PDA

View Full Version : Multiple recolor-able subsets on slave object.

JaneSamborski
1st May 2011, 11:25 PM
Well I'm amazed I got this far without begging for help, but now I'm a bit stumped. I've attached the Repository Object (5x7), Slave object (8x10) and a recolor for each subset. Both subsets work fine on the repository object. Only one shows up on the Slave.

As it is now the "Photo" subset is recolor-able on the slave, but if I were to rename the 'tsMaterialsMeshName' so that it was invalid (basically break it) then the 'frame' subset is recolor-able. I think that the 'photo' subset is overwriting the 'frame' subset but I'm new at enough at this that I have no idea what to change.

Help would be appreciated.

HugeLunatic
2nd May 2011, 12:02 AM
I see two issues that are probably causing an issue.

1) You have two tsMaterialsMeshName lines and you only want one. Just put both subset names as strings in the one.
2) For the tsDesignModeSlaveSubsets you have the slave subsets listed separately when you only want them as part of the main subset. IE: frame=matte, photo. This means the matte & photo are slaves to frame.

JaneSamborski
2nd May 2011, 12:59 AM
Thanks! (I'm a huge fan and download almost every thing you make) I made change one and it works flawlessly. This is only my second time fiddling with meshes so I'm not entirely clear on your second point. Since it works fine w/out a change to the 'tsDesignModeSlaveSubsets' why would I want to change that? Is that what causes SimPE to spit out both the frame and photo textures when I try to recolor the frame only? What would the proper grammar look like? I ask because even though it is working I want it to be correct.

Again thank you so much for the help!