PDA

View Full Version : Slave object not pulling recolors

VioletPadfoot
9th Jun 2011, 3:12 AM
I created a decorative object (cloned from the "Measure of a Sim" sculpture). Its is supposed to be a decorative version of a maxis computer. I tried using the repository technique as described here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=82227 The object is pulling the default textures for the computer correctly so that part works. But its not pulling the recolors I have for the computer. I know the recolors work as I have the computer recolored on the lot I'm testing the object on. I've included the deco object package in case anyone can figure out what I'm doing wrong.

HugeLunatic
9th Jun 2011, 3:39 AM
The GMND is missing the tsMaterialsMeshName (step 5). :)

VioletPadfoot
9th Jun 2011, 3:07 PM
I added the tsMaterialsMeshName and its STILL not pulling the recolors of the original computer. Attempting to click it in game with the design tool results in nothing, as in its not clickable with that. I'm going to try redoing the tutorial with the version I set aside before going through it. maybe I skipped over something tiny but essential. (BTW I had added the tsMaterialsMeshName, but somehow added it to the Resource Node instead of the GeometryNode. Note to self: Don't play with new things in SimPE right before bedtime.) Maybe I'll get it right this time.

EDIT: Redid the tutorial going a slowly as I dared to make sure I didn't miss a step, and now it works! I must have missed something or have been in the wrong part of the package before. But it works, the Deco object is pulling the computer's recolors.

HugeLunatic
9th Jun 2011, 6:35 PM
Excellent! Congrats. :)