View Full Version : The Walking Dead

Pages : [1] 2

Kathwynn
24th Oct 2011, 9:31 PM
Any one watch The Walking Dead?

Saw the new episode online. Great show.

Yakumo-dono
24th Oct 2011, 9:43 PM
I love that show. Its so suspenseful and for some reason I cannot stand a single female on that show.

coltraz
24th Oct 2011, 9:48 PM
Yep, I sure do! (http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=422727) :giggler:

missroxor
24th Oct 2011, 9:59 PM
Yep, I sure do! (http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=422727) :giggler:
I knew I'd seen a thread for it before! :) I loved the first series and I'm hoping the second is just as good though I remember hearing something about all the writers or the director or something being fired so it's new people doing it this time D:

Once again I have this recorded but haven't watched yet. Can't wait to watch it, just gotta wait for my hubby to get on a tv-time friendly shift so I have somebody to hide behind at the scary parts :lol:

Ladyhawke976
24th Oct 2011, 10:35 PM
Never miss an episode! I love it!

smorbie1
25th Oct 2011, 1:58 AM
Oh, I am SICK! I no longer get AMC on my cable station. Is there somewhere I can watch it online? I hate to miss it.

kristie91
25th Oct 2011, 2:32 AM
http://www.couchtuner.com/

smorbie1
25th Oct 2011, 2:55 AM
http://www.couchtuner.com/

ummwahhh! (blowing kisses) Thank you!

coltraz
25th Oct 2011, 9:16 AM
I love that show. Its so suspenseful and for some reason I cannot stand a single female on that show.

I sort of dislike EVERY character on the show. The only one I actively like/care about is Dale. The rest piss me off. Even Rick - I find him the most irritating. I blame the actor for that.

Kathwynn
25th Oct 2011, 10:45 PM
Actually I like Rick. But that is me.

If Andrea wants to die.. Then I say die.. Otherwise get your head out of your @ss and survive. I think Carl best intentions of making a life with her is at this point a loss. Though to be honest the two characters that have their shyt together is Glen and Daryl. The rest are just fumbling their way to painful deaths. Unless the group pulls together. Starts thinking and is willing to start looking at this situation, not as a temporary one, but as being permanent. Then the same mistakes are going to keep being made with lives being lost.

And while Ricks son was shot. Actually I am hoping that the boy is not going to die. You could see the boy was growing up fast and hard. I have seen this happen in S. America back in the 1980's. Its not something you want to see. At the same time the circumstances do not always make for a place for a child to grow up into an adult. Sometimes it is thrust on a child. That is a harsh lesson of reality. Something that I am glad to see being played out. As this does show what can happen in a disaster that sometimes is forgotten in movies and shows.

kristie91
25th Oct 2011, 11:18 PM
I hope the kid surives but its looking bad right now especially the situation that the two men, Shane and I forgot the guys name, are in at the highschool where they need to get the medical supplies for the surgery.

frankokomando
26th Oct 2011, 1:32 AM
So...on the season premier was I the only upset that the deer got shot? >_>

Kathwynn
26th Oct 2011, 2:01 AM
You probably were not the only one Frank..

I hunted as a kid and as an adult. To me hunting is natural.

I do understand for some people hunting is not something that is looked on as being good. *shrugs* For myself, I do not understand the mind set.

Yeah, Kristie91, I hope the boy survives as well.

coltraz
26th Oct 2011, 4:58 AM
In an apocalyptic setting, you'd better be ready to hunt and shoot pretty deer. Or you're not going to last. I didn't even give it a 2nd thought when it happened. Now if anyone has seen episode 4 of Homeland, there's a deer I feel sorry for. :(

frankokomando
31st Oct 2011, 3:05 AM
Shane is a jerk :(

kristie91
31st Oct 2011, 4:32 AM
I was like holy shimtz when I saw what Shane did to the one guy...

frankokomando
31st Oct 2011, 8:49 PM
I know, right? I was all like O: when I saw what he did.

coltraz
31st Oct 2011, 9:09 PM
Hmm... I don't know. Sacrificing Otis the way he did saved Carl - who he clearly thinks of as a son. He also "loves" Lori, and Rick to some extent, even though he's obviously jealous of Rick. It's terrible he did it, but in a way, I can't really blame him and I wasn't surprised. I was actually expecting, the whole time, for Otis to throw HIMSELF into the zombies in order to give Shane a chance. Not that he SHOULD have, mind you, I just thought he would. Shane's definitely proven to be pretty selfish and deceitful, but hey, it's the end times. You gotta do, what you gotta do. I'm not on Shane's side, but I don't know what I would have done in that situation, if I were him. But if it was between Otis, and three people who are your family or are BASICALLY family... well...

frankokomando
1st Nov 2011, 7:01 PM
But they could have made it out together D: The time they spent wrestling each other could have been running to the truck.

I'm sad Otis got eaten alive. :(

coltraz
1st Nov 2011, 7:06 PM
I think the problem was that they were both moving too slow. Otis because he's out of shape and exhausted, Shane because he too was exhausted and his ankles were injured from the drop out of the window...I don't think they would have been able to make it out together. So Shane left them a meal, giving him more time to hobble away. It is pretty sad, for sure, but there was reasoning behind it. They were both in the process of giving up before Shane did that.

frankokomando
2nd Nov 2011, 1:34 AM
Yeah, I know :( I just wish he would have at least killed Otis before letting him get eaten by zombies. Even though I get why he didn't kill Otis. A screaming body attracts more zombies than a dead one =/

DeLoure
4th Nov 2011, 2:49 AM
*raises hand* I'm a huge fan of The Walking Dead. I haven't read the comics, though.

Ugh. Last Sunday's episode made me hate Shane even more. I never liked his ass since episode one, but he confirmed by suspicions of him by the end of last week's episode.

As far as the rest of the characters, I don't care for either of 'em. Especially Andrea. I'm sick of her, her complaining and moping around. Every time she comes on screen, I want to punch her in the nose.

frankokomando
5th Nov 2011, 3:33 AM
Dude, every time I see Andrea on the tv I'm like "Dale, you should have let her blow herself up." >_>

kristie91
5th Nov 2011, 4:35 AM
I think it would be common though for a lot of people to mope if that situation was real. But of course at one point you'd have to man up because that's how you have to be in that kind of world.
Sure killing otis would be better then letting him be eaten alive.. but didn't they say zombies don't eat dead things.. or would they still since he would still be fresh?

DeLoure
5th Nov 2011, 4:54 PM
Dude, every time I see Andrea on the tv I'm like "Dale, you should have let her blow herself up." >_>

Right?! I'm so sick of her. Always moping, whining and complaining like she's the only person going through a zombie apocalypse.

I think it would be common though for a lot of people to mope if that situation was real. But of course at one point you'd have to man up because that's how you have to be in that kind of world.

Sure killing otis would be better then letting him be eaten alive.. but didn't they say zombies don't eat dead things.. or would they still since he would still be fresh?

While I understand Andrea's reasons for acting like a sourpuss, it gets old when you see her episode after episode, whining and complaining. She keeps saying she wants to die or run away - well then, she needs to just do it already.

As for the situation with Otis/Shane goes, it was a fucked up thing for Shane to do. Period. And like you said, it would've been better for Shane to just put Otis out of his misery. But come to think of it, I don't think zombies eat the dead. Cause think about all those corpses laying around, they don't even look twice at those.

frankokomando
5th Nov 2011, 7:18 PM
Why do they call the zombies geeks? :|

Anyways, that waterlogged zombie in the well made me laugh :D

kristie91
7th Nov 2011, 6:23 AM
That water logged zombie made lose my appetite.
So what did you guys think of the episode?

frankokomando
7th Nov 2011, 5:05 PM
It was okay. I totally guessed what Lori had Glen buy for her :P Oh, and the whole Glen and Maggie thing in the pharmacy was weird :|

Kathwynn
7th Nov 2011, 6:39 PM
The water logged zombie was gross... But hey at leas they didn't do anything stupid... You know like shoot it in the head or something..

LOL

Poor Glen was a virgin.. A gal takes off her top in front of me after that little seduction she made at Glen.. I would not have been looking at her dumfounded. But hey getting it on in a pharmacy.. That is one for the books all the same.

As for Shane blowing away Otis.. He is a murderous bastard. Most likely the father of Lori baby.. Can the day get any worse?

At the very least the boy will pull out of it now. It was a touching scene between Rick and his son.

As for the old vet/doc I wonder what he is hiding in the barn. Notice when Rick asked about moving the group closer to the barn he was quick to say No.

Makes me wonder what he is hiding there.

I do hope they find the little girl soon.

I spent most of today getting caught up as I have been off line this past week. After being off line from that rotten Nor'easter.

DeLoure
7th Nov 2011, 6:40 PM
I agree, frankokomando. I felt that the pharmacy scene with Glenn and Maggie was rushed and forced. There wasn't any chemistry between any of them.

I wanted to punch Shane in the face every single time he was on screen.
Daryl has become my favorite character thus far. (At first, I hated him!)
Why are we still looking for Sophia?! Besides, the only person who seems to care is Daryl.
Andrea was less annoying last night. I still want to punch her, though.
I wonder why Herschel wants the gang to leave?!
The zombie in the well scene was gross.
Who knew that a pregnancy test can give you results in an instant!?

coltraz
7th Nov 2011, 10:35 PM
The Sophia thing is getting really annoying, actually. I imagine they'll wind up finding her - and when they do, I'm going to want to jump through the TV and slap her around. She should have STAYED where she was told.

kristie91
7th Nov 2011, 10:41 PM
Yeah she should of stayed where she was told.. but slapping her around seems silly I'm sure shes learned her lesson enough by being off on her own and scared to death.
I don't really hate Shane but I never really cared from him in the first place so yeah..
I think its like five minutes or something usually for pregnancy tests.. something like that. Now that you mention the barn thing it makes me wonder.. Maybe he has a zombie or well walker as they call them in there that was related to him or something. Maybe he can't bring himself to kill it.

Yakumo-dono
8th Nov 2011, 12:52 AM
Sophia's a child, she got scared and ran to somewhere safe. Andrea is really ticking me off though, as said in Shawshank's Redempetion, 'Get busy living or get busy dying'.

The pregnancy test was pretty quick, but time always seems to go fast when you get bad news and slow when its good as far a television goes. It takes one minute to find out if you're pregnant, but episodes to find out if a child is alive or not. I wonder if Herschel has Sophia locked up in the barn, he's starting to look more and more suspicious.

@ Deloure: How could you hate Daryl?! He had me when he used a crossbow to kill a zombie.

kristie91
8th Nov 2011, 12:58 AM
I didn't think about him having Sophia in the barn... hmm.. interesting.. Well if he does have her its kind of shitty because her mother would like to see her and know shes alive. But maybe he thinks if Sophia goes with them that she'll die. So he locked her up to keep her alive because he thinks he can take care of her better or something.

gemma420
8th Nov 2011, 1:18 AM
i haven't seen the newest episode yet but oh my gosh, SO EXCITED. me and my mama make sure to watch it every night, haha. she refuses to watch horror movies etc but i convinced her to do it, and now it's our ritual to watch them together :) hehe. can't wait! i LOVE daryl, he's by far hands down THE best character!

DeLoure
8th Nov 2011, 2:01 AM
coltraz: Right?! The place Rick told her to stay in was possibly the safest place in the entire forest. Ugh, see?! This is why I have the 'dislikes children' trait. Those little brats never listen.

kristie91: I never had to take a pregnancy test so I'm not sure about the average number of time one must wait before retrieving the results but, I know that as soon as you pee on the stick-thing, it won't give you an answer seconds later. They could've at least cut to another scene or something to make it look like time has passed.

Yakumo-dono: Where is the safest place Sophia would run to?! I felt that the place Rick told her to hide would be the safest place in that particular area. The fact that she didn't listen to Rick and stay put shows that she couldn't survive in those woods. Those walkers are surprisingly fast.

Daryl got on my last nerve for much of the first season. As episodes went on, he became less of an asshole (I assume Shane took his place in the asshole department). Now, he's one of my favorites.

kristie91: Hmm...good point. What if Herschel is keeping Sophia tucked away?! I mean, there's something about him I just don't like. → Oh, I just realized I replied to you twice. Oh well. I was going in order of the messages. *Kanye shrug*

gemma420: I think it's nice that you and your mom watch the series together. The only thing my mom bothers to watch is NCIS reruns and Dr. G Medical Examiner. I was surprised that she watched and liked the first season of True Blood.

frankokomando
9th Nov 2011, 12:51 AM
I love Daryl! :D I want hug him even though he looks like he smells bad.

At this point I really hope Sophia has been turned into a zombie. >_>

When they showed Merle in the preview was I the only one that was all like "Merle! :D" ? I want to know what he's been up to this whole time.

Kathwynn
9th Nov 2011, 1:36 AM
I imagined that Merl will show up at some point. Sophia I think is stronger than most give her credit for being. Yea she pulled the usual stupid kid stunt of not staying where she belonged. At the same time I think Daryl has the right idea. She is a country kid. She will have an innate knack instinct for survival. And the scene between Daryl and Carol was a good one. As for that seduction scene. Sometimes one finds their pleasure where you can. Remeber these characters are living in a time of an extraordinary time of fear and death. How one reacts or even acts does become distorted.

Though I will reiterate what I have said from the beginning out side of Daryl and Glenn the rest are just fumbling their way to painful ends.

kiwi_tea
9th Nov 2011, 1:42 AM
Glenn is a dreamboat. He will be mine.

Sophia will survive. She has a lot of spirit, even if she did something stupid. If they're following the comics, then she's definitely not in the barn. Something *else* is in the barn.

kristie91
9th Nov 2011, 1:45 AM
Lol that makes me want to read the comics.. Is the tv show really different from the comics?

DeLoure
9th Nov 2011, 2:06 AM
Glenn is a dreamboat. He will be mine.

Sophia will survive. She has a lot of spirit, even if she did something stupid. If they're following the comics, then she's definitely not in the barn. Something *else* is in the barn.

Yes, I heard about that. I won't say as I don't want to spoil anything for anyone but, my curiosity got the better of me over at IMDb Walking Dead boards.

If they go that route, it'll be a nice turn of events.

coltraz
9th Nov 2011, 2:36 AM
I read a lot of the comic and couldn't get enough of it for a while. I actually forgot about what specifically happens with Hershel and them, til Kiwi said that, and I was reminded. The comics are good but I wound up bored with them after a while. Some things that happened in the show are quite true to the comics - other things not at all! For example, in the comic, Shane tries to murder Rick, but is shot by Carl in the nick of time. I was kind of sad this never happened in the show, but in the show, Shane is better left alive, I suppose.

kiwi_tea
9th Nov 2011, 3:10 AM
The comics aren't that great, in my opinion. They only have appeal via the current zombie-chic. The TV show is following them quite closely, but I'm a bit sad they're not working in more unambiguous social commentary. That's the whole appeal of the zombie genre, the way it casts real society an interesting and openly critical light, alongside to a lesser degree a study of alienation and survival. At the moment it's a bit too much like Family Drama Also With Zombies.

DeLoure
9th Nov 2011, 3:29 AM
The comics aren't that great, in my opinion. They only have appeal via the current zombie-chic. The TV show is following them quite closely, but I'm a bit sad they're not working in more unambiguous social commentary. That's the whole appeal of the zombie genre, the way it casts real society an interesting and openly critical light, alongside to a lesser degree a study of alienation and survival. At the moment it's a bit too much like Family Drama Also With Zombies.

:beer: AMEN! It has become too...Lost meets Grey's Anatomy for me. IMO, season one was gritty. It kicked you in the face. I loved that! Now...womp, womp.

coltraz
9th Nov 2011, 3:41 AM
That's weird... I'm actually finding the 2nd season better than the first. -shrug-

coltraz
14th Nov 2011, 3:15 AM
OK, Andrea is an idiot! Maybe she'll stop pretending to be a damn sharpshooter now. Ugh. I was hoping that she'd get snubbed by everyone afterwards, especially Dale.

frankokomando
14th Nov 2011, 3:30 AM
I wanted to punch Andrea! I literally yelled at my tv 'You stupid bitch!"

Shane is still being an annoying. I totally loved the part where Glenn told Dale that he had sex with Maggie :D Mostly because of Dale's facial expressions.

What up with the barn?

Lady_Chaos
14th Nov 2011, 3:43 AM
Shane makes me mad. At least Andrea is listening to Dale now. Glenn, don't go into the barn!!!!! I knew there were zombies there. Lory's baby is most definitely Shane's. Sophia can't be made a zombie, or I will kill somebody. Daryl is awesome, so I'm glad he's not dead. Merl better be dead. Carol and Daryl are very obvious, but I like it. Daryl and his crossbow shooting the zombies is epic.

frankokomando
14th Nov 2011, 3:45 AM
Was I the only that was happy to see Merle? D: Even if it was just a hallucination.

alliemarie2323
14th Nov 2011, 4:41 AM
I about smacked Andrea through my TV. She thinks she is entitled to be able to shoot a gun without thinking about the consequences. Hopefully that taught her a lesson.

frankokomando
14th Nov 2011, 4:51 AM
It probably didn't. :p

DeLoure
14th Nov 2011, 7:48 AM
Can they please wrap up the Sophia storyline?!
I really needed for someone to punch Andrea in the face after the stunt she pulled.
I was reeeally hoping that we'd see a zombie Sophia in the barn. Y'know, to kill two birds with one stone?
My desire to punch Shane in the throat continued in this episode. Because of this, I need for someone to inform Rick about Lori and Shane.

kiwi_tea
14th Nov 2011, 9:33 AM
Sophia is still alive. I'm 99% certain she's a survivor.

Not a bad episode, but I'm still feeling out-at-sea over this whole show's direction.

I doubt we're ever going to find out if Shane or Rick is the father, but that'll be a source of conflict.

Yakumo-dono
14th Nov 2011, 3:14 PM
Yeah, Sophia's still alive, the writers don't seem to be like Stephen King where most children, especially boys with blonde hair, are bumped off.

I can't stand Andrea, she never listens to what everyone is telling her. Daryl is so awesome, a little crazy and racist, but still so awesome. Even though the Merle in the episode was a hallucination, I still think he's alive somewhere. If he's even half as tough as his younger brother think he is, he's definitely still alive.

kiwi_tea
14th Nov 2011, 4:59 PM
We're also getting clues that Sophia is resourceful, her hiding in that pantry, her doll left by the stream.

Warning major spoiler, reveals comic-book plot for Sophia, which the TV show may not follow. Click at own risk:

Also, she's a major character in the comics. When Carol dies, she suffers a major traumatic breakdown, and ends up adopted by Maggie and Glenn. Sophia ends up convinced that Maggie is her real mum. She's also basically there to be Carl's gf.

Kathwynn
15th Nov 2011, 6:10 PM
I know i am a bit behind on watching the Walking Dead. Work schedules and the fact that i do not have cable tv..

However I understand where Shane is coming from.. I do not agree with his attitude. At the same time. He is right about one thing though. The group really needs to pull together and start acting as one.

As for Daryl. WOW! Tremendously great scenes. Having been in similiar mishaps It takes a lot of courage and being willing to tough out the pain. I thought he did a great job in emoting the pain and fear of that predicament that person caught in would feel. Though I could have slapped Andrea up along side of the head. I mean come on she took a shot that she could not be sure of in the first place. She really needs to work out her priorities.

As for the walkers in the barn I knew there was something shifty about that old man. It is going to bring a show down between Rick and the old Doc.

KasurinSama
18th Nov 2011, 5:11 AM
in my opinion, best zombie TV show ever~

Yakumo-dono
21st Nov 2011, 7:50 PM
WTF?! When will they find Sophia and why is Daryl the only one who seems to care if they find her or not?

Shane and Andrea, best couple in the series. He'll probably abandon her when he accidentally get injured by her awful shooting.

Kathwynn
22nd Nov 2011, 2:02 AM
Find Sophia already.. Come on.. Seriously?

Alright blondie just discovered she is a crack shot.. And???

This episode was more of a soap opera.. Sheeesh..

yes it is your best friend baby that your wife is carrying.. No Duh!

As for Glen I really hope he realizes that he is being manipulated.. And the walkers in the barn are more of a serious threat. Than i think any one realizes. Not just the potential of them breaking out. But that the walkers will find a way out of the barn.

coltraz
22nd Nov 2011, 3:59 AM
Yeah, that episode wasn't very good IMO. Everyone was a bit more annoying than usual. There doesn't seem to be much really happening. Things are dragging a bit. I no longer give a hoot about Sophia. Even the mum with the short hair seems to have moved on.

How come they have to feed the barn zombies chickens? Do zombies starve? What happens to them if they don't eat? I didn't understand that. Certainly all those zombies that wander aimlessly around the otherwise deserted cities never have anything to eat. I suppose the feeding could just be a gesture of goodwill toward their zombiefied family members, but it seemed stupid to me. I still don't know if a zombie apocalypse can be waited out or not.

Dale should kill Shane. I never know what to think of Shane... which might be interesting, but the writers don't seem to know either. Is he a villain or isn't he? I think he is meant to be a complex grey-area character, only he seems TOO "evil" at times to be taken seriously. I mean, what he said to Dale was just too much. Plus, sometimes I forget his attempt at rape last season - that sort of thing can't really be forgiven. And his and Andrea's romp in the car was disgusting. "Come on then... get over here!" Bleh. :wtf:

ReyaD
28th Nov 2011, 3:06 AM
Well I don't know about you guys but that ending just broke my heart. I'd considered the idea that the writers would do that but I never really wanted to believe it.

kiwi_tea
28th Nov 2011, 6:17 AM
About to watch the next episode. PLEASE tell me that someone kills Shane finally. (Only don't, that would be a spoiler).

OH NO THEY DIDN'T! I really don't like that. I like that they're not following the books, but really, she was a comic character that would have been far more interesting to develop than stupid, boring Carl.

DeLoure
28th Nov 2011, 9:52 PM
Last night's episode was bittersweet.

Even though I'm pleased that last night's episode killed two birds with one stone - something I suspected when we first saw zombies in the barn - it was a horrible scene to sit through.

I need someone to kick Shane's ass. Like NOW.

Yakumo-dono
29th Nov 2011, 5:02 AM
Hey, Shane though he's an a-hole, he has the guts to do what that Rick won't. He goes about it in one of the worst ways possible, but if it weren't for him, that group would've been dead long ago.

coltraz
29th Nov 2011, 11:08 AM
I just got around to watching the latest episode. I could not BELIEVE IT when Sophia walked out of the barn. I literally said aloud, "Ohhhhh myyyyy god..." I really didn't expect that. I actually feel disturbed right now. But I think it was a good twist.

Shane has definitely gone nuts. I was expecting someone to kill him. I can see his point but I really felt sorry for Hershel. They had no right to step in and take control like that. He was saving the zombies just fine before they came along, they were his guests, he wanted them gone, and this is how they repay him. They have no right to ask him to let them stay at the farm anymore.

I'm surprised no one is discussing the awful news that there wont be a new episode until February. What kind of bullshit is that?

Kathwynn
29th Nov 2011, 5:32 PM
Yeah, that episode wasn't very good IMO. Everyone was a bit more annoying than usual. There doesn't seem to be much really happening. Things are dragging a bit. I no longer give a hoot about Sophia. Even the mum with the short hair seems to have moved on.

How come they have to feed the barn zombies chickens? Do zombies starve? What happens to them if they don't eat? I didn't understand that. Certainly all those zombies that wander aimlessly around the otherwise deserted cities never have anything to eat. I suppose the feeding could just be a gesture of goodwill toward their zombiefied family members, but it seemed stupid to me. I still don't know if a zombie apocalypse can be waited out or not.

Dale should kill Shane. I never know what to think of Shane... which might be interesting, but the writers don't seem to know either. Is he a villain or isn't he? I think he is meant to be a complex grey-area character, only he seems TOO "evil" at times to be taken seriously. I mean, what he said to Dale was just too much. Plus, sometimes I forget his attempt at rape last season - that sort of thing can't really be forgiven. And his and Andrea's romp in the car was disgusting. "Come on then... get over here!" Bleh. :wtf:

"How come they have to feed the barn zombies chickens? Do zombies starve? What happens to them if they don't eat? I didn't understand that. Certainly all those zombies that wander aimlessly around the otherwise deserted cities never have anything to eat. I suppose the feeding could just be a gesture of goodwill toward their zombiefied family members, but it seemed stupid to me. I still don't know if a zombie apocalypse can be waited out or not."

I do not think they need to feed as much as the disease, the infection, whatever forces the body to bite anything that it can so as to spread.

Feeding the chickens to the walkers in the barn is more a case of the old vet way of believing that a part of the walkers is still human.

I saw the last episode.. Shit.. Sophia... [email protected] girl.. Rick showed why he is the leader. Only he could have taken the responsibility and duty. to put Sophia down. It also cements the groups stance that a Walker is not a person, but a walking dead body that needs to be stopped.

Shane is right about one thing though. The group seriously needs to face this reality head on. At the same time he needs to understand that Rick and not him is the leader. How that will work out is any ones guess.

And now I am going to sit here and open a bottle of Guinness. :Pint: :beer: :blink:

pingpongpanda
2nd Dec 2011, 5:11 AM
I love The Walking Dead, it's the only zombie show I've ever seen and I just love the storyline. It's good and I'm sad it's going to break now though.

SimsLover50
13th Dec 2011, 9:57 PM
I was sick over the weekend and watched the entire first and second part of the season. I personally find Lori a bit annoying. I also dislike the Lori/Rick/Shane love triangle. Shane is a bit of a jerk, but I think Lori/Shane have more chemistry and Shane sometime is villainized to make Rick and Lori look better. Lori was wrong to insist Shane have no involvement in his child's life. I just find that way too much. I think personally that Lori should be more involved in the defense of the camp. If she is mad at Shane for telling her that Rick was dead- why didn't she go to the hospital herself. Seems like she relies on the men to do too much for her.

Kathwynn
15th Dec 2011, 3:38 AM
Though in Lori defense she may not have had the chance. The flashbacks seem to suggest a quick exit from the town. With out too much time to grab much.

But you are right I think she is really dependent on the men in her life. Whether that is the way the character is written or just the way the actress is coming across. I am not to sure either way..

ModClod
15th Dec 2011, 8:57 PM
I saw the last episode, pretty dramatic with the whole Sophia being a zombie in the end.

Kathwynn
13th Feb 2012, 10:39 PM
Saw last night episode of the Walking Dead.

Well it started off where it ended last..

Every one is in shock. and Lori got stupid when she drove off. Though I did love Daryl Olive Oil crack.

malfoya
13th Feb 2012, 10:55 PM
Last episode must have been the most boring so far! After the Sophia being a zombie thing I was hoping that things would be more dramatic. This time I just found myself doing basically everything else on the Internet while watching! They have been stuck on the same barn for all of season 2 now, looking for Sophia or helping Carl recover. I miss season 1 and the road trips! And where's the walkers lately?

frankokomando
14th Feb 2012, 12:38 AM
I liked the part where Rick shot those two dudes. And I want to know what's wrong with Hershel's daughter (the one that fainted). I know a lot of people on this other forum seem to think his daughter somehow got infected when her mom attacked her.

I really wish they would they would do a flashback where they showed what happened to Sophia. I at least hope they make a webisode of it.

Kathwynn
14th Feb 2012, 1:53 AM
I think the daughter is infected.

However, I am also hoping that the group moves on soon. Even with Lori being pregnant.

grimreefer24601
14th Feb 2012, 6:33 AM
Sorry guys and gals, but this is the worst zombie "anything" I've ever seen.

I'm the type of person that should love this show, but I can't stand to watch a full episode.

I'm "bored" watching a zombie show! How wrong can you get?

Half of the last season I swear didn't have more than 2 zombies, but we sure knew who was f*cking who.

If this show doesen't get some "real" action, I really don't care about the next season.

anothereyjana
14th Feb 2012, 8:01 AM
I liked the part where Rick shot those two dudes. And I want to know what's wrong with Hershel's daughter (the one that fainted). I know a lot of people on this other forum seem to think his daughter somehow got infected when her mom attacked her.

I really wish they would they would do a flashback where they showed what happened to Sophia. I at least hope they make a webisode of it.

Agree to all of this, especially the Sophia webisode.

I do like how they're giving Glen a bit of development, he's my favorite on there, and it's cute to see how he and Maggie bounce off of each other--even if Maggie does make me roll my eyes from time to time, at least she (and Carol) are tolerable, unlike all of the other women on the show.

Carol and Daryl are kind of sweet together as well, and have an interesting relationship; not sure if I want them to try something romantic, or if they're better off just staying bffs.

Also, I'm a bit sad at how the episode with Sophia ended. Not just because it was tragic, but also because I can no longer use the phrase "Herschel's Magical Walker Barn" any longer. :(

frankokomando
14th Feb 2012, 5:18 PM
I can't figure out if I want Daryl and Carol to get together or not either. Sometimes I just want them to start making out, but other times I just feel like their really good friends.

I'm sad Sophia is dead because ,unless they find more survivors, Carl just lost the person to have is first kiss with :P

anothereyjana
15th Feb 2012, 7:29 AM
Just...this:
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/226/894/tumblr_lv1p4etJ7g1qzmowao1_500.jpg

aSimmersLife
19th Feb 2012, 7:29 PM
Alright, I know some will hate this but here goes anyway...

When Sophia came out of that barn, I yelled -- "Finally! Now they can stop looking for this girl who was so dead since episode 1!"

And she deserved it. Yep.

Why in the world did she run into the woods in the first place? That walking dead wasn't one of the fast ones, it was moving slow. She could have easily avoided it and ran towards one of the others, and if she didn't know where they were hidden -- at least run towards the other cars, not into the freakin' woods where you know there are more walkers. Yeah, she was a frightened girl, but if I'm frightened I'm running towards help, not away from it.

But no, she runs into the woods. She so deserved it.

malfoya
19th Feb 2012, 7:50 PM
Sorry guys and gals, but this is the worst zombie "anything" I've ever seen.

I'm the type of person that should love this show, but I can't stand to watch a full episode.

I'm "bored" watching a zombie show! How wrong can you get?

Half of the last season I swear didn't have more than 2 zombies, but we sure knew who was f*cking who.

If this show doesen't get some "real" action, I really don't care about the next season.

Actually the show is about the people surving a zombie apocalypse, and not really so much about the zombies. Though I agree that the show has lacked a little here and there. Like watching them look for a girl for half a season.. but it you are more about blood and killing I don't think this show serves that purpose for you. It's like Lost, it's about the characters relations and their struggles.

frankokomando
20th Feb 2012, 9:41 PM
So on last nights episode if I was Rick I would have just shot that kid and put him out his misery. :|

When Hershel, Glen, and Rick got back to the farm I felt really bad for Hershel when Maggie ran past him to hug Glen.

malfoya
20th Feb 2012, 9:52 PM
Am I the only one who likes Shane her? He's one of my absolutely favourite characters on the show. The most complicated and interesting one. I also find him having more chemistry with Lori than she has with Rick. Much more appealing to watch.

Last episode was pretty awesome btw. Things are getting a bit more exciting again it seems like.

frankokomando
20th Feb 2012, 10:13 PM
Am I the only one who likes Shane her? He's one of my absolutely favourite characters on the show. The most complicated and interesting one. I also find him having more chemistry with Lori than she has with Rick. Much more appealing to watch.

Last episode was pretty awesome btw. Things are getting a bit more exciting again it seems like.

I used to like Shane, but lately he's been getting on my nerves. =/

malfoya
20th Feb 2012, 10:15 PM
I used to like Shane, but lately he's been getting on my nerves. =/

I have the same thing going on with Lori. She's annoyed me a lot lately! How she is around Carl aswell.

frankokomando
27th Feb 2012, 9:37 PM
So am I the only one who thought that it was a jerk move of Andrea to let Beth try and kill herself? I don't really blame Maggie for being pissed at her.

I love how they went through all that trouble to get rid of Randell and at the end of the day Randell knew where Maggie and Herschel lived. I definitely loved the whole Shane trapped on a bus with zombies trying to eat him and he just looks out the window and sees Rick and Randell running away.

kiwi_tea
27th Feb 2012, 9:55 PM
I was annoyed that Shane didn't die. I'm at the point where I hate pretty much every character except Glenn, Carol and Herschel - they're all so childish, macho, and murderous, and the show really treats these traits as virtues solely becoz: ZMOBIES!!.

At least George Romero used zombies to explore the human condition in interesting ways. This show is using zombies to quench the writers' thirst for gore and to set the stage for immature, macho "life lessons".

I'm still watching, but more and more I ask myself why.

Kathwynn
27th Feb 2012, 11:04 PM
Andrea did something extremely stupid in letting the girl attempt suicide. No matter if it worked. It was not something that was up to her to decided.

As for Lori.

Well she did need to be taken down a peg or two. Her husband is not the chief of a tribe. At least not yet.

As for Shane and Rick. The fight had to happen. No way around it. But now Shane is going to have to make decisions of whether to stay or go.

Personally, I think the SOB needs to go. Along with Andrea, but that is my opinion.

I think that in the end they all are going to have leave.

The farm house is to open. To easy to attack. Both from other survivors and any large group of walkers that might stumble through the area.

From the few shots of the farm house and surrounding land. In my opinion is rotten ground to be defending. Too many approaches and not enough people to cover the area effectively.

frankokomando
28th Feb 2012, 2:20 AM
I thought Shane was going to die in this episode especially when Rick and Randall ran away, but sadly they came back to save him. =/ I'm kind of hoping Shane dies this season.

I'm hoping they leave the farm soon, I'm kind of tired of it.

mustluvcatz
28th Feb 2012, 2:34 AM
Andrea did something extremely stupid in letting the girl attempt suicide. No matter if it worked. It was not something that was up to her to decided.

Honestly, I felt the same way at first. But when you think about it, they're fighting to survive. Someone really did need to call that girl's bluff. Now they (and she) know that she didn't really want to die and can concentrate on more important things. If it were a normal world- then I could see babying her along and keeping things nice and calm until they could get her straightened out.

That said, I'm glad the hunt for Sophia is over and the walkers in the barn are done with. Things are getting more interesting again.

aSimmersLife
3rd Mar 2012, 6:04 AM
I thought Shane was going to die in this episode especially when Rick and Randall ran away, but sadly they came back to save him. =/ I'm kind of hoping Shane dies this season.

I laughed when I read this, because I'm hoping for the same thing. I've so had it with Shane.

mustluvcatz
5th Mar 2012, 3:02 AM
Without giving too much away (in case someone hasn't seen this week's episode or is still watching it somewhere, somehow)- can anyone think of 1 good reason for Carl not telling everyone about the walker he saw? That kid deserves a good whipping.

frankokomando
5th Mar 2012, 3:41 AM
Dude, I hate Carl! I hope he gets eaten in the next episode because of the whole walker thing and because he was mean to Carol. Even though I knew what was going to happen (because I looked up spoilers :)) it still made me really sad :(

Kathwynn
5th Mar 2012, 11:49 PM
As I have stated before.. To open. Not enough people to cover the area.

And with that said Dale death is not just a tragedy, but should be seen for what it is. The area around the farm house is rotten ground to be defending.

And with this Walker I suspect there will be more Walkers coming their way.

As for the aborted execution. Well I guess there is a little humanity left. Just hope it does not get some one else killed..

Carl has grown up to quick. He is what the future holds.

But here is a question. Is Merle with this other group. Merle does owe T-Dog and Rick big time.

And speaking of T-Dog are they ever going to give this man more than few lines in an episode?

frankokomando
6th Mar 2012, 12:21 AM
I'm surprised the farm hasn't been overrun with walkers, especially with all the gun fire, like when Shane and Rick were teaching everyone how to shoot guns and when they had the barn shootout. You would think that, that would've attached some walkers.

They need a T-dog centered episode. Hell, even Beth has had more screen time than him. I think last nights episode his only line was 'Aw, hell no.' =/

I'm hoping Merle's with the other group just for the fact I want to see Merle again. Even though he's a racist, Merle's one of the my favorite characters.

aSimmersLife
8th Mar 2012, 5:51 AM
It's sad to see Dale go, but well...he had to. He was clinging onto a world that no longer exists, and he was bound to get someone killed sooner or later.

It's about survival now. They will all end up doing some things that morally they hate, but must do in order to survive.

As far as Carl -- even though the TV series does not exactly follow its comic book series, in watching the previews for the next episode where Rick gives Carl a gun ... nothing good is going to come from that. Carl is starting his journey on the road of No Good and the cross-path of If Things Can Go Wrong, It Will.

omegastarr82
8th Mar 2012, 5:59 AM

I am team Shane all the way!

kiwi_tea
12th Mar 2012, 5:40 AM
Well. That was extremely disturbing in every possible way.

mustluvcatz
12th Mar 2012, 6:50 AM
It was, wasn't it. I gotta say that I really didn't see that coming. (I've never read the comic and I don't pay any attention to spoilers so I really didn't see that coming.)

aSimmersLife
12th Mar 2012, 12:00 PM
It happened in a different way in the comic series, so I didn't expect it in this last episode. I was shocked myself. "Wow, didn't see that coming," -- were my exact words after the scene.

In comparison to the comic, it was interesting how they completely switched who killed the live Shane and who killed the walker Shane.

With Shane on the expired list now, I'm thinking Merle is going to make his re-appearance some time soon. The show is going to need a new antagonist with Shane gone.

I do like how in the last 3 episodes they have been building on the fact that you do not have to be bitten or scratched to become a walker. This may be part of what the CDC scientist, Dr. Jenner, whispered to Rick at the end of the first season.

Kathwynn
12th Mar 2012, 5:53 PM
Wow knew it was going to come, but did expect it this soon. Yeah I am hoping Merle does make an appearance soon. But as I have so often pointed out what rotten ground that farmhouse is for defending. I can see that is going to come to true. Fortunately, every one will have a solid wall. Possibly being able to fight off this round. But they are going to keep on coming though.

But real question is where to go.

Short of finding a survivalist stronghold. It is going to be a running battle. Add in the fact there is another angry armed group in the area. It is not going to get any better.

frankokomando
12th Mar 2012, 9:28 PM
I wanted more Zombie Shane. :| Though I did like how they had Carl shoot zombie Shane.

Spitfire Mouse
13th Mar 2012, 12:45 AM
All I can say right now is that I'm so f'ing pissed off that my head feels like it's gonna blow steam any second.

My husband and I watch this together. He's out of town, so I recorded it to watch together when he gets home. As much as I wanted to watch it, I didn't because it's one of the very few shows that my husband actually looks forward to and will sit down and watch with me.

I have the page "liked" on Facebook.

Guess what those dumbass f'ing idiots in charge of the Facebook page did today.

They completely spoiled the episode!!! :faceslap:

OMG! Seriously? Could they be any more stupid or willfully ignorant of the fact that not every human being watches it on the night it airs? Not to mention the poor folks living in other countries who don't even get it until later in the week!

They didn't spoil the death in the previous episode so we were properly dumbfounded when it happened. So why so stupid now?

UGH I'm so mad! And have now "unliked" the page.

frankokomando
13th Mar 2012, 12:53 AM
If it helps any I had the episode spoiled like 2 weeks before it even aired. =/ I really need to stop going to other The Walking Dead forums. Hell, today I was on a forum and they had already spoiled the season finale. -.-

I found this picture on other forum and thought I'd share :D

http://i39.tinypic.com/14mz0g3.jpg

malfoya
13th Mar 2012, 12:55 AM
Meh. Making the most annoying character kill my favourite character was not good :( Though I honestly have to say the episode in itself was completely AWESOME!
I just hope they find someone that can replace Shane, though I find it hard. I already find a bunch of these people too annoying. Rick (prefer him speaking British also), Lori and Carl. That whole random farmhouse family.. Glenn, Daryl and Andrea are great though :) A guy we need to see more of is T-dog!!

frankokomando
13th Mar 2012, 1:05 AM
I know, right!? I'm glad T-dog had more than two lines in last nights episode!

aSimmersLife
13th Mar 2012, 3:57 AM
If anyone is interested, AMC will be airing a marathon this coming Sunday of all the Season 2 episodes, leading up to the finale later that night.

kiwi_tea
13th Mar 2012, 4:26 AM
@frankokomando - Why are we picking on Lori, it's just as much Rick's responsibility. They're both very distant, incompetent parents. I hate how this show falls back so heavily on "macho" stereotypes for male characters. The guys in this show are just such meat-headed morons, with *maybe* the exception of Glenn.

frankokomando
13th Mar 2012, 9:04 PM
Because in every scene she's in with Carl she always tells someone to watch Carl while she goes off and does something else :P

kiwi_tea
13th Mar 2012, 9:18 PM
At least she's there with him sometimes. More than you can say for Rick most of the time.

frankokomando
14th Mar 2012, 2:26 AM
I know, Carl can't win. Rick pretty much completely ignores him and Lori just tells someone else to watch him.

...So, I guess I'm the only one that found the picture funny? :|

harmonee_el
14th Mar 2012, 4:28 AM
I believe Shane is going to turn into some sort of super zombie!Now I don't care for his character,and I hope he is dead and gone,but I don't believe he is.

kiwi_tea
14th Mar 2012, 7:36 AM
It's funny, it just seems a bit sexist that it's picking on the mum and letting the dad off the hook.

malfoya
14th Mar 2012, 5:29 PM
I believe Shane is going to turn into some sort of super zombie!Now I don't care for his character,and I hope he is dead and gone,but I don't believe he is.

Sadly (for me) he is. The actor, Jon Bernthal, has joined up on a new show and that's why he left.

frankokomando
14th Mar 2012, 10:05 PM
It's funny, it just seems a bit sexist that it's picking on the mum and letting the dad off the hook.

I did find the picture on a forum where pretty much everyone on there loves Rick, but hates Lori. :|

Finaleia
14th Mar 2012, 10:26 PM
I can't be mad at Lori. I don't understand why people do what they do, but Lori can't be blamed IMO.

Carl, on the other hand... I was yelling at my TV when he was throwing rocks at that walker!!! I was all like WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE YOU DOING?!

Meh, I still like the show. Shane was getting annoying with his unpredicatableness.

Do y'all think the virus is already in everyone at this point and that they all will be walkers regardless of how they die?

Kathwynn
15th Mar 2012, 10:00 PM
I know, Carl can't win. Rick pretty much completely ignores him and Lori just tells someone else to watch him.

...So, I guess I'm the only one that found the picture funny? :|

I found it amusing as well. She seems to think that Carl should be looked after by every one , but her. i find her annoying these days.. Rick is not the leader of the tribe . At least not yet. She really needs to take what Andrea said to her to heart. She is another one that is not to wrapped to tight either.

I didn't like Daryl in the beginning, but he is turning into an interesting character on many levels. Though his problems are only going to get worse the day Merle shows up and wants to know why both Rick and T-dog are still breathing.

Kathwynn
15th Mar 2012, 10:06 PM
I can't be mad at Lori. I don't understand why people do what they do, but Lori can't be blamed IMO.

Carl, on the other hand... I was yelling at my TV when he was throwing rocks at that walker!!! I was all like WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE YOU DOING?!

Meh, I still like the show. Shane was getting annoying with his unpredicatableness.

Do y'all think the virus is already in everyone at this point and that they all will be walkers regardless of how they die?

I think that is the conclusion.. That what ever this virus, parasite, kool aid or whatever it is. It is now in every one system waiting for the chance to present it self.

Something to ponder as well..

At least twice now they have the images of a person that was infected and dying with images of a zombie growling and walking towards that person.

I wonder if there is not a metaphysical side to this as well.. Just wondering is all.

mustluvcatz
18th Mar 2012, 10:12 AM
*haz a sad* No cable anymore as it wasn't in my name. And I wasn't paying a $200 cable bill just to keep it. So no Walking Dead for me tonight. No Walking Dead Marathon for me today. *haz an extreme sad* I know, I know- I can always watch it online later, but it's not the same as watching on Sundays!

coltraz
18th Mar 2012, 8:07 PM
I'm really annoyed with Carl and I'd definitely pin the blame for Dale's death on his antics with the walker in the mud.

1. He could have not gone wandering into the woods like an idiot in the first place.

2. He should have left the walker where it was, so it remained stuck in the mud. It only came loose from the mud because he was there giving it a rough time with rocks and whatnot.

3. He should have shot the thing when he had a chance, and not run off like a chickenshit.

I have no sympathy for him. When he saw the walker that disemboweled Dale and whined and threw himself into his mother's embrace, I shouted, "Yeah, and it's YOUR FAULT." Because it is!

I'm not happy Dale was killed off at all. He was basically the only character on the show I cared about. Now I don't care about any of them. But I guess his death is for the best in terms of reality. He's right that to kill their hostage makes them no different from the men they fear, and he's right to want to keep his humanity. It IS a choice whether you want to take on the mentality of "every man for himself" or remain civil. Unfortunately you won't last long picking the latter, but there is much more dignity to it so Dale died because he refused to abandon his morals and even said he didn't want to live in a world of such insanity.

kiwi_tea
18th Mar 2012, 8:11 PM
Pro-social attitudes are extremely advantageous a lot of the time, so I wouldn't agree with you that remaining civil is a disadvantage. I actually think their "every man for himself" attitudes are endangering the group and individuals over and over again. Sometimes that anti-social and highly paranoid state they're all in is advantageous, but really it's just conducive of drama. They're kinda all stupid. :P

aSimmersLife
19th Mar 2012, 12:55 PM
"Christ promised the Resurrection of the Dead, I just thought He had something different in mind." Did anyone else burst out laughing when Hershel said that line in the final episode?? Hahaha! That was funny, even if it wasn't meant to be -- especially coming from him.

I really thought Hershel wasn't going to make it through this episode. It got uncomfortably close there for a moment. Rest in zombie pieces farm. You won't be missed. It was good to finally see the group in another setting, even if it was back on the road they started on in the beginning of the season.

I like how the camera zoomed in on the Sophia note that was still visible on the windshield from when it was written during the 1st episode of the season. It made me think of how much they had gone through since then.

Kathwynn
19th Mar 2012, 12:58 PM
I think Rick is finally understanding his place now. Lori needs to get over herself. Rick did what had to be done. Personally, I would not have mentioned what the doc had told him either.

The raving of a mad man may contain truth, but not always reflect reality. Which begs another question. Just how sure could doctor wacko know every one was infected if they can not even identify the virus, parasite, koolaid, whatever.

Hated to say I was right about the farm. To open. Rotten ground to be defending. Not enough people to cover the area. Throw in the fact that there was only minimal effort at defense. That is being kind. The attack on the farm was just waiting to happen.

And I wonder just who was the little warped red riding hood with her two tame walkers in tow.

As for Shane death. Was really hoping he would have left maybe taking Andrea with him. Those two deserved each other. But yea I saw it coming. He made his decisions. And ended up making the all wrong ones.

As for the group. I think once Rick pulls his head out of his @ss as it looks like he is doing now. That the dynamics will change with in the group into a more survival mode. Instead of playing off all this as though it were a temporary catastrophe. That tomorrow or the next day it would all be over. It isn't and it is long past time for the group to come to grips with that fact.

And just where is the helicopter going to or coming from. It looks as though some where there are is a group that has maintained some sort of organization and infrastructure. Government? Paramilitary? Or just a large group of highly organized individuals?

I guess maybe next seasons to learn of some of these answers.

Kathwynn
19th Mar 2012, 1:11 PM
"Christ promised the Resurrection of the Dead, I just thought He had something different in mind." Did anyone else burst out laughing when Hershel said that line in the final episode?? Hahaha! That was funny, even if it wasn't meant to be -- especially coming from him.

I really thought Hershel wasn't going to make it through this episode. It got uncomfortably close there for a moment. Rest in zombie pieces farm. You won't be missed. It was good to finally see the group in another setting, even if it was back on the road they started on in the beginning of the season.

I like how the camera zoomed in on the Sophia note that was still visible on the windshield from when it was written during the 1st episode of the season. It made me think of how much they had gone through since then.

It gave me a good chuckle as he showed that while he has tried to be a man of faith. He has a ways to go to understanding that sometimes what is written in a book 2000 years ago. Does not always mean something so literal.

For a moment there I thought Hershel was going to go down in a futile defense of his farm. I am happy that he was able to survive.

He is the closet thing to medical doctor that they have. Having him with in the group actually gains them an advantage for surviving.

Yes I do agree that showing the message does show just how many changes has occurred. It was also good way to connect with the first episode and give a context to the group now leaving. Very well done in my opinion.

aSimmersLife
19th Mar 2012, 1:32 PM
The helicopter is going to what looks like a prison or some other government type structure. It's the same helicopter shown in the very beginning of the episode -- the one that made the walkers look up at and start stumbling their way towards...eventually leading them to Hershel's farm.

With Rick, I think he made the right decision to not disclose what the CDC scientist had told him until he was positive it was true and the group needed to know. Imagine the mayhem if they had all known since then they were all already infected. Unfortunately for Rick though, because he held onto this secret for so long it's just another reason for everyone to question his leadership.

As far as Lori...oh where to start with this one.

How can Lori be that upset with Rick for killing Shane? She had such venom in her eyes and pure disgust when she looked at him. Knowing Shane wasn't Mr. Innocent and that he killed Otis -- how could she treat Rick that way? But of course, killing Otis was OK since it was to save her son. She probably would have been happier if it was Shane standing there lying about how Rick was killed by Randall. I know she still loved Shane, but dayum Rick is her husband and the father of her child! I already disliked Lori, but she is now officially on the "Must Expire Real Soon" list.

kiwi_tea
19th Mar 2012, 2:20 PM
I found that whole episode unsatisfying. This show has serious pacing issues.

Stewie20Flakes
19th Mar 2012, 11:17 PM
T-dog had a decent amount of lines. Just saying

frankokomando
20th Mar 2012, 12:12 AM
I thought it was a good finale. And yay for Michonne and her walker pets. :D

malfoya
20th Mar 2012, 1:23 AM
I enjoyed the finale. Loads of things happening.. like that hooded person, zombie action and the gang finally moving from that farm. I was getting a little bored there. Also (rip) they got rid of some of the more anonymous characters. Still wish they would have taken Lori and Carl along. I'm kinda getting tired of that whole family. Since they killed of Shane I'm just hoping that Daryll, Glenn and Andrea will stick along for some time! They seem to be killing of some interesting characters on the way, and can easily leave us at the end of the show with Lori.. argh. She's got some double standards.

Kathwynn
11th Oct 2012, 2:25 AM
In just a few more days the return of the series... YESSS!!!!

The webisodes are an interesting filler.

But now we see if this group really does have what it takes to survive. And the return of Merle. Daryl had better figure out a good reason for T Dog and Rick to be still sucking air. Maybe it wont matter. Merle doesn't look like he is to wrapped to tight. Not that he was wrapped to tight to begin with in the first season. So maybe he will actually believe that his younger brother was saving them for him.. RIIGGHHTTT...

coltraz
11th Oct 2012, 4:04 AM
Wow, it is already time for that to come back on isn't it? It seems like it just ended!

Haven't seen the webisodes and don't care to, but I'm quite excited to see how they'll get on in the prison. I read most of the comics - won't spoil anything but the prison stuff was cool in the comics.

Merle is returning? Wow.

Edit: Oh, I just realised it seems like it just ended because they split last season into 2.

frankokomando
11th Oct 2012, 6:01 PM
I'm so excited for the new season to start! I can't wait to see Merle :D

ETA: HERSHEL!! :cry:

Kick ass season premiere though. I can't wait until Lori's baby is born.

mustluvcatz
15th Oct 2012, 9:44 AM
Wow. I am so glad they're off the farm. Awesome premiere. It can only get better, right? :) It kind of weird seeing Lori with that big old belly though- since she didn't have even a little bump at the end of last season. It's realistic- if I didn't see someone for 6 months (or however long it's been) she'd have a big belly now. It was just odd to see since it's NOT real life and, to me, time hasn't passed for the show between the seasons.

Btw, I have to remind myself to stay out of this thread until I actually watch a whole episode, lol. The whole Hershel thing was almost spoiled for me.

frankokomando
15th Oct 2012, 3:01 PM
Oops! Sorry about that.

It was weird though seeing Lori with a big stomach. When I saw it I was all like "How much time has pasted since last season?!" I was expecting them to just pick up where they left off last season. :|

Kathwynn
16th Oct 2012, 1:25 AM
From the conversations sounds like the group had been on the run all winter.

But Hershel getting bit was a shocker. I can only hope he was saved. Doubtful at this point. Still the group is coming together. That is a plus. Still need work on small squad tactics. However they are working as a group. I wonder who the cons are and how they are going to work within the group. If at all.
I can not wait to see next week. A great start to this season.

frankokomando
22nd Oct 2012, 2:51 AM
Shit is intense and the episode isn't even over yet. D:

cree
22nd Oct 2012, 3:13 AM
That show scares the crap outta my dad. It gave him bad dreams and my mum complained about him waking up in the middle of the night screaming. I just dream about zombie games, often ones played on the PS3. I love those dreams. They are always games I make up. I guess this proves my career in the future.

Lady_Chaos
22nd Oct 2012, 3:28 AM
UISbnevswEFIUHM Scary as heck. But still good.

frankokomando
22nd Oct 2012, 7:06 PM
I was sad when Big Tiny died. :( He just wanted to call his moms.

Oh, and I'm so happy Rick gave a machete to the head to Thomas (Tomas? I don't really remember what his name was). He totally deserved it after "accidentally" trying to kill Rick. I totally freaked out when Hershel stopped breathing :cry: I was yelling at my TV when Lori was giving Hershel CPR "Save him, you bitch!" D: But luckily I think he's going to be okay. :)

Spitfire Mouse
23rd Oct 2012, 4:33 AM
I was sad when Big Tiny died. :( He just wanted to call his moms.

Oh, and I'm so happy Rick gave a machete to the head to Thomas (Tomas? I don't really remember what his name was). He totally deserved it after "accidentally" trying to kill Rick. I totally freaked out when Hershel stopped breathing :cry: I was yelling at my TV when Lori was giving Hershel CPR "Save him, you bitch!" D: But luckily I think he's going to be okay. :)

Yeah, Big Tiny getting killed bummed me out since I think he could have been an asset to the group once he had adjusted. But I think they used his death as a very clear illustration to Rick that Tomas was going to have to be taken care of sooner than he expected. Same with his little crony buddy. Rick taking off after the crony was SO STUPID! He should have yelled at someone to follow him. He's lucky he didn't get lost or run into a group of walkers.

The CPR with Hershel almost made me fall off the couch! I thought he was gonna bite her face off.

I have to say there haven't been any other episodes that I can call to mind that have actually made me laugh. When the prisoners take off on their own and start "shanking" the walkers, I just busted out laughing.

frankokomando
23rd Oct 2012, 6:00 PM
The little prison riot they did to the zombies was hilarious! I was just staring at my TV going didn't Rick just tell them not to break formation? It was pretty great. :D

Yeah, Rick going after Andrew was stupid, I mean what could have happened if he let Andrew go? It's not like Andrew would have come back on his own and try to take down Rick's group. :P . I was just waiting for a pack of walkers to come out and get both of them. Sad thing is Andrew could had lived if he hadn't ran away, but I did feel kind of bad that Rick just let him get eaten alive by walkers. Seems like a terrible way to go.

I know! When Hershel grabbed onto Lori's face I was like "NOOOO! :cry:" I don't like it when the show makes me think they killed off characters I like.

Kathwynn
23rd Oct 2012, 6:15 PM
Hershel death was a shocker and Lori doing CPOR was the bravest action that I have seen from her. Though earlier when carl came back with the supplies. Does show that Lori had better come to terms that her son has grown up fast. He is not a child any more.

But the scenes between Lori and rick do show that they are slowly coming together again.

As for the prisoners. Glad Rick took care of Tomas? Thomas? Quickly. He was a threat that needed to be taken care of quickly. It was stil a little bit of a shock that Rick killed him so fast. I was afraid that it was going to turn into another power struggle that neither Rick nor the group could afford to go through a second time.

Big Tiny death was a shocker I had hoped he would survive. As for the fool that ran. Well it is not a fair world and he was more of a liability than an asset to the group. Personally, I am of the opinion the two surviving prisoners had better take a long look at their options and make some decisions fast. As I do not think Rick is really going to give them much time.

As to who was in the trees. Any guesses? Merle, maybe? Some random survivor perhaps?

frankokomando
23rd Oct 2012, 9:22 PM
A lot of people on some of the walking dead message boards think its Merle, but I don't think it is. At first I thought was a walker and I went into panic mood because I thought Carol was going to get eaten. Then I realized it wasn't a walker and just figured it was Axel or the other guy with Axel getting the dead walkers out of their cell block and one of them just happened to see her cutting up a dead walker. I'm probably way off on this, but whatevski. :)

Spitfire Mouse
23rd Oct 2012, 11:40 PM
But the scenes between Lori and rick do show that they are slowly coming together again.

I don't get that vibe. When Rick first showed up, you could tell Lori was stunned but relieved. Now after the whole Shane thing, I get the feeling that there's a lot more distance between them. It seems like she might be trying to reconnect, but it doesn't look like it's happening. I mean, wow, that last scene with them had Lori kind of wanting to open up and talk about their relationship, then Rick just patting her on the shoulder and telling her they were all grateful for what she did before heading back inside? That doesn't appear anything like them resolving any issues. Even my husband said "She's just one of the group now."

Maybe Rick just can't feel invested right now, he's been leading the group through a rough winter of constant traveling and is probably drained emotionally.
Maybe he can't reconcile himself to the fact that there's a possibility she's carrying Shane's baby.
Maybe he'll come around once the baby is born.
In any case, there's a huge chasm between them and only time will tell if there's any chance of them bridging it.

As to who was in the trees. Any guesses? Merle, maybe? Some random survivor perhaps?

I don't think it's Merle. In the next episode preview, they show him with Andrea and Michonne and my understanding from what I've read so far is that they aren't in the same vicinity as the prison. That could be wrong as we haven't been introduced to the group Andrea and Michonne come across and where they are in relation to the prison. So maybe it's someone from that encampment.

Maybe it is Merle and when he motions Andrea to be quiet, perhaps that's an indication that he'll be an ally. Perhaps to find out if she knows where Daryl is and then to help them reunite with the group.

I guess we'll find out on Sunday's episode. :D

Kathwynn
24th Oct 2012, 12:33 AM
Sometimes Spitfire when one partner can not articulate for his or her feelings. So a touch can be a way of reaching out. That would be in my opinion of what we are seeing. Rick is heavily invested with keeping his people alive. Lori is his wife. So it put Rick in a bad place as a leader that loses or gets members hurt.

He needs to let Lori know he still there, but just can not reach out more than that at the moment. At the very least, it lets Lori knows she is not cut off from him completely. So as a woman fighting to get her marriage back she will take what she can at the moment. While supporting her husband in public and what little privacy they may have at any moment in time.

I threw Merle name out only as a possibility. Not as definite. Like you I can not wait till next week episode.. :)

Spitfire Mouse
25th Oct 2012, 2:04 AM
I think you're forgetting just how manipulative Lori was during season 2, especially at the end concerning Shane and Rick.

It's accepted fact that she stirred the pot between the two which causes Rick to kill Shane. When he tells her he killed Shane she then pulls away from him showing a good amount of disgust and disbelief even after she all but told Rick that Shane needed to be "taken care of".

Speculation on the reason ranges from her thinking Rick will be more like Shane now; her being angry that Shane died and not Rick because she secretly wanted Shane instead; self-loathing for instigating the rift between the men and now taking it out on Rick; and other theories, none of which have been confirmed mainly because it doesn't matter.

We also don't know what happened over the winter. If that matters, we'll only know if and when flashbacks are shown.

I think this statement from another viewer sums up how most people interpreted the end of episode 2:

"Later in the episode, Lori seeks some kind of comfort from Rick, but he is finished playing the chump in their rather one-sided marriage. They clearly both know the relationship is irreparably damaged when Lori cracks a joke about how to get divorced when society is gone and Rick doesn't argue. There's a moment between the two where viewers would have expcted to see an embrace in past seasons, but now Rick can barely stand to pat his "wife" on the shoulder, keeping his body at arm's length."

Now, as to whether they can reconcile, especially after the baby arrives, remains to be seen. I think it's possible, but won't be surprised if it doesn't happen.

Darby
25th Oct 2012, 2:49 AM
Hey, I just found this thread and read the whole thing. Need I say that I'm a fan? :D

Comments, in no particular order:
There really haven't been any characters I can't appreciate on some level. Lori is the most annoying, but I don't think she's a bad mom.

Unlike many, I LOVE Andrea! I thought her handling of Amy's death was amazing, and she didn't strike me as "whiny" at all, just understandably iffy about whether or not life in the zombie apocalypse was worth living. It upset me that she was at odds with Dale for awhile there. I could see both sides.

I liked Shane too, and understood where he was coming from most of the time, but he definitely needed to die. He'd become downright unhinged and too much a loose cannon. I think his constant harangues about Rick not having what it takes to protect the group were unfair, but in that scene where the group spots Rick herding that walker on a catch pole, it was hard not to see him (Rick) as completely emasculated at that moment. And even though it was a grievous affront to Herschel for Shane to do what he did next, I couldn't help but applaud it.

Daryl is the bomb! Merle is a disgusting cretin that I'm not really that eager to see again, but I did like the hallucination scene a great deal.

Herschel defending the farm at the end of season 2 was awesome. Dude was a zombie-killing MACHINE.

As for more recent episodes, boo for Herschel getting bit. Yay for evil psycho dude getting Rick's machete to the head in short order. I was dreading that relationship being drawn out in a long conflict.

Okay, now someone tell me why Rick is so pissed at Lori? He said he'd guessed early on that she and Shane had had an affair, and he thought it understandable. Now she's all "I know I'm a bad wife..." and shit, and he's colder than the Artic to her. He wasn't at the end of season 2, so what changed?

Also, after watching season 2 a second time, I noticed that although Lori was shocked at hearing Rick say he'd killed Shane, the point at which she pulled away in utter disgust was when she learned that Carl was the one who shot zombie Shane. Does anyone else see that her horror over Carl having been the one to do that was greater than her shock over Rick having killed him? Especially since she'd out and out said he needed to?

As for Carl, I get that Lori needs to let him grow up, but his going off to find the infirmary on his own was a stupid-ass move. Not because he's a kid, but because it's the ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE, for freak's sake. No one goes off alone, or if they do, they TELL SOMEONE. He can't be trusted with adult responsibilities as long as his attempts to prove he can be are so reckless.

And finally, I adore Glenn and Maggie together. :lovestruc

frankokomando
25th Oct 2012, 5:57 PM
I think a lot of Rick's anger is coming from the fact Lori basically told him to kill Shane and when he did and he told her, she was angry with him and disgusted at him for doing it. I also think some of it has to due with the baby. I think Rick is starting to realized that the baby probably isn't his.

Darby
25th Oct 2012, 6:46 PM
I figured he'd already come to terms with the baby maybe not being his, so I don't think that's it. But being ticked over her negative response to his having done what she'd earlier encouraged does make sense - thanks. :up:

Not that I think he killed Shane because she told him to, necessarily. Seems like the need was pretty obvious, outside of what Lori'd said, once he realized Shane was setting him up.

missroxor
25th Oct 2012, 6:48 PM
I have to agree with those who said that Rick and Lori's relationship is not on the mend ATM. They seem to have switched roles a bit. Last season Lori had a tendency to be a bit cold hearted and was very much about her and Carl whereas Rick was motivated by "the greater good" and protecting the group while maintaining a clear conscience

This season, Lori doesn't have her choice of alpha males beating their chest over her so it seems like she's been forced to be less selfish and care more about the group and Rick has gone completely bad ass! Now he's the one that doesn't think twice about killing someone who's in his way D: I think everyone he's killed had to die for the sake of the group but the old Rick would have at least entertained the idea of an alternative to death for longer than 3seconds! I feel like he's becoming too hardened and losing his humanity a little and I'm wondering if it will take a death (Lori, Carl or the baby) for him to soften up again? :(

PS I don't care if Carl is supposedly all grown up and bad ass now, he's still the most annoying kid on the planet!!

Darby
25th Oct 2012, 7:36 PM
I don't find Carl annoying so much as difficult to read. I mean, is he mature in ways he shouldn't be, due to having been forced to grow up too fast by unusually bad circumstances, or is he a psychopath in the making?

His emphatic, "Do it, Dad." when Rick was about to execute Randall, what was that? Bloodlust, or him offering encouragement to Rick, who was obviously struggling with what most agreed needed to be done. I couldn't tell. It was highly disturbing, either way.

Then there's the scene in the field, right after Rick killed Shane. Carl's drawn gun looked to be squarely aimed at Rick, and it certainly seemed like he was pissed and about to shoot his own dad for killing Shane, who he also loved. It's not realistic to assume he was expecting Shane to turn zombie and attack, nor that he'd be lining up the shot from where he was, because Rick was directly between him and Shane's body.

So, either Carl was considering shooting his dad and they've since glossed that over, or the directing was really clumsy in that scene. I suspect the intention was to make us think for a moment that he was about to shoot Rick, but if so, that was a cheap shock value moment they shouldn't have attempted if they couldn't make it more believable than that.

frankokomando
25th Oct 2012, 8:46 PM
I figured he'd already come to terms with the baby maybe not being his, so I don't think that's it. But being ticked over her negative response to his having done what she'd earlier encouraged does make sense - thanks. :up:

I'm just guessing on what I watched on the behind scenes videos on amctv.com :|

Darby
25th Oct 2012, 9:06 PM
Hey, your speculation is every bit as valid as mine, and may very well reflect what the writers intend. I didn't mean to be argumentative at all. I just don't buy that angle completely at this point. :)

frankokomando
25th Oct 2012, 10:52 PM
I didn't find what you said argumentative at all. :) I was just kind of sourcing where I got the baby and Shane theory.

Darby
26th Oct 2012, 12:09 AM
Ah. Sorry about the misunderstanding. :lol:

So, how is everyone watching this? Curious, because I only get basic cable for the signal; no actual cable channels. So I was late hearing about The Walking Dead. I caught the first season on Netflix and bought season 2 via Amazon Instant Video, but was afraid I'd have to wait for season 3 to be released in its entirety via Netflix or Amazon before I'd be able to watch it.

Fortunately, the time's are a changin', and shows are being released for view much sooner! I discovered Amazon's "TV Pass" deal which makes each episode available early the day after it airs on cable! I've long thought it would be nice if cable shows could be purchased a la carte by those of us who don't have cable or satellite, and here we are! :beer:

frankokomando
26th Oct 2012, 12:46 AM
I've been watching it on Time Warner Cable. We just got cable recently and I didn't know the channel numbers very well, so the first night The Walking Dead premiered I was frantically flipping through channels for AMC five minutes before the first episode started. I was worried I was going to miss some of the episode. :P

Darby
26th Oct 2012, 1:13 AM
For me, it was really hard seeing facebook friends squeeing over s3 premiere night, not knowing when I'd be able to catch up. I was so relieved next morning to see it available on AMC's website, and I watched it immediately!

Gotta pay for the rest through Amazon, but that's fine by me, as it waiting until the next morning to see it. I'm a wuss, and it's really better for me not to watch this sort of thing at night anyway. ;)

mustluvcatz
26th Oct 2012, 1:34 AM
Well, I need to find another way to watch it now. :( Maybe my neighbor will let me come over and watch it with her if she still has cable. (I'm gonna cry, lol.)

Darby- Daryl is awesome. He's my favorite character. I wasn't sure about him at first, but he's grown on me and I hope he doesn't get killed off anytime soon.

Darby
26th Oct 2012, 1:52 AM
I'm sorry you're having trouble seeing it, MLC. Can you not get it through Amazon, like I do now?

Yeah, they better keep Daryl around for a long time. I just love him. On the surface, he comes across as one of the worst kinds of rednecks, and I cringe whenever he uses phrases like "stupid bitch", but his heart still shines through all that. I love that Carol gets him. (Well, I think everyone does, really, but she's the one who challenges him to have the courage to allow his softer side to be.)

mustluvcatz
26th Oct 2012, 2:17 AM
I could if I could pay for the episodes. :) They're cheap enough but I don't think Amazon would let me owe them, lol. I'll have to see about getting some money put on my debit card I reckon.

And that softer side is why I like Daryl. It's not that he HAS one.. it's how he lets it show. Like when he gave Carol that desert rose. I just hope Merle coming back isn't going to have any negative impact on him. (Cuz Merle is gonna come back, we all know it!)

frankokomando
26th Oct 2012, 2:23 AM
I like how in the first episode after they cleared the prison yard, when Daryl was watching out for walkers and Carol went up to him to give him food and then was all like "It's romantic out here. Wanna do it?" Go Carol! :D

...But then I thought, it doesn't look like they've bathed in a while so it might be kind of gross and smelly...if you catch my drift >_> Why do I have these thoughts? :wtf:

Darby
26th Oct 2012, 2:31 AM
What about when Maggie and Glenn are all snuggly later, even though they're both covered in zombie spatter?

Not being able to shower regularly would be haaaaard for me. I suppose there wouldn't be any choice but to get used to your own and everyone else's funk, but it's hard to imagine being so cavalier about being awash in blood and gore. Ewww! :lol:

ETA: MLC, Amazon's TV Pass thingy only charges for each episode as it airs, and it's less than $2 an episode, if that helps any. :)

missroxor
26th Oct 2012, 3:13 AM
I just hope Merle coming back isn't going to have any negative impact on him. (Cuz Merle is gonna come back, we all know it!)

I think it will :( I think once Daryl gets over the shock of seeing him again he'll find it easy to fall into his old ways with him... But it won't be long before Merle pisses everyone off. I'm thinking Merle will take it too far and maybe hurt/insult/try it on with carol which will force Daryl to decide where his loyalties lie. I'm also kinda scared for T-Dog D:

...that being said, I'm usually pretty rubbish at predicting storylines :lol: would like to see that though ^

Kathwynn
26th Oct 2012, 6:13 PM
For tho who are having trouble watching the series. There are legal free sites. Though you may have to down load a player. Which means know what you are downloading and keep your antivirus, ect up to date.

Having said that. I am still of the opinion that that Lori and Rick are slowly working their way back. Under any other circumstance Lori would be divorcing Rick. but these are not ordinary times.

When Daryyl meets up with Merle. Merle is going to have some sharp questions for his little brother. Namely why is Rick and especially T dog still sucking air. Which is going to make Daryyl question where his own loyalties lay. It might be to Carol and not to any one else. As these two are also looking for a way to be together.

And yes happy for Glenn and Maggie. They are at the very least willing to try and make the relationship happen.

Ahh love and loss in the middle of an Zombie Apocalypse. Makes one willing to cheer for the zombies at times..... :D

wickedlisa79
27th Oct 2012, 12:33 AM
I love the show it is the best. It actually has a plot!!!! Best ever

mustluvcatz
28th Oct 2012, 7:21 PM
I saw this and thought: Rick and Lori's baby. I'm horrible, I know.

Darby
29th Oct 2012, 1:42 AM
Ack! *shudder*

Who's betting what with regard to this baby, by the way? I really have no idea what they might do. Just along for the ride.

I do know I'd kinda rather not even be seeing this situation. IRL, it would have to be awfully extreme circumstances for me to ever consider having an abortion, but I'm virtually certain that if I'd been in Lori's shoes, I would not have vomited up those morning after pills. Extreme? Zombie apocalypse? Uh, yeah.

But if this baby is stillborn, it WILL be a zombie, no doubt. Not sure I want to see how that plays out either. I'll almost certainly watch that episode peeking from between my fingers! :jest:

frankokomando
29th Oct 2012, 3:19 AM
I'm so happy I got to see my lovable douchebag Merle. It was nice to hear his voice and see him kind of catch up with Andrea.

So the Govern needs a machete through his head. The dude can't be trusted, especially after what happened in this episode. Oh, and his "trophy" collection is creepy as fuck. He has some serious problems. I totally agree with Michonne, that her and Andrea need to get the fuck out of Woodbury.

I like how the episode bought up the question who were Michonne's pets. I hope they go into more depth with who they were and how she was able to mutilate them so they wouldn't attack her.

Was I the only one that got the vibe that Michonne knew the black guy in the Woodbury group? It seemed like at certain times the way they looked at each other seemed like they knew each other, but didn't want to interact with each other. I don't know, maybe I'm looking to much into this. :|

Darby
29th Oct 2012, 5:55 PM
Ohmygod, the Governor. :blink: Everything I've seen and heard about this character clued me in that he was going to be a baddie, but wow. Over the course of the episode, he went from (in my mind) necessarily tough to evil bastard (I knew he'd kill the soldiers, but it was still shocking!) to creepy psychopath. This is NOT someone you want in charge of the rebuilding of civilization!

I actually kinda like Merle now. The Governor makes Merle seem almost warm and fuzzy by comparison, and it looks like he (Merle) might even be a bit uneasy about the way the Governor handles things. The other males in charge of security show subtle signs of this uneasiness too, and I hope that means they'll turn on the Governor at some point and bring a bit more sanity to the situation.

I don't think Michonne knows the black guy she keeps exchanging glances with. I think it's just that as the one assigned to keep an eye on her and Andrea, he's got her irritated attention.

I'm intrigued by the question of the identity of her two now-ex zombie/walker/biter pets too. Hard to tell for sure, since they lacked arms, but they both looked to have slender builds, and I found myself wondering if Michonne is old enough to be the mom of a couple 15-17 year old sons. Or maybe they were nephews.

I'm more curious about her own personal background. She's half feral with mad katana skills. One doesn't get that way leading what passes for a normal life in middle America.

ETA: I wonder, now, if Michonne and Andrea would actually be allowed to leave Woodbury at all. If so, I figure the Governor would have them killed, once they got a little way down the road. Or maybe he'd have someone follow them to see if they'd meet up with Rick's group. I have no doubt at all that he'd like kill off the guys (except maybe Daryl), but integrate the women, if possible. One thing that struck me as a bit weird early on in the episode was how many of the women were in dresses. I got nothin' against women wearing dresses, of course, but they looked very conservative like you'd see in a repressive cult, or something. Then behind the scenes, the naked woman sprawled out asleep on the Guv's bed. Yeah. Very cultish.

chyrun
29th Oct 2012, 6:47 PM
Could be spoilers, so please don't read if you don't want to know.

It probably won't be like this in the show, but in the comics...

The two walkers Michonne was with: her ex-boyfriend and his best friend.

Lori and the baby: Lori, while still pregnant, got shot. Fatally. And left behind as zombie food, unfortunately. There was no way for them to be saved.

The governor: instead of keeping souvenirs, he was a pedophile. He had removed the teeth of a small zombie girl and kept her as his slave. He also tortured and raped Michonne brutally, several times.

Darby
29th Oct 2012, 7:31 PM
Thanks! I've never read or seen the comics (never even heard of them until a few months ago), so it's really fun and interesting to hear how they differ from the show.

missroxor
29th Oct 2012, 7:51 PM
Merle.... Lovable?! :blink:

@chyrun - Maybe it's just me but when I see the text written I really can't help but read it, like a compulsion! :lol: for my sake can you please use spoiler tags if you're going to post spoilers from the comics cause some of us don't want to know ;) I know they've changed quite a bit but still.

The governor is definitely bad news but i got the impression Andrea was getting a bit hot and steamy over him. Srsly, is she actually only attracted to psychopaths?! She needs a good slap upside the head!

Also, Was anyone else a little sad not to see the main group this ep? :(

Darby
29th Oct 2012, 8:15 PM
I didn't miss the main group too much, because the [visually] cleaner environment of Woodbury was such a relief from the awfulness of the prison. Definitely looking forward to getting back to it next episode, though!

frankokomando
29th Oct 2012, 8:21 PM
Merle.... Lovable?! :blink:

Totally, except for being a racist bigot. That part I don't like so much.

Yeah, it's kind of annoying how Andrea gets all turned on by any man that shows he has power or is a leader. It's going to get her into trouble.

I didn't really miss the main group to much, but I was totally wondering what they were up to in this episode.

Kathwynn
30th Oct 2012, 1:52 AM
Interesting to read some of the spoilers.

Though, I do agree that who would have thought that Merle would become the warm fuzzy caring human being in comparison to any one. Merle is almost a saint. Before you know it they would be using his likeness to cure the sick. Help the blind to see.

Some one needs to seriously put a machete in his skull or at least a round above the governors left eye... Just saying.

chyrun
30th Oct 2012, 9:08 AM
Lori did have the baby, she had a little girl. She was shot whilst holding the baby by one of the Governor's lackeys and they both died. The small girl that the Governor kept was his daughter.

You're right. My memory must be hazy. All the more tragic.

frankokomando
31st Oct 2012, 2:29 AM
I don't know if anyone would be interested in watching this, but someone posted a link to watch a deleted scene from season 2 where they show what happened to the group of people held up in the nursing home that took Glenn as a hostage from season 1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFOQZ6Sr_dI

I was reading the comments on the page and someone made a comment I found interesting. They commented that the Governor probably had some involvement in what happened to the people at the nursing home. I guess I'm just posting this here to see if anyone else thinks it's plausible that Governor could be involved. I definitely wish this scene would had made it into the show somehow.

Darby
31st Oct 2012, 4:16 AM
That was cool! The feel of the scene was a bit different than anything that has actually aired. Showed more interactions that between characters that give an idea how they feel about each other. Also more on mundane issues of food, which we don't always see much of.

I can definitely see what could be foreshadowing of The Governor, but since we didn't officially see the scene, it hasn't really happened. As far as we viewers know, the group in the hospital is still managing somehow, so I don't know how they'd go about taking us back to them to show how The Governor killed them. Flashback on The Governor's part, perhaps, but Rick's group will eventually make the connection, and how will the writers "explain" to the viewers how Rick's group knew of the hospital group's fate without having let us in on it at the time?

The awkwardness of that makes me think perhaps even if they'd planned to have The Governor be responsible for killing of the hospital group, they changed their mind and decided not to make that tie-in, and that's why we didn't see that scene. I guess we'll know eventually.

So, that video led me on a few side trips, not the least of which was the Fan Expo Q&A with Jon Bernthal and Norman Reedus.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYnoKr002Lo&feature=endscreen&NR=1
I miss Jon Bernthal! He was nice eye candy. (Yes, I know he's got a bumpy "ugly" nose and all, and he's a bit of a meat-head, but he's got lovely eyes, and that smile... :lovestruc Plus, smokin' bod! Just sayin. ;))

frankokomando
31st Oct 2012, 5:26 AM
A person on the forum where I got the link posted that the reason why the scene didn't make it into the show is because the producers or whatever thought it would slow down the story or something. Whether this is said on the DVD commentary or in an interview somewhere, I don't know and I'm really to lazy to look into it, but I think if the scene would had been added into the show it would had made it interesting just because the people at the nursing home were killed execution-style. Since the Governor knows the everyone who dies is re-animated unless the brain is damaged, it could point a lot of fingers at him and his crew for attacking the nursing home and stealing what little weapons that had. Also, I think it would had made a cool flash-back to how Merle met up with the Woodbury gang too.

I have a pretty good feeling they'll never bring up the guys in the nursing home on the show ever, just because like you said, viewers wouldn't know what was going on and it would feel very out of place.

I just like the clip a lot just because it adds a lot of what-ifs to the story line, I guess. :)

Darby
31st Oct 2012, 4:13 PM
I hadn't thought about how Merle met up with the Governor, but that's a good question. Seeing as the Gov is prone to killing those not already in his group, how did Merle manage to get in?

I like the clip too, whether they end up using that plot or not. I'm a tad obsessed with this show these days and enjoy watching whatever extras I can!

frankokomando
31st Oct 2012, 11:18 PM
The only thing I can think of as to why he didn't kill Merle is because it's easier to control one person and less of a threat to the Woodbury group unlike the group of soldiers that the Governor killed. I do hope at some point they do some kind of flash back to showing how Merle survived before he joined Woodbury.

Kind of off topic, but have you played The Walking Dead PC game available on steam? I don't have the money to buy it right now, but from what I've read from people who have played it say it's really good. Some people have said it's better than the show.

Darby
1st Nov 2012, 12:15 AM
Funny, as crazy as I am about the show, I have zero interest in the games. Didn't know about the one available through Steam, but there's a Walking Dead facebook game. If I hadn't sworn off facebook games some time ago, maybe? Nah, probably not. :lol:

frankokomando
1st Nov 2012, 12:38 AM
Is the facebook game the one they always show on the commercials during the walking dead? If it is, it doesn't look interesting. But then again I'm a person that thinks facebook games are kind of lame :P

The Walking Dead game on steam has its own original characters and its a game where the choices you make effect the story and can effect who can die in the group. I definitely want to look into more because I like the types of games where my decisions effect my characters, only problem is I don't want to look at youtube videos of the game because I don't want any of the story ruined for me. When I buy this game I want to go into for the most part blind.

Since you said you were a tad obsessed, I figured I would ask if you've play the game or not. :)

Darby
1st Nov 2012, 1:41 AM
I haven't really thought about it, but I think the reason I'm not drawn to the games goes back to reasons I usually avoid the horror genre: It's just too much for a horror/gore wuss like me. I alluded earlier to watching the show from between my fingers at times, which I really do! I always stick my hand up to obscure the part of the screen where a zombie is getting whacked or when someone's being EATEN. AHH!

By the way, who else thinks the zombies are overly juicy, considering they've been dehydrating for about 10 months now? :lol:

Anyway, since I'm getting the show through Amazon, I don't have to put up with commercials, so I don't know if they game they're advertising is the facebook game. May be. As for facebook games being lame, oh, I assure you they most definitely are. I was into Farmville and a couple others for longer than I care to admit. Waaaay repetitive and tedious, and you have to bug your friends for stuff in order to get a lot of things. It took coming down with something flu-like and not wanting to be on the computer much at all for several days to break the habit and bring me to my senses. I wasn't really enjoying the games so much as obsessing - something I'm a bit prone to doing.

frankokomando
1st Nov 2012, 1:58 AM
I haven't really noticed the overly juicy, but I like how their skin seems more disgusting since 7-8 months have passed. I thought they did it well in the first episode where Rick tore off the riot zombies face mask and the zombies face came off with it. :D Though, I had to re-watch it because the first time I saw it I didn't realize that the zombies face had been torn off. I only found out about because people on forums were gushing over the scene and explaining how boss it was.

Darby
1st Nov 2012, 2:07 AM
Oh uuugh... I DID notice the face coming off. Didn't avert my eyes quickly enough on that one! *shudder* :lol:

frankokomando
5th Nov 2012, 3:03 AM
:cry: Why!?

anothereyjana
5th Nov 2012, 7:32 AM
Just watched the new episode...
At first:
"Yay! T's allowed to talk again finally!"

20 min. later:
"Holy shit, I should've known something was going to go wrong since they gave him lines! Good god, three in one episode?! And one of them was Carol?!"

Also, Carl being the one who had to do it...and Rick just breaking down at the end there...Jesus.

On a much lighter note, however, lol at the insta-clean baby. 'Cause that's how it works in a zombie apocalypse.

Glenn and Maggie in the lookout tower at the beginning was kinda cute/funny, too.
Daryl: "Glenn, you comin' or what?"
Me (and at least one other immature person watching): "He already did, apparently."
(Hell, I'm kinda surprised someone in the show didn't say it)

Also, seeing Michonne and Andrea together makes me kinda happy at times, just because I really want to see those two become a couple. Seriously, when Michonne first showed up I was like "YOU! Teach Andrea to be infinitely less annoying and then you two go off and make beautiful bi-racial zombie-killing lesbabies together NAOW!"

How I interpreted Michonne's reaction to everything the Gov. says or does these last few episodes:
"Okay, you're obviously evil and murderous with no intention of actually letting us leave your creepy cult-like city, you've taken all of our weapons and won't give them back, including Shelia [aka her sword], and on top of everything else, now you're trying to mack on my girl?! Aaww HEEELLLL NAW!"

And this episode they were talking about building a house by the sea when they leave Woodbury... :luff:
Okay, so technically they were talking strategic defense and why finding a spot near the coast, or preferably an island would be the best bet, but still.

Then again, given the current track record of every single damn one of the other couples that have even suggested they could get together in the show, maybe it's a good thing that they aren't open about it yet.

...This is gonna end up being one of those "No one is allowed to be even marginally happy, ESPECIALLY romantically" universes, isn't it? :(

imaginezzenigami
5th Nov 2012, 7:59 AM
I don't watch the show, but Gale Anne Hurd follows me on Twitter.

That's a nifty thing to add to this thread, right? Incredibly useful? Maybe...okay, maybe not. No. Not at all.

I'll just be on my way now. :turtle:

Kathwynn
5th Nov 2012, 5:30 PM
As I posted before Lori and Rick were trying to slowly work their way back together. Man does not cry like that over an ex... trust me on that.

T Dog going down was hard enough..

As for Carl. Any one thinking of him as just boy is not getting it. The now young man shot his own mother. Took the responsibility of an adult to do what was necessary.

I think Andre had best unscrew her head from her @ss. Michonne is trying to save them both. Personally, I would have skated long since. With or with out blondie.

Though I was glad that the prisoners are now going to be part of the group.

It was a good and powerful episode in my opinion.

Darby
5th Nov 2012, 6:36 PM
DAMMIT! :(

So T-Dog is gone. No big surprise there, sadly. But hey, we never saw Carol get it, so I say she's still alive!

Carl having to be the one to kill Lori was just heartbreaking, as was Rick's breakdown. Too too sad. :( I'd like to be able to say "Yay, baby!", but ohmygod. A baby is going to be such a pain. What are they going to feed it? (Boy or girl? Did I miss it, or did they not tell us?) I don't imagine the prison has formula on hand, and a milking goat is going to be a bit hard to find. :rolleyes:

Okay, so questions: How did the punkass con who set them up survive? And since when do walkers eat dead deer? That was lame.

(The rest of this doesn't need to be in the spoiler, I don't think.)
Another lame thing: Michonne making it clear to the Governor just how much of a liar she thinks he is. Why do writers have otherwise smart chacters DO that? If you suspect someone who looks good on the surface is actually an evil psycho, the LAST thing you'd want to do is let him know how suspicious you are! Makes you a liability to be disposed of as soon as possible! Michonne wears her nature on the surface too much to imagine that she'd be able to make nice with the guy, but she needs to at least TRY to act like she buys his line.

As for them leaving Woodbury (obviously never gonna happen), on the face of it, they'd be insane to. The place is ideal, and the only reason the writers have to justify them leaving is Michonne's gut feeling which, while correct, is absolutely all they have to go on.

That said, we know they need to leave, and I like the island idea. Either Andrea is overly pessimistic, or I'm naive, but it seems like if they could find a walker-free island, other people would eventually find them, and they could build a nice little community, no? *sigh* Yeah, I'm naive. As much time as has passed, there probably aren't many survivors still on the road. Chances are that most everyone has found a defensible place to hunker down, and those that haven't are probably castouts no one would want living with them on an island paradise. Oh well. ;)

I HATE having to wait a week between episodes!!! *whine*

ETA: I like that the two remaining prisoners are in the group too. I could argue either side with regard to how they were handled, but the fact is, I just really didn't want them to have to live on that awful cell block on their own, or get turned out, although a car and a week's worth of food wouldn't have been a bad start for them. Anyway, either they'll end up being a real asset to the group, or they'll just be walker fodder for the writers to kill off. Probably both.

frankokomando
5th Nov 2012, 7:05 PM
On the preview for next weeks episode it shows Hershel bringing up the whole formula issue and it shows Daryl and Maggie going to get it.

I'm pretty sure Carol isn't dead. Back when the used to show the previews of what's going to happen this season, it shows Carol looking at someones grave ( I'm assuming it's T-Dog's or Lori's grave now). Since that hasn't happened at all this season yet, I think it's safe to assume she's alive.

When T-Dog got bit, I think I went into a little bit of denial because I kept yelling at me TV "He's going to be okay! They'll just amputate him like they did Hershel! :cry:"

Anyways, the whole second half of the episode had me in tears as lame as it sounds. From T-Dog sacrificing himself to save Carol, to Lori telling Carl how much she loves him, and to Rick's breakdown.

20/10 episode.

anothereyjana
6th Nov 2012, 1:34 AM
I'm not so sure about Carol--think about it--when Rick and Daryl went through that door, they were in the courtyard, within view of Herschel and his daughter (the blonde, formerly suicidal one who's just kind of there and whose name I never bothered to really learn--because she's just there), but when Rick and co. came through, one of their first questions was where were Carol and T-Dog, which means she never got fully out the door before being pulled back in. Plus, when it showed a close-up of the body, the lower half was wearing something dark with a print on it--that looked an awful lot like Carol's skirt. Plus, everyone who's bit it in the comics so far (from what I've heard) has also died in the show--I just had thought that maybe because Sophia died instead, Carol would be spared, but apparently not.

So far the evidence seems to point to her honestly getting eaten--the last shot we see of her (alive) she's running out through the door--but there's a glare, so we can't see if anyone/thing is behind it, plus, she's looking behind her at T-Dog, and not forward. It looks like what happened was that she opened the door and ran head-first into a walker or two, which shoved her back into the hallway where she got eaten, which explains how her head-scarf got knocked off (when it was in-place when she was running through the door), not to mention the position of the body.

Makes me sad too, because I liked Carol. :(

Kathwynn
6th Nov 2012, 2:45 AM
I think Carol is alive. Just call it a "gut feeling".

Also walkers do eat anything. The walkers have in the past have eaten cows (showed Tdog and others of the group attacking and killing walker that were eating cows. Season two), A horse (Rick season one). A raccoon (looking for Sophia. season two) A deer. (One that Daryl was tracking. Season one.) As well as rats. Unlike other zombies movies. These zombies will eat anything that moves. Or looks like it is freshly dead.

In this season the governor stated that Michonne zombies were starving.

Which makes raises an interesting question. As these people had died. Presumably there is no heart beat. How are these zombies digesting anything. How does the digestion work. As the body appears to have shut down. Is only moving because of this disease, parasite, mold, fungus, or koolaid.

It does make for an intriguing mystery biologically.

Though one other observation. Herchel is not going to go down easy. He showed that during this attack. Missing a leg or not. He is one tough S.O.B. .

Darby
6th Nov 2012, 3:52 AM
I still think Carol is alive, and the reason is the headscarf. She's never worn one before, so they obviously put her in it so they'd have something for her to lose, giving the impression she'd been overtaken. That, instead of her actual body, because she's not dead. ;)

@frankokomando
Crying isn't lame. This was a gut wrencher! I didn't do more than tear up a bit, but that's only because I saw enough of people's posts before I got to watch the episode to guess that it was going to be hardcore sad, so I was emotionally braced for it. Otherwise, I'd have been a mess!

@Kathwynn
I know the walkers eat animals, but up 'til now, it's been animals they've killed. (At least with the cow, and the horse in season 1. The other, smaller animals I assumed...) So seeing them eat a deer that wasn't like right that second fresh seemed like an odd departure. But I can buy the notion that they're starving and thus may be willing to eat things they wouldn't, normally.

Zombie/walker physiology IS a bit incomprehensible and far-fetched. I don't think eating benefits their bodies, but that the... thing in the brain somehow gets fed. The question remains, how are the bodies not completely dried up and decayed, at this point?

I saw the bonus video of The Talking Dead on AMC, and Gale Anne Hurd said they're having to find skinnier and skinnier actors to play the walkers. I think it's cool that they're taking care with realistic details like that. Well, insofar as the zombie apocalypse can be "realistic". :giggler:

coltraz
9th Nov 2012, 2:07 AM
Oh, I was wondering why you were all saying Carol died at first. I was like, "WTF? I didn't see that!" I think she's gotta be alive or else we would have actually seen her bite it.

Quite a crazy episode though, wow...

Can't say I'll miss T-Dog. Unfortunately some jerk on the Dexter IMDB board spoiled the episode for me before I got a chance to watch it (which really sucks, because there are so many good shows out right now - Sunday night alone brings in Dexter, Homeland, Boardwalk Empire (though I don't consider that a "good show", really; I just watch it) and The Walking Dead. I'd really like to watch them liesurely throughout the week, or save them and do a marathon sometime, but I can't, because then I'll accidentally hear or read about what's going to happen!) so I knew he and Lori were not going to make it. I thought it was funny when he had all the lines suddenly. He's always been pointless. It was like they had him in there just so that there was a black person in the show, but refused to give him any substance apart from that. And now that there's the black prisoner and Michonne, they can finally get rid of him. I even remember in an early episode from the 1st season when the zombies attack the outpost Rick finds Lori and Carl at, during the fighting the camera lingered on T-Dog just long enough to show him slaughter a black zombie, and that was all we saw of him. Very peculiar.

I thought the Lori death was kind of odd. At first the stuff with Carl didn't really ring true, but I'm really glad they showed the flash-back in which Rick prepares Carl with a lecture for the fact that he and Lori will likely die. It added a much needed sense of believability to Carl's calmness in such a horrible and unthinkable situation.

Rick's breakdown was hard to watch and brought tears to my eyes. That was the very first time Andrew Lincoln's (Rick's) acting managed to impress me.

Darby
9th Nov 2012, 4:16 AM
Maybe I'm being naive again, but I do not want to believe T-Dog was a "token black" character. So I don't. It's true that they didn't develop his character much, but they also haven't done much with Maggie's little sister, whose name I can't even remember at the moment. ;)

I haven't really thought much about Andy Lincoln's acting, but it did take awhile for the character of Rick to grow on me. His breakdown scene was really terrifically powerfully done. Heartbreaking as it was, I've gone back to watch it more than once because he did such a great job on it.

I SO CAN'T WAIT UNTIL NEXT WEEEEEK!!! *is being a 12-year-old* (No offense to 12-year-olds intended. :lol: )

kiwi_tea
9th Nov 2012, 8:51 AM
Zombie/walker physiology IS a bit incomprehensible and far-fetched. I don't think eating benefits their bodies, but that the... thing in the brain somehow gets fed. The question remains, how are the bodies not completely dried up and decayed, at this point?

The zombie genre has always thrown science out the window and asked, instead, for a willing suspension of belief. The films that have tried to make their zombies more scientifically plausible have generally been even less successful than the ones that are happy to leave it all unsaid.

Ever cut through human skin? Ever tried to bite through it? I killed a lot of pigs as a teenager, and pig skin is very similar to human skin - it's tough. There's no way that zombies - weaklings with poor motor control and wasted muscles - could tear through intact human flesh as easily as they do with their hands, or tear it at all, let alone bite properly with rotting jaw muscles. Lying on the ground and twitching would be a feat of strength for a zombie. The damage a brain suffers on death pretty much makes zombies implausible even conceptually, except as supernatural entities. Zombie films tend to just treat their zombies like they have scalpels instead of fingers, just for maximum gore.

Darby
9th Nov 2012, 3:29 PM
All true. I should know better than to try and analyze the patently absurd. :lol:

Kathwynn
11th Nov 2012, 10:23 PM
So long as we are going on the implausibility of the biological make up of the zombie. Here is my opinion of the walking dead zombies.

I think the doctor is wrong about the starvation factor. I think he is only interpreting this from what he would see in a living body.

Remember the brain dies and the "spark" happens. But the brain for the most part is dead. So the real question is what is the spark. What causes it to snap the victim into being a flesh automaton. Now I am not a biologist or know enough of infectious diseases, parasites, any exotic biologic, or mineral. But what ever this "superbug" is would suggest two implausible plausible things. One a government lab cooked it up Aala "The Stand" or Two it is something out of the tropical jungle.

frankokomando
12th Nov 2012, 3:15 AM
Surprisingly, this episode actually made me feel kind of bad for the walkers. I feel bad that they're getting treated like lab animals or something.

I thought the whole battle arena thing was stupid and I think Andrea is begining to regret not going with Michonne. I wasn't surprised by the whole Governor's daughter being a walker, mostly because I spoiled it for myself and read forum messages that contained massive spoilers. I'm sure at some point keeping a walker locked in a closet is going to have terrible consequences. But whatever. The Governor is a creeper and I wouldn't be bothered if he died.

Daryl is so cute taking care of the baby!! And no Daryl, Ass-kicker is not a good baby name.

When Maggie and Daryl were in the nursery, was I the only one hoping that we would get to see a zombie toddler? >_>

Fat ass zombie is fat. What a pig, eating Lori's dead body in one sitting. Gross.

anothereyjana
12th Nov 2012, 7:01 AM
What's been bugging me lately about the walking dead zombies is--how in the hell were the prison guards in full body armor and riot gear walkers?! If any clothing is impossible for a walker to bite through, it's that! And there didn't appear to be any trauma that indicated another type of death (gunshot, fell, stabbed, etc.), and there was no damage seen on the neck (one of the few chinks in the armor where they could have been bitten/scratched). So how the hell are they zombies?! Not that the face-rip on the one wasn't cool-looking (and kind of unintentionally funny, at least to me, anyway), but still... :wtf:

kiwi_tea
12th Nov 2012, 12:48 PM
Locked in and starved? I don't really know. You could drive a lorry (no pun intended... ...I think) through the plot holes most of the time. Seen the image macro circulating about the fact that prison's lawns are constantly and forever cut, and apparently have been for months before the group arrived? Anyone who thinks this is a serious show isn't paying attention.

I just find I have to remind myself that this isn't a sophisticated show by good writers about realistic people. It's silly macho gore porn by a grown man's inner 12-year-old kid about a group of people who constantly act like 12-year-olds who genuinely want to die. Except for the real 12-year-old, who is just becoming a "pragmatic" little psycho. "Silly" is the thing that, for me, makes it watchable - all my friends, and my husband, flat out refuse to watch the show with me, and they all actually gave it a proper go before deciding they think less of me for even being a fan. I'm not even sure that I am not starting to wonder why I enjoy it, and whether it's a good thing that I do. I have one friend, in the states, who watches because she's zombie-obsessed.

Darby
12th Nov 2012, 6:42 PM
I find it easy to overlook plot holes and some detail issues because the premise of this show IS one of my very favorites. (Post-apocalypse - not zombies, though they add color.) I think the writing is decent. At least, there hasn't been anything so glaringly bad that I've thought about it while actually watching an episode.

(Unfortunately for one of the new network shows this season, Revolution, the writing IS bad enough that it's a bit of a chore to watch, even though it's a post-apocalypse premise too.)

Anyway, on to this episode:
Holy shit, telephone!!!

I love Rick's grief-inspired, zombie-killing rampage.

Where's Carol? I still refuse to believe she's dead. They didn't show the burials (was there anything left of Lori TO bury?), so I fully expect it to be revealed that for Carol (and Lori), it was purely ceremonial, and that T-Dog's grave is the only one with a body in it. Nyeh. I rather expected Rick to find her hiding somewhere during his spree, and that can still happen, since he's still in there.

For whatever reason, I'm finding the Governor to be a lot less creepy than he seemed two episodes ago, and that kinda bothers me. The zombie gladiator games were pretty twisted, though. Good outlet for Merle, but confirms that he hasn't changed much, if any.

kiwi_tea
12th Nov 2012, 7:07 PM
Carol will be found either alive, or as a walker. There is simply no way, given her popularity and prominence as a character, that that was her send off.

Darby
12th Nov 2012, 9:13 PM
I hadn't even considered the possibility of Carol as a walker. Damn.

The sneak peek at next episode wasn't encouraging, either, because it gives the impression Rick's been doing his own thing for at least several days. If Carol is alive, I can't imagine she wouldn't have showed up/been found within a day or two. :(

ETA: They've got to have something big and/or shocking planned, with regard to Carol. Otherwise, why not show her die, or at least show her body? Also, no interviews with the actress playing her. It's a mystery.

Kathwynn
12th Nov 2012, 10:05 PM
That is a mystery as to what happened to carol. I was hoping at least for a hint.

As for the Governor. Yeah he is a sleaze and a perv. I really hope Michonne does still put her Katana somewhere he will be walking bow legged.

Seeing Daryl holding the baby and feeding her the bottle. So much not his brother. And I have to agree asskicker is not a moniker for a baby girl.. ~Bitch ass kicker would be a lot better....~

Merle, I think, is heading for a bad end. Whether by his brother or by Michonne. Maybe Andrea will do it... Wouldn't that be a kick in the teeth.

The telephone rings and the only thing that kept going through my mind. That it was a telemarketer wanting to sell Rick a set of spoons.. At a low low price! But wait there is more! It comes with a complete set of gone around the bend! All for the low, LOW, price of your sanity!

Either that or it is a wrong number. No, Jamie does not live here.. I shot him! OK!

Perhaps it was a call from Jurassic Park. "Mr. Grimes, the phones are working.."

But now the dead are eating everything.. Hmmm makes me wonder just what is this disease or koolaid. I do not think the good doc has a clue as to what he is doing. I think he is more holding onto what ever is left of his sanity than doing actual research.

Seaweed
16th Nov 2012, 2:50 AM
That is a mystery as to what happened to carol. I was hoping at least for a hint.

As for the Governor. Yeah he is a sleaze and a perv. I really hope Michonne does still put her Katana somewhere he will be walking bow legged.

Seeing Daryl holding the baby and feeding her the bottle. So much not his brother. And I have to agree asskicker is not a moniker for a baby girl.. ~Bitch ass kicker would be a lot better....~

Merle, I think, is heading for a bad end. Whether by his brother or by Michonne. Maybe Andrea will do it... Wouldn't that be a kick in the teeth.

The telephone rings and the only thing that kept going through my mind. That it was a telemarketer wanting to sell Rick a set of spoons.. At a low low price! But wait there is more! It comes with a complete set of gone around the bend! All for the low, LOW, price of your sanity!

Either that or it is a wrong number. No, Jamie does not live here.. I shot him! OK!

Perhaps it was a call from Jurassic Park. "Mr. Grimes, the phones are working.."

But now the dead are eating everything.. Hmmm makes me wonder just what is this disease or koolaid. I do not think the good doc has a clue as to what he is doing. I think he is more holding onto what ever is left of his sanity than doing actual research.

Merryl seems a ton different! A lot kind of.. Better? And on the Talking Dead they said that she was defiantly dead, And that zombie with the bloated stomach had eaten her, But if thats the case what happened to Lori's body? :help:
I'm so confused > <
And yeah, The governor is sick but I feel bad for him because of his... His daughter, and family. Though whenever they show the ipcture I get kind of scared of her face, The wifes :blink:

Kathwynn
16th Nov 2012, 7:17 PM
Yeah make me think there is something more than wife simply having been turned into the walking dead. Ahh I do love this show.

I have purposefully kept from reading the graphic novels. This is indeed a roller coaster ride. And I do not want to know how it ll works out.

frankokomando
16th Nov 2012, 8:01 PM
that zombie with the bloated stomach had eaten her, But if thats the case what happened to Lori's body? :help:
I'm so confused > <

The zombie with the bloated stomach was the one that ate Lori's dead body.

anothereyjana
18th Nov 2012, 5:41 AM
Well, most people seem to have the idea that the ringing phone is some kind of hallucination, since Rick is clearly starting to crack (I agree). My bet at the moment is on it being Shane on the other end, since he sort of ended up being Rick's personal devil on his shoulder for so much of the series so far. You know, for symbolic reasons and a representation of a descent into darkness or something. :call: (<=== I've never had a reason to use that one until now, so I forget about it, but it just works so perfectly for this...)

One way or another, we're supposedly supposed to finally find out what happened to Carol tomorrow, and that should put things to rest.

frankokomando
19th Nov 2012, 4:00 AM
Oh, Merle and you're bad life choices. It makes me not like you as much. =\

I'm not surprised that Andrea slept with the Governor in this episode. Though I wasn't really expecting it for another episode or two.

I'm happy to know that Rick did want to work it out with Lori and try to fix their relationship. Too bad their time was cut short. I was happy at the end of the episode that Rick actually interacted with the baby. I really like his expression when he sees Michonne staring at him through the fence, his face just reads "How the hell is she just standing there and not getting attacked?"
I was really happy that they showed Daryl upset at Carol's "death" because it's the first time since they thought she was dead that he showed emotion over it. It shows he really cares about her. :) Really happy he found her.

The part where Oscar found slippers. Awesome.

Spitfire Mouse
19th Nov 2012, 8:39 PM
I'm finally caught up and I have to say, I can't stand Andrea. I didn't like her much while they were on the farm and now I have no use for her at all. She acts like she's all badass, but she's little more than an attention whore IMO. I won't shed a tear when she gets what's coming to her. I can only hope it's sooner than later.

I'm not sorry Lori is gone. Having just had a c-section a couple weeks ago, watching her die that way was very very hard. I always had this niggling feeling that the baby's birth would lead up to some major crisis and possibly Lori dying so I wasn't completely surprised. I'm sorry that poor baby has to grow up without a mom, but I think the remaining ladies in the group will do a better job than Lori. Plus Daryl looks like he won't have any qualms about stepping up to help. And since Rick seems to have come back from the brink, it'll be interesting to see how he takes on fatherhood again. He's been so focused on keeping the group alive and relatively safe and with Carl not being a child who needs constant tending to (though that was debatable last season), Rick hasn't had to be in full "dad" mode for a while.

My husband called it with T-Dog. He said it as soon as it looked like they would keep the last two prisoners around: They're going to fall back on the lame trope of "we can only have one black guy in the group". :rolleyes: We kept our fingers crossed that it wouldn't be T-Dog, but no such luck. They finally make him a more active character after spending so much time recovering last season and then they go and off him. Ugh! They better leave Glenn alone!!

Darby
20th Nov 2012, 6:31 PM
Has anybody taken the "Which Character Are You?" quiz?
http://www.amctv.com/shows/the-walking-dead/which-character-are-you
I'm most like T-Dog, apparently, which is just fine, except when I think about the times he wanted to bail on the rest of the group. :lol:

I really like this episode, overall. Certain parts were boring: Rick on the phone (probably would have been better, if I hadn't known what was really going on ahead of time) and the seduction scenes between Andrea and the Governor. Other than that, there was a lot of interesting stuff happening!

I was a bit annoyed with the lack of logic behind who Michonne chose to kill in the woods. Merle would have been the one to go for first. But then we wouldn't have Merle anymore, and that wouldn't do. I love that he lied to the Governor. Soooo much trouble on the horizon over that one.

I'm a bit worried about Maggie and Glenn, but absolutely thrilled that Michonne looks about to hook up with Rick's group.

As meh as I've been on the presence of a baby, the scene with Rick finally connecting with her was wonderful. :lovestruc

CAROL, YAY! Awfully anti-climactic, though. Or maybe it just seemed that way, because I knew it was coming. I've gotta stop looking for spoilers!

frankokomando
20th Nov 2012, 7:16 PM
I did that quiz before and I got Dale :|

I'm happy to know I'm not the only one who looks at the spoilers. :) I really need to stop doing that because it's making the episodes less fun to watch.

I think Michonne killed Merle's side-kicks, for lack of better word, because she wanted to show Merle that she isn't a person to be messed with and can be a threat to him. She was probably hoping that after she killed those dudes Merle would have no choice but to turn back to Woodbury.

Darby
20th Nov 2012, 7:58 PM
Yeah, but if Michonne is hanging around in hopes that Andrea will come to her senses, and wanted to send the Governor a message that she's not giving up, seems like killing his right hand man would be rather effective. Aside from that, just removing the most threatening man hunting her would make the most sense too. Oh well.

Ooh, I just remembered the bit about the "red zone" Merle referred to! I thought we were about to find out, when they first showed Michonne in the abandoned town square, but nothing more was ever alluded to.

And did those walkers passing closely by Michonne without reacting to her at one point indicate more than the fact that being covered in walker guts is fairly effective camo, or was there something else? They seemed rather purposeful, like they were headed somewhere.

Really anticipating next week again!

frankokomando
20th Nov 2012, 10:24 PM
I don't really remember, but didn't he start calling the place they were in a red zone because of the sound of the gun going off. If he did, he probably meant that walkers would soon by swarming the place because of the noise.

They didn't react to her because of the blood. Rick and Glenn covered themselves in walker blood in season one back when they were in Atlanta and went to go get supplies or something. Only their disguise didn't work out in season one because it started to rain and washed the blood off of them.

The walkers the passed by Michonne were probably (I really have no idea) going to the area where they heard the gun shot being fired.

kiwi_tea
20th Nov 2012, 11:46 PM
According to that silly quiz I'm Rick and I "cling to a humanity that may be irrelevant in this new world."

Urgh.

frankokomando
26th Nov 2012, 3:13 AM
The Governor is really annoying at this point. I know it's in the show, so the show has drama or whatever, but why the fuck does he care about the prison or not? He already has a freakin' town that he runs. Such a greedy bastard. Hopefully he's dies in the season finale.

Merle still making bad life choices. Sadly, my dislike of him is growing. He's not so lovable anymore after he tried to kill Glenn.

That Milton guy is stupid. I hope he gets bitten.

Lady_Chaos
26th Nov 2012, 4:23 AM
I can't wait for the Governor to die. I mean, they can't just let him live, can they? CAN THEY?!?!

But yeah. That piece of dog crap needs to DIE.

Maricuchi
26th Nov 2012, 12:59 PM
the governor's daughter is still there? because she should bite him and TACHAN! death :beer:

frankokomando
26th Nov 2012, 3:00 PM
Yeah the Governor's daughter is still "alive". They showed her in a preview for the mid-season finale.

Kathwynn
26th Nov 2012, 9:49 PM
I was right about the good doc. He is just trying to hold onto his sanity more than doing actual research.

As far as Merle. I agree with the other poster. Still making the wrong life choices. Still the coward and bully.

Though Glenn did show a lot more courage than I thought was possible. Yes, he has faced down zombies. Yes, he has shown courage under fire. Even if he does not understand that himself.

Yes, She cracked. Every one has a breaking point. Hers is Glenn. But that just means that few more people are now going to die hard. Namely that POS Governor. Who really needs to die. And Merle. Though it is in my mind an open question as to who kills him. My long shot bet is on Andrea.

The scene between Rick and his son shows that Rick is now treating Carl as a man more than just a boy.

And the group is really going to have think about limiting themselves as to how long and when they are out doors. As it seems to be attracting all the local walkers. Those fences are strong, but not that strong. If the walkers really start to build up suddenly and start pushing on the fence. There could be a bad day for every one. But that is just my opinion.

frankokomando
26th Nov 2012, 10:13 PM
Yes, I really like Glenn's courage when getting beaten up by Merle and when the Governor held him at gunpoint. It really shows he'll do anything to protect his friends. I liked how on The Talking Dead Yvette Nicole Brown brought up the fact that when the Governor held him at gun point across the room Glenn kept making eye contact with him and when the Governor moved closer to him Glenn actually puts his head closer to the gun, showing that the Governor can do whatever he wants to Glenn, but he won't give away where the group is. That takes some real balls.

Definitely interested in what's going to happen between Merle and Daryl because I didn't believe Merle for a second when he said his loyalty lies with the Governor.

Kathwynn
28th Nov 2012, 7:01 PM
I believe he is loyal to the Governor as long as the Governor is in charge.

For the moment the Governor is in charge.

What the Governor has failed to realize, in my opinion really has sealed his own death, is questioning his chief attack dogs loyalty. You do not question the loyalty of such a person. If the Governor has any concerns about the loyalty that Merle may or may not have in his mind. He should have Merle killed quickly and quietly. Merle is a bully and a coward with out a doubt. Merle is also a very dangerous and lethal man to leave walking around when you suspect his loyalties are compromised.

Though to be fair to Merle. I suspect he is loyal only to himself. The Governor is just one more person in a long line, that Merle has worked for in his brutal and violent life.

As for Daryyl, I think it will be a real test of his loyalties and where they lay. With Rick he has the same small chance at living in peace as the rest of the group. With Merle it will always be one more violent circumstance after another. With no chance of any kind of peace.

I did miss the part where Glenn leaned forward. It was and is a brave man that can do that while his lover looks on in horror. Glenn has learned something as well. Death is going to happen. You can only choose how you want to die. I think Steve has really nailed his characters growth from a pizza delivery guy turned chief scrounger to becoming a scout and fighter for the group.

frankokomando
3rd Dec 2012, 3:38 AM
Pisses me off that one new black guy comes on to the show the not new anymore black guy gets killed off. It's okay to have more than two black people on TV! But I digress.

I love that Michonne killed Penny in front of the Governor and found his fish tank of heads. Oh, and I'm happy the Governor lost one of his eyes.

I knew lying to the Governor was going to come back and bite Merle in the ass. I feel bad for him, but at the same time he tried to Glenn and I'm not okay with that. I think it's lame that Daryl got captured by some of the people in Woodbury. I'm curious as to how the small group will rescue Daryl.

Axel calling Carol a lesbian was great. Then after he found out she wasn't a lesbian was even better. Creepy that Axel was thinking about hitting on Beth though...>_>

As much as I used to hate Carl, I do like that he is quite the leader for a 13/14? year old. Thought it was cool how he saved Tyresse and his crew. I'm bothered by the fact I recognize Sasha from other TV shows, but I can't figure out where I've seen her.

Overall, I think it was an okay mid-season finale. I hope the season finale is more intense though like the end of season 2.

MOOKIEBLAYLOCK
3rd Dec 2012, 6:40 AM
February is toooo far away and that sucks! Has anyone watched the webisodes Torn Apart or Cold Storage? If so , did you enjoy them? Just discovered their existence now while peeking at the return date for the Spring.

frankokomando
3rd Dec 2012, 2:20 PM
The webisodes on amctv.com are good. I wish they would make more of them .

Misanthrope
3rd Dec 2012, 6:29 PM
Carl is turning into a stone cold sociopath. I guess that's what happens when you grow up in a Zombie apocalypse and had to kill your own mother. He's surprisingly more competent than half of the adult characters on this show.

Most of the drama surrounding Woodbury could have been avoided if Michonne learned to used her vocal cords. "Oh hey Andrea, your boyfriend tried to have me killed after I left this place. I got shot by Merle in the woods. And hey, they captured two of your friends and tortured them."

...and of course, that little speech never happened. Michonne just scowled and walked away like she always does.

Goddamn, I hate Andrea. Now stop being so useless and rescue Daryl.

Darby
3rd Dec 2012, 6:52 PM
Feb. 10? FEB. 10?! AAAAHHHHH!!! :cry:

*huff* Okay...

Great episode! Damn the Governor for continuing to show sides that make me see him as a human being. I'd prefer to feel unqualified hatred for the man, but I just can't, seeing his anguish over his [non]daughter. I even found myself buying his reasoning behind having a zombie head aquarium, to some degree. But all that said, good on Michonne for maiming the dude. If Andrea doesn't start to see him for who he really is now, *smack!* (Anyone else bothered by Andrea's swagger, btw? I've always rather liked Andrea, but she's starting to wear on me. Especially with that silly macho swagger. Okay now and then, but shouldn't be the default way of crossing the room, for freak's sake.)

I'm sorry Oscar got killed. Especially with Axel turning out to be a lech. Ick. Hilarious that he thought Carol is a lesbian, because of her short hair. Speaking of which, why IS her hair so short? I suppose it's not unrealistic that she'd find a way to chop it down now and then, but it kinda messes with my sense of time, unlike with Herschal's long hair and beard. Come to think of it, Maggie's hairstyle should have changed over time as well. Her do is much too nice. (eta: I'd love to see Glenn with long hair!)

Yay new people! I found myself loving and rooting for them instantly (so sad for the teenager), and I'm glad they found the group. Also glad that Carl was the one to find them, because as much of a badass as he has become, I think that of the men in the group, he's most willing to give new people a chance, yet still be smart enough to unapologetically lock them up for now, as a safety measure.

Can't wait to see how the Merle/Daryl situation goes. I think Daryl will experience a lot of anguish, but never seriously consider betraying the group or ever truly re-aligning with Merle, though he might pretend to for a time.

February. *sigh*

mustluvcatz
4th Dec 2012, 6:09 AM
Boy am I late to the party!! I wasn't able to watch all of episode 2 so I haven't watched any of the others. (I've got this thing about seeing them in order, lol.) Just when I was about to give in and watch the rest I remembered that I've been sitting on some Amazon gift cards. SO I just got done watching episode 2. :) Now to catch up on the rest of them.. One thing I learned tonight- reading what happens in the episodes doesn't ruin watching them. I've been reading along this whole time and was afraid it would ruin the watching experience. It didn't. This is one of those shows you have to see.

I'd been consoling myself with the first season of American Horror Story on Netflix- which, I have to admit, was pretty wicked. But I'm in a much better mood now that I've got my zombies back! Ghosts drool- zombies rule, even if the ghosts in question are murderous, baby stealing, house decorating, rubber suit wearing, husband seducing psychos.

Kathwynn
5th Dec 2012, 7:04 PM
Yea, Carl has grown up fast and hard. He will never be like his father. He can not afford to be as his father.

The world Carl has become a man in wont permit it.

As for Axel. I really wished that it had been him that bought it.

I had been wondering why there was always seemed to be zombies constantly in that area. Like most i had been thinking that there was a lot of civilians mixed in with the convicts towards the end as everything fell apart.

Merle may be hoping to somehow fight his way out. He may still be a dead man. But I think Darryl might just survive.

As for the Governor. Glad the daughter was finally put down. He is a sick and twisted shyt heel. He is also walking dead man. I suspect he know it as well. Whether he kills Merle and Darryl or not. he knows it will be a matter of time before some one shows up and puts a round over his left eye. Personally, I think the governor will almost welcome it. Now that his daughter is really dead. I am of the opinion that at the moment he really has nothing else to live for in this world. Not that he wont wreak more damage and cause even more misery in the meantime.

And what is it that this show has to kill off the resident black guy to introduce another black guy. It is allowable for there to be more than one black guy on the show.

February? NOOOO!!!!

I feel much better now. :Pint:

frankokomando
5th Dec 2012, 7:35 PM
Daryl survives they spoiled it in the previews for next season. Question is does Merle survive.

Lady_Chaos
5th Dec 2012, 10:16 PM
Daryl survives they spoiled it in the previews for next season. Question is does Merle survive.

Part of me wants to see what he would get up to if he survives, but that part is very small. I mostly want him, the Governor and all their little cronies to die. Possibly Andrea, too. I'm getting sick of her.

Darby
5th Dec 2012, 10:55 PM
There are at least four black people on the show, y'all. Yes, Oscar got killed, but there's the new black couple (two, not just one), the Governor's guy (although admittedly, he's never had any lines that I can recall) and hello, Michonne! If we want to start getting picky about things like this, why is Glenn the only Asian? ;)

I have no doubt Daryl will survive. This is a hardcore show, but I just can't see him being killed off. There'd be riots in the streets!

The Governor will probably be around for a long time yet, I think. He's the main antagonist. What would the show be without him? Not that I wouldn't have loved to see him get bit by his biter-daughter.

Speaking of which, when Michonne removed her from the chain before taking the hood off and seeing what she really was (Totally unbelievable, by the way. WE could hear her zombie wheezes and moans. How could Michonne NOT?) I was terrified that she'd get loose and manage a rampage that would zombify a good portion of the town!

frankokomando
6th Dec 2012, 12:51 AM
Glenn wasn't the only Asian on the show. The Governor had an Asian man in is group too, but he was killed by Michonne. It's just stupid the the minute a new black is introduced the old black guy gets killed off. They killed T-dog to introduce Oscar and they killed Oscar to introduce Tyresse. The black guy "quota" television has is stupid. :faceslap:

I thought the same think about Michonne too when it came to her finding Penny. She should had easily heard the ragged breathing of Penny. Especially since she had to walkers chained to her for a number of months and they constantly made the same sounds when they breathed. The only think I can think of as to why Michonne wasn't concerned about the weird breathing was that maybe she thought the Governor had gagged the child and that's why she was breathing weird. I still thought it was weird. :|

Darby
6th Dec 2012, 8:11 AM
One part of the scene with Michonne discovering Penny that was great, though, was seeing her softer side. She was so appalled to see what she thought was a child, hoode and chained, and her sense of compassion came through strongly for those few seconds.

But still... Take. the hood. off. BEFORE considering unhooking the chain!!! :P

frankokomando
11th Feb 2013, 4:31 AM
Mid-season premier wasn't as exciting as I hoped it would have been, but I'm definitely enjoying watching Woodbury crumble and I thought the ending for this episode was pretty sweet. :D

Kathwynn
11th Feb 2013, 5:45 AM
Yes, it was not as exciting as I ad hoped either, but watching woodbury crumble, the Governor having a hissy fit, and Rick descend into madness made the episode well worth watching.

Poor Rick he is still gone around the bend. Only problem I don't think any one has quite realized it just yet. I think he will crack hard if and or when the governor comes a calling. cause i do believe he will be coming either with an army or by himself.

At this point Andrea could easily take over and stage a coup.

Though the governor may not realize it. Michone is coming for him. That is something the Governor may over look as he tries to even the score with Rick.

Though Glenn is going to have forgive himself for being human and quit taking his anger out on Maggie. they are the scouts and scroungers of the group. they take risks that the others are spared. They actually got off easy. Had it been another group with less patience. Both could have ended up dead or worse. It is a war out there and the walkers are only just one threat. Something Glenn and Maggie had better start to really understand.

As usual this is strictly my opinion and nothing more.

frankokomando
11th Feb 2013, 1:38 PM
I got pretty worried at the scene where Rick was holding Judith and he kept hearing the crying echoing, I thought he was going to snap and throw the baby against the wall or something. >_>

I think after what happened at the end of episode the group probably realizes something is very wrong with Rick. If they don't, I'm sorry, but that means everyone in that group is a complete moron. :|

kiwi_tea
11th Feb 2013, 2:29 PM
If they don't, I'm sorry, but that means everyone in that group is a complete moron.

I vote it's this.

Kathwynn
11th Feb 2013, 4:42 PM
Look how long it took them to figure out that the end of the world had come.. They are not the brightest crayons in the box.

Darby
11th Feb 2013, 5:24 PM
Just watched. Love it! Back to "Can't wait until next weeeeeek!!!" mode.

That said, the zombie infiltration of Woodbury was pretty tame. I was expecting a horde. On the other hand, I'm rather glad it wasn't, because I was already somewhat appalled by Rick's gang leaving the breach open like that. I know they couldn't really take the time, but Maggie seemed to be the only one who realized what they were doing and was conflicted about it. Did I miss something about why weren't they able to scale up and over the barrier rather than having Merle knock a hole in the fencing?

Speaking of Merle, I laughed out loud when Rick bopped him unconscious. :giggler:

Daryl will certainly be back. No doubt about that. I loved the scene with Rick and Carol about his leaving. Those moments where the close emotional ties in the group are seen are a big part of what makes this show so good this season. Other nice moments: Herschel with Glenn, and then with Maggie, and Carol with Carl. You can tell Carol is taking on the role of making sure Carl retains his humanity as he continues to mature.

The sheeple in Woodbury grated hugely in this episode. With just a few words, they go from "Rah rah, fight to the death!" behind the Governor to being all warm and fuzzy behind Andrea over the idea of pulling together, rebuilding, and putting Woodbury in the history books. Really? Ugh. Fricken' bloodthirsty barbarians one minute; hugging and singing Kum ba yah the next. :rolleyes:

Finally, I'm counting on Herschel to point out the obvious fact that Rick is not in his right mind, then acting on it. I'm not sure it's clear in the show (is it?) that Rick hasn't slept or eaten in days (I read somewhere that that's supposedly the case), so I'm hoping this is a "temporary insanity" that he'll get over with some food and a long sleep. But oh yeah, there's that little problem of the prison being about to be attacked. Yikes. Anyway, he's either got to come to his senses regarding the new people, or the group needs to overrule him on this one! Although admittedly, that one guy and his son could end up being a real problem. Dammit.

MOOKIEBLAYLOCK
11th Feb 2013, 11:40 PM
@ Darby , scaling or climbing something while being shot at puts them at much more risk than staying low. They lost one ( or two?) characters climbing on the hood of the bus to get Glenn out. You are much more of a humanitarian than me (which , in the real world or zombie apocalypse world , either way ;) ) is a good thing! I was all happy they left the fence open , and even thought that as their seemingly inevitable showdown with the townsfolk plays out , that a guerilla campaign based on hit and run missions (snipe a few sentries and open some holes for walkers) would be one of their few viable militaristic options to winning.

Random thoughts...
Rick , don't crack up! I never really cared about him as a character one way or another , but your hallucinations are annoying. And if somewhere you found 'shrooms... share with the group.

Michonne , Congratulations! You've long since passed any possible tests for stoicism , yet you remain silent. Please , open your piehole and let sounds come out!

Andrea ( another character I've never been enamored with) , what are you up to? Are you propping up the Governor , becoming his second , or do you have plans for subterfuge ? She's never struck me as mean (or bright :rofl: ) enough to succeed at trickery/treachery.

Daryl , blood is thicker than water , but Merle is thicker than reinforced concrete . Put an arrow ( or three) in his skull and come home. We miss you already and we have grits.

Characters that need to die: 1. the Governor 2. the Governor 3. Merle 4. the Governor
... writing that list is the only time I miss Lori.

Characters I like: 1. Glenn 2. Carol ( moving up fast , never saw that coming !) 3. Daryl (was pretty much tied with Glenn for #1 until now , combo of Carol's development and Daryl's exacerbated sense of guilt/duty/kinship to Merle not helping the rank) 4. Maggie

Characters I want more of 1. Tyreese , played by Chad Coleman. If anyone watched The Wire and saw him play the role of Cutty , they know how gifted an actor he is.

2. Carl , another former candidate for the characters that need to die list , every snivel and misbehavior has been replaced by a sound decision and an accurate shot. Give the kid a gold star!

Darby
12th Feb 2013, 5:15 AM
@ Darby , scaling or climbing something while being shot at puts them at much more risk than staying low. They lost one ( or two?) characters climbing on the hood of the bus to get Glenn out.

Makes total sense, thanks. I'd gotten distracted by something for a second or two during that scene, and I think it derailed logical thought process a bit.

As for me being more of a humanitarian... maybe. ;) I really just wanted/want Rick's group to always retain the moral high ground, to whatever degree it's possible. If someone in Woodbury had let the walkers in, or if the walkers had found a weak spot, I'd have been relatively happy to see a bit more of an incursion. Not a slaughter, but more than what we saw in this episode, just to wake up the sheeple a bit. They've become bloodthirsty, which is not the same as being effective walker-killers and survivors.

On the other hand, I really want Woodbury to continue existing as a haven, simply because if I were in that world, I'd desperately NEED to believe that some semblance of normal life could still be achieved and maintained, and that there were enough people with the right balance of toughness and decency to make it happen. Of course, under the Governor's rule, it's tainted, but the possibility of a healthy community may still be there.

frankokomando
18th Feb 2013, 2:50 AM
The fuck!?!?!? Fuck you, Governor! Fuck you!

The last ten minutes alone beat last weeks episode. Shit is getting intense!

StardustX
18th Feb 2013, 3:20 AM
I love that Michonne killed Penny in front of the Governor and found his fish tank of heads. Oh, and I'm happy the Governor lost one of his eyes.

The way he reacted when Michonne threatened to "kill" Penny, the look on his face and the tone of his voice, was just... Depressing. It made me feel so bad for him. The Governor is an ass, yeah, but he's suffered so many losses and is under a lot of pressure. I think her "killing" Penny is what *really* pushed him over the edge. He did deserve losing his eye though, lol, I thought that was kind of funny. Even though it caused me physical pain (I"m deathly afraid of getting stabbed in the eye, my eyes popping out, etc. to the point where I can feel pain when I see it on TV).

Tonight's episode was amazing. I feel bad for Axel, getting caught off guard like that... and Carol having to use him as a shield while he was filled with bullets. And I really thought Hershell was going to die. And... Yeah. I'm sad now because there are no more new episodes yet. :cry:

I just got caught up on this show, btw. I started watching about 3 weeks ago (my husband and I went through seasons 1 and 2 in about a week). We fell asleep at the beginning of the second to last episode during that marathon last week. >w<

Kathwynn
18th Feb 2013, 5:11 AM
I was hoping that the last convict would last a little longer. At least through this season. They have got to work on their rate of firing and learn to aim their weapons. Come on, missing with a scope? Even under fire the S. O. B. in the tower should have died quicker. But that is my opinion. If any one is wondering. Yes, I have been under fire.

Rick, is going to have put his breakdown on hold for a while. The Governor is now going to have to die. No other way around it now. If not he is going to keep coming back until he finishes the job. It wont matter where they run. the Governor has pay back on his mind. As for Andrea. She really needs to sort her priorities out and fast. Like Stardustx I thought Hershell was a dead man for certain.

Regardless of the attack. Glenn has to know that the back of the prison has been blown out. They need to move quickly. Either to another part of the prison or simply to another place. Questions that are not going to be easy to answer as each comes with a greater risk of attack from walkers and the governor.

Kudos to Carl for keeping his head and firing back with his pistol. The boy has come a long way from being a whinny little brat.

Additional kudos to Carol for her quick thinking in using Axel body as a shield.

A gold star to each.

frankokomando
18th Feb 2013, 3:16 PM
I'm pissed that I'm never going to hear the story Axel was about to tell Carol. -.-

Darby
18th Feb 2013, 6:28 PM
Oh man, that was a good one! I was totally not prepared for Axel going out that way. Not too broken up about it, though. I found him likeable, but didn't completely trust him, and absolutely did not like his schmoozing of Carol.

Did anyone else think, initially, that the bread truck was a good thing? (Despite that fact that it obliterated the security of the front gate? Silly me.) I was hoping maybe it was Andrea driving, and foolishly wondered who she'd put in the back as reinforcement. I wasn't able to fully let go of the fantasy until the walkers started coming down the ramp. Damn! Who was driving, and where did he/she go, in that body armor?

Oddly, I was never worried for Herschel or Rick. With Axel taken out, and I didn't figure they'd take anyone else out this episode. I don't know about next episode, though.

Yay, Daryl to the rescue! But what the hell are they going to do with Merle, now? I knew they wouldn't have him just wander off on his own, but there's no way he's going to be anything but trouble at the prison. I don't think the writers will kill Merle off any time soon, and I don't really want them to, but I'd like to see the danger of his presence neutralized or greatly diminished somehow. Ugh.

frankokomando
18th Feb 2013, 10:57 PM
Yeah, I thought Daryl and Merle were driving the truck and got all excited because they were coming to save the day. NOPE! Just a bunch of walkers.

I didn't cry over Axel's death like I did with T-Dog and Lori, but I screamed at the my TV when he got shot. Then screamed more when Carol had to use him as a human shield. :(

ETA: Someone posted this on another forum, but I think it's pretty cool how the writer's of the show did this. :)

http://i.imgur.com/5p7gomE.jpg?1