PDA

View Full Version : What is your very favorite band/song artist?

LOLZpersonok
28th Mar 2011, 12:17 AM
Mine would have to be Hybrid.

My favorite song by Hybrid? "Break My Soul" By Hybrid (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lP5P6oS6tx4)

The video plays the song :) I absolutely love it! :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc

Shoosh Malooka
28th Mar 2011, 2:46 AM
Right now, its Pendulum. But that could easily change. And I don't like that public announcement type monologue that they use in some of the songs I've heard from them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfFnU0FUGno

simbalena
28th Mar 2011, 7:07 AM
Right now, its Pendulum.

Yay for you liking Australian DnB :luff:

But my guess is you'll probably get over Pendulum pretty quickly because they sound so one dimensional. I liked Spiral and Hold your Colour but they lost me after that.

Shoosh Malooka
28th Mar 2011, 7:32 AM
It may be one dimensional, but they do what they do very well.

For my other needs I can turn to Sweet Lullaby by Deep Forest. You and the TC have likely already heard of them because they've been around since the 90's.

There are two versions of the song I'm mentioning. This is the ambient version, and strangely I remember listening while reading one of the books of the Chronicles of Narnia. Specifically the part about how Narnia was created:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x91SJgmgf_8

malfoya
28th Mar 2011, 8:59 AM
This thread is pretty similar if you want to see what people are listening to :)

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=336474

Rawra
28th Mar 2011, 9:14 AM
^Yes, but that one's dead all right.

My favourite band is Ladytron, all the way and my favourite solo artists are Lady Gaga and Sara Bareilles.

vhanster
29th Mar 2011, 4:20 PM
My favorite band is Linkin Park, though I prefer their older songs (like the ones from Meteora and Minutes to Midnight, than A Thousand Suns). Favorite solo artist? Lady Gaga, I suppose

Zela
29th Mar 2011, 4:56 PM
I have many but at the moment Silverstein are my top guys. Especially their acoustic versions. :)

Vampirelion
29th Mar 2011, 8:28 PM
Disturbed,I recently just became a fan of them and their music..they are amazing.

kailay
2nd Apr 2011, 5:07 PM
Radiohead. Always has been and always will be http://209.85.48.10/html/emoticons/wub.gif

Elexis
10th Apr 2011, 9:53 AM
I like many bands/singers. And there are many that I don't like (uh, there are so many of them) :lol:
But I like Celldweller the most (a cool dude, creates the cool music), he can combine so many music genders in one piece of art :lovestruc
Celldweller - So Long Sentiment (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKdsTKE6Izs)

I also like Red, Linkin Park, Blue Stahli, SOAD, Three Days Grace, Crossfade, Demon Hunter, A Dark Halo, Closure, Breaking Benjamin, Globus, Ensiferum, Muse and so on...

HeathenMaiden
31st May 2011, 3:08 PM
My favorite band is Nightwish. My favorite song of theirs is Ghost Love Score.

acid_paradox
1st Jun 2011, 6:02 AM
I'm currently in love with Panic! At the Disco and their new album. My favorite songs by them are Trade Mistakes and Turn Off The Lights. My favorite solo artist is... I don't really have one. I'm starting to warm up to Justin Bieber, though.

s t i l l - d o l l
1st Jun 2011, 6:17 AM
My favorite artist is Kanon Wakeshima and my favorite song by her is Kagami :3

withoutmywings
1st Jun 2011, 4:26 PM
My favorite artist is Bright Eyes. I cannot pick just one favorite song. :)

Johnny_Bravo
1st Jun 2011, 4:58 PM
I totally like MCR, I am ghost and the ghost inside. MCR is my favorite,, though. My favorite solo artist is DavidMe on youtube, he's a one man band :lovestruc

Segagrey
3rd Jun 2011, 3:03 AM
Hmm, Nujabes at the moment in terms of rap. The man made every effort to convey nothing but peace and understanding in his music; and I respect him for that. The Red Hot Chili Peppers would have to be my favorite in terms of rock.

shaaaii
9th Jun 2011, 7:48 AM
I love Bring Me The Horizon, Mayday Parade, Dot Dot Curve, Black Eyed Peas and David Guetta.

HarVee
14th Jun 2011, 1:13 AM
KMFDM has to be undoubtedly my favorite band. Their music is different. They mention many individual things within their songs which are the reasons why the world is in the state it is now. In other words, this band talks more about everyday issues instead of some hormone-infested teenagers feeling heart-break for the first time.

metro_skies
22nd Jun 2011, 9:35 PM
I absolutely LOVE Skrillex. He is so adorable, and his music is very catchy. <3 :luff:

one of his remixes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDr_k5SLpoA
one of his original mixes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F21aifX0lZY

rmrm
23rd Jun 2011, 5:21 PM
My absolute favorite... the Icelandic goddess known as Björk. My favorite song by her would probably be Pagan Poetry. It's the most powerful, romantic, and loving song I've ever heard, with just a hint of this crazy sexual energy. It has the most graphic and interesting music video I've ever seen, as well...

My other favorites include my trifecta of pop stars -- Britney Spears, Robyn, and Kylie Minogue, lots and lots of 80s alternative rock, and electro.

purexevil666
4th Sep 2011, 1:37 AM
I am madly in love with ♥Evanescence♥
and just like most people on earth i am into pop music aswell (Lady Gaga ♥)

GigaRevival
4th Sep 2011, 2:08 AM
Built to Spill, Sigur Ros, and Radiohead... pretty much the three bands I can go to anytime of the year.

rinirae
7th Sep 2011, 6:38 AM
Top 4 are Rise Against, Green Day, MCR, and OK Go (in that order). Some other bands I've just started getting into include Linkin Park, Sum 41, The Offspring, AFI, OneRepublic, and Anberlin.

Can't pick a favorite song though. :(

BurgundyStars
9th Sep 2011, 4:42 AM
Can't really say I have a favorite band, though I did love Evanescence way back when. I enjoyed most of their songs from The Open Door-particularly Cloud Nine and The Only One- immensely.

I have way too many singers I enjoy to count, but I suppose Mariah Carey, Monica, and Aaliyah are my current favorites since I'm playing their songs the most; I think only R&B fans would really know who the latter two are ;) . My favorite Mariah song is Always Be My Baby, my favorite Monica song is I Keep It To Myself, and I have too many favorites from Aaliyah, but I adore her recording of "Journey To the Past" from Anastasia .

I'm an unapologetic listener to mainstream music so I'll toss in Rihanna and Britney Spears as well; their latest songs are very catchy.

simrae92to7
6th Nov 2011, 1:46 AM
The Plain White T's are my favorite band and my favorite solo artist is Adam Lambert, he rocks. I also like Lady Gaga.

5M0K3
6th Nov 2011, 1:07 AM
My favourite band is Alkaline Trio and my favourite solo artist is Matt Skiba.
http://www.couchguitarstraps.com/images/sidephoto12.gif
Damn sexy sunna' bitch.

smorbie1
6th Nov 2011, 1:34 AM
my favorite all time band is the Beatles. No one has ever come close to being as eclectic in their music. My favorite solo artist totally depends on my mood and who I'm listening to at the time.

frankokomando
6th Nov 2011, 1:36 AM
Tegan and Sara. :D

mewichigo34
6th Nov 2011, 1:48 AM
Vocaloid

5M0K3
6th Nov 2011, 4:25 AM
Tegan and Sara. :D

I love them!!

FuzzehPeach
6th Nov 2011, 4:38 AM
Right now I'm looooviiinng Radiohead, Eminem and Frank Sinatra. Haha it's quite a random array, but still... my alltime favorites would be Chris Garneau, Queens of the Stone Age and Damien Rice..I guess

lethifold
6th Nov 2011, 4:43 AM
Bright Eyes is my favourite band, closely followed by The National and Bon Iver. At the moment, my favourite solo artist is Ed Sheeran, though that changes quite regularly.

alayaya
6th Nov 2011, 6:23 AM
Hmm.. Its hard for me to pick a favourite. I like Rise Against, AFI, Cake, The Jealous Sound.... but I like LOADS of other bands too

As for solo artists, thats not really my thing but I think that Moby and Weird Al would be favourites.

5M0K3
6th Nov 2011, 2:39 PM
...Weird Al is a real singer?

mewichigo34
6th Nov 2011, 4:00 PM
I don't know.

alayaya
6th Nov 2011, 4:29 PM
...Weird Al is a real singer?

C'mon! He's a genius!

simsample
6th Nov 2011, 4:50 PM
This is my fave:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yz1l1dF6UA

smorbie1
6th Nov 2011, 4:53 PM
Totally agree about Weird Al. He writes the lyrics and performs all the parts.

5M0K3
6th Nov 2011, 5:25 PM
I thought he just ripped off other's people's songs but with worse lyrics?

Dino Martin
17th Jul 2012, 11:21 AM
Count Basie band as for singers any Swing singers Sinatra to Monro, Martin to Crosby, Sammy Davis to Nat king cole etc. As for song at the moment it is "Your nobody till somebody loves you" By Frank Sinatra live at the villa venice in 63

Sarriaka
18th Jul 2012, 11:48 AM
I don't know if I have a favourite band or singer... as a music student, I listen to too many different artists to really choose. Also, I have a tendency to find a new artist, worship them like they're a diety for a week or so, then find the next best thing and repeat. I've always preferred rock music over anything else, though.

Right now, I've been listening to a lot of Marina and the Diamonds. I just love her voice.

Gabrymato
20th Jul 2012, 5:59 PM
I'm really getting into indie music lately. Lemuria, Candy Hearts, P.S. Eliot, Slingshot Dakota...
Which is weird since I usually like the stuff they play on the radio.

billielith
24th Jul 2012, 2:59 AM
I used to be a die hard KISS fan, but they lost me with their recent album 'Sonic Boom', if I had been them I wouldn't have released it at all. It was lower in quality to that of a noob band trying to make it. It lowers the overall quality of the whole of their work. Sometimes you have to realize when you hit your limit and stop before you can't anymore deliver what has made your name.

Fav band at the moment is difficult to tell, I love so many. If I had to make a choice, it would probably be a tie between Rammstein and Kashtin, total opposites in style, both singing in languages I can't hear, lol. Part of what I like about them is precisely that, I can't hear the words, so it's not about the lyrics, words, logic thoughts, it's purely about the music itself, the harmonies, the sounds.

NaeShelle
24th Jul 2012, 3:28 AM
I don't think I have a favorite (oh, how many times has someone said that?).

I'm really into anything from the "Rat Pack" era (I don't have time to not lump them together, so, let's leave it at that) to A Fine Frenzy. Amy Winehouse was (heck, is) one of my favorite singers and I love Paris Wells. I really enjoy Jamie Cullum, Michael Buble (OK, I'm a Buble Girl, can't lie), India.Arie, Marvin Sapp, There for Tomorrow, 2NE1 (and T-ara), Robin Thicke, Norah Jones, Corinne Bailey Rae, Pink Martini, Eminem, Ingrid Michaelson, Mumford and Sons, Stevie Wonder, Miranda Lambert, etc.

I think the only thing I've never been able to get into is heavy metal. Other than that, anything is fair game.