PDA

View Full Version : Pets TS3 Patch and Existing Custom content

Pages : [1] 2

leefish
17th Oct 2011, 7:39 PM
Dear all,

it appears that the latest EA patch (1.26 windows/1.27 Mac) may cause a large amount of custom content to no longer work as expected

At this moment it appears to be mainly affecting objects with slot resources in the package - tables, kitchens, sofas, cars etc.

We do not wish to be alarmist, but we recommend that you delay patching until the full extent of the impact is known. If you do wish to patch or play with Pets, we recommend that you backup your save files first and play with a new town, to avoid any problems caused by loading towns which already contain broken CC objects.

Installing the Pets Expansion will also install this patch.

We will keep you informed as we hear more.

Update: Creators, please see the full thread (click the news item title) for a fix.

Update 2: Pending a public release of a batch fixer, we now have a tutorial on manually fixing affected objects (it's not really long and complicated, it just has loads of pictures): Tutorial:Fixing Object RIGs for 1.26 (http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Tutorial:Fixing_Object_RIGs_for_Patch_1.26).

Update 4: There is now an early beta of an automated tool to fix this problem, created by granthes and available here (http://sims3.the-prof.net/forums/index.php/topic,1298.msg1995.html#msg1995). Remember that this is a test version, and you should always backup your .package files before using this tool on them!

Inge Jones
17th Oct 2011, 8:14 PM
Ok the fix seems to be the following:

1) Try to remember what you cloned
2) Clone it again in s3oc with Renumber box NOT ticked.
3) Open in s3pe and make a note of the TGI (resourcekey) number of the _RIG you get
4) Open your broken cc package in s3pe and then open the VPXY in Grid.
5) Go into Chunk Entries, Chunk Entries, RCOL BLock, TGI Blocks and open the TGI entry that matches the number of your custom _RIG that is already in the package. Edit it to be the same as the original _RIG you made a note of. Save and test.

NB if you actually edited your RIG, then this method will lose your edits. In that case you may like to actually import the EA rig to your package and renumber it to match your original cloned RIG. Then once the tools are updated to handle it, you can edit it again.

Nysha
17th Oct 2011, 8:31 PM
This might be a good point at which to link to our rules on uploading fixes of abandoned CC (http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=426734). Unfortunately it sounds like in most cases the creator themselves will have to do the fixing, as the correct _RIG is required (I assume?); however in some cases it is possible to work out what the creator cloned by examining the package contents, and so some abandoned content may be fixed by third parties.

Inge Jones
17th Oct 2011, 8:42 PM
Well I am just guessing, but it could be that one one-tile dining table can use the RIG from any other one-tile dining table. But obviously bone names must match the bones in the model resources. I am not sure EA were terribly inventive with their bone names, so I would be willing to bet 50P that the names in two similar objects are identical. Worth an experiment deliberately substituting a RIG

HystericalParoxysm
17th Oct 2011, 8:50 PM
Is this fix required if you made the objects in TSRW - and if so, how are the steps different? The object set I made was done in TSRW - I'm not planning on updating until I actually get the EP unless I need to do so to fix my CC.

Inge Jones
17th Oct 2011, 8:55 PM
Oh yes, it's affected all the CC at TSR as well. The only CC that is not broken is stuff they made in the first couple of months of WS being released, when it didn't pull the RIG into the package. Or of course stuff that doesn't really use the RIG for anything obvious such as deco items.

HystericalParoxysm
17th Oct 2011, 8:56 PM
Balls. Well, thanks for the info. I guess I'm patching now. Or, more likely, in the morning, and then pulling my hair out trying to fix all this stuff... I just -had- to make a bunch of stuff with a bazillion different styles attached that I'm gonna have to redo, didn't I? *SIGH*

Edit: Imma wait till Delphy has a chance to look at the documentation on the old format vs. the next, as it may be possible to do an auto-fixity thing that doesn't require a full reclone. Maybe. Possibly. Perhaps.

crinrict
17th Oct 2011, 9:41 PM
Is build mode stuff affected by this too ? I'm not sure I fully understand the slot stuff :)

Clothing and hair should be safe, right ?

Inge Jones
17th Oct 2011, 9:44 PM
The build mode stuff will be affected too, but as with anything, how much you'll notice the problem will be related to the way it is used in the game. Things where you don't really interact with them will probably go on working just as they always did. The game tolerates old-format RIGs, it's just the interactions and placing objects into slots that expect the new format.

We're not in blue-lot territory here, there is no evidence it's a game-breaker to have unfixed CC.

Perfectionist
17th Oct 2011, 9:44 PM
is it just .package files or sims3packs too? Does it matter? If it's just .package files I can deal with out that CC, but not my sims3packs.

Inge Jones
17th Oct 2011, 9:45 PM
It's sims3packs also. Sorry.

HystericalParoxysm
17th Oct 2011, 9:45 PM
It's everything that has a _RIG - so both package and sims3pack.

It's apparently also a problem with poses too.

Perfectionist
17th Oct 2011, 9:49 PM
Does EA store content not work either then? I have no idea what an _RIG is so sorry for the questions haha!

HystericalParoxysm
17th Oct 2011, 9:50 PM
EA released a patch for Store content a few days ago.

crinrict
17th Oct 2011, 10:01 PM
Other than the one the had on 09/12/11 ? I've only seen one store patch so far.

HystericalParoxysm
17th Oct 2011, 10:04 PM
There's supposed to have been one a few days ago - I haven't patched anything myself in ages so I dunno for sure, but I saw some info around about it.

Nysha
17th Oct 2011, 10:08 PM
Apparently the Store patch was one of these things that pops up annoyingly in-game and bugs the hell out of you 'til you block it in your firewall.

Figuring out what you cloned in order to use Inge's method above, with a pic for dummies:
1. Open your file in S3PE and make sure Tags is ticked.
2. Find the OBJD resource.
3. Click Grid.
4. Check Instance Name for the name of the item your item was cloned from.

writerchick
17th Oct 2011, 10:13 PM
So for the non-modders out there (and to make sure I understand the concept)...

This breaks anything that uses a _RIG to create it. Any object that a sim interacts with... any object with an animation associated with it. Any one-frame animations (which are what poses are).

Can we assume that deco objects are not affected, since sims don't interact with them? Clothing, makeup, shoes, hairs... all that stuff is okay, since sims don't interact with them?

Is this essentially correct?

Inge Jones
17th Oct 2011, 10:15 PM
As I understand it, yes.

Deestar
17th Oct 2011, 10:40 PM
This complicates my first mesh set considerably, thank goodness I only have the table done and thank you for the work around Inge.

Don Babilon
17th Oct 2011, 10:49 PM
Out of mere curiosity, what is it then that makes store stuff different from 3rd party content? The only store patch is really the one from 09/12 that crinrict mentioned, that's more than a month ago. Shouldn't that have made patched store stuff unusable while 1.24 was still the current patch? And shouldn't such a patch not have changed every single item in the DCCache, while items having been added afterwards should then be unpatched?

Nysha
17th Oct 2011, 10:53 PM
There would be no need for the Store patch to change everything in the DCCache: to convert the _RIGs as it found them would be way too much hassle when you can just replace or override _RIGs with given Instance numbers. The only difference is that the Store stuff has evidently been updated, while CC stuff hasn't. :)

We should have a tutorial on fixing objects manually up, complete with pictures, tomorrow afternoon at the latest.

writerchick
17th Oct 2011, 10:58 PM
We should have a tutorial on fixing objects manually up, complete with pictures, tomorrow afternoon at the latest.

Can you only manually fix items you created, or can you manually fix items which someone else made (who maybe doesn't even create for TS3 any longer)?

I'd hate to see old content abandoned because it can't be fixed...

Nysha
17th Oct 2011, 11:01 PM
You can manually fix other people's stuff, using Inge's method and the information in my post earlier. :)

macthekat
17th Oct 2011, 11:02 PM
I just tested a stack of CC doors (different creators), the animations is broken on all of them - the sims just walk though them.
The animations on fireplaces however work fairly well - they are a bit strange (odd arm movements on "Poke fire" - otherwise it works)

writerchick
17th Oct 2011, 11:03 PM
You can manually fix other people's stuff, using Inge's method and the information in my post earlier. :)

Crap. Now I need to learn how to mesh and junk... :lol:

lhawk07
17th Oct 2011, 11:05 PM
...3) Open in s3pe and make a note of the TGI (resourcekey) number of the _RIG you get
4) Open your broken cc package in s3pe and then open the VPXY in Grid.

I apologize if I missed something but when you say resourcekey, I get the choices: Name, Tag, Type, Instance, Chunk Offset, etc ... across the top of the page. Is the resource key the one under "type" or "instance" or something else entirely? My apologies. I didn't see one that exactly matched what you said so I don't want to mess up my files terribly by picking the wrong thing :-) Thank you so much for providing an answer to this patch problem. I would have NEVER known what to do!

Inge Jones
17th Oct 2011, 11:17 PM
Sorry. The resourcekey (aka TGI) is made up of Type, then Group, then Instance. So you need to note each one of those numbers for the resource in question.

SquinkyandPink
17th Oct 2011, 11:46 PM
I'm finding problems with CC makeup in CAS (all types but costume makeup) could this be fixed in the same way as mentioned earlier?

ewwwwwww
18th Oct 2011, 12:30 AM
Yes, there is definitely an issue with animations. My sims keeps doing pop-a-wheelies in her car before she starts driving. :lol:

jeromycraig
18th Oct 2011, 12:32 AM
I'm glad to see everyone is on the case here. I, for one, will not be installing until the Creative Elite have worked out a solution. The cc I've collected is much more important to me than the idea of pets.

Nysha
18th Oct 2011, 12:35 AM
SquinkyandPink, as far as we know CAS stuff is not affected, and makeup is definitely not affected.

(That's not to say there couldn't be a separate bug affecting makeup - but if there is, it's not this bug. :) )

Inge Jones
18th Oct 2011, 12:41 AM
Peter has thrown together a new rig wrapper for testing, in case anyone wants to experiment with it. Thread at http://dino.drealm.info/den/denforum/index.php?topic=704.0 Not yet suitable for creating content to share, as it is not finished.

Skadi
18th Oct 2011, 12:42 AM
Give Peter a big smooch for me Inge.

The only reason most people can enjoy this game is because of dedicated people like yourselves.

jeromycraig
18th Oct 2011, 12:55 AM
That's why we lurve our Inge.

Gother Lee
18th Oct 2011, 1:04 AM
I just got this game 2 months ago and my instincts told me I was gonna go thru alot of crap if I got pets so I avoided it.

Apparently, EA doesn't give a rats behind of how much bugs and issues will then follow with each of their blockbuster releases. (They just wanna make money.)

I recommend you just wait until 1-2 years with each of their new releases before making a purchase.

SquinkyandPink
18th Oct 2011, 1:06 AM
SquinkyandPink, as far as we know CAS stuff is not affected, and makeup is definitely not affected.

(That's not to say there couldn't be a separate bug affecting makeup - but if there is, it's not this bug. :) )
Thanks for your reply I'll look into it further elsewhere <3

lhawk07
18th Oct 2011, 2:22 AM
Sorry. The resourcekey (aka TGI) is made up of Type, then Group, then Instance. So you need to note each one of those numbers for the resource in question.

Thank you very very much. That worked PERFECT and you are a genius.

MintyZoi
18th Oct 2011, 2:40 AM
Well, that's crappy. I was looking forward to trekking out to get Pets right away, but now I think I'm going to wait a while. What's with EA anyways? They allow CC and then they break it? Doesn't make sense to me. Anyways, thanks for the heads up Leesester and all.

Aharikido
18th Oct 2011, 3:10 AM
Sigh.............Oh christ, can't these people get anything right? I can't believe they did this, they KNOW most people use CC, and they wouldn't be playing the game withOUT it. This is so effin' stupid. Ok, now that my mini-rant is over......

I'm sure I'm gonna sound completely retarded, but I don't even know what S3PE IS. Should I be messing with it, or is it something even I can handle? IF it's safe for me to attempt messing with it, where would I find it, and is this something that needs to be done on ALL, as in EACH and every single piece of interactible CC??? I have 17.9 Gigs of Downloads and 4.3 Gigs of Mods. Should I kill myself now, or assume it'll all be okay when some genius out there provides something that will fix everything for us?

sci_fi40
18th Oct 2011, 3:25 AM
Can anyone here clarify exactly what is effected? I'm a little bit confused by all the information I've been reading. (Both here and on the official forums)

Here's what I've gathered: its building stuff and objects (Even ones downloaded as .sim3packs) that are affected by this update. Basically anything a sim would interact with; Clothes and hairs and other CAS parts should be fine. (Although I've read some people saying those weren't working either.) I can understand doors being broken, but what about things like windows, plants and patterns? Does anyone know if these types of items, which have no interactions, are still functioning? And what about custom worlds and houses?

I'd test myself, but I'm on a Mac so EA hates me, and I can't get this update without completely reinstalling my game. So I'm just waiting until I get Pets tomorrow, and I'll do whatever I need to then.

Also, someone on one of the official forum threads suggested that the change is to allow for some type of pet interaction...which is logical...still annoying as hell, but it is an excuse that makes sense.

noxnoxnox
18th Oct 2011, 3:34 AM
S3PE is here:
dino.drealm.info/den/denforum/index.php?board=19.0
If you read the instruction carefully, you'll be fine, I were computer-illiterate back then when I started using it to re-categorize objects. But with your amount of CC, bloody hell, I don't think it's practical to fix it yourself. I hope there is a batch fix released soon. Inge, Delphy, Twallan...have helped us through many insane patches so all my hope are with them now.

Ghost sdoj
18th Oct 2011, 3:51 AM
Sigh.............Oh christ, can't these people get anything right? I can't believe they did this, they KNOW most people use CC, and they wouldn't be playing the game withOUT it. This is so effin' stupid. Ok, now that my mini-rant is over......

I'm sure I'm gonna sound completely retarded, but I don't even know what S3PE IS. Should I be messing with it, or is it something even I can handle? IF it's safe for me to attempt messing with it, where would I find it, and is this something that needs to be done on ALL, as in EACH and every single piece of interactible CC??? I have 17.9 Gigs of Downloads and 4.3 Gigs of Mods. Should I kill myself now, or assume it'll all be okay when some genius out there provides something that will fix everything for us?

If the people who made all your CC are still active they may fix things for you, so you will just need to download them again. It does affect sims3pack CC too, so you will be reinstalling Simss3packs for a while after you clean out everything you have that isn't store content. Delphy may have some luck in creating an auto-fix program, which will fix your packages. All is not lost.

You find s3pe by following the autolink in "s3pe". It's a very powerful tool, and as with any powerful tool you can make a real mess if you use it improperly. But it's not terribly hard to manage simple things, especially if you carefully follow step by step instructions. The big key is to make a copy of the file you are working with, and store that copy safely away from your work area. If you mess things up too badly, discard what you were working on and make a new copy of the original.

You have the step by step instructions in Inge's post. If you want to try fixing things for yourself before the creator gets to it (and a prolific creator has a -lot- to fix!) this would be a good introduction to s3pe. Who knows; this may inspire you to create! (Or inspire a creator to never make anything else for sims 3 until they stop breaking it. :lol: )

Strawberry Kiwi
18th Oct 2011, 4:15 AM
I don't know what the simming community would do without you guys. I really hope all this mess is sorted out as I've invested a LOT of time in downloading decorations over the years... It would suck to see them all just have to go like that.

noxnoxnox
18th Oct 2011, 4:20 AM
(because if you use the simpack of it the game recognizes it as not boughten by me and it dosent show up ingame) so i bypassed this by macking in a .package file then combining the files to one (to speed the game. So if EA fixed the store content, would this also be included cause its store content? Or no?
Piracy is not supported in MTS.
If you extracted the store sims3pack to package, it would not be supported by EA fix.
The underground store discussion is here:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?PHPSESSID=89f58a6f72a9bed4429c7a1c257da19a&topic=18888.1550

game90
18th Oct 2011, 4:22 AM
I sure do hope someone would eventually create a batchfix program similar to the blue lot fixer. Looks like i would have to fix up and recombine my CC.

Aharikido
18th Oct 2011, 4:27 AM
Thanks so much, noxnoxnox and Ghost sdoj, for your replies. :-) I can't tell you how glad I am to hear the words, "All is not lost"! I am SO keeping my fingers crossed that Delphy (or someone else) creates an auto-fix-thingy. Although I'm sure I could whittle down my CC SOME, I wouldn't want to give too much of it up, so doing it all myself could be a HUGE PIA! This may indeed, be the time to delve into the S3PE though, perhaps for a favorite object or two. ...and you're right, Ghost sdoj, maybe this will lead to some mad-creatin'! ;-) Keep your fingers crossed for a fix everybody. I think in the meantime, I'mma go read those S3PE instructions REALLLY carefully and give it a go. Thanks guys !!!! :-)

desco
18th Oct 2011, 4:58 AM
Is it just animations that are broken? Or have the objects stopped functioning completely?

ellacharmed
18th Oct 2011, 5:19 AM
It is any object that has Slots, ie any that you approach to interact with and has a menu. Even some that don't have Interaction menus but have Slot placements (like static decor) may be wrong in some manner - sinking / floating / things like that.

Rennara
18th Oct 2011, 6:28 AM
Is it possible EA will come up with another patch...this affects every creator out there that made custom content. Wouldn't it be better to wait and sit tight...any word from EA? I heard a few creators are trying to come up with a script. Hate to see all the creators panic and come out with new versions when an script will fix it. For now now couldn't we disable custom content and wait for the script geniuses to come up with a fix?

Deestar
18th Oct 2011, 6:40 AM
Given EA's past history they won't fix CC slots in the next patch as they never have fixed problems with CC in the past. Substantial changes to objects were made both with Sims 1 Unleashed and Sims 2 Pets and it was left entirely up to the creators to fix their CC, in most cases EA didn't even update their own custom objects such as the items on the Exchange, the preorder gifts, or Store content, it was left up to modders like Lord Darcy in TS2, to add slots, update to function with new EP's and SP's and repair non-working interactions and animations that were FUBAR as a result of in game changes. And it has been the same way for TS3 so far, the community had to come up with fixes for blue lots with WA, and broken doors and windows with Late Night. EA didn't come up with the fixes for that people like Inge and Peter, Delphy and Granthes fixed those problems.

This is how EA sees things .... CC that breaks as a result of changes made to the game in EP's/SP's is the responsibility of the CC/Modding community to fix, in other words EA might have broken it but they didn't make it in the first place so it isn't their problem, they only see fixing their own game items as their responsibility (and given how many things have broken w/ EP's, SP's and patches that they have never truly fixed and have left up to the Creating/Modding community to fix like Photography for instance, they don't even see the stuff they make themselves as being their responsibility to fix).

lilajean
18th Oct 2011, 6:45 AM
Well i can say it's not Just CC that is effected. My Omni plants wont let me feed them, and i can't get into the "Fresh and Frozen Grocer" either. SO i'm really starting to think there is more then we think is wrong with it. And this just started today after i patched :(

Slipperman
18th Oct 2011, 7:56 AM
I haven't downloaded the patch yet, because of reading about these CC issues. Not that I have a lot of CC objects in my game, but I still have some nonetheless that I like having in my game (particularly FreshPrince's cars)...Now it seems I'll have to track down and re-download all the custom objects (or hope Delphy or another modder makes a fix-all program for outdated CC)...

Guess it's a good thing my copy of Pets isn't due to arrive until later in the week (I pre-ordered from Amazon and selected the Free Shipping option)...

Tim (aka the Slipperman)

ninfadistella
18th Oct 2011, 8:25 AM
I am noticing a weird glitch after the recent patch and wondering if you guys might be able enlighten me. Suddenly I am noticing that none of my installed sims3packs are showing in the launcher as installed, despite the fact that they are actually installed in the game (I loaded the game up and tested to make sure everything was there). This includes Sims3Packs of items actually purchased from the store, as well as sims3packs created by CC creators. Now, this isn't a huge problem in that at least the items still show/work in game, but it does make uninstalling that particular piece of CC a bit difficult (which will need to be done to clear out any CC that has been broken as a result of the patch). Has anyone else experienced this with the new patch?

HystericalParoxysm
18th Oct 2011, 10:04 AM
If you're having problems with stuff other than CC objects in-game...

It's still possible there are other bugs with the expansion. However, this thread is not the place for them. Please first go through this FAQ: Game Help:Sims 3 Game Problem - each and every step, in order, and don't skip anything. If you still have problems, there's a link at the top of that FAQ (in the little navigation bar) to the Game Help Q&A Forums where you can post about your problem. Please do not clutter up this thread with stuff about other unrelated issues - this thread is JUST about EA borking CC with the new _RIG format, and the only problems that will be related to this are things that have interactions of some sort in-game.

WesHowe
18th Oct 2011, 4:39 PM
It is no wonder things got discombobulated. For Pets, EA hired a company who in turn hired a bunch of artists and programmers for the duration of the contract (which wound up a few weeks ago) to get Pets created. I guess if you can't milk the cow fast enough, you can hire someone else to do it, especially if you don't care whether the cow gets sore teats.

Learned about this from one of the now-former employees.

<* Wes *>

HowtoKill
18th Oct 2011, 5:00 PM
I'm spooked now. Have Pets sat by my computer but I'm too darn terrified to install. THEY'LL NEVER TAKE MY CC ALIVE!

leefish
18th Oct 2011, 5:15 PM
I have been doing some testing on existing CC and it seems that the big issues are borked animations. The CC beds and sofas I tested were visible in game with the new patch but animations were badly off, sims sinking into the furniture, things like that. On the bed the sheets animation was totally broken - when they enter or exit the bed the sim sort of jerks about on an axis. The car I tested seemed fine (was my mini) - probably because there are few if any animations in cars- but I am not a great tester. I have base game patched to latest patch, no EPs. I have no idea what would happen with a game with Pets installed. I did get to test a custom bed Inge made and that animated fine, so it looks as if it will work using Inge's fix in a PATCHED game - I have no idea how it will be with the Pets EP installed.

Inge Jones
18th Oct 2011, 5:25 PM
Lee, that bed was cloned from after the patch. It wasn't an old bed "fixed". I just asked you to test it to compare with OM's findings that it didn't appear in her game, to make sure it wasn't due to a fault in my clone. So I am afraid that bed doesn't demonstrate the fix works in general.

However, it has been independently tested by others and found to work.

leefish
18th Oct 2011, 5:28 PM
Sorry if it was unclear Inge - I am just trying to tell people what the effects of using old unfixed CC in a patched game seems to be so far ( the anims are ruined) and offer a ray of hope with the bed you showed me. But it was a NEW clone. Arg.

The Regal Sim
18th Oct 2011, 5:36 PM
does this affect things like paintings or wall hangings? or wall paper? i just made some and hope its not affected by this T_T

murfee
18th Oct 2011, 5:48 PM
I was reading the My Sims 3 Blog thread advertising the new patch (that's how I found out about this EFFING MESS--THANKS a bunch, effin EA :rolleyes: ) and someone there said that the reason why the animations are all BORKED TO HELL now is because of the effin PETS--Pets are going to use new animation/interactions with ALL surfaces--climbing on sofas and counters and whatnot, and that EA had to change every surface in order to accomodate some useless pooch making a piss mess on your upholstery.

Wonderful. :rolleyes:

I don't even WANT Pets, and yet EA has yet again SUCKessfully found a way to ruin everyone's simming experience, whether they waste money on EA's nonsense or not--way to go! :up:

Unless Delpy can find a godsent quick fix like the miraculous Dashboard, it's gonna be a b!tch fixing almost 2+ years worth of slot CC. When WA came out, CC was still getting off the ground and that bug was pretty much nipped in the bud rather quickly, but this is a whole new monster we're dealing with now. :blink: I'm a lazy effin wench, and even though I never created a bed or sofa I DID create an end table or two, and even I don't have the heart to go back and fix them--what the eff's gonna happen to all the poor MEGA creators like Vita and Luna who have done TONS of sets, who will now have to go back and do it all over again!? :blink: And really, some are gonna inevitably fall through the cracks on this one, the same way you can every now and then still find a buggy blue lot creation by someone who didn't update their stuff/fix it with help from the Dashboard--there are gonna be some creators who never update their stuff, and it's unfair of EA to expect us to go in and volunteer to fix unsupported CC we come across, just cuz their goofy behinds did a 180 on the whole creations process. :( This sucks, EA--you don't care about your community at all--it's the CC creators that keep the game lush and interesting, numbnuts! :faceslap: What's the ratio of downloaders versus vanilla players, really? Come on, EA, CC are the nuts and bolts of the whole operation, and there they go breaking it. :rolleyes:

I'm just pissed off because it's so DELICIOUS how EA KNEW Pets was gonna break Slot CC to heck and back probably ages ago, and didn't say a PEEP--but they surrepticiously went ahead and silently fixed all of their Slot CC, and released that obscure Store Patch (that I never got, as far as I can tell) so that all the STORE stuff works, but no one else's--just a brilliant way of sneaking in from behind and kicking the competition in the groin. >_< They did it on purpose, probably hoping that with all the CC stuff all over the effin community now debunked until we get them all fixed that people would have a No Confidence reaction to CC and stick to the Store for downloads, as all of their stuff works (haw haw, how convenient :heyhey: ), thus feeding EA's coffers and keeping the flesh eating giant as the king of the castle. :king:

Well met, Electronic Arts. Well met.
Bastards.

The Regal Sim
18th Oct 2011, 5:52 PM
I hope this isnt going to affect my 2 story painting mega set -_-

coltraz
18th Oct 2011, 6:41 PM
I'm just pissed off because it's so DELICIOUS how EA KNEW Pets was gonna break Slot CC to heck and back probably ages ago, and didn't say a PEEP--but they surrepticiously went ahead and silently fixed all of their Slot CC, and released that obscure Store Patch (that I never got, as far as I can tell) so that all the STORE stuff works, but no one else's--...

That's what really annoys me about this, too. Yes, true, EA doesn't support CC...and this is their game, and if they want to make changes then it is up to them to do so...I don't think they are trying to phase out the CC that they do not themselves create. But if they were aware this was going to happen, why the hell did they not release a notice about it a month or even a few days before releasing the new patch to at LEAST give modders a head start on fixing it, and to at least make their customers aware? Or, if they can't find the damn time to do that, why not stick a WARNING in the patch notes: "This will break all your custom content if you install it. Just a little FYI. :)"

This company never ceases to amaze me.

Kestie Freehawk
18th Oct 2011, 7:02 PM
It took all day, I had to create a new profile with no custom content, I had to reload my store content, world maps and saves. I had to play a test copy. but umm no dep.... NO DEP.

At least untill I load the expansion.

I'm patched. Treeag's book is still functional for my needs and purplepaws carpet and paper work. I am a happy simcamper.

Mehrlicht
18th Oct 2011, 7:14 PM
Have tried Inge's fix ( Thank you so much, Inge)....But I am a dummy and probably missed one or several steps...Don't know if its the right place to ask for help.
1) I tried to fix "Camille - Alexis Neo Classic Round End Table" in order to have a lamp on it.
2) Cloned it -easily- with S3OC...And carefully took note oh the RIG.
3) Opened the broken package with Simpe and followed the steps in the grid...The number I was looking for was exactly the same as the RIG.Well,didn't see what to edit and just clicked "Commit", then saved the package and sent it to the "Mods" folder, after uninstalling the broken Sims3pack.
4) Unfortunately it didn't work,lamps keep staying under the table.
Of course you can make fun of ...whatever you want, but,please, be pityful and give me a hint!

Thanks in advance.

HowtoKill
18th Oct 2011, 7:28 PM
EA don't really give a darn about their customers. It's about the money. Their customer service reflects this. A really good game made by a truly crappy company. I am DREADING having to go round and find updates for every tiny bit of CC. Hope somebody can find a cheeky repair.

Inge Jones
18th Oct 2011, 7:39 PM
3) Opened the broken package with Simpe and followed the steps in the grid...The number I was looking for was exactly the same as the RIG.Well,didn't see what to edit and just clicked "Commit", then saved the package and sent it to the "Mods" folder, after uninstalling the broken Sims3pack.

I don't totally understand what you're saying here, but obviously if you didn't edit anything, nothing will have changed and your broken cc will still be broken. If you can explain your predicament in more detail perhaps I can help you work out why you were unable to edit :)

Rennara
18th Oct 2011, 7:54 PM
I know EA is really the target of the anger here and it would have be good customer relations if they could have come up with a patch for all custome content from every creator that ever created something in whatever way if that was even possible. I'm just glad we have some geniuses that come up with fixes for the programs we do work with. I don't think one company can actually come up with a fix for another company when they don't know how they made it the first place. I think Sims is one of the greatest most innovative and creative programs out there. It would be nice and maybe to idealistic to hope everyone could work together. But I'lll go for one fix at time. Go MTS!!! Go Inge, Go Delphy Rah Rah Rah

majesticg
18th Oct 2011, 7:58 PM
I installed Pets with all the expansions and a few of the CC just to see if there were any changes. Well, the slot issue is still there..

Aharikido
18th Oct 2011, 8:04 PM
I THOUGHT I had a backup of my game when I installed the patch yesterday....Apparently, I was wrong. If I uninstall everything, and reinstall, it's all good right? I mean, I could reinstall, and NOT update my game with the latest patch...I could manually, incrementally patch up to that point, or no? Also, Has installing the patch literally "broken" our CC, or is it just that it won't work with the new patch? In other words, my Downloads and Mods folders, nothing from the patch has "changed" them and broken them so that let's say I'd done a clean uninstall and reinstall...MINUS the latest patch, the items in my DLs and Mods folders would still work....no coding has been altered?

I also thought I'd check in to see if, in the light of day, we all still have HOPE that this mess can be fixed (not one at a time, lol)? I've had a faltering moment in my faith, and am thinking of somehow killing myself with my game disk ;-) . I just don't know how I'd ever play the game without my CC. Now that I know what playing WITH it is like, playing withOUT it just isn't the same. :(

Nysha
18th Oct 2011, 8:08 PM
Mehrlicht, you cloned the wrong thing. You need to clone the EA item that the CC item was cloned from - as per my instructions on page 1. :)

Aharikido, your mods will still work if you uninstall/reinstall without patching fully. Your saves may not, though.

Inge, do you have any files that you have confirmed broken that you could point me at? I need to test my tutorial, and it turns out that the item I "fixed" while writing it actually already worked in a patched game... :faceslap:

Mehrlicht
18th Oct 2011, 8:18 PM
A big Thank you, Inge and Whiterider, you are my heroes ! Whiterider, I didn't right understand what to do with your tute (have printed both, yours and Inge's guide, but still was lost. Now I'll give it a new try.

Aharikido
18th Oct 2011, 8:22 PM
Thank you so much whiterider :D ...oh, and one more thing. It was my understanding that this patch simply screwed up the animations for our CC......but they are able to be placed. So, if I wanted to put down a room for display, or I wanted to use it but didn't care about the animations (just a hypothetical), I could still put down a table, for example, with a lamp on top?...or won't our CC even work with OUR CC because of that slot issue?

elansims
18th Oct 2011, 8:45 PM
Thanks to all the creators who are working diligently to find a viable solution to this problem.

I have limited knowledge of the Sims3 objects and of programming, but I'm going to toss out a few theoretical program ideas to see if they might have some substance.

Would it be possible to create a program that automatically searches your custom content, finds the original pre-patch problem files, finds the new OBJ files from the index of installed files used to clone the pre-patch item, then replaces the old one with the new one? Much like the s3oc finds all the items in your game, this program would search a specified folder (your mods folder) for your CC items, then match old file to new file (from s3oc) and replace.

I'm not sure how much of this can be automated, but I figure that the start of a batch program could lie in s3oc somehow.

Inge Jones
18th Oct 2011, 8:50 PM
Micke of TSR staff has got a batch fixer in testing. I think it might be released tomorrow if the testers are all happy by then.

Whiterider, try this one http://www.modthesims.info/d/429026

lisfyre
18th Oct 2011, 8:56 PM
Since I'm only a player and I know zip, zilch, nada about modding or fixing anything, I will patiently wait for you awesome and fabulously talented people to update existing CC before I patch my game. EA should hire you guys and pay you a gazillion amounts of money for fixing their inept mistakes.

Like some people here, I don't want Pets so I'm not in such a great hurry to patch... however, I was looking forward to getting collections. Ah well.

~~runs back to her corner of the room to play her existing game~~

Nysha
18th Oct 2011, 9:09 PM
Mehrlicht, the first step in Inge's method is to "remember what you cloned the item from, and clone it". My info just shows you how to find out what the object was cloned from without having to "try to remember". :)

Aharikido, placement slots are broken too, so no, you can't put stuff on CC tables.

Thankyou, Inge. :)

rearea
18th Oct 2011, 9:24 PM
Thank you guys so much for this thread, If it wasn't for Awesims, I would not have looked up what was wrong. I preordered pets and it should be there when I get home, but I won't install it until I have everything with slots out of my game (because in the last patch, my game wouldn't even patch because of bad CC and I had to reinstall the game and every ep/sp). Thank God that CAS stuff is still intact. Now I'll be waiting patiently for the CC to be updated because I have no clue how meshes and slots work. Thanks guys!

Mehrlicht
18th Oct 2011, 9:30 PM
Thank you,Thank you, Whiterider. You know what? It WORKED FINE. The "Camille round Table" was cloned from the "TableEndBrass", then it was easy to edit the -RIG.I can again have a lamp ON the table and its greatly appreciated. In my first try I had missed the real connection between Inge's tute and your instructions. With your help I have learnt a lot from this error. Thanks again.

Aharikido
18th Oct 2011, 9:37 PM
Micke of TSR staff has got a batch fixer in testing. I think it might be released tomorrow if the testers are all happy by then.

Whiterider, try this one http://www.modthesims.info/d/429026

I want to kiss Micke on the mouth!!!!!! ;-) :luff: :beer: :up: :giggler:

tizerist
18th Oct 2011, 9:45 PM
Micke of TSR staff has got a batch fixer in testing. I think it might be released tomorrow if the testers are all happy by then. http://www.modthesims.info/d/429026

Thanks, I will sleep better now :)

ninjette
18th Oct 2011, 10:19 PM
as of now i dont have any sim games on my computer, but i downloaded a bunch of cc today. when i get my game tomorrow i obviously want to put stuff in it...should i just stick to clothing and hair for now? and what exactly is "slots"?

Menaceman44
18th Oct 2011, 10:29 PM
Clothing and hair should be safe as they don't make use of slots.

Slots are basically spaces on objects where smaller objects are allowed to be placed. Tables usually have 1 slot for each table place so that plates can be put there and then one or two for decorative objects.
They also tell the game where Sims are allowed to "connect" with objects such as where to sit in a chair.

At least, that is my understanding of them.

Deestar
18th Oct 2011, 10:36 PM
Slots are the part of the object mesh that allow you to place objects on tables, tubs, sinks etc and that allow Sims to sit, sleep or otherwise interact with objects. CC objects that require a slot for placement such as, deco, lamps, small appliances, and electronics, and objects that have slots (e.g. beds, tables, desks, chairs, sofas, toilets, sinks, tubs, counters) and anything Sims can interact with ( fridges, stoves, doors windows and dressers) and custom animations are broken.

Theoretically though I have not had a chance to test due to a reinstall, custom paintings, patterns, walls and floors, hair, makeup, accessories, clothing, skintones, sliders, defaults and mods that have been updated for Pets/Latest Patch already will be fine. If they are not working it is either because they need to be updated for the latest patch or due to other glitches that aren't Pets related. Others who currently have Pets or who have been in game might be able to give you a better idea of what is currently working and what isn't. MS3B has stickied a post at My Sims 3 Blog so people can list what is currently working and what isn't.

katyco86
18th Oct 2011, 11:59 PM
Has anyone had any problems with mods? Most of my custom content is in CAS and mods, and I was planning to take out what little object mods I do have, and just play in the new town for the time being.

I have not installed Pets yet, and I was about to when I realized that the game would not stop updating. I updated through the beginning of the Pets installation, not the launcher. When I go to check on the updates through the launcher it says my game is up to date. I have tried to install a few times and it's the same problem every time. I was searching to see if anyone else was having this problem and that's how I found out about all the CC problems.

I am about to check and see if I have the slot problem even though it never showed the updating was finished. Has anyone else had any problems installing?

Nysha
19th Oct 2011, 12:25 AM
Pending a public release of a batch fixer, we now have a tutorial on manually fixing affected objects (it's not really long and complicated, it just has loads of pictures), here (http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Tutorial:Fixing_Object_RIGs_for_Patch_1.26).
(Shameless copypasta ftw)

DeadMetalSimmer
19th Oct 2011, 1:24 AM
Well I don't feel so bad I'm too broke to buy it (new apartment). Im sure by next month it will be sorted, the modders are a clever bunch.

grieralexander
19th Oct 2011, 1:51 AM
Clothing and hair should be safe as they don't make use of slots.

Slots are basically spaces on objects where smaller objects are allowed to be placed. Tables usually have 1 slot for each table place so that plates can be put there and then one or two for decorative objects.
They also tell the game where Sims are allowed to "connect" with objects such as where to sit in a chair.

At least, that is my understanding of them.

Some of the CC hair and clothes in CAS are not working also. I have spent the day testing out all my CC to see what still works and what needs fixing. The people at EA need a fix that's for sure! I also beleive that the sliders are also out of bounds for saved Sims. One of my muscular sims looked like he was on steroids :lol: The game also crashed while in CAS trying to use CC Sims.

Strawberry Kiwi
19th Oct 2011, 2:34 AM
Anyone using Grant's Custom Launcher? I was wondering if the package files created by it still work with the latest patch or not? All of my CAS cc comes in package form and it'd be a major loss if the program didn't work with the patch. I have way to many things piled into it.

coltraz
19th Oct 2011, 2:45 AM
Anyone using Grant's Custom Launcher? I was wondering if the package files created by it still work with the latest patch or not? All of my CAS cc comes in package form and it'd be a major loss if the program didn't work with the patch. I have way to many things piled into it.

I was wondering the same. I asked on his support forum. I don't actually use his launcher, but I plan to. I don't want to start uploading my CC into it before I know. No reply as of yet...

Srikandi
19th Oct 2011, 3:23 AM
There's no reason Grant's launcher should work any differently with the patch. The patch screwed up the CC, but didn't do anything to the CC framework ;)

I've been using v2 beta launcher with both the patch pre-pets and Pets, and it's fine (and a handy way to disable all that CC that is likely to be borked :p ). Think the same should be true for v1.

ninjette
19th Oct 2011, 3:41 AM
thanks for the replys. so maybe i can always just not install the patch...how necessary is the patch?

The Regal Sim
19th Oct 2011, 3:44 AM
The evil patch wouldn't install for me when it came out maybe it was a sign lol

Hbech
19th Oct 2011, 4:27 AM
Thanks for the manual guide. It was really easy to follow and I can confirm that I have Pets and the new patch installed and all animations worked for a single custom bed that I tried the process on as a user, not a custom content maker. Quite handy!

Aharikido
19th Oct 2011, 5:03 AM
Okay, so I read through the instructions on how to fix our CC, but I'm not at all sure how to convert my Sims3packs into the pkg.files that're necessary to do this. I've Googled the question of how to do it, but I'm seeing nothing but conflicting pieces of information. There are several video-how-to's on YouTube, but the comments below them suggest that the methods given are not accurate and that it's not as easy as was seen, to convert the files. Mainly, those comments are geared towards whether or not you do this simply by doing a "Save As" with the DCB biles. Not that even THAT is easy, at least for me...I mean, how the hell do you figure out what all that crap is, in order to rename it?

Oh, and what happens with DL'd houses or lots in Sims3pack form? Do you have to go in and then fix every borked item within that house or lot, or rather do you just fix one big file?

I also wanted to say thank you for the help I've received here, and for all of you out there trying to make a good way to fix this borked CC mess. I know I am one of a HUGE population of people out there that appreciate the hell out of you...seriously. :-) So, thank you.

jay-min
19th Oct 2011, 5:24 AM
first off - i love you guys. truly! i would have stopped playing probably soon as Maxis was sold, you have made my hobby actually fun. secondly SO glad i come here everyday. i was about to install and would have been just crushed! i am also not a creator, i thank you guys so much and do hope you can get this fixed out. i fussed at EA via tweet earlier...but i gave up on them years ago.

um...so pretty much this is just a thank you post (sending encouragement and virtual cupcakes ur way!)

Hbech
19th Oct 2011, 5:27 AM
Look up Delphy's MultiPack Installer to help convert any simspack to a .package file. That's what I had to download. It is a really simple and easy program to run and can convert multiple simspacks at a time!

Aharikido
19th Oct 2011, 5:38 AM
As my title says, lol, THANKS SO MUCH!!!! I can't believe I'm actually learning something through all of this! ...NOT that I'm thrilled to have to do it in the first place though ;-)

You guys are da bomb. ♥

box3d
19th Oct 2011, 5:40 AM
I hope this issue is solved soon! Without CC my game is so boring. Thanks to everyone who is trying to fix this issue!

gobot101
19th Oct 2011, 5:46 AM
i would have stopped playing probably soon as Maxis was sold, )

Just to let you know, Maxis was sold before The Sims 1 even came out. ;)

Srikandi
19th Oct 2011, 5:55 AM
Grant has a TEST VERSION of a tool for fixing CC, here: http://sims3.the-prof.net/forums/index.php/topic,1298.msg1995.html#msg1995

He'd love your feedback! Both mod makers, and mod users who want to get back in the game without waiting.

Edit: Tool now handles multiple files.

box3d
19th Oct 2011, 6:21 AM
Grant has a TEST VERSION of a tool for fixing CC, here: http://sims3.the-prof.net/forums/index.php/topic,1298.msg1995.html#msg1995

He'd love your feedback! Both mod makers, and mod users who want to get back in the game without waiting.

Thank you!! :D

BuffyJasmin
19th Oct 2011, 6:34 AM
Hello,

I'm new - obviously, my first post! Lol. I'd just like thank everyone. I've had this problem ever since last night, I couldn't find a solution and thought it was my game! I've been looking ever since for an explanation and finally! Thank you to all the creators who are trying to help and solve this problem. It sucks, Custom Content is such a big part of the game for most players. Let's hope they bring out a new patch to fix this ASAP! Thanks all again and nice to meet you all :)

Srikandi
19th Oct 2011, 6:36 AM
Hello,

I'm new - obviously, my first post! Lol. I'd just like thank everyone. I've had this problem ever since last night, I couldn't find a solution and thought it was my game! I've been looking ever since for an explanation and finally! Thank you to all the creators who are trying to help and solve this problem. It sucks, Custom Content is such a big part of the game for most players. Let's hope they bring out a new patch to fix this ASAP! Thanks all again and nice to meet you all :)

Welcome to MTS, BuffyJasmin :) As a few folks have said above, the rig issue is not likely to be "fixed" by a patch... it's a feature, not a bug, from EA's point of view. Fix for CC is up to the creators and/or users, but it looks like we're well on the way to making it as painless as possible.

Vixxe
19th Oct 2011, 7:56 AM
Hey!
After I installed the latest patch I get this message when I try to start my game;
"It looks like you have installed an unofficial game modification that does not match your current version of The Sims 3. We recommend that you either uninstall these game modifications or get updated versions of them - otherwise you may experience crashes or significant bugs."

Anyone else getting this? And can anyone help me sort it out? D:

Srikandi
19th Oct 2011, 8:21 AM
Hey!
After I installed the latest patch I get this message when I try to start my game;
"It looks like you have installed an unofficial game modification that does not match your current version of The Sims 3. We recommend that you either uninstall these game modifications or get updated versions of them - otherwise you may experience crashes or significant bugs."

Anyone else getting this? And can anyone help me sort it out? D:

Take out all your CC. You can't use core, script or gameplay type mods until they've been updated, and this time a number of other types of CC (objects) are broken too. The procedure applies any time you patch, though.

Read the faq here: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Preparing_for_the_Next_Patch_Expansion , and if you still have issues, post in the Game Help Q+A forum, which you'll find linked under the FAQs.

ninjette
19th Oct 2011, 8:56 AM
so basically its just the sim3packs needing to be converted to pkg files for the CC to work??

Buzzler
19th Oct 2011, 9:00 AM
so basically its just the sim3packs needing to be converted to pkg files for the CC to work??No, sims3packs are basically just containers for package files. Fixing CC that has been borked by the patch is no different for sims3packs than it is for packages.

BloomsBase
19th Oct 2011, 9:16 AM
It is possible Casparts aren't working either if the creater or program used a custom RIG.
CTU doesn't, TSRW has the possebility and dont know about DABOOBS

The fix presented by Grant does fix custom poses in vehicles but it doesn't fix the animations.

box3d
19th Oct 2011, 9:30 AM
It is possible Casparts aren't working either if the creater or program used a custom RIG.
CTU doesn't, TSRW has the possebility and dont know about DABOOBS

The fix presented by Grant does fix custom poses in vehicles but it doesn't fix the animations.

Am I supposed to rename the files in .package format or do I leave them as .bak (will the game read .bak if they're placed in the packages folder?)

EDIT: NEVERMIND, wow I am dumb. :wtf:

Inge Jones
19th Oct 2011, 9:42 AM
Reply #4 of this thread: http://dino.drealm.info/den/denforum/index.php?topic=704 could be useful to people wanting to convert packages without doing it manually. Was an unexpected contribution from Grant :)

Edit: Oops just noticed I am a bit late with this news - it's been posted a little way back lol

box3d
19th Oct 2011, 10:01 AM
I tested various objects that I ran through Grant's fix and in-game the sims and pets can both use the objects and none of them appear to be floating or bugged. The items however don't have any animations (sims walk through shower door, lay on top of blankets, don't pull chairs out, etc.) Almost there! :)

Nysha
19th Oct 2011, 10:41 AM
Akharikido, if you have lots which contain CC, I think what you'd have to do is the following:
Use D's Multi-Installer on the lot file to extract all the CC.
Try to work out which one is the lot .package and delete it - it's useless. If you can't work that out now, it's ok, it'll be the one which doesn't have an OBJD or a _RIG when you open it in S3PE.
Fix the other .package files and install them to Mods/Packages. (You could fix them with the manual method or by using Granthes' fancy tool thing)
Use CUSTARD to remove all the CC from the .sims3pack, since you have already installed it all as .package files.
Install the lot from the CUSTARDed sims3pack.

Mehrlicht
19th Oct 2011, 10:53 AM
Just a big Thank you for the great tutorial.

Inge Jones
19th Oct 2011, 11:18 AM
Just an update on the TSR fixer tool: It is an additional feature under tools in a new beta release of TSRW, which anyone can download. It works, for batches of packages or sims3packs, but does not recompress the package, so it ends up bigger. That is the main drawback. Compression will be added in due course.

macthekat
19th Oct 2011, 11:30 AM
Inge this might be stupid, but were do one get the beta? I have a door I want to test it on :)

Kasiula9085
19th Oct 2011, 11:30 AM
I'm testing the RigFix, but when I drag my package files on RigFix.exe it change .package files into .bak. What is this .bak and what I should do with it - rename?

Nysha
19th Oct 2011, 11:42 AM
It doesn't change the file into a .bak file. The .bak file is just a backup file, you use the original .package file, which has now been updated by the program. :)

Inge Jones
19th Oct 2011, 11:54 AM
Inge this might be stupid, but were do one get the beta? I have a door I want to test it on :)

http://trac.thesimsresource.com:8080/trac/workshop/wiki/WorkshopDownload

I hope everyone can get in that way, I did ask if it was ok to let people know about it. You want the version dated Oct 18, at the top. Be aware, this was speedily developed only yesterday, so don't just assume everything's gonna be ok.

Mehrlicht
19th Oct 2011, 11:58 AM
Thanks for the link. I have read that it doesn't work with Windows 7 (64).

Inge Jones
19th Oct 2011, 12:28 PM
I run TSRW on Windows 7 64bit.

dawn1
19th Oct 2011, 12:51 PM
I'm in the UK so I don't have pets yet but I did patch my game. I tested quite a few random CC objects in my game that all have slots and they seemed fine when I placed deco items on them. I also found that the pose player works fine too. The doors my sim used had the correct animations but I did notice that she kind of jumped out of the bed. That's the only strange thing I've noticed in Live mode. As for CAS, when first going into CAS, the sim stands there with their arms out to the sides. It takes a while for them to go into their normal stance but clicking on a tab quickly fixes it. I'm yet to check out more stuff though. I don't think I could manually fix all of the .package files I have as my folder is about 3GB. I'm not about to start sifting through that lot! Most of them are compressed together too. I've downloaded the fixer so I'm going to give that a try but I'm wondering if it works on compressed .package files. Has anybody tried that yet?

Menaceman44
19th Oct 2011, 1:12 PM
Would somebody mind testing my JustaBench for me? I haven't updated to the new patch yet or installed the EP so I don't know if it's been affected but I assume it will have been as it's a seat.
The updated file is here> http://www.4shared.com/file/7ZXsrZ1N/MM_JustaBench_3-10.html
I want to make sure I'm doing the update process correctly before I go ahead and fix the rest of my files.

Nysha
19th Oct 2011, 1:39 PM
The test fixer tool will work on combined .packages, but remember that it breaks any objects which have animations (like, for example, cars).

lhawk07
19th Oct 2011, 1:41 PM

Yes! I used the manual method to fix all my files except it wouldn't fix the custom counter (showed a sink-shaped hole in the middle) or anything with water coming out of it (sinks showers, etc...probably because there was something else affected there that I couldn't find) but this tool fixed them. YAY!

Nysha
19th Oct 2011, 1:54 PM
That's interesting. I fixed HL's bath/shower using the manual method, and the water was fixed along with the sim anims and the shower curtain. It didn't work for anything which uses water, for you?

lhawk07
19th Oct 2011, 1:57 PM
That's interesting. I fixed HL's bath/shower using the manual method, and the water was fixed along with the sim anims and the shower curtain. It didn't work for anything which uses water, for you?
No but I probably did something wrong. lol...It worked for everything else though and I had a LOT of things to fix. I probably fixed 25+ items manually so I am pretty sure I was doing it correctly but no, none of the water animations worked for me afterwards. I only had 2 items to fix (a shower and a sink) with water and both of them worked (as far as using them as intended) just the water disappeared. Hope I am making sense. It's early lol

Nysha
19th Oct 2011, 2:19 PM
Hmm. Maybe you could try out this (http://www.modthesims.info/d/436276) (which is the tub I fixed yesterday), and see if that works? I wonder if this is either a case of a difference between patched w/ no Pets and patched w/ Pets; or if perhaps Lunie tested the bath, and saw that water shows up in the bath when it's full, but didn't realise that the water actually coming out of the shower head doesn't work properly. :)

leefish
19th Oct 2011, 2:19 PM
Would somebody mind testing my JustaBench for me? I haven't updated to the new patch yet or installed the EP so I don't know if it's been affected but I assume it will have been as it's a seat.
The updated file is here> http://www.4shared.com/file/7ZXsrZ1N/MM_JustaBench_3-10.html
I want to make sure I'm doing the update process correctly before I go ahead and fix the rest of my files.

I downloaded and tested and it is fine - the sim sits, scoots and naps with no anim glitches.

Tini1989
19th Oct 2011, 2:34 PM
can I also convert the package files from the dcbackup-folder with this program?

Deestar
19th Oct 2011, 2:44 PM
I have patched and will be testing a bunch of stuff that I have fixed from dead/inactive sites or creators later today. I am keeping track of what has been fixed both by myself and others but can't post a working list on Free Sims Finds at the moment since my site/server is down and Sailfindragon is busy with the duct tape and hammer patching things back together again (and probably contemplating switching server hosts since this is the 3rd time in less than 5 weeks this has happened)

Inge Jones
19th Oct 2011, 2:48 PM
I think Granthes fixer actually translates the data you have in your rig file - even if you had edited it. My manual fix method simply resets the object to use the original (or patched) EA rig. So it's only suitable for CC that had not had the rigs edited. Use Grant's or the Workshop one for stuff where you edited the RIG.

The slight benefit of the manual system is you never need to worry again about the RIG changing with a patch, your object will always be auto updated.

BloomsBase
19th Oct 2011, 2:52 PM
I think Granthes fixer actually translates the data you have in your rig file - even if you had edited it. My manual fix method simply resets the object to use the original (or patched) EA rig. So it's only suitable for CC that had not had the rigs edited. Use Grant's or the Workshop one for stuff where you edited the RIG.

The slight benefit of the manual system is you never need to worry again about the RIG changing with a patch, your object will always be auto updated.

But how to edit the new RIG format?
Atevera's plugin no longer works and haven't seen any updates.

Grants file only fixes the poses, not the animations while my comp can not initialize the TSRW RIGconverter.dll :(

Nysha
19th Oct 2011, 2:53 PM
The manual method also creates backwards compatible files, whereas granthes' method probably doesn't.

I'd say that's a good reason for encouraging more conservative cloning in future.

Bloom, isn't this (http://dino.drealm.info/den/denforum/index.php?topic=704) that Inge linked to an editor for new format _RIGs? Having been posted two days ago I'd be surprised if it were written for the old format.

BloomsBase
19th Oct 2011, 3:13 PM
But since neither are compatible you need to have 2versions of s3PE installed both with a diffrent RIGeditor.
Because i wouldn't know how else to translate all the edits i made..
I better wait a week till you wizzards have sorted it out :)

No offence but those plugins are a pain to work with, editing a RIG through the GRID makes it so confusing(especially when you have to go look wich bone has wich hash. :( )

Inge Jones
19th Oct 2011, 3:14 PM
That's right WR, Peter got onto the case quickly and made a new RIG wrapper for s3pe. It won't work with old format RIGs, but the old RIG editor (as a s3pe "helper") still works on those, so between the two things you can open them all.

Bloomsbase, it's easy to have two versions of s3pe. You can simply download one version as the 7z, and manually unpack it into a seperate folder. Lots of people find it helpful to have more than one for various reasons.

ETA: Oh, just wanted to add, s3pe won't currently convert from one format to another, but you could use Grant's converter, then open in s3pe (new version) for any further edits.

BloomsBase
19th Oct 2011, 3:33 PM
ETA: Oh, just wanted to add, s3pe won't currently convert from one format to another, but you could use Grant's converter, then open in s3pe (new version) for any further edits.

No, you cant
There is nothing to edit then :)
s3PE 1447 and latest plugins.
I did convert some vehicles with Grant his proggy and altho it fixed the simspose the wheelanimations are gone.
That file cant be edited with s3PE with Atevera's plugin or with the new s3PE with Peter's new RIG.dll's
So i better wait a week and hope Atevera updates his plugin aswell :)

Strawberry Kiwi
19th Oct 2011, 3:51 PM
There's no reason Grant's launcher should work any differently with the patch. The patch screwed up the CC, but didn't do anything to the CC framework ;)

I've been using v2 beta launcher with both the patch pre-pets and Pets, and it's fine (and a handy way to disable all that CC that is likely to be borked :p ). Think the same should be true for v1.

Thank you! I was really worried because I find the tool to be a lot better for combing CC than merging packages with S3pe; I can actually uninstall things when I don't want them anymore. I'm using V2. Thanks again for the good news! :D

Inge Jones
19th Oct 2011, 3:53 PM
So what are you saying Bloom? Grant's fixer edits RIGs in such a way as they're not compatible with either the new or the old RIG versions? I find that hard to believe from competent coder like Grant.

A little later: I just tested it myself, and it works fine. Fix package using Grant, open in s3pe *after updating s3pe with new RIG wrapper, as previously mentioned/linked* and you can then read the RIG. You may still not enjoy having to edit the RIG in the Grid, but that's a completely different matter from not being able to get it to work at all :)

BloomsBase
19th Oct 2011, 4:22 PM
yes, that is wat i am saying.
This is all i get.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/846/rign.jpg/

New files cloned with s3OC do work Inge but NEW files out of TSRW or the ones that i tried to fix with Grants tool give me the screenshot result.

Inge Jones
19th Oct 2011, 4:27 PM
But that's TSRW, not Grant's fixer and s3pe like I suggested. Waiting for a new wrapper from atavera won't help your TSRW problems :)

BloomsBase
19th Oct 2011, 4:28 PM
i have the same result with both of them, clones from s3OC work ok

Inge Jones
19th Oct 2011, 4:31 PM
Would you like me to help you fix up the process with s3pe etc? I can do that, but it may be easier in chat.

BloomsBase
19th Oct 2011, 4:58 PM
Do you know how to fix the animations then?
I haven't done that many cars, maybe it is better to wait till TSRW works and start over with fresh clones.

laceyharkness
19th Oct 2011, 5:39 PM
First of all, I want to thank you guys for everything you're doing to help with the messed up CC. I'm not a modder, and while I would love to be, I don't know if I have the right skills to do it, so I always appeciate everyone's hard work that does.

So out of curiousity, how would someone like me, for instance, use this program on packages to reclone them? Is it as simple as putting a few files in at a time and letting it do the heavy lifting or is there more to it? I'm very confused when it comes to this whole thing.

Inge Jones
19th Oct 2011, 5:50 PM
The version of TSRW that I linked to earlier is already updated for the patch, ie will make fresh clones for those who use it and want to remake their objects.

Esmeralda
19th Oct 2011, 6:39 PM
I too want to say thank you to the marvellous coders who have come up with speedy fixes for this problem. I've just run all my broken objects through Grant Hess's Rig Fix and all of them seem to be working normally now with the 1.26 patch, what a relief! (Including my vehicles - thankfully none of them had wheel animation problems because none of them have wheels! I'd done very substantial rig editing to the driver and passenger positions in my latest vehicle and didn't think the rig edits would survive the conversion, but to my shock, they did! Well done Grant!)

EDIT: Grant, if you're reading this thread, I tried to register on your site to post in your Rig Fix thread to thank you and let you know it worked great for the types of objects I converted, but I kept getting the message 'An error has occurred' when I tried to register, and had to give up. So - thank you, and it worked great for chairs, sofas, tables, a bed, vehicles (without wheels) and a bubble blower!

bsy21
19th Oct 2011, 7:05 PM
Ok, I have a total newbie/lame question. Will there be a fix thats kind of like a patch for those of us that have no clue how to do this?? What I mean is, is that even a possibility? I hardly have any package file downloads....but hundreds of sims3pack downloads. Will I have to redownload every one of those, no matter what?? I have no problem waiting patiently for people to create fixes, but will I still have to start over anyway? I'm so confused! LOL!! Also, I didnt except the store item patch...is there a way to get it to re-ask for it??

Sorry Im so clueless!! Thanks for any comments. :)

Deestar
19th Oct 2011, 7:32 PM
The tool is actually pretty simple to use, you just drag your files over the .exe, you will see a black screen pop up, it will create a backup file for the file you just fixed, test in game and boom you are done. As for the store patch I do believe Judson Hudson uploaded it at Sims Programs and it is also available at the Sims 3 site under Game/Updates/Store Updates.

Nysha
19th Oct 2011, 7:39 PM
bsy21, there won't be a patch. You will have to redownload affected CC.

Once we have a batch fixer which doesn't break animations, it may also be possible to run .dbcs through it; I wouldn't recommend that with the current version of granthes' tool, though.

Malplacerad
19th Oct 2011, 7:46 PM
So what, for me etc who hasn't bought Pets yet, and not patched anything the past month - what's gonna happen? Will there be a fix for this in time or is the only solution hours and hours of work and finding old CC over again?

Inge Jones
19th Oct 2011, 7:47 PM
Here is a useful link for the TSR rigfixer, which will also work on dbc. However I have no idea whether it has the same problem with animations or not

http://trac.thesimsresource.com:8080/trac/workshop/wiki/RigFix

I think this is the same utility that will run from within Workshop, but without Workshop iyswim

simsample
19th Oct 2011, 8:02 PM
It is no wonder things got discombobulated. For Pets, EA hired a company who in turn hired a bunch of artists and programmers for the duration of the contract (which wound up a few weeks ago) to get Pets created. I guess if you can't milk the cow fast enough, you can hire someone else to do it, especially if you don't care whether the cow gets sore teats.

Learned about this from one of the now-former employees.

<* Wes *>

Thanks for this information Wes, they didn't let you into any technical secrets, by any chance?

It explains why everyone loves the new world though, usually EA worlds are universally hated! :giggler:

bsy21
19th Oct 2011, 8:22 PM
bsy21, there won't be a patch. You will have to redownload affected CC.

Once we have a batch fixer which doesn't break animations, it may also be possible to run .dbcs through it; I wouldn't recommend that with the current version of granthes' tool, though.

I know there wont be an actual patch....i just meant, will there be some sort of file that we place in our folder to make our downloads work....OR is redownloading everything inevitable??

Wait!! I think I get it! So, youre saying that there may a way to run the files that launcher bunches together (.dbc) and batch fix them that way?? Am I correct??

gobot101
19th Oct 2011, 9:29 PM
Here is a useful link for the TSR rigfixer, which will also work on dbc. However I have no idea whether it has the same problem with animations or not

http://trac.thesimsresource.com:8080/trac/workshop/wiki/RigFix

I think this is the same utility that will run from within Workshop, but without Workshop iyswim

I was going to test this out but it's giving me issues. First, Granny Viewer didn't have the granny2.dll. Finally found a copy of it on my comp, it came with granthes' tool. Copied that to where it needed to go, and now any object that I try to fix gives me another error:

"Could not convert [insert file name here]

Item has alrady been added. Key in dictionary: '84696387' Key being added: '84696387'"

Srikandi
19th Oct 2011, 9:30 PM
can I also convert the package files from the dcbackup-folder with this program?

Wait!! I think I get it! So, youre saying that there may a way to run the files that launcher bunches together (.dbc) and batch fix them that way?? Am I correct??

For Grant's program, you can do this, but you have to rename it to .package first (and rename it back afterwards). But, as mentioned above, there are still issues with some animated objects. You may want to give these guys, yknow, a few more hours ;)

Inge said above that the TSR tool takes .dbc. I don't know if it has the same issue regarding animations.

vgbookworm
19th Oct 2011, 10:12 PM
it's astounding the amount of work you guys do in such a short time. Makes me wish i was good a tech stuff so i could help. :gjob:

blythelyre
19th Oct 2011, 11:26 PM
it's astounding the amount of work you guys do in such a short time. Makes me wish i was good a tech stuff so i could help. :gjob:

DITTO! I already feel like a mooch and now I can't even help to fix anything.

Deestar
19th Oct 2011, 11:47 PM
@VGbookworm ,Once the tools are stable and Granthes, Delphy and the TSR programmers get the tools to the point where they are dealing both with the RIG issues and the animation issues it isn't really a matter of tech stuff, it is a matter of active creators running their content through the programs and the community doing their little bit by running through stuff from dead/inactive sites or retired creators like RD, Simpossible, and Sim National and uploading to the places the content is being hosted so we don't lose out on all that beautiful content. The current version of the tool isn't any harder to use than S3rc, Granthes Custom Launcher, Delphy's Multi-Pack Extractor or the Sims 3 Dashboard. If you can use those to manage your CC you can use the rig fixer tool.

@ Mods and Admins, what is the policy going to be for getting fixed content from inactive MTS creators like Melissa Mel updated since most of it will be done by the community rather than the creators (do we just send the updated fixed files to mods via pm so they can upload it to the original download link?), I don't have much from inactive MTS TS3 creators, so mostly just curious about that since I am fixing some stuff from inactive creators and I know MTS policy it is up to the individual creator to update rather than site-wide batch fixing of content like TSR is saying they are planning to do).

Edited: For spelling because I have been staring at the computer for to many hours today

Nysha
20th Oct 2011, 12:09 AM
So long as you've stuck to the rules on fixing abandoned stuff (http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=426734), please upload items anew. If you've fixed a bunch of stuff, then uploading sets of items by multiple creators is fine. We'll add a note to the original thread, and if the original creator comes back, they may choose to upload your files to their thread. That way both the creator and the fixer get the credit they deserve; and newly-fixed items will be more visible by virtue of being on the front page of downloads, rather than tucked away pages back in the original thread.

dawn1
20th Oct 2011, 12:23 AM
The test fixer tool will work on combined .packages, but remember that it breaks any objects which have animations (like, for example, cars).

Thanks!! I'll make sure I don't put any of my CC cars through the fixer. :)

Soiquantia
20th Oct 2011, 12:59 AM
I was going to test this out but it's giving me issues. First, Granny Viewer didn't have the granny2.dll. Finally found a copy of it on my comp, it came with granthes' tool. Copied that to where it needed to go, and now any object that I try to fix gives me another error:

Item has alrady been added. Key in dictionary: '84696387' Key being added: '84696387'"

Can you give information about the type of file (package/sims3pack/dbc) and on what type of objects you get this error? We've not run into this error yet.

AnoeskaB

gobot101
20th Oct 2011, 1:08 AM
Can you give information about the type of file (package/sims3pack/dbc) and on what type of objects you get this error? We've not run into this error yet.

AnoeskaB

They were package files. Most of them, if not all, were packages that had been extracted from sims3packs (one file I tested I can't remember if it had been extracted from a sims3pack. All my CC, other than store stuff and counters, I have as package files). But, it was all kinds of objects, beds, chairs, deco items, instruments.

thepuppydog26
20th Oct 2011, 1:09 AM

AnoeskaB

I have also been getting this error, on any package or sims3pack I try. I've tried tables, chairs, and beds with this exact error every single time.

I'm also using the granny2.dll from Grant's RigFix because when I downloaded the granny viewer from the site, it didn't seem to come with granny2.dll. For the record, I'm also running Windows 7 x64, and I know the RigConverter plugin isn't working in TSRW with 64 bit.

dawn1
20th Oct 2011, 1:25 AM

I get the same thing. I don't know why though. It says that all of the RIG files are encrypted but it won't convert anything.

dawn1
20th Oct 2011, 1:29 AM
I've decided to test out running my dcb files through Granthes RIG fix. It's taking a while though!!! I'll report back if anything is broken!

OK so I made a back up of my DCCache folder and ran all of my dbc files (except for the ones ending in .ebc) and it took a while for the fixer to get through the amount of CC that I have but I'm glad to say that, so far, most objects are working great!!!
There's a few end tables that are still borked though. The object to be placed on top either floats above or stays at the bottom. It only happened with a couple of them though. I have a couple of items where the drawers on the dresser come out of the side instead of the front but I can't remember if that's the way they were made. Even though I have cars installed in the launcher, the animations don't seem to be affected in anyway and they are functioning fine after going through the fixer.
Anyway, the bed animations are working fine for me now. I have an issue with a CC dishwasher and oven though. The doors don't open. All of my CC fridges and counters are functioning correctly though.

lisfyre
20th Oct 2011, 1:44 AM
A HUGE THANK YOU to all you awesome people that have fixed this mess that EA dropped on us. As I have said before, EA should pay you guys kajillions for fixing their inept mistakes... hell, EA should fire the Sim 3 team and hire you lot ;) Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I can now start thinking of getting that patch. Just one question, should I wait until after I get Generations and patch or just do it now and install Generations when I get it? Will I need to go thru this all over again or not?

Again, thank you so much for all you guys have done :)

painkillerdeb
20th Oct 2011, 2:44 AM
Is there a fix for non-object CC like the no mosaic mods and such?

katierose33
20th Oct 2011, 2:56 AM
those dont need a fix they need to be updated for the lates patches as most MODs need to be after patches

Srikandi
20th Oct 2011, 3:03 AM

With this patch, as with EVERY patch, graphics mods (like No Mosaic), core mods, script mods, and many XML mods have to be updated to be usable. So the fix is to look for and download the updated version (unless you understand how that particular mod works well enough to be able to open it and update it yourself :) )

In the case of NoMosaic, Twallan's version is updated, not sure about the various other versions. http://www.the-isz.com/nraas/index.php?/topic/2007-the-decensor-version-7-updated-2011-oct-17/page__pid__37235#entry37235

jay-min
20th Oct 2011, 3:17 AM
i want to help - i ran my packages through grant's fixer. is there another step? i am going to patch and start a new world so that i may help with feedback. (crosses fingers!!)
also i ran objects as well as clothing through just in case. (can you tell i am NOT a creator lol.)

disclaimer: if this has been answered please forgive - i have read each post before posting.

AJSimon
20th Oct 2011, 3:44 AM
I see a box that says: Could not find an entry point called GrannyConvertFileToRaw in DLL "granny2.dll"

Anyone now what the problem is?

painkillerdeb
20th Oct 2011, 3:45 AM
With this patch, as with EVERY patch, graphics mods (like No Mosaic), core mods, script mods, and many XML mods have to be updated to be usable. So the fix is to look for and download the updated version (unless you understand how that particular mod works well enough to be able to open it and update it yourself :) )

In the case of NoMosaic, Twallan's version is updated, not sure about the various other versions. http://www.the-isz.com/nraas/index.php?/topic/2007-the-decensor-version-7-updated-2011-oct-17/page__pid__37235#entry37235

Thank you! :lol: Since I have no idea how any of these mods work I have my work cut out for me. :)

Srikandi
20th Oct 2011, 4:43 AM
I see a box that says: Could not find an entry point called GrannyConvertFileToRaw in DLL "granny2.dll"

Anyone now what the problem is?

I'd suggest posting at TSR for support for their tool :)

xx_pinkster_xx
20th Oct 2011, 6:23 AM
Since the original Sims series there have been new EP's. With them came new patches and new headaches for modders, content creators and the millions of Sims fans who use and support their content. After the 4+ months of squealing with excitement an EP is released. Then we backup, remove the mods, test, crash to desktop, wait, update mods, test, crash to desktop, scream, stomp to the freezer, annihilate a pint of ice cream, uninstall, fresh install, cross fingers, crash to desktop, cry audibly in the fetal position and so on and so forth...
Somewhere along the lines I have found the patience to roll with the punches EP after EP. I take these opportunities to do a really thorough cleaning out of all my CC, which (aside from my game running smoother after feeding 6 gigs to the recycle bin) really helps me to appreciate some of my favorite CC artists. Then I run the new EP virtually CC free and I just ENJOY my game. Piece by piece the mods are updated and reinstalled, the broken CC is fixed or replaced, and things go back to normal for about 6 days and then EA will announce another awesome EP (headache).

I just want all of the moderators here, modders across the community, and artists who are or will soon begin to update their creations, to know how much you are all appreciated. Thank you for taking on these issues again and again.

There has been a lot of feuding and drama in the Sims community in the last few years, but it's these issues that bring modders from all different sites together to find a solution. (If only congress could play together as well as the Sims community :D )

Sleepy-Genius
20th Oct 2011, 9:19 AM
I don't think this question has been asked, but how do/will I update my poses, since they are/will be affected. People have already downloaded, so I would like to update before they scream at me.

Thank you.

Nysha
20th Oct 2011, 11:21 AM
Sleepy-Genius, I don't think there's a way of doing this yet. You can try granthes' tool and TSR's thing - poses are affected by the same issue as objects, so in theory the same fixes should work (the manual method, of course, will not work). However, because pose _RIGs do work differently from object _RIGs, they may not be supported yet. The best thing you can do is try the available fixes on your poses (after backing up ofc), and then post to let others know which methods do or don't work for poses. :)

Sleepy-Genius
20th Oct 2011, 12:45 PM
Alright. I will try and report back. :)

Esmeralda
20th Oct 2011, 4:08 PM
Something else I've discovered, don't know if it's been mentioned on this site or elsewhere already, is an apparent backwards-incompatibility with making new sims with the patched game:

I'm not patching nor installing Pets to my 'live' game for the time being, but installed and patched a secondary game on another PC for testing purposes so that I could fix all my broken objects to work with the patch. While I was there, I created a new sim which I then copied over to my unpatched game. I found that in the unpatched game, the new sim shows up as normal in the CAS thumbnails, but when I clicked on her, no sim showed up in front of the mirror. I clicked 'OK' anyway, and still no sim in the CAS room. In the left-hand panel that shows the options for making your sim, the first item where you choose the gender, skin, muscle tone etc was missing, just completely blank. When clicking the items for clothing, face, etc, every clothing or face thumbnail showed the same picture of a child with a head with no torso but with a lower body (wearing shorts) and legs. WTH, EA??

Has anyone else tried this? Looks like it's more than just objects that were broken by the patch - uploads of new sims made with 1.26/Pets may not work in the game of anyone who doesn't want Pets or this dodgy patch.

Inge Jones
20th Oct 2011, 4:16 PM
I don't think EA are interested in supporting people who won't patch. It's not like anyone has to pay extra for the patch, so I can't see anything wrong with that philosophy. I mean of course people can choose not to use the patches but I really agree that neither EA nor content creators should be in any way censured for not supporting the unpatched community - it's a personal choice and not being able to use newer CC is one of the factors one needs to weigh up.

HystericalParoxysm
20th Oct 2011, 4:25 PM
Indeed, what Inge said. I keep my uploaded CC as updated as possible for the newer patches, and I don't provide old versions - if someone asks for an old version, I tell 'em to patch. As a creator, I'm not going to provide six or eight different versions for every patch version every time there's an update requiring my attention, and support them all separately. Just... not gonna do it. Get the latest patch, or don't use it. Not to sound harsh, just... it's an unfair burden to ever expect backwards-compatability from creators, so I can't really expect it too much from EA.

Deestar
20th Oct 2011, 4:31 PM
EA did not do this deliberately to harm the Simming community it would be a bad business idea since the Sims is one of their two top selling franchised games. It was a business decision nothing more, nothing less. When you are using something created by someone else be it software or copyrighted media it costs money to "rent it out" as it were. They were using coding for RIGS written by someone outside EA which meant they had to pay that person or company a fee to use that coding. Changing it to something written in-house saved them money which means more profit in their pockets at the end of the year. Since EA is a business whose goal is to make money that was a good decision for them in the long run since it is less expensive to have someone you are already paying a salary to, do something for you, than it is to hire a sub-contractor to do something for you.

It was not a deliberate decision to screw us over since EA knows they would gain nothing from it, the only reason a lot of people keep playing Sims is because it is so customizable. If it was not most of us would have stopped Simming years ago. Broken Cc when they change how objects work in game is an expected part of the Sims experience you either accept it and move on or don't use CC. It has been happening since Sims 1, and will probably still be happening if and when there is a Sims 10.

Esmeralda
20th Oct 2011, 4:45 PM
Absolutely, we can't expect anything from EA, and I know what they did and why. But for those who haven't patched yet (I always wait a while to learn what all the latest problems introduced by the latest patch are, and how to deal with them, before taking the plunge), it's just useful to have a heads-up about what will happen if you install a new sim someone made with the new patch, so that you're saved having to freak out and wonder if your game just randomly broke!

Soiquantia
20th Oct 2011, 4:46 PM
The TSR rigfix is ready and public now: http://www.thesimsresource.com/news/view-post/post/22404

The problems mentioned on the previous page should all be gone now. But if anyone still has an error showing up, then please let us know. :)

idksims
20th Oct 2011, 4:52 PM
i have a quick question...
i have a small amount of downloaded cc (mostly hairs & clothes), if i am going to delete them all. Then I will install the Pets & Generations am i safe now... is the game going to work well? any answer would be appreciate thanks.

(btw, i have world adventure, ambitions & late night)

HystericalParoxysm
20th Oct 2011, 4:54 PM
If all you have is hair and clothes - no objects (build or buy), poses, or mods of any sort, then you don't need to delete your CC at all. Just install the new EPs.

Lucylain
20th Oct 2011, 5:10 PM
So, what's gonna happen now?

Do we have to go looking for all the custom content we have ever downloaded?

Can Mod the Sims help us create a filter or category to find the CC fixed for pets?

idksims
20th Oct 2011, 5:12 PM
wow thanks for the fast reply i am somehow relieved now until i get to test pets and generations :D i will still delete a few cc furnitures i have just to be safe.

Nysha
20th Oct 2011, 5:16 PM
For content downoaded here, you can go to User Tools -> My Downloads. Updated items which you haven't redownloaded will be marked with a red cross under the "Have update?" column; you can also click that column header to sort by update availability. For content from other sites, you'll just have to find out how the creators on those sites are handling the situation - some will, I'm sure, put up a list of fixed content on their front page, for example.

Zoan909
20th Oct 2011, 5:29 PM
TSR just posted an easy to use fix for the broken CC

http://www.thesimsresource.com/news/view-post/post/22404

I have tested the method and so far it works.. Havent tested all items but so far - Fridge doors that previous didnt open now do, Gumball machine works fine, Cars wheels spin and look fine, Goth spellbook works, Theres water in the bath tub, etc...

NOTE: At first I selected my entire mod folder and it gave me an error message like a third of the way through processing say it ran out of memory, I then split it up into 5 different folders and did the fix that way. Worked fine with no errors. So i suggest if you got a huge mod folder to split it up into a few folders and do the fixes folder by folder.

game90
20th Oct 2011, 5:33 PM
The TSR rigfix is ready and public now: http://www.thesimsresource.com/news/view-post/post/22404

The problems mentioned on the previous page should all be gone now. But if anyone still has an error showing up, then please let us know. :)

I assume this means the animation problems have been fixed. :D

puzzling1
20th Oct 2011, 5:39 PM
NOTE: At first I selected my entire mod folder and it gave me an error message like a third of the way through processing say it ran out of memory, I then split it up into 5 different folders and did the fix that way. Worked fine with no errors. So i suggest if you got a huge mod folder to split it up into a few folders and do the fixes folder by folder.

Does this work on merged package files? I have quite a bit of cc but it's merged into only a handful of packages. I've never installed cc via the launcher. Thanks!

Zoan909
20th Oct 2011, 6:23 PM
Does this work on merged package files? I have quite a bit of cc but it's merged into only a handful of packages. I've never installed cc via the launcher. Thanks!

Yep. Infact all of my CC is merged into packages and I hate installing via launcher. Package is so much easier just copy and paste. I think that is also why it had the problem is some of my merged files were really big, but splitting them into different folders worked.

puzzling1
20th Oct 2011, 6:30 PM
Yep. Infact all of my CC is merged into packages and I hate installing via launcher. Package is so much easier just copy and paste. I think that is also why it had the problem is some of my merged files were really big, but splitting them into different folders worked.

AWESOME! :) Thanks so much for your quick reply!

Bij0ux
20th Oct 2011, 7:38 PM
I have one quick question. In my DCCache folder I have one EBC file(45 365ko) instead of DBC file. Does it work just like the DBCs or is it something completely different? Could/Should I edit it like all the rest of my DBC & package files to make it work with the patch ?

EDIT: I googled it and found that this file is installed store items. Still i am wondering if I should edit it or not =/

Nysha
20th Oct 2011, 7:55 PM
Store stuff has already been fixed by EA. :)

anie_1981
20th Oct 2011, 8:13 PM
Thank's a lot guys!! I will try to fix my cc, cause the instructions on TSR are simple for me. But I still have few questions....

1. Can I fix my sims3pack's, and install them all again? I would like to do so, insted of fixing dbc\ebc....
2. I have a lot of package files, that are comressed and put in one bigger file (with S3P). I still have all of those package files, uncompressed. Can I fix them, and use s3pe to compress them again? In other words, Do s3Pe stilll work?

Inge Jones
20th Oct 2011, 8:33 PM
Yes.

(random post-lengthening padding)

Megshush
20th Oct 2011, 8:52 PM
I'm having a bit of a problem with TSR rig fix.I installed the granny crown scene demo, but the rig fix doesn't detect it. I don't get the pop up telling me that the GCSD has been found.
And when I choose file, and go to my DCCache folder it shows up empty.
What did I do wrong?

knightguy82
20th Oct 2011, 9:30 PM
are the files in your DCCache folder .dbc or .ebc?

P_LG
20th Oct 2011, 11:43 PM
@Megshush:
The file has to be copied from "Granny Crowd Scene" to TSR RigFix's folder in order to work properly (Program Files' folder).

Megshush
20th Oct 2011, 11:43 PM
are the files in your DCCache folder .dbc or .ebc?

There are two of each.

@ P_LG- Which file, granny2 or d3dx9_28?

P_LG
20th Oct 2011, 11:48 PM
@Megshush
granny2, that's the one you need

grieralexander
21st Oct 2011, 12:18 AM
I have followed this since it started and downloaded everything, even printed the instructions. I will work on this for the following hours, since I have a lot of CC and post back. Thank you-all for giving a new meaning to the word magic! You all moders are an awesome bunch of very talented people. EA should start looking for new people to work on their stuff!

katierose33
21st Oct 2011, 12:29 AM
Sooo I have been testing my package objects and so far things work but beds have problems with the covers over the sim.....its distroted, I also had a cat get stuck while jumping on a chair..sooo its not a 100% fixed Of corse I am downloading the updated stuff anyway. I must say though Everyone seems to work fast to find a fix. Two tools out in just a few days...Hew even if they have bugs I am still greatful. I love my CC and its just not the same decorateing my houses with out it
So Thank you to all the hard workers out there

SnoopyGURL
21st Oct 2011, 12:58 AM
And i don't thinkthe TSR tool works well with lot simpacks. Everytime I try to fix it a lot with CC, I get it "Could not convert 'Whatever the name of the simpack".
The method or operation is not implemented.

wert700
21st Oct 2011, 2:01 AM
What about people with a mac? is there a way we can fix are game?

Perfectionist
21st Oct 2011, 3:06 AM
So...on my macbook my sims3pack custom couches from tsr work...I'm patched and I have pets. There isn't any wonkyness with sims or animals sitting on it. I didn't download an updated version. That's weird...

granthes
21st Oct 2011, 3:41 AM
Just wanted to let everyone know that my RigFix tool has been updated and now correctly converts animated rigs (at least for some types of objects) and is now available Here (http://sims3.the-prof.net/forums/index.php/topic,1298.msg1995.html#msg1995)

This has only been tested on a couple items, but worked perfectly for those. Those of you who had issues with animated objects, please test converting with the new version and let me know how it went.

P_LG
21st Oct 2011, 4:01 AM
Where I live, it's a bit late, but I'll be checking it by the morning...

Deestar
21st Oct 2011, 4:18 AM
Thanks Granthes

zacatack_8
21st Oct 2011, 4:48 AM
I have somthing to report, Using the repair tool on cars works, However the wheels will not animate so it looks like all the cars are sliding around.

grieralexander
21st Oct 2011, 4:52 AM
Absolutely, we can't expect anything from EA, and I know what they did and why. But for those who haven't patched yet (I always wait a while to learn what all the latest problems introduced by the latest patch are, and how to deal with them, before taking the plunge), it's just useful to have a heads-up about what will happen if you install a new sim someone made with the new patch, so that you're saved having to freak out and wonder if your game just randomly broke!

Have you found ouy if saved sims would give any problems if you already patched. Due to this problem I had to reinstall and now I have almost finished fixing all the CC with the TSR tool and Have not placed all the CC back into the download or MOD folders yet. So far the tool seems to be working fine. Every now and then I get a message of skipped (# of files) encrypted unusable files other than that all peachy, so far.

simsample
21st Oct 2011, 4:53 AM
Thanks Grant, we appreciate your hard work, and Peter's/ Inge's/ Atavera's!

aeval99
21st Oct 2011, 4:59 AM
Does anyone know if paintings and decorative stuff needs to be updated?

HazukiWolfe
21st Oct 2011, 5:23 AM
im so confused on this @[email protected] i dont understand these programs and i dont understand really why it broke...i know im slow its sad but geeze EA has messed up big this time...i have a lot of CC of just tables, beds, couchs, counters and desks and me going through each and everyone of them to fix them with a program i dont understand? isnt there a easier way or someone to help me?

Deestar
21st Oct 2011, 5:48 AM
Waiting for the creators and sites to update their content, really is the only solution other than fixing it yourself, unless you have a friend who already knows how to use the programs through running their own files, who is willing to fix your content for you. If your content is from TSR and you downloaded it there , TSR is fixing their content on their end over the next week or so and whatever you downloaded will be available to re-download via the black box above the downloads index that says "You have updated items for download" (at least that how they have let members know about updated content in the past).

Here at MTS you will be able to tell if things you have downloaded are updated for Pets/1.26 by clicking User Tools at the right top of the screen, click My Downloaded Items, you will see a box on the right that says Has Update, those items will have been updated at some point since you originally downloaded them, if you go to the download it will have the original date it was posted right under the title and then the last time it was updated under the original upload date. You can also use the filter box on the Sims 3 download screen and click Sort By/Update Time and it will give you a list of updated Cc by exactly when it was updated.

elansims
21st Oct 2011, 5:58 AM
I don't believe this has been addressed, but do correct me if I am wrong. I have quite a few "fixes" that I haven't added to the game yet--most of these fixes are for EA items. They include non-stenciled versions added to the defaults, reprices, unlocking hidden stencils, making things shiftable, replacing textures, or changing what catalog they appear in (unhiding community objects, making residential items available on community lots/viceversa)...

Is it safe to assume that these types of mods will not still function correctly?

There is another type of fix that changes autonomous interactions with objects. I.e. visitors cannot autonomously use swingsets, "no drawer failure".

Would these types of mods work correctly as well?

In the third category, there are mods to "add slots". I assume these mods will NOT work post-patch.

Anyone have any wisdom to impart upon me regarding this?

grieralexander
21st Oct 2011, 7:48 AM
After hours of extensively separating packs from the download folder into smaller quantities that the TSR tool is able to fix without crashing. I tested the game. Objects seem to be fine, did not test the cars yet and since the house I tested some of my CC in was alredy in the world have not checked doors and such. Went into CAS and definately the saved sims are all disorted. I do belive it has to do with the sliders for height, calf waist and so forth. The arms to body ratio is off and the shoulders also. arms hang out from the body. I will remove the height slider and leave johas' for now and give it another run.

Johnyvii
21st Oct 2011, 8:46 AM
The TSR rig fix program didn't want to take on my giant compressed object package and timed out when it came to it. I spent all day recompressing the big folder into 4 smaller ones and those went through with no problem. Everything seems to be functioning properly now.

grieralexander
21st Oct 2011, 9:28 AM
After hours of extensively separating packs from the download folder into smaller quantities that the TSR tool is able to fix without crashing. I tested the game. Objects seem to be fine, did not test the cars yet and since the house I tested some of my CC in was alredy in the world have not checked doors and such. Went into CAS and definately the saved sims are all disorted. I do belive it has to do with the sliders for height, calf waist and so forth. The arms to body ratio is off and the shoulders also. arms hang out from the body. I will remove the height slider and leave johas' for now and give it another run.

OK, I tested extensively. The sliders ARE[B] working all of them I switch to Delphy's Height slider and placed one by one Jonhas' and they all work fine. The only problem is that if you have sims that were made before the patch the sliders are way off! You need to fine tune your sims again. Bloom BB slider also. It seems that for Pets they must have changed something on the way they made the bone assigment.
Thanks again to all of you hard workers for working so fast to give these problems a fix! If you are ever in Brazil I'll buy you a beer :beer: :gjob:

Nysha
21st Oct 2011, 11:21 AM
elansims, as far as fixes go, it depends how conservatively you worked. If, for example, you just default replaced a stencil DDS with a blank DDS, or made a default replacement OBJD resource with different category boxes ticked, that will be fine. If you cloned the object in its entirety, it may be broken. Open your files up in S3PE - if there is a _RIG resource, they're broken.

Mods, whether script or tuning, won't be any more broken by this patch than they usually are by patches. That doesn't, of course, mean that they won't need updating.

Additional slots mods are broken and will need to be updated.

Thankyou, granthes!

katierose33
21st Oct 2011, 2:32 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know that my RigFix tool has been updated and now correctly converts animated rigs (at least for some types of objects) and is now available Here (http://sims3.the-prof.net/forums/index.php/topic,1298.msg1995.html#msg1995)

This has only been tested on a couple items, but worked perfectly for those. Those of you who had issues with animated objects, please test converting with the new version and let me know how it went.

Dose your tool fix CC beds? Or are those hopelessly broken and must be fix maunally?

P_LG
21st Oct 2011, 3:33 PM
Reporting what I have found.
I had a bed with broken animations before. Now it works properly again.
Wheels are working again...
Chairs, sofas, etc; already worked with the previous version.

So far, I think it's working properly.
Thanks for the hard work!

puzzling1
21st Oct 2011, 4:11 PM
Reporting what I have found.
I had a bed with broken animations before. Now it works properly again.
Wheels are working again...
Chairs, sofas, etc; already worked with the previous version.

So far, I think it's working properly.
Thanks for the hard work!

Thanks for the report! And I'd like to second the thank you to Grant for his work on fixing our cc!!!

I haven't had time to sit down and install the patch and Pets. Will do it either tonight or tomorrow. Still trying to decide which fix to ultimately go with. I've already run my package files through the TSR tool, but have read on their forum that many beds are still a problem afterward. I love the idea of using Grant's fix and am very happy he seems to have found a solution for the beds. The only issue I saw on his thread is something about cats jumping into the bathtub and disappearing and then needing a reset. I'd choose that over the bed glitch. Have you had a cat jump into your bathtub yet? :)

Inge Jones
21st Oct 2011, 4:17 PM
Cats who jump into bathtubs deserve to disappear down the plughole, so bring it on ;)

P_LG
21st Oct 2011, 4:39 PM
My sim didn't have a bathtub...
However, I have now tested the tubs, and I had that problem too. I suppose there's still a lot to be done before something works 100% well.
Anyway, I appreciate the hard work from everyone here.

BloomsBase
21st Oct 2011, 4:40 PM
Grants updated fix repaired vehicles from the store and my own :)

puzzling1
21st Oct 2011, 4:52 PM
My sim didn't have a bathtub...
However, I have now tested the tubs, and I had that problem too. I suppose there's still a lot to be done before something works 100% well.
Anyway, I appreciate the hard work from everyone here.

I'm very appreciative, too!! This isn't the first time my game has been saved by generous fellow simmers I've never even met! Thanks so much!

Oh, and "Cats who jump into bathtubs deserve to disappear down the plughole, so bring it on" HAHA I was kinda thinking the same thing but couldn't have put it quite so eloquently lol

P_LG
21st Oct 2011, 5:21 PM
Just tried TSR fix... It has the same problems, and solves the same things...
I see no difference. We may use EA bathtubs by the moment... or see our cats disappear...

Edit: Double beds work fine, if the sim is sleeping in the left side (Seen by the front) if the sim goes to sleep by the right side, well, the bed seems to be broken again.

tizerist
21st Oct 2011, 7:14 PM
Granthes new tool now appears to fix bed covers, and EA beds. Good stuff. (EDIT:^ ^Yeah, apart from double beds.)
CC wheels are turning also. Ditto CC baths.

And it shaves about 3kb off each package file, so I'm even using it on my deco stuff too.
Happy bunny now :) (So far)

Lucylain
21st Oct 2011, 7:23 PM
For content downoaded here, you can go to User Tools -> My Downloads. Updated items which you haven't redownloaded will be marked with a red cross under the "Have update?" column; you can also click that column header to sort by update availability. For content from other sites, you'll just have to find out how the creators on those sites are handling the situation - some will, I'm sure, put up a list of fixed content on their front page, for example.

Thank you!!

Srikandi
21st Oct 2011, 9:19 PM
I can confirm the bathtub cat issue for Grant's tool, heh. Haven't had any other problems with it.

For those worried it's too complicated... if you can install .package files, you can probably use this tool :) Easy steps:

1) create a folder anywhere on your computer (desktop is fine) and unzip the files from the download (http://sims3.the-prof.net/forums/index.php/topic,1298.0.html) into it.
2) create a shortcut to the rigfix.exe file from that folder on your desktop (right-drag and drop, and choose "create shortcut here").
3) select a bunch of .package files, and drag them onto the shortcut. You'll see a (black) DOS window open with some data showing the tool's progress. When it's done, press any key to close the DOS window.
4) The tool will have fixed your package files and also created a backup of each one (with the extension .bak), just in case there are any issues with the fixed files. You can delete the .bak files if you want.

PhenethyaSim
21st Oct 2011, 9:24 PM
Can I fix my CC prior to installing the patch or must I patch first?

lenglel
21st Oct 2011, 9:57 PM
fix it first, in a separate directory, then patch and replace.

Don Babilon
21st Oct 2011, 10:10 PM
{...} The only issue I saw on his thread is something about cats jumping into the bathtub and disappearing and then needing a reset. I'd choose that over the bed glitch. Have you had a cat jump into your bathtub yet? :)That's interesting because some users reported at the official forum that they had a cat disappear from the map and could track it down to tubs from discontinued store set: The Porcelain Tub and Hydrocombo Spa.

Rennara
21st Oct 2011, 10:53 PM
im so confused on this @[email protected] i dont understand these programs and i dont understand really why it broke...i know im slow its sad but geeze EA has messed up big this time...i have a lot of CC of just tables, beds, couchs, counters and desks and me going through each and everyone of them to fix them with a program i dont understand? isnt there a easier way or someone to help me?

Have you been to TSR to the rig fix:Custom Content Batch Fix (RegFix) (http://www.thesimsresource.com/news/view-post/post/22404) Try that first then if you have any other issues..try that one at time. They are still having some issues but this is an excellent start. Mods are something that is done here so this is where to go for that.

Hope this helps.

Rennara
21st Oct 2011, 10:57 PM
I'm very appreciative, too!! This isn't the first time my game has been saved by generous fellow simmers I've never even met! Thanks so much!

Oh, and "Cats who jump into bathtubs deserve to disappear down the plughole, so bring it on" HAHA I was kinda thinking the same thing but couldn't have put it quite so eloquently lol

Maybe it's just EA's warped sense of humour..I think it's funny :rofl: . Is their any animation or do they just poof or you going to make me buy a cat to find out...nevermind I'll buy a cat. :giggler:

Nysha
21st Oct 2011, 11:05 PM
2) create a shortcut to the rigfix.exe file from that folder on your desktop (right-drag and drop, and choose "create shortcut here").You can also skip this step and drag the files straight onto the exe.

angiebabe1859
21st Oct 2011, 11:05 PM
I haven't installed pets yet, or the patch. I might use the tool to fix my items eventually, but for now, I'm gonna wait for when at least several of my downloaded cc has been fixed by their creators. So I was wandering what are all of the types of objects that need to be fixed? From reading the above posts, I understand that some of the items that need fixing are beds, cars, bathtubs, and seating objects, but not deco items. So can someone tell me all the types of items need to be updated so that I know exactly which items to re-download? Also, how is the tool working on 3packs since the latest update? Just in case I decide to use it.

vayleen
21st Oct 2011, 11:49 PM
I can confirm the bathtub cat issue for Grant's tool, heh. Haven't had any other problems with it.

I can say the same.

My understanding from granthes is the bathtub glitch doesn't have anything to do with the _RIG file, so his amazing tool won't be able to fix it. All I know is fixing a _RIG file doesn't go over my head, but fixing whatever is going wrong with bathtub slots does. :rofl: I'm chatting with crinrict about it on the official forums, but at this point all we can do is gather data.

For the gurus out there, is this a problem the community might be able to address, or do we truly have to wait on EA this time?

Srikandi
22nd Oct 2011, 3:42 AM
So can someone tell me all the types of items need to be updated so that I know exactly which items to re-download?

Anything with a custom _RIG resource... which is most likely to be things that have an associated Sim animation, at least as I understand it. But whether a particular object has a custom rig or not depends on how the modder created it, so the only way to be sure if something NEEDS it is to open the package file and look at the resources.

However, "fixing" something that doesn't need it is not going to harm it (and may make it slightly smaller by eliminating empty space), so you really don't need to worry too much about it.

Grant's tool doesn't do Sims3Packs (unless extracted to package). TSR's tool does (except, I believe, for Store s3packs). But Grant's tool WILL fix the .dbc file that is created from installed Sims3Packs.

coltraz
22nd Oct 2011, 4:04 AM
Anything with a custom _RIG resource... which is most likely to be things that have an associated Sim animation, at least as I understand it. But whether a particular object has a custom rig or not depends on how the modder created it, so the only way to be sure if something NEEDS it is to open the package file and look at the resources.

However, "fixing" something that doesn't need it is not going to harm it, so you really don't need to worry too much about it.

Grant's tool doesn't do Sims3Packs (unless extracted to package). TSR's tool does (except, I believe, for Store s3packs). But Grant's tool WILL fix the .dbc file that is created from installed Sims3Packs.

If a piece of CC doesn't need to be upgraded, and you attempt to upgrade it, it is going to bork the CC? I mean, is it unsafe to run just ALL of my CC through one of these tools? I have my downloads fairly well organised, but the prospect of searching it all for anything associated with a Sim animation is a little... daunting.

Srikandi
22nd Oct 2011, 4:40 AM
If a piece of CC doesn't need to be upgraded, and you attempt to upgrade it, it is going to bork the CC? I mean, is it unsafe to run just ALL of my CC through one of these tools? I have my downloads fairly well organised, but the prospect of searching it all for anything associated with a Sim animation is a little... daunting.

It is safe :) That's exactly what I did. But if you're worried, hang on to the .bak files. If you see any funky behavior for some particular item, you can always restore. I'm sure you've noted the issue mentioned above for cats and bathtubs, for instance :p

It isn't going to screw up your save game.

Moddingisfun124
22nd Oct 2011, 7:07 AM
My sims can't change clothes. They skinny dip in them, shower in them, swim in them, etc.

When I try to change by clicking my sim ----> change outfit, the box in the top right appears then disappears really quick, and nothing happens (no animations, etc.). If I try to use the dresser to change, they do the spin animation, but remain the same clothes.

On top of this the vast majority of my CC thumbnails don't show up.

Anyone else getting this? Or know how to fix it?

Also all my slotted CC is busted as well as my beds, but this is common knowledge so yeah. Way to go EA.. :faceslap:

crystal_light7
22nd Oct 2011, 7:22 AM
Can I also point out that today I made the COLOSSAL mistake in downloading this stupid patch (What is wrong with EA?) And when I loaded back up my game I noticed that one of my child sims was missing her custom hair. I was confused so threw her into CAS using the testingcheat and noticed that A LOT of my custom hairs were missing and noticed that they seemed to be the hairs that I installed using package files, not through the launcher. So now I'm just basically really pissed 'cause it was having no problems with any of the custom hair or clothing .package files before but now this crap; and also I noticed that some of the hairs had sims 3 store icons on them or something ?o.O I don't even know whatever I don't download or buy stuff from the sims 3 store anyways but its like the game can't even register the .package files anymore because they're missing their folder icons that they had before which identified any CC I had.
So now the only solution I really see for myself is going back and reinstalling everything and NOT downloading that new patch anymore. Honestly EA has really annoyed me for the last 2 years and their crap with the messed up stuff they send out that just makes my gaming experience WORSE and now with this latest development I may just throw away all of the games together. Way too many problems and too much work fixing so many issues that they have started. This makes me not even want to download anymore of their stupid patches anyways - I don't care for pets! -_- >:|

Encloped
22nd Oct 2011, 10:41 AM
I was thinking about a temporary fix for the broken tubs. From what has been reported its the store and CC ones that are broken but not the ones that are in the game already. What if you could clone a tub (after patching of course) and extract the mesh and texture stuff from the broken one and import that into the clone, replacing its mesh and texture? I hope that makes sense as I am horrible at wording things.

Volvenom
22nd Oct 2011, 4:32 PM
I thought making stables with my houses would be funny, and decided to use this as a chance to clean up my game. I completely reinstalled everything yesterday. So nice with a clean house! ... and boring. I kept my downloads and exports and hope to be back with my submitted house later this evening. Hopefully ...

... and why couldn't EA at least have warned us this would happen, and perhaps they could have the fix ready. I even suspect they would have liked the goodwill coming at them, but no ... just money, money, money. Customer service we call it, and pride in our work. Not EA.

PhenethyaSim
22nd Oct 2011, 5:15 PM
... and why couldn't EA at least have warned us this would happen, and perhaps they could have the fix ready. I even suspect they would have liked the goodwill coming at them, but no ... just money, money, money. Customer service we call it, and pride in our work. Not EA.

Its not EAs job to support CC as irritating as that is. and it wasn't about trying to force us to buy from them either CC creators can make new cc that work with Pets and fix old cc too its just time consuming. Yes if we had a warning we may have been more prepared but its only been out since the 17th and we already have several temporary fixs so as devistating as the CC issues are or rather were its not something we can't come back from. besides as most of us know several if not most modders in our community are twice as competent as EA in general.