PDA

View Full Version : And we are back! (Updated 29th June)

Tashiketh
28th Jun 2011, 5:26 PM
Hi All, and welcome back from the long downtime. I'll go into a little more details in a bit, but first, in order to ease in the new servers, there are a couple of changes:

1. Guests are not allowed to download for the moment.
2. New uploads aren't working yet (nor is edit attachments) edit attachments is back!

Everything else *should* work, but if not, please let me know here. My priority now will be to get the edit attachments part working so people can update their files, and after that the upload queue.

Some things may be slower than before - specifically posting threads, but thats becuase I haven't fully optimised the site to run on the newer hardware so please be patient and I wish you a warm welcome back!

Regards
Delphy

SwedishCupcake
28th Jun 2011, 5:32 PM
Hi All, and welcome back from the long downtime. I'll go into a little more details in a bit, but first, in order to ease in the new servers, there are a couple of changes:

2. New uploads aren't working yet (nor is edit attachments)

Everything else *should* work, but if not, please let me know here. My priority now will be to get the edit attachments part working so people can update their files, and after that the upload queue.

Some things may be slower than before - specifically posting threads, but thats becuase I haven't fully optimised the site to run on the newer hardware so please be patient and I wish you a warm welcome back!

Regards
Delphy

Yh, really great :) But for me it doesn't work when I click "search"? XD

4amMist
28th Jun 2011, 5:33 PM
Will we have to re-submit anything that was in the moderation queue?

FuzzyLogic
28th Jun 2011, 5:35 PM
I just joined now that the site is back! I dunno if it is supposed to work, but the bar at the top doesn't do anything when I click it. I can't find where to get an Avatar or anything, either (but I was sent to the place to do so when I had to agree to the rules before posting).

Jessiexxatkins
28th Jun 2011, 5:36 PM
only the home page works for me. but ill try again 2mrw ^.^

Jbob
28th Jun 2011, 5:37 PM
None of the top menu tabs work except quick menu and home. I realize you are newly up and running but thought this might help.

chasmchronicle
28th Jun 2011, 5:39 PM
*prepares self for massive outbreak of complaints* Im glad to see the site is back though ;)

Tashiketh
28th Jun 2011, 5:39 PM
Yh, really great :) But for me it doesn't work when I click "search"? XD

Sorry but "it doesn't work" isn't enough for me to go on. I need screenshots, specifically, as well as which search you are using.

Inge Jones
28th Jun 2011, 5:44 PM
I just joined now that the site is back! I dunno if it is supposed to work, but the bar at the top doesn't do anything when I click it. I can't find where to get an Avatar or anything, either (but I was sent to the place to do so when I had to agree to the rules before posting).

Hi dear, how much will you pay me to keep quiet about your identity? ;)

FuzzyLogic
28th Jun 2011, 5:45 PM
They siad "It doesn't work when I click search". Just like all the other comments, they mean that when they click "search"...it doesn't work. :lol:

There's nothing to take a picture of! :p

Also, clicking emoticons doesn't work either. And by that, I mean nothing happens. :rofl: The Love/Disagree/Whatever buttons at the bottom of posts don't work, either. Seems like any buttons that aren't links are broken.

SwedishCupcake
28th Jun 2011, 5:49 PM
Sorry but "it doesn't work" isn't enough for me to go on. I need screenshots, specifically, as well as which search you are using.

uh.. okay :3 Can I film it with hypercam and then give you some sort of link for the clip?

chasmchronicle
28th Jun 2011, 5:51 PM
They siad "It doesn't work when I click search". Just like all the other comments, they mean that when they click "search"...it doesn't work. :lol:

There's nothing to take a picture of! :p

Also, clicking emoticons doesn't work either. And by that, I mean nothing happens. :rofl: The Love/Disagree/Whatever buttons at the bottom of posts don't work, either. Seems like any buttons that aren't links are broken.

Well sense the site is just now back, not everything is going to work. Take a look at the big red header at the top of this thread. ;)

leefish
28th Jun 2011, 5:56 PM
Ho ho ho at some of the jokers in this thread....

How to report:

Hi D, I see that the search box dropdowns are not - well, dropping down. I just see this link in the toolbar: http://www.modthesims.info/t/446870#navbar_search

In the meantime, try this.

SiteMap (http://www.modthesims.info/sitemap.php?)

Nysha
28th Jun 2011, 5:56 PM
Will we have to re-submit anything that was in the moderation queue?
No, nothing has been lost. And anything we do lose won't be threads :p .

FuzzyLogic
28th Jun 2011, 6:00 PM
Well sense the site is just now back, not everything is going to work. Take a look at the big red header at the top of this thread. ;)

That wasn't there when I posted. And the first post says that everything "should" be working, and to report if things aren't, so I did. ;)

RoseCity
28th Jun 2011, 6:00 PM
Sorry to interject, but happy birthday!

Tashiketh
28th Jun 2011, 6:07 PM
Why can I only see other people's images but I cannot see any one of my uploaded images? Will it be working after a while?

Some images may be broken right now when using the "static" shortcut. I'll need to run a maintenance script to fix those up which probably wont be till tommorow.

el_flel
28th Jun 2011, 6:10 PM
Sorry to interject, but happy birthday!Agreed! And I think you deserve a medal, D, for being so patient despite all the, "OMG when is the site coming back up?!!?!!!111?!?!?!" tweets!

wild_wazza
28th Jun 2011, 6:32 PM
When do you think Sexy Sims will be back online?

Johnny_Bravo
28th Jun 2011, 6:45 PM
I'm happy it's *done* now :) But is it my PC or is it because of the Site working that the text appears weird to me, it appears as ''Bauhaus95'' ? O.o

Kims*Designs
28th Jun 2011, 6:46 PM
Just to report, there's nothing to report, everything seems to be working fine :) Oh and Happy Birthday D xx

blueseahorse
28th Jun 2011, 6:54 PM
http://i51.tinypic.com/ibvtb8.jpg
http://i53.tinypic.com/dm8h7k.jpg
http://i54.tinypic.com/xas1s1.jpg

^ those are some pictures of what Mod the Sims looks like to me. Otherwise, youre doing a great job :)

Pixelhate
28th Jun 2011, 7:32 PM
Everything"s working fine here, so far, apart of a few thumbnails not showing in S2 downloads but I guess it will be solved, just a matter of patience.. (served by www.modthesims.info )
Big THANK YOU for the hard and patient work, you will need a Deserved Birthday Break soon :)

tissy21
28th Jun 2011, 7:45 PM
Thanks for getting the website back on, i love this site!

Great work!!!!!

Maranatah
28th Jun 2011, 7:52 PM
Happy birthday Delphy! And thanks for your hard work with everything. :)

Staten31
28th Jun 2011, 8:22 PM
Thanks, Delphy, for all the work you do to make MTS the premier Sims website in cyberspace. Happy Birthday!

Antwan
28th Jun 2011, 8:28 PM
It's great to see this place come back. The other Sims 2 sites I tried to find... messy and not much to go by. Though Holy Simoly was not that bad.

snakeyes37
28th Jun 2011, 8:37 PM
What happened to Sexy Sims 2?

starrling
28th Jun 2011, 8:47 PM
Thanks again for all the hard work you do (and the moderators, too!). I'm trying to download a couple of things from creator Nanisim but keep getting 404 -

Sorry, the page you were looking for could not be found
Showing related results for: http://chii.modthesims.info/getfile.php?file=1044049

Sorry, the page you were looking for could not be found
Showing related results for: http://chii.modthesims.info/getfile.php?file=1046025

ETA: Fixed now! Thank you! :beer:

LuvSims2011
28th Jun 2011, 9:36 PM
i screamed when i saw the site come back. i really did. so i now lurk the site once again...i love mts.

and for some reason u can type in modthesims2.com in your browser and get better quality...but u cant log in. anyone else notice the glitch? :)

reaper with no name
28th Jun 2011, 10:02 PM
Losing this place has made me realize how hopelessly dependent I am on it.

I'm glad to have it back.

Weeaboo
28th Jun 2011, 10:02 PM
yay we're back!
thanks!

Tashiketh
28th Jun 2011, 10:42 PM
i screamed when i saw the site come back. i really did. so i now lurk the site once again...i love mts.

and for some reason u can type in modthesims2.com in your browser and get better quality...but u cant log in. anyone else notice the glitch? :)

What do you mean "better quality"?

maxon
28th Jun 2011, 11:00 PM
Ah good - we're back. Thanks for all the hard work Delphy.

DigitalSympathies
28th Jun 2011, 11:10 PM
Thank you for all your work. It's still a bit buggy in places - sometimes the dropdowns don't work, some images don't show - but it's better than nothing at all. :) I feel like I'm in my web developing days all over again, back when I coded my first NeoPage and saw how it was all slowly coming together ;D

snakeyes37
28th Jun 2011, 11:43 PM
????????

sandmarine
28th Jun 2011, 11:43 PM
thanks for bringing the site back! looking forward to see sexysims2.com back on hopefully soon...

ehiltebe
28th Jun 2011, 11:52 PM
I'd like to echo a lot of others - thanks for the work you do and help others do on this site, and when will SexySims be back up? I get a '502 Bad Gateway' error when I try to go there, and below that it says 'nginx/0.8.53' if that helps at all. Again, thanks!

anobouzu
29th Jun 2011, 1:46 AM
Thanks so much for putting up with all our impatience!

Simonut
29th Jun 2011, 2:13 AM
Thank you Delphy, all seem to be back on track and fine, while the site was down these past few days I enter myself into "Rehab" from being on MTS. My therapist told me I was doing very well with my recovery from MTS, but today I have fallen off the wagon. I do not think there is any hope for me being addicted to MTS day after day. :blink: Happy Birthday Delphy's :beer:

VioletPadfoot
29th Jun 2011, 2:18 AM
Yay! It's back! I think I was suffering from ModTheSims withdrawal or something. Thank you Delphy for the hard work you put into the site over the weekend!

Question:
2. New uploads aren't working yet (nor is edit attachments)

Does this mean we can't submit anything new? And if so do you have any idea when we will be able to again? (you're probably tired of the question "when" by now but I spent the downtime creating stuff)

charliexvx
29th Jun 2011, 2:31 AM
thank you and its great to be back with mts. thanks for all your hard work

van Dorn
29th Jun 2011, 2:36 AM
Oh yes! Happy Birthday Delphy! I hope you can make it up to yourself, or I might send you some brownies!

ForeverCamp
29th Jun 2011, 3:00 AM
First off, happy birthday Delphy!!!! :beer: I was so happy to get on the web this morning and find MTS up and running.

This may have changed since I discovered it this afternoon, but I was still able to download as a 'guest' - i.e. without being logged in. (I had to clear my modthesims.info cookies in order to stay logged in, but I was downloading for some time before I realized that I kept getting logged out every time I switched pages.)

MizzesSimmer
29th Jun 2011, 4:15 AM
Great, glad it all back!

I searched for mts and ended up navigating to echo.modthesims2.com. It is faster, can't log in. No idea what server is for what. Perhaps I oughta go pillaging through your journal. :D

Anyways, everything seems to be coming back slowly. There is a few connection issues, database errors and what have you. I'm sure it'll be a few days before its all right again.

/me shares some patience with everyone ;)

Also, happy birthday! Hope you do something fun old man :P

Deeney
29th Jun 2011, 4:55 AM
:) :) Thanks all to your tireless efforts. Wouldn't be the sims without MTS.

Ps happy birthday Delphy!

Annabel Lee
29th Jun 2011, 5:22 AM
Firstly, sweet Delphy, happy birthday to you and thank you so much for your hard work & dedication... and good God, man--patience! :rofl: You're greatly appreciated! :gjob:
Re. letting you know abt any problems here: Under User Tools>Creator Tools tabs show Database Error page when clicking on each.

ETA: Shiznit! Somebody's supah fast! Issue fixed & working proper! :heyhey:

carenrose
29th Jun 2011, 6:05 AM
It looks really nice, Delphy. Everything seems to be working just fine for me, though I haven't specifically tested anything out.

And, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!

ellacharmed
29th Jun 2011, 7:31 AM
Heh, 5 days of answering repetitive questions on Twitterverse, and now back to answering repetitive questions on the site. Welcome back, everybody! :jest: Ain't it grand to be back home?

I do get this before I logon, but only on FF 5.0 (other browsers seems OK, ie Opera, IE, Safari, etc). Once I refresh the page or login, however, it is gone.

brent13420
29th Jun 2011, 8:07 AM
Fabulous work to the admins, hooray, the site is running faster for me than ever before. kudos on a job well done!!! :-)

Sweetmom
29th Jun 2011, 8:23 AM
Thanks very much for all the work you've done on/for this great site!

yannickvanloon
29th Jun 2011, 8:56 AM
Hey Delphy,

where are the Sexysims2 downloads go? :!:

julsfels
29th Jun 2011, 8:57 AM
Hello,

Thanks for beeing back. ;)
Just found out one problem: logging in does not work for me via modthesims2.com, only with modthesims.info.
When I follow a link to modthesims.info and log in, everything works fine. When I start on modthesims2.com and log in, I get the "Thank you for logging in" page and the title bar switches and shows my username, but after clicking on a next page (no matter, what page it is), the title bar switches back to a not logged in state (the log in possibility appears), and clicking on a download link leads to the error message "No cookies found! There is no valid MTS login found".
I tried the standard security options of firefox (accepting third party cookies, too), and then I can find a cookie from modthesims2.com, but nevertheless it does not work. Cache was deleted several times.
This appears on my notebook (Vista) and on my PC (Win 7). Im using Firefox 3.6.18.

Thanks!

monosagrado
29th Jun 2011, 12:11 PM
Hi, Delphy. I have got a problem. Where are the messages? Thanks!

myon_chocolat
29th Jun 2011, 12:32 PM
Just found out one problem: logging in does not work for me via modthesims2.com, only with modthesims.info.
When I follow a link to modthesims.info and log in, everything works fine. When I start on modthesims2.com and log in, I get the "Thank you for logging in" page and the title bar switches and shows my username, but after clicking on a next page (no matter, what page it is), the title bar switches back to a not logged in state (the log in possibility appears), and clicking on a download link leads to the error message "No cookies found! There is no valid MTS login found".

Same problem here, but thanks to you I could access the website by using the .info address :)

Nysha
29th Jun 2011, 12:51 PM
The .com address is depreciated, and has been ever since TS3 came out - we keep it around mainly so old links aren't broken. Its lack of cookie support is deliberate, as that way we can serve images from .com without having cookie checks clogging up the intertubes every time. Use .info instead. :)

astondb9
29th Jun 2011, 1:03 PM
I never realised how dull my life is without modthesims and just how much time I spend here. Well done and glad the sites back!

happygolucky
29th Jun 2011, 1:06 PM

Same thing happened to me. I've been trying for 2 days to log in. The redirection box would tell me I was logging in, but I never arrived! Maybe a mention on the news page, for us old timers to not use that address.. might keep us from getting lost! :D smilie

Nysha
29th Jun 2011, 1:27 PM
Guys, modthesims2.com has been cookie-disabled for months. How are you only just noticing? :P

Bchbch Walk
29th Jun 2011, 1:28 PM
No, nothing has been lost. And anything we do lose won't be threads :p .

Are you sure? Because when I click on my post in the message confirming I submit something, it says thread invalid. It should say that it is still in the moderation queue. It happens with both things I submit.

And I don't know if this will fix itself but thumbnails to uploads "don't exist" and all of the pictures on the upload are little question marks in blue boxes.

CmarNYC
29th Jun 2011, 1:36 PM
Happy birthday Delphy, and great work! Everything I've tried is looking good and working fine now. I'm going to sixth or seventh the hope that SexySims will be back online soon.

happygolucky
29th Jun 2011, 1:37 PM
Guys, modthesims2.com has been cookie-disabled for months. How are you only just noticing? :P

I've been logging in and downloading using the modthesims2.com address since I first came to the forum. I've been using it for sims 3 too! Worked fine, up until the recent upgrades. :) Not sure cookies were necessary either, because I often downloaded without even having to log in.

Thank you to Delphy for the forum and the upgrades! Things feel really smooth!

Nysha
29th Jun 2011, 1:38 PM
Do you mean the two "Eclectic Abode" uploads, Bchbch?

Yes, true happygolucky - downloads are enabled for guests (although not right now, they'll be re-enabled in a few days), but you can't give Thanks/post comments/use your download history unless you're logged in, so I would suggest logging in :p .

topp
29th Jun 2011, 1:45 PM
Thank God! ModTheSims is BACK! I can't wait to download!

Oh, and will SexySims2 be back soon? Because I always get the "502 Bad Gateway" issue/problem/grrr!/thing.

monosagrado
29th Jun 2011, 1:54 PM
Thank God! ModTheSims is BACK! I can't wait to download!

Oh, and will SexySims2 be back soon? Because I always get the "502 Bad Gateway" issue/problem/grrr!/thing.
Me too. Please don't laught of my gry hair because i'm 13. :sheep:

topp
29th Jun 2011, 2:54 PM
Me too. Please don't laught of my gry hair because i'm 13. :sheep:

Um... what? "Please don't laugh of my grey hair because I'm 13." Is that what you've ment to say?

Grey hair... um, what? WTF? :wtf:

Tashiketh
29th Jun 2011, 3:12 PM
The new servers are setup in a slightly different way to the old ones - hence why logging in on modthesims2.com doesn't work. However, it is my intention to do a domain redirect on that domain (for www) anyway, so that everybody ends up on the modthesims.info domain in the end. :) That'll probably happen sometime this week, but for now, please don't login using modthesims2.com, it Just Wont Work. :)

As for sexysims, it'll be done in the next few days.

monosagrado
29th Jun 2011, 3:32 PM
Um... what? "Please don't laugh of my grey hair because I'm 13." Is that what you've ment to say?

Grey hair... um, what? WTF? :wtf:
Sorry... My impulsivity... I'm obssessed with my gray hair. I'm stupid with this. It's not for you... sorry (i say this for a mental disorder called Borderline) :beer:

Bchbch Walk
29th Jun 2011, 4:53 PM
Do you mean the two "Eclectic Abode" uploads, Bchbch?

Yes those. But if they're still in the queue I don't care I just don't want to re-submit them.

G.O.C.
29th Jun 2011, 6:43 PM
Hi, Delphy. I have got a problem. Where are the messages? Thanks!
"monosagrado"
Click on the number next to the little "envelope" in the top right hand corner of your screen! :)

EleanorElephante
29th Jun 2011, 7:10 PM
Everything is going fine on my end. :)
It looks smashing!

Bailey Weggins
29th Jun 2011, 8:51 PM
Just a quick thanks to the MTS-staff. It's very nice of someone who doesn't even play the game to keep this site running.

Tashiketh
29th Jun 2011, 9:03 PM
AlbaManrique paste the link to me please.

candyapplegirl
29th Jun 2011, 9:42 PM
I never realized how often I use this site until it was down for a few days! I found myself thinking "Oh, I need to look for so-and-so for my game", then whining and saying "Dang it!" so many times, I had to laugh at myself. Glad you're back up and running!

EleanorElephante
29th Jun 2011, 11:19 PM
I never realized how often I use this site until it was down for a few days! I found myself thinking "Oh, I need to look for so-and-so for my game", then whining and saying "Dang it!" so many times, I had to laugh at myself. Glad you're back up and running!

I know, right? I was looking for a couple of help articles for TS3 and then I realized...half of them are on MTS! :rofl:

carenrose
29th Jun 2011, 11:47 PM
I've noticed a lot of download threads seem to have "missing" pictures. For example, this random one. (http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=275113)
For me, picture 1 of 2 gives me a 404 error when I try to open it in a new tab.

Nysha
30th Jun 2011, 12:20 AM
Yep, known issue.

EleanorElephante
30th Jun 2011, 1:30 AM
I've noticed a lot of download threads seem to have "missing" pictures. For example, this random one. (http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=275113)

I've only recently, as in the past few hours, have gotten that problem...

Screaming Mustard
30th Jun 2011, 6:18 AM

All of my thread and upload pictures are missing. I can't even see my own avatar ಠ_ಠ
I don't know if it's just my internet provider playing around with me, but the site now loads on my browser at superspeed.

I think that well makes up for the missing pictures! : D

orlov
30th Jun 2011, 8:20 AM
Thanks for all the hard work here, and you'll get no complaints from this quarter, just a brief question about what happened to the "adult" offshoot site. . ."sexysims"? Get a 502 message. . .is it gone for good, or is that a part of what is still being tweeked?

Nysha
30th Jun 2011, 10:02 AM
SXS will be back up soon.

ekrubynaffit
30th Jun 2011, 11:09 AM
Dont know if its been reported but in trying to fix pics on a changes required upload I get this message:

Sims2EP9 2011-06-30 21-34-14-89.jpg:
Copy to file system directory failed. )

And just a red cross where the pics should be

orlov
30th Jun 2011, 11:11 AM
SXS will be back up soon.

:up: Cool! Works for me. . .I check back! THANKS! :gjob:

josesoltau
30th Jun 2011, 5:37 PM
I know when you move to a new house EVERITHING is a mess. Things get lost, others found.
Teamwork and patience will get you all set in no time.
And there's a lot of that in here
Congratulations...

nathanial15
30th Jun 2011, 10:42 PM
Give the MTS team a chance? There servers just went offline or something... they must of spent alot of time getting MTS back online. :rofl: gotta do some smileys:D We all love 'em :mod: :wtf: :Pint: :report: :deal: :beer: :gjob: :jest:

Oh its vBulletin which causes the gateway problems.. Happened to my forum.. sxs will be up sooner :D i wanna get some more mods lol..

jrpthepixie
30th Jun 2011, 11:34 PM
love the site thanks for your time and energy going into it much appreciated

Purplepaws
1st Jul 2011, 2:17 AM
There seems to be a problem uploading attachments over 2.0 MB. In Firefox, upload appears complete but never shows up. In IE, I get this message: "File Too Large. Exceeds PHP's limit of 2.00 MB."

Did the limit somehow get reset?

*Edit* Also, newly-saved attachment descriptions don't seem to be showing up. Nevermind.

Liza495
1st Jul 2011, 8:29 AM
Just to add to this that sometimes I got problems to log in here, since my IE often seems buggy on sites I visit (shutting down or so). So I refresh every ten minutes, clear Cache, etc. Other than this the missing photos issues occured for me about a month ago before MTS maintenance. Maybe a server issue in matter of photo storage or whatso.

imdvine
1st Jul 2011, 8:49 AM
Since the site has been back, I can't get to sexysims. I keep getting a 502 bad gateway error screen. I have tried clearing my temporary internet files and history, and retyping the address, but still have the problem.

Nysha
1st Jul 2011, 9:49 AM
SXS isn't back up yet.

Nick13579
2nd Jul 2011, 6:59 AM
For one people if you just read the previous posts, it has been mentioned that SXS is down, and it has been replied that it is being worked on. So no need to keep mentioning that.

However, to Delphy and others, how long do you expect it to be down?

And I for one am so thankful to Delphy and anyone else who maintains this site, without you modders couldn't upload, and mod users couldn't download, at least not all in one great place. :) Good luck with the site, and thanks!

Purplepaws
2nd Jul 2011, 7:33 AM
There seems to be a problem uploading attachments over 2.0 MB. In Firefox, upload appears complete but never shows up. In IE, I get this message: "File Too Large. Exceeds PHP's limit of 2.00 MB."

Did the limit somehow get reset?

Still getting the same error message. Is this being looked into? (Not trying to be a bother, just wondering if my post was acknowledged. I know you guys are busy around here.)

Tashiketh
2nd Jul 2011, 10:41 AM
Purplepaws, I just saw your message, and since I'm the only one who can fix it... ;) I'll look at that now.

Tashiketh
2nd Jul 2011, 10:42 AM
Purplepaws, should be fixed now. :)

Esmeralda
2nd Jul 2011, 10:55 AM
Thanks so much for all your hard work in getting this site back up and running - considering how much work has to be done in such a big move, there have been surprisingly few problems! The one big problem I'm finding is how the page keeps jumping up and down every few seconds, corresponding with every time the 'News' item at the top of the page changes, which makes it hard to either read or write posts. I saw that someone posted a thread about this issue but then marked it 'solved', but for me, it's still happening. So, don't know if it's just me, or if others are experiencing it as well. I use Firefox 3.6 and have refreshed my caches.

EDIT: Oh, I see someone has posted a new thread about this and you're aware of the issue: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=447219 . OK, glad you've got it in hand!

Purplepaws
2nd Jul 2011, 11:40 AM
Purplepaws, should be fixed now. :)

Woo! Thanks Delphy, you're the greatest. And I mean that. :)

VioletPadfoot
2nd Jul 2011, 2:39 PM
Since no one has yet responded to my previous post, I thought I'd ask again, is there an ETA on when we can submit new uploads?

Nisse
2nd Jul 2011, 2:54 PM
I'm having a problem changing my avatar ... it just pops back after I've saved the new one!

*edit* Oh, sorry. Didn't notice what was written in the yellow bar above the Avatar section ...

tbo
2nd Jul 2011, 4:30 PM
Hi,
SXS2 doesn't work for me. i got an error message "502 Bad Gateway"
Please help
Thanks

Morphar
2nd Jul 2011, 4:44 PM
All core mods is not back. I miss EGC.

Tashiketh
2nd Jul 2011, 6:27 PM
No idea what EGC is or what the thread or download link is.... Please link to it, and I'll take a look.

chasmchronicle
2nd Jul 2011, 8:04 PM
Hi,
SXS2 doesn't work for me. i got an error message "502 Bad Gateway"
Please help
Thanks

If you read all the previous posts, SXS is down and will be back soon ;)

Tashiketh
2nd Jul 2011, 8:43 PM
Actually, it's back now. Brought it back a couple hours ago. :)

AtlasRapture
2nd Jul 2011, 9:12 PM
Nevermind, had to delete cookies, working now.

Morphar
2nd Jul 2011, 9:58 PM
No idea what EGC is or what the thread or download link is.... Please link to it, and I'll take a look.

Hard to find a link to something that is no longer there. The full title is:
Extended game core which allows switching otherwise hard coded behavior
The auther is AD85.
There is a link at sexyms2 to that mod:
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=381046

Tashiketh
2nd Jul 2011, 10:48 PM
Morphar: That mod was removed a long time ago. The fact that you cant find it is nothing to do with the move.

anobouzu
2nd Jul 2011, 10:51 PM
Hi, I don't know if I should post this here in case it's just a problem with me but I didn't want to create a whole thread dedicated to a small issue I have just in case it's a technical issue with the site - I'm unable to change the games I own under my compatible section in downloads, it keeps reverting back to the ones I had before even though I click 'save'. Was this addressed before, if so I'm sorry, just wondering since I would like to see what new downloads I'm able to get with the newest expansion pack I have.

Tashiketh
2nd Jul 2011, 10:56 PM
anobouzu: if you'll notice, at the top of the profile page it says that changes may take a while to show up. Just wait a little while and they'll save OK. I've changed the caching slightly so little niggles like this still need to be worked out. I'll add it to my list though.

anobouzu
2nd Jul 2011, 11:02 PM
anobouzu: if you'll notice, at the top of the profile page it says that changes may take a while to show up. Just wait a little while and they'll save OK. I've changed the caching slightly so little niggles like this still need to be worked out. I'll add it to my list though.

*agh, stupidity edit* I read the wrong 'notice' at the tope of the page. XD; Failure. Anyway, thanks for clearing that up for me!

Morphar
2nd Jul 2011, 11:57 PM
Morphar: That mod was removed a long time ago. The fact that you cant find it is nothing to do with the move.

Well, this is a bit complicated. The mod is the base for CORE by BaXiM at SXS. AD85 is still updating his part of the mod for his own use but share it with the community. In the thread that was active before the move, me and other users supported it. CORE at SXS is not yet updated for Generation so there are links there to the removed thread.

Maybe it's time to have the support of EGC in the CORE thread at SXS? The two mods are installed differently and I have written a rather big install guide at page 60 in the deleted thread. If I only could have that guide back I could post it at SXS.

The CORE is the alternative to Awesomemod and you don't like us to move over there do you? ;-)

Screaming Mustard
3rd Jul 2011, 12:28 AM
Since no one has yet responded to my previous post, I thought I'd ask again, is there an ETA on when we can submit new uploads?

I have uploads still waiting in cue as well, but since I can still find them in cue and they haven't been erased or anything, I assume we don't have to resubmit them but we just have to be patient until all the site problems are settled.

VioletPadfoot
3rd Jul 2011, 1:06 AM
I have uploads still waiting in cue as well, but since I can still find them in cue and they haven't been erased or anything, I assume we don't have to resubmit them but we just have to be patient until all the site problems are settled.
Its not uploads in the queue. Delphy's first post says new uploads aren't working yet, a later one says uploads in the queue are fine. I however have new items created since the downtime that I want to share, thus wanting to know when it will be alright to do so. ~VP

Tashiketh
3rd Jul 2011, 11:30 AM
Morphar: We have a policy on MTS to basically tag (ie make invisible) any outdated core mods, becuase a lot of people download them and then complain when they don't work with a particular new patch level or whatever. Since the mod wasn't updated (it's updated on his own site), that means that the version we have here is massively out of date and can cause issues for people.

I can paste you the contents of your post, so you can re-post it over on SXS. Alternatively, if the original creator wants to come here and update it thats fine too - we can then untag it. The key is to have something thats updated and works with current patch levels. :)

@Screaming Mustard: I still see 1 item in the queue for you. :)

@VioletPadfoot: Probably in the next couple days. :)

orlov
3rd Jul 2011, 11:37 AM
Thanks for all the hard work! Everything for me is up and running and you all did great! SXS2 is back. . . BaXim still needs to update. . .

VioletPadfoot
3rd Jul 2011, 1:50 PM
@VioletPadfoot: Probably in the next couple days. :)
Thanks Delphy. I'll try to wait patiently.

reaper with no name
3rd Jul 2011, 7:11 PM
I still can't access Sexysi-

Just kidding. Thanks for all the work you guys do.

Screaming Mustard
3rd Jul 2011, 11:59 PM
@Screaming Mustard: I still see 1 item in the queue for you. :)

Thank you so much for all your hard work, Delphy. It's appriciated beyond words. :up:

LuvSims2011
4th Jul 2011, 4:16 AM
wait a minute...how come i can get into a website called "www5.modthesims2.com"? what the heck? after the glitch of "www.modthesims2.com" comes "www5.modthesims2.com"? anyone notice?

Nysha
4th Jul 2011, 9:45 AM
You can get into any subdomain of the MTS or MTS2 domains.

Henry Jo
4th Jul 2011, 10:19 PM
I saw a wierd glitch the other day. I don not know if it has to do with the server or what, but I never seen it before.

A few days ago my laptop's IP Address was blocked :blink: I assumed it was because someone was caught trolling from it like last week or so, and now it's mysteriously worked again :| I don't know whether to be happy or confused. Granted, now the stupid thing won't even turn on without crashing so I think it could have been a virus, too. This actually happened on a fashion forum I go to often too, so I think it was virus, but in case it isn't, thought you guys should know. :giggler:

Oh, and I accidentally uploaded my avatar like three times because I'm an idiot. I didn't read that notice. :rolleyes: Sorry about that. :(

XxWashedXUpxX
4th Jul 2011, 10:26 PM
This website called Cloudfire (domain website host?) just told me it was offline like ten seconds ago. Was it really a glitch or did it really go offline or was my computer going crazy?

Jaguwar
5th Jul 2011, 12:02 AM
Welcome back! I know how hard it can be to get that kind of thing going, especially working all by yourself AND moving to a new server! Glad to see you back. :)

Bchbch Walk
5th Jul 2011, 4:42 AM
any idea on when we will be able to upload again?

Tashiketh
5th Jul 2011, 9:14 AM
XxWashedXUpxX, it might be reporting the site as offline to stop you seeing error messages. I'll have to look into it. :)

Bchbch Walk: Probably in the next couple days.

XxWashedXUpxX
5th Jul 2011, 11:36 PM
I was in the create section which was working all day yesterday except those 10 seconds.

rellikdruid
6th Jul 2011, 2:56 AM
I'm not sure why but whenever I try to load sexysims2 Firefox says it can't be found do I have a bad link or is it still down?

brent13420
6th Jul 2011, 4:49 AM
ok read through the forum...didnt see another post about this....hopefully im not being redundent but...my screen seems to automatically shift every 5-10 seconds since mts came back, only does it on this webpage so i think its related...not a huge deal, just kinda annoying....still loving mts, thanks delphy for all the brilliant work you do

XxWashedXUpxX
6th Jul 2011, 4:58 AM
@Rellikdruid Delphy stated on the previous page that Sexysims is back up.

rellikdruid
6th Jul 2011, 5:26 AM
@Rellikdruid Delphy stated on the previous page that Sexysims is back up.

I know he said it was back up that's why I'm wondering why I get the page not found.

Tashiketh
6th Jul 2011, 7:48 AM
rellikdruid: What IP address do you resolve to when you ping sexysims2.com?

brent13420 : Which browser are you using at what screen resolution?

LuvSims2011
8th Jul 2011, 2:57 AM
omg...when is this nightmare gonna end??? what do you mean i can type in cep.modthesims2.com??? what is this???

brent13420
8th Jul 2011, 8:07 PM
brent13420 : Which browser are you using at what screen resolution?[/QUOTE]

sorry shoudve known you need that info, Google chrome with my desktop resolution at 1024*768.

omegastarr82
8th Jul 2011, 8:41 PM
ok read through the forum...didnt see another post about this....hopefully im not being redundent but...my screen seems to automatically shift every 5-10 seconds since mts came back, only does it on this webpage so i think its related...not a huge deal, just kinda annoying....still loving mts, thanks delphy for all the brilliant work you do

I get this to, it's the ads that cycle at the top of the page that's doing this for me. The "news" section, that cycles through 1-4. I'm using safari with a reso of 1216x676.(I use my hdtv) Although it seems to be fixed now.

CatOfEvilGenius
9th Jul 2011, 7:24 AM
First, thank you so much for all your hard work and updates! Yay for changes and improvements! :D

Noticed a few issues after the upgrade.

1) Some downloads have a missing thumbnail image, although sometimes the thumbnail image is still on the server. This was the case with a few of mine, I edited, they got fixed, but inactive creators won't be fixing their thumbnails. Here's a recent one with a missing thumbnail.

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=413587

2) Some downloads, in the related pages tab, don't have pics of recolors. For example, this one.

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=413587

Hinoemasim
10th Jul 2011, 12:17 PM
Well, I'm getting constant internal server errors. (500 internal server error, cloudflare-nginx). This may have been mentioned, but I can't read the thread for all the server errors.

Tashiketh
10th Jul 2011, 1:46 PM
cloudflare-nginx is the CDN provider. There isn't anything I can do about this.

brent13420
11th Jul 2011, 6:01 PM
whatever you did during the short maintenance you did the other day my problem is gone....thanks delphy, you rock

Annaztien
12th Jul 2011, 9:49 PM
I still can't see any images or icons and I can't click on any of the options at the top of the page (Home, Downloads, Search, etc...) and I can't even sign out. I checked my Javascript but it appears to be working. I can't browse through the downloads because there are no images and I'm very frustrated.

Anjalena
17th Jul 2011, 1:52 AM
Here it is the 16th of July and from reading through the posts, sexysims2 should be up, right? But I'm getting a server not found error. I didn't know it had been down at all. I haven't been over there in quite a while but was downloading stuff and decided to check and see what new delicious stuff might be there.

Anyway, I can't seem to get into the site. =(

Nysha
17th Jul 2011, 2:04 AM
SXS is up. Something's wrong on your end - try flushing your DNS. :)

Anjalena
17th Jul 2011, 2:43 AM
SXS is up. Something's wrong on your end - try flushing your DNS. :)

Uhh, how do I do that? *blush*

RozzyB
19th Jul 2011, 8:06 PM
First of all, I love this site.
Second, and I wish to apologize in advance for writting this here. But I am unable to post msg's in Forums or start Threads (That`s another issue)... if anyone out there knows who to direct this too - I would be most appreciative. :)
My main problem however, is that since the site reno, I have not been able download. I am getting that No Cookies Found screen. And although I have made sure that I am Logged In with the `Remember Me` box checked. And I have changed my security setttings. (I currently have www.modthesims.info and .com in my trusted site) I am getting nowhere!!! I have no problem on any other sites and I am ... bothered.... that I haven`t been able to access my favortive Sims site.
Again. I apoligise that I am doing this in the area.
But please...
help me. :(

spaceykasey247
8th Sep 2011, 10:55 PM
I can get to the site from my phone, but I've tried accessing it from two different computers on two different internet access points and it just isn't working! Getting to it on my phone doesn't really help because I can't exactly download things to my phone that help with gameplay or mods! Please help!

A114
5th Oct 2011, 4:12 PM
really great (=