PDA

View Full Version : Strange thumbnails

leefish
4th Oct 2011, 11:11 PM
attached is a fully working door- it has two recolourable subsets - one subset is slaved to a Maxis object - the other is part of the object. The straight version of the door has correct thumbnails - the diagonal version does not and it is most annoying :) See the picture.

Its just an aesthetics thing - the recolours work fine but the thumbnails are ugly on the diagonal. Does anyone know how to fix this?

maybesomethingdunno
5th Oct 2011, 8:44 PM
Are you sure the problem is just with the diagonal door?

For me, the top row of thumbnails for the straight door also has the problem of just showing one texture.

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/5514/doorsl.jpg

I'm sorry if this isn't really helpful, but perhaps the problem isn't within the diagonal but within straight version? *shrugs*

leefish
5th Oct 2011, 9:06 PM
Ok, that is very odd. I shall test a bit more. It's not really the end of the world - the door is ok (needs a leetle tweaking on the mesh) - it's just odd.

OK - it is indeed that cursed window that it has been repo'd to. It has always been odd - how can you trust a window that is repo'd to itself? It's a shame it is my fave.

It seems that the thumbnail is looking at only ONE side of the door - the north. So on the south side (the upper row) we see only the backfaces - which are black. I wonder if TBudgett has the same "problem"?

lucy kemnitzer
6th Oct 2011, 1:34 AM
I have noticed that many of the two-sided windows and doors, including the ones in the game (the Seasons one is the only one I can think of at the moment), have the same thumbnail issue.

leefish
6th Oct 2011, 4:55 AM
Thank you Lucy - I had forgotten about that one :) Indeed, I installed Seasons and fired up the game to take a look and yup, the thumbnail is only from one side. I feel a bit better knowing that Maxis also have this "problem". I think it is worth keeping the flexibility of the door and losing the thumbnail usefulness.