PDA

View Full Version : You won't admit you like it but-pfft. you totally do.

paksetti
15th Dec 2011, 4:20 AM
Talk about TV shows or movies that you're embarrassed to admit you like, then talk about why they're awesome.

(I'm sure there will be obligatory ponies)

Me first: Generator Rex.

It's by the same guy that made Ben 10, and while that is just awful, Generator Rex is actually pretty interesting. Sure the music is kind of silly, and every once and a while it gets kinda corny like a standard superhero series, but (http://i.eho.st/ppu40i4z.png) check (http://i.eho.st/ppn79mdy.png) this (http://i.eho.st/pp58imk9.png) shit (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3895bnwmJ6A&feature=player_detailpage#t=41s) out (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Si6t12XeheI&feature=relmfu)--

http://i.eho.st/ppcydz4x.png
BAM. Fuckin' rabbits and penguins. That was in a town that had a really strong Silent Hill feel, probably because it was also based on Centralia.

And hey, Zuko is this bandage guy in a gang in Hong Kong.

--

That said, the writing's not bad, You should check it out.

PhenethyaSim
15th Dec 2011, 4:47 AM
Well just recently I came out as a closet Adventure Time fan what can I say it rocks and is as I am.

And I watch Avatar The Last Airbender reruns frequently that ones not as embarassing

also Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt! best thing ever I have stockings personality ;D
I believe there are more but whats thge fun in sharing all at once.

coltraz
15th Dec 2011, 5:15 AM
It took me a while to get to this point... but I used to be very ashamed that I was addicted to "Little People, Big World". I would watch episode after episode in strict secrecy while my boyfriend at the time was at work or school and I was all alone. Eventually I let him in on my addiction (or maybe he caught me using - I can't remember) hoping he'd snap me out of it. Instead, he became addicted to it as well. In fact, he seemed even worse off than I was, the way he'd beg to watch some more; and I'd say, "We shouldn't! We mustn't! Okay fine...but don't tell anyone!"

Once, I even challenged him with: "You haven't told anyone we watch this, have you?" He would not admit to confessing to anybody in particular, no matter how many times I demanded to know who else knew, but nor would he claim our secret was safe, either. To this day I don't know who he told.

I'm okay with it now because I eventually came to hate the show. I got so sick of it! And to be fair, we used to absolutely tear the Rolloffs apart and make fun of everything they did. That was probably the only way we could justify actually enjoying the show.

To a lesser degree, and for a shorter period of time, he and I were also enthralled with "America's Next Top Model" - but it didn't take long for me to tire of that. My turning point with that show, I remember, was waking up in the middle of the night feeling sick to my stomach, my head full of Tyra Banks's cliche phrases and her weird, halting intonations. I couldn't stop hearing her voice, and seeing her face. I couldn't stop hearing Mrs. Jay's voice, and seeing his face. Nor Mr. Jay's nor Nigel's. I tossed and turned and felt sicker and sicker every time I thought about that awful series. That's not a joke either. The next day I told my boyfriend, "I can't watch that show ever again."

ivesceneascene
3rd Jan 2012, 11:43 AM
I absolutely love My Little Pony lol... But it's not as embarrassing because I have a little sister so I have an excuse. :P

HystericalParoxysm
3rd Jan 2012, 11:46 AM
Did someone say... ponies?

5M0K3
3rd Jan 2012, 1:44 PM
Anything anime -- yeah, I love it, but the people I know don't need to know that!

And don't think you've got dirt on me, I'll never admit to it!

smorbie1
3rd Jan 2012, 2:19 PM
Parking Wars on A&E. Trash tv, but I can't stop myself. (Shame)

Robodl95
3rd Jan 2012, 10:06 PM
Sims...

LuvSims2011
3rd Jan 2012, 10:15 PM
I USED to be like that with Animaniacs. Now I'm not like that...and it's quite obvious that I like that show.

frankokomando
4th Jan 2012, 1:16 AM
E! News.

Yazoo
4th Jan 2012, 2:11 AM
Ahhh

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers >.>

Yeah, it was that bad. I hate the new stuff. But I liked when it was...Tommy (Original Green Power Ranger), Kimberly (Original Pink Power Ranger), Jason (Original Red Power Ranger), Zack (Original Black Power Ranger), Billy (Original Blue Power Ranger), and Trini (Original Yellow Ranger)

Yeahhhh I remember their names, I remember when they changed too:

Rocky (2nd Red Power Ranger), Adam (2nd Black Power Ranger), Aisha (2nd Yellow Ranger), and Catherine "Kat" (2nd Pink Power Ranger) FYI Kat sucked -.-"

But yeah...*coughs* I liked the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers

Kathwynn
4th Jan 2012, 7:27 PM
Sims....

5M0K3
4th Jan 2012, 11:37 PM
Also -- and I'd admit I'm obsessed with Vocaloid if it would prevent people I know from learning this -- but sometimes, when I'm really bored, I turn on the TV to the Oxygen channel, watch Bad Girls Club, and shout, "JUDI! JUDI! JUDI! JUDI!"

PharaohHound
4th Jan 2012, 11:52 PM
The Penguins of Madagascar. Yeah, it's a "kids'" show, but I can't get enough of it. :D It's amazingly funny, and the animation isn't bad for a TV show.

PuddleJumper
4th Jan 2012, 11:57 PM
Judge Judy!

paksetti
5th Jan 2012, 2:40 AM
Sims...
Sims....
...TV shows or movies...

c'mon guys, gawl.

Is it not cool to like Dan Vs. even amongst those that like other shows on the Hub? Also. Jerseylicious. I'm ashamed that I'm not more ashamed to admit I watch it.

Lady_Chaos
5th Jan 2012, 2:48 AM
The Penguins of Madagascar.

TESTIFY!

efolger997
6th Jan 2012, 2:44 AM
For some reason, I just love completely mindless magazines. People, Glamour, Cosmopolitan, Seventeen, etc. I'm not sure why--I'm not particularly materialistic, I hardly every go shopping, and I couldn't care less about celebrity gossip. But they're just . . . so fun to read.
And about ponies, my sister, my sister's boyfriend, and two of my sister's friends are obsessed with My Little Pony! Honestly, I don't understand it. I know it has a huge fanbase, but...still!

Kathwynn
6th Jan 2012, 3:09 AM
c'mon guys, gawl.

Is it not cool to like Dan Vs. even amongst those that like other shows on the Hub? Also. Jerseylicious. I'm ashamed that I'm not more ashamed to admit I watch it.

I do not have cable.. And most I watched with the wife was discovery channel when we did have cable. Reality shows bore me. and what passes for a sitcom just leaves me cold.

Sims 3 actually is my secret addiction. It is like an alcoholic hiding his bottle. :lol:

Hammerhead Eagle i-Thrust
6th Jan 2012, 5:43 AM
... I still have the urge to watch spongebob

haricots
6th Jan 2012, 10:36 AM
... I still have the urge to watch spongebob
:beer: :up: