PDA

View Full Version : Monthly Theme - Childhood

The Gnome
1st Sep 2011, 5:06 PM
Hello!

We have a new theme for you guys!

Childhood!

Babies, toddlers, children, why not even teens, need your attention! Generations gave us a lot of new stuff for our kids, but we think they need more!

How to take part?
Make a Childhood-themed upload. It can be anything - a lot, a sim, clothes, furniture, whatever comes to your mind, as long as it has something to do with the theme.

The upload process goes the way it normally does. You include required pictures, files, information... The only new requirement is that you include some of the following tags to your upload search keywords:

"theme-Childhood"
"Childhood"
"theme"

How long is the theme active?

The Childhood theme starts today, September 1st 2011 - and ends September 30th 2011.

Have fun with the new theme!

We also had some really nice uploads on the last theme. Here are few examples, check them out!

Image, Creator, Download link
http://thumbs2.modthesims2.com/img/2/6/5/0/0/0/7/MTS_heaven_sent_8_18-1228709-Fallout3Animations.gif,heaven_sent_8_18,Series of 6 Fallout 3 Homes (http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=453554)
http://thumbs2.modthesims.info/img/2/4/4/0/1/9/MTS_thumb_Sophie-David-1229495-Sims2Apocalypse.jpg,Sophie-David,Apocalyptic Effects & Trashamatic Recolours with Decorative Junk (http://www.modthesims.info/d/454087)

leefish
1st Sep 2011, 5:12 PM
OMG - I haven't finished all the apocalypse stuff yet..... FLAIL

The Regal Sim
1st Sep 2011, 5:50 PM
This is a cool idea :D i say someone should make powdered wigs and hoopskirts for little girls i'd love that XD im going to try and make some daycare lot for this :D

maybesomethingdunno
1st Sep 2011, 6:04 PM
OMG - I haven't finished all the apocalypse stuff yet..... FLAIL
I know the feeling. It's okay if some apocalypse stuff shows up late, right? I mean, if society breaks down, it's not as if we can go out and buy new watch batteries, cell phones, or whatever. The manufacturer of calendars burned down in the riots and looting.

So keeping to a tight schedule is hard in the post-apocalypse era. Sure, we have night/day and "if it's hot, it must be summer else it's a miserable winter" as guidelines for our sense of time, but there is bound to be some relaxation in our sense of time. So surely some things showing up later is okay, right? ;) :D

leefish
1st Sep 2011, 7:37 PM
Yea, I think its OK if we upload AFTER the theme "deadline" - the idea is to give us some inspiration - ideas of things to make, rather than just NOPE, too late, the apocalypse ended yesterday kind of thing :p

Phaenoh
1st Sep 2011, 7:44 PM
Yeah, some of our uploads have sparked others to create as well, theirs would be coming in later, and my upload sparked a couple other ideas for myself as well.

NixNivis
1st Sep 2011, 8:03 PM
too late, the apocalypse ended yesterday I can't decide if missing out on the apocalypse is good or bad. ;)

Hmm, maybe this challenge will inspire me to get off my lazy behind and complete that Trek teddy bear I've been working on for an embarrassingly long time...

efolger997
1st Sep 2011, 10:35 PM
Sounds like a great theme, this one has to be my favorite so far. :)

freesimmy21
2nd Sep 2011, 2:25 AM
Interesting idea for a theme...and I actually might have something ready to upload for it this time! :)

Purplepaws
2nd Sep 2011, 10:10 AM
Ooh, this is right up my alley. Might have to submit something (if I get the time). :)

leefish
2nd Sep 2011, 12:47 PM
Hmm, maybe this challenge will inspire me to get off my lazy behind and complete that Trek teddy bear I've been working on for an embarrassingly long time...

Teddy in StarTrek outfit = WANT

NixNivis
2nd Sep 2011, 2:20 PM
Teddy in StarTrek outfit = WANT Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of Flotter (you know, like the one Naomi Wildman has in VOY), but darn you, Lee, now you've made me want to make litte Starfleet teddies, too. I'd say this challenge is working like a charm already. ;)

armiel
2nd Sep 2011, 2:30 PM
Yay for inspiration!! I made my upload already, is in the queue and I'm waiting with my dripping nose pressed on the screen for it to get approved :P

purexevil666
2nd Sep 2011, 7:47 PM
Is clothes are part of the theme? :) i have punch of kids&teens outfits. i may put them in the Creator guideline as my first upload :)

HystericalParoxysm
2nd Sep 2011, 7:51 PM
All areas are valid as part of the theme - if you can relate it to children in some way, it can be in the theme. :)

LikieSimmy203
3rd Sep 2011, 3:13 AM
i think i might want to start creating for this game now. tried before and gave up. you all are quite inspirational.

EleanorElephante
3rd Sep 2011, 4:08 AM
Cool! I'm always looking for inspiration!

StrangeTownChick
4th Sep 2011, 3:55 PM
Someone should make a mod that lets toddlers go to community lots!

Liv
4th Sep 2011, 5:07 PM
There is one available:
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=303968 :)

Khanzer
5th Sep 2011, 7:45 PM
The first thing that come in my mind are toys, specialty old toys.

LollipopQueen
10th Sep 2011, 4:09 PM
Wow! I wish i could make something! I fail like really fail at meshs and all that stuff.

porkypine
11th Sep 2011, 1:34 AM
I am soooo far behind! My life is too busy to play much.. Darn it! I have some big real-life projects to push out the door first..still have to find time to redo my fitness shirts. lol Then convert that spring draggy thingy for TS3.... This time I can add fire-breathing!... But probably not in time for the kids theme. lol..... I can't wait for TS3 PETS! and HORSES! I I Time to reactivate N8tiveSims mod group! lol

porkypine
11th Sep 2011, 1:36 AM
Wow! I wish i could make something! I fail like really fail at meshs and all that stuff.

We ALL have rather fantabulous fails! Try, try again! Don't give up! I still get rejected but I come back for more punishment anyway. ;0)

porkypine
11th Sep 2011, 1:38 AM
Yay for inspiration!! I made my upload already, is in the queue and I'm waiting with my dripping nose pressed on the screen for it to get approved :P

ahahahaha ... uh YUCK! Approve her quick before she gums up the whole window! :rofl:

LollipopQueen
12th Sep 2011, 2:35 PM
Haha...yes...i uploaded mine! Also check youtube and search Didn't you know sims 2, it's a series im working on!

MzzUnvrz
20th Sep 2011, 12:28 PM
Ohshi- ! I made and submitted a toddler clothes pack without realising I could have entered in this! -facepalm-

purexevil666
22nd Sep 2011, 12:56 AM
Woot Woot :) i'm just testing my themed creation. I'll upload it soon hopefully.

Honeywell
26th Sep 2011, 5:06 PM
I stopped working on my outdoor set to participate in the monthly theme and I'm so glad I did. I'm insanely proud of my set and since I'm almost done I might even make the deadline. :D WIP Video (http://www.youtube.com/user/mtsHoneywell?feature=mhee)
**Warning** 2 minutes long and unedited.

leefish
26th Sep 2011, 5:39 PM
I am running out of time again - and I have a major road block on my object - I vote we have two months to submit....

Honeywell
26th Sep 2011, 5:59 PM
I am running out of time again - and I have a major road block on my object - I vote we have two months to submit....Great idea! I hope you were serious. :D

Can we have the monthly themes ahead of time? So we can work on October's theme in September and then have the month of October to upload it, etc. That would give more time for harder projects and there might be more uploads during the beginning of the month which may inspire others to participate too.

leefish
26th Sep 2011, 6:12 PM
Well, it is an idea - though not one I can just implement on my own of course - I will ask the question in the staff room. We do have a list of themes till the end of the year from the votes we did - and I am just slow - I get distracted easily you see.

adbeers01
27th Sep 2011, 2:52 AM
Im makin clothes for TS2 i hope its not rejected
:llama:

adbeers01
29th Sep 2011, 2:32 AM
Im makin clothes for TS2 i hope its not rejected
:llama: sorry im not paticipatting this time need to read more on stuff
maybe l8r :(

Honeywell
29th Sep 2011, 3:07 PM
I'm sorry to hear that, adbeers. Creating is really hard in the beginning when it's all new (just like everything else) but it gets easier and it's rewarding to see your sims use or wear the things you make. G'luck and I'll look forward to seeing something from you in the future. :)