PDA

View Full Version : Help please - which tutorials do I need to create new work stations?

alchemist
8th Aug 2011, 9:24 PM
Hi,

I want to modify the work stations, two variations:

1st - just change how long it takes to make an object and/or the money you can sell the object for

2nd - change the look of the workstation and have it create new objects, for example mesh a spinning wheel or a loom and have it create yarn balls / cloth. (Medieval Simmer here!)

I have some other ideas too, but I know this is a lot to start with. So far I haven't done anything beyond recolors and a bit of fooling around with milkshape.

I looked at tutorials at modthesims but there are so many of them. Which would you recommend? Which do I absolutely need for this and which would be good?

Thanks very much for your advise! :lovestruc

maybesomethingdunno
9th Aug 2011, 3:10 AM
You might want to start with the Sims 2 start to finish Object Creation Tutorial (http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=104795) to get familiar with the object creation process and with SimPE. Follow the tutorial and make the table. I know it is not what you want to create, but you might want to only diverge from path once you have gained experience. :)

Typically object behavior is modified with BHAVs, so you would want to follow the Making Your First Custom BHAV (http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=142907) tutorial. Again, following the tutorial is recommended. This tutorial also assumes some familiarity with SimPE.

alchemist
9th Aug 2011, 10:44 AM
Thank you very much!

I'll start with those, they look pretty good. I have done a little fiddling around with SimPE a while ago.

> Follow the tutorial and make the table.

That's good advice, I will! It'll probably be difficult enough and I don't want to get frustrated because I go too quick and nothing works. Thanks again!

Beyond that, I'd still be glad if other Simmers had pointers how to create new simple objects (make a mesh, color it, but how do I fit it into the game?) or how to make Sims disappear while working with a workstation, like they do when they jog or sneak out.