PDA

View Full Version : Slot number out of range. Can't see the problem.

maybesomethingdunno
4th Aug 2011, 7:03 AM
Object id: 11
name: Sculpture - Vase Collection
Stack size: 1
Error: Slot number out of range.
Iterations: 2
Frame 0:
Stack Object id: 0
Node: 1
Tree: id 4096 name 'main' version 33
from SIMPE_EFFECTHOLDER_CRES
Prim state: 0

I can't see why I am getting this error when I try to play an effect on the target slots I've added. Perhaps I've looked at it until I've become blind to the problem. Did I count/number the slots wrong in the Main BHAV? (It should be Target 0x0 and Target 0x1, right?) Is the problem in the SLOT, in the CRES, or in the Text Lists? Out of desperation I had deleted the (unused?) routing slots that were in the SLOT; their I10 values were each -1 and almost all of them had 0 for an I9 value (one had -1) but none were mentioned in a Text List or in the CRES (which I thought was odd). That was probably a mistake, wasn't it? :faceslap:

Echo
4th Aug 2011, 12:42 PM
It's only a mistake if you don't clean up the other connections, and it looks to me like you've cleaned up all the other connections pretty well. :)

To narrow it down, try limiting the BHAV to only start one effect (you can add the other one in once the first one is working), then try that effect at slot 0, slot 1 and slot 2. (I have a vague recollection of someone telling my once that fx slots were 1 indexed, not 0 indexed). Then report back about which ones worked. :)

maybesomethingdunno
4th Aug 2011, 8:22 PM
Thanks, Echo. :)

I've narrowed it down to one effect BHAV. I've tried slots 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and A but I still get the error. I could keep going (hopefully I would not need to go to FF :lol: ) but I wonder if this rules out the BHAV (unless I'm just doing something glaringly wrong)? I feel the problem is painfully simple that I'm just overlooking.