PDA

View Full Version : Noob has 2 problems! (Solved!)

Noa-dean
4th Sep 2011, 6:59 PM
Hi folks!

First of all: I'm new around here and new to object creation. I already checked google and this forum for solutions, but couldn't find a thing. Maybe because I used the wrong searchterms or words. Anyway, don't be mad if there already is a obvious solution for my problem, I probably didn't find it.

Today I created my first object, thanks to the 'Object creation for beginners' tutorial by Moune. A great, easy tutorial! It really helped me. But when I tested my tutorial dinnertable in the game, I stumbled upon two problems. I hope you guys can help me out!

First problem: The texture of the table turns black when I zoom out. When I have a close look at the object, the texture is fine. But if I slowly zoom out the texture dissapears and the object turns black. What did I do wrong? Maybe something with the shadows?

Second problem: My object doesn't have an icon or thumbnail (I don't know what's the official name?) in the buy catalogue. Did I miss a step during the tutorial? Where can I fix the problem?

Thank you, Jiska

maybesomethingdunno
4th Sep 2011, 8:10 PM
Did you update the texture for All Sizes? If you use Nvidia DDS Utilities, it should update all sizes automatically.

Try holding down the Ctrl key and right clicking on the thumbnail in the Buy Mode catalog to refresh it. (Just to cover all bases as this is a frequent mistake but make sure that each OBJD has a new and unique GUID so that your object is a standalone object which is not overriding anything.)

If all else fails, post it here for someone to look at. :)

Noa-dean
4th Sep 2011, 8:31 PM
No, I think that's the problem! How do I update texture for all sizes?

I'm gonna try the Ctrl solution later! Thanks for now! :)

maybesomethingdunno
4th Sep 2011, 8:38 PM
If I recall correctly, right click on the texture in SimPE. Select "Update all Sizes", Commit, and then Save.

Noa-dean
4th Sep 2011, 8:39 PM
Oh, I found it out myself ;) Just right on the picture of the texture and choose 'Update all Sizes'.
MSD, thank you so much for your help.

Update: Using the Ctrl key for refreshing the object worked! Thanks! Both problems solved!