark' and now Coven wasn't scary enough?

RoseCity
18th Mar 2014, 1:22 AM
Just saw this on New York Magazine - American Horror Story's Next Season (http://www.vulture.com/2014/03/american-horror-story-next-season-will-be-set-at-a-carnival.html)

Gabrymato
18th Mar 2014, 2:58 PM
Just saw this on New York Magazine - American Horror Story's Next Season (http://www.vulture.com/2014/03/american-horror-story-next-season-will-be-set-at-a-carnival.html)
I read that too. The carnival thing doesn't excite me that much to be honest. I mean, I can definitely see the spooky factor in clowns, freak shows and stuff like that, but will that be enough to fill up a whole season? Two more confirmed things about AHS 4 is the fact that Jessica Lange's character will have a German accent, Sarah Paulson's will have a special power and the whole show will be set in year 1950. Still not enough to get even a rough idea of what we can expect.

RoseCity
18th Mar 2014, 3:35 PM
A carnival as the setting might be cliché, but they tend to throw in a lot of other stuff. Like Asylum ended up being about a lot more than the workings of the hospital. So the carnival will probably just be the framework that they hang all the craziness on. The fact that carnivals travel around opens up a lot of possibilities. And maybe there will be a freak show which would give the opportunity for interesting characters. RMurphy seems to be interested in telling stories about people who've been marginalized and mistreated.

RoseCity
3rd May 2014, 12:28 AM
American Horror Story: Freak Show (http://www.vulture.com/2014/05/angela-bassett-talks-ahs-freak-show.html)

pirate_wolf_12
11th Oct 2014, 3:11 AM
Freak Show looks promising. Most Ryan Murphy shows have a good set up so I'll wait and watch a few more episodes before judging, but I'm optimistic.

RoseCity
11th Oct 2014, 4:46 AM
I must be on a totally different wavelength than the critics - saw all these good reviews for Freak Show, but I mostly hated Episode 1. What the fuck was that bit with the candy striper and the opium and filming her orgy with the freaks............................

RoseCity
21st Oct 2014, 11:37 PM
How Much Do You Know About American Horror Story? (http://www.vulture.com/2014/10/test-your-american-horror-story-knowledge.html)

Gabrymato
22nd Oct 2014, 7:50 AM
I think a musical number in episode #1 was a risky move, but another in episode #2??? I don't know. I mean, I understand that cover songs are kind of Murphy's thing, but that's too much for AHS.
Besides that, I really like what I've seen so far. The characters are somewhat cool and the whole Gloria/Dandy/Clown situation gives me genuine creeps. And I just love how they brought Pepper back from Asylum!
Every time I see a girl in a fluffy jacket/vest I can't help but thinking about Meep and his awful death :( :( :(

@pirate_wolf_12 by the way, I just saw your post on the top of this page and you are so right about Coven's finale! Everyone's hell was somewhat disturbing but Zoe... Really? Misty is dissecting frogs for eternity and you whine about breaking up with your zombie boyfriend? It was lame of the writers to make her say that.

Nemiga
22nd Oct 2014, 9:30 AM
Personally, this season sucks! I still hope it gets better...

RoseCity
26th Feb 2015, 5:58 AM
Just saw that Lady Gaga will star in the next American Horror Story and it's called AHS: Hotel............

RoseCity
20th Sep 2015, 2:46 PM
-NChtI2_c2M

Edit: So this season is American Horror Story: Buckets O' Blood

Dandy as a male model? Way too old to be convincing.

AnthonyBrig
15th Jan 2016, 1:05 PM
Lady Gaga too couldn't help this tv show survive for more. The finale episode had the least ratings for this season. I don't understand why is it like this with every season, It starts with a bang from first episode, and quality just deteriorates episode by episode. I'd thought the golden globe award for Lady Gaga can help boost ratings for the finale, but that also didn't happen. Wondering what next for AHS. I will have to go and check my tv index now - only source i trust www.couchtuner.bz