PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Disney (or Pixar/Dreamworks/Whatever Else) films

eldavis
28th Oct 2011, 1:42 PM
I made a Disney station on Pandora and I was wondering what everyone's favorite animated movies are? I have 5 favorite Disney movies. I like them all equally.
-Mulan
-Tangled
-The Lion King
-Hercules
-The Aristocats

As far as Dreamworks goes, How To Train Your Dragon takes the cake. No contest whatsoever. As far as Pixar goes, Up might take the cake. That or Toy Story 3.

I'm a mess when it comes to animated movies. I swear, I cry in every movie. :cry:

coltraz
28th Oct 2011, 1:52 PM
I thought "Up" was shockingly good. It's funny, charming, tragic. I don't usually even watch these sorts of films. I don't recall what possessed me to watch Up - I think it might have been this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVxe5NIABsI&feature=channel_video_title ... but I've seen the movie more than once. I was really surprised how deep it was. The montage of Carl and Ellie's life together definitely makes the ol eyes wet.

eldavis
28th Oct 2011, 2:05 PM
I was pretty much sobbing, quietly of course, during that part. It may have been a bit out of the reach of a few kids in the theater. The little boy in the row in front of us was asking what happened to the baby. I watched the Academy Awards and basically yelled with happiness when it won Best Animated Feature.

Mistermook
28th Oct 2011, 2:18 PM
Up was wonderful. Then the kid's movie started and I was less impressed. The beginning though? That was maybe the best bits of Western animation ever. Not Grave of the Fireflies/everything by Miyazaki good, but really tight.

For Disney films I'm pretty much stuck on Beauty & the Beast, The Little Mermaid, and Aladdin. Those were the movies that were recent when my daughter was young, and pretty much my only respite against Barney. I dunno if I'd be so happy with them without that mental reference, but a few of the songs in those are still among my favorites. That's as good as any musical gets most of the time.

5M0K3
28th Oct 2011, 11:04 PM
The Aristocats. Love it.

PSHS
29th Oct 2011, 9:01 AM
"tarzan." definitely one of my top favourites. also "101 dalmatians", but only for roger radcliffe.
as for pixar, i don't really have a definite favourite; they're all good, in my opinion, but there just hasn't been a pixar movie that completely impressed me (or made me bawl. farthest i've gone was just teary eyes). i'm currently waiting on monsters inc. 2, however.

Lawli-Lawli
2nd Nov 2011, 12:41 AM
Number 1 would defo be Jungle Book. Then, T.H.o.N.D.

Majuchan
2nd Nov 2011, 9:22 AM
I love UP! it is funny yet make me cry at the end. very inspiring. But my all time fav is Lion King! rawwr!

DeLoure
4th Nov 2011, 2:44 AM
Toy Story [1, 2 + 3].
Finding Nemo.
Kung Fu Panda.
The Emperor's New Groove.
Tangled.
The Lion King.
Monster's Inc.
Enchanted.
Shrek [1, 2 + 3]. I haven't seen the fourth installment yet.

Those are all the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Sunflowergal22
12th Nov 2011, 3:07 AM
my favorite disney movies are:
the lion king
The little mermaid
Mulan
Cars

Lance
12th Nov 2011, 4:48 AM
The Lion King is my favorite cartoon EVER.

alayaya
12th Nov 2011, 5:59 AM
The Lion King, 101 Dalmations, Mulan and Alladin are my favourites.

I also really liked Up.... but it was a bit too sad for me. If I watched it again I would have to fast forward through the beginning. I seriously SOBBED in the theater for the first half hour or so....

AngryBunny.
12th Nov 2011, 6:03 AM
Anastasia (one of my favourite movies ever!)
The Lion King
Mulan
Tangled (I went to see this with my niece and was laughing more than she was)
The Little Mermaid

VerDeTerre
12th Nov 2011, 8:11 AM
Anastasia (one of my favourite movies ever!)
The Lion King
Mulan
Tangled (I went to see this with my niece and was laughing more than she was)
The Little Mermaid

You listed two that I haven't seen nor heard of : Anastasia and Tangled. I'll have to check those out.

My favorite Disney movie, that gets me in tears each time, is Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey. After that I adore Babe (I cry every time the farmer sings and jigs for the pig) and Toy Story. I also love Mulan and I love the music in The Little Mermaid and Pocahontas. It's hard to pick just one movie, that's for sure!

As for Up: I thought it was awesome. My grown son and I stayed with our eyes glued to the screen through all the credits drinking in every detail. What an incredible work of art and the story was beautiful. That is an amazing movie.

kailay
12th Nov 2011, 11:12 PM
Tangled
Up
The Emperors New Groove
The Little Mermaid
Finding Nemo
Mulan
Toy Story 1,2,3

frankokomando
14th Nov 2011, 4:53 AM
The Emperors New Groove
Lion King
Happy Feet
Monsters Inc.
Mulan
Finding Nemo
Alladin (I think I spelled that wrong)
Beauty and the Beast

There's probably more, but these are the ones that come to mind.

5M0K3
14th Nov 2011, 5:32 AM
I like 101 Dalmations because I love Cruella De Ville. She reminds me so much of myself...

BurgundyStars
14th Nov 2011, 5:48 AM
I love:

Aladdin
Beauty and the Beast
The Little Mermaid
The Hunchback of Notre Dame
The Emperor's New Groove
Sleeping Beauty

And contrary to popular belief, Anastasia is actually not a Disney movie. It's still probably one of my all time favorite animated movies. There were some really great songs from its soundtrack.

FuzzehPeach
14th Nov 2011, 8:41 PM
all the Toy Story movies
Alice in Wonderland
Lady and the Tramp
101 Dalmatians

Everyone's saying Lion King and Aladdin but I've never seen either :L

WaywardReverie
15th Nov 2011, 3:34 AM
- Monsters Inc.
- Sleeping Beauty
- Beauty and the Beast

Hard to pick only one... >.<

GigaRevival
15th Nov 2011, 3:44 AM
My whatever else picks would be:
--All Dogs Go to Heaven
--An American Tail: Fievel Goes West
--Ferngully

Disney/Pixar:
--The Lion King
--The Nightmare Before Christmas [bought out by Disney, apparently]
--Mulan
--Beauty and the Beast
--Fantasia
--The Fox and the Hound
--The Rescuers Down Under
--Aladdin
--A Goofy Movie
--James and the Giant Peach
--Homeward Bound
--Monsters Inc.

Oh goodness... when does it stop?!

dickies_icebox
3rd Mar 2013, 5:22 PM
Beauty and the Beast
The Little Mermaid
Mulan
The Jungle Book

Lady_Chaos
3rd Mar 2013, 5:51 PM
Disney/Pixar:
Brave
Up
Mulan
Tangled
Monsters Inc.
Toy Story (all of them)
The Emperor's New Groove

Dreamworks:
Shrek (but only the first one. The others were good/okay, but their not my all-time favorites)
How to Train Your Dragon

All Dogs go to Heaven was a pretty good movie, too, so that'll go in the whatever else category, along with Anastasia.

*These are in no particular order. I just named them as they came to mind*

VerDeTerre
3rd Mar 2013, 6:03 PM
Has anyone mentioned Gerry's Game, the little short about the old man playing chess that comes before Toy Story? I love that one!

Dreamworks is releasing another film this month called The Croods (http://www.thecroodsmovie.com/?gclid=CIi4kqSQ4bUCFWpnOgodpWEAvA) about a prehistoric family staring Nicholas Cage, Emma Stone, and Cloris Leachman. The guy (guys) who did How to Train Your Dragon are doing this one, too, so it should be good. :bunny:

Sterling_Archer
3rd Mar 2013, 10:02 PM
Beauty and the Beast
The Little Mermaid
Mulan
The Jungle Book

No need to bring back a dead thread

My favourite Disney movie was The Lion King.

TBot411
4th Mar 2013, 2:57 PM
Pixar/Dreamworks has produced a great deal of non-public work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xcDD22R6Lck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93xY06Sh7FE

Artimis
29th Apr 2013, 11:28 AM
I have always loved sleeping beatuty and I like all the other princess ones apart from snow white and cinderella. I like the lion king and lion king 2 but I hate loin king 3, most pointless movie ever. When it comes to pixar I have not seen as many of there work as most of it is comeby based films but I have discovered a fondness for Kun Fu Panda. For dreams works either Shrek up to sherk 2 for I have little memory of 3 and only saw the ending for 4 or how to train your dragon as I like dragons and most of the time the villains from these films are better than most other films at times.