PDA

View Full Version : Achievements

leefish
14th Mar 2011, 9:41 PM
Here on MTS we have a lot of neat site features that are maybe not that visible to users. One of those neat features is the Achievements System.

Achievements:

If you upload items to MTS or use the creativity sections of the site, you have probably seen the Accomplishments tab in your profile. The pictures represent the various Achievements you can get by posting in certain areas.

Up until now, the Accomplishments tab only showed what Achievements a user already had - now, we are showing all the possible Achievements in one overview - the ones you DON'T have yet are kind of greyed out, but you can see what they are and what they are for. This is a great way to find new challenges for yourself around the site.

Quick Links to Your Achievements:

In addition, we have added a "quick links to achievements" under your avatar on all posts you make on the site. Click on a link to see what Achievements you - or people you know from around the site - have got so far.

In closing...

We hope that with this enhancement to the Achievements system you can find things to do on MTS and get a bit of recognition for them.

Please feel free to ask questions, and we will try to answer/clarify things to the best of our abilities.

Create it, share it, play it - and happy simming! :heyhey: :heyhey: :heyhey:

CatOfEvilGenius
15th Mar 2011, 2:37 AM
Nice to see what one doesn't have (yet). ;) This will also let us know when you add new achievements. Thanks for the changes!

Is the shoes achievement only for Sims3? I ask because I have made multi wearable accessory / BV jewelry shoes for Sims2 here (http://www.modthesims.info/d/411573).

Nysha
15th Mar 2011, 2:50 AM
It's only for stuff in the Shoes category, is more to the point. You know the system :p .

CatOfEvilGenius
15th Mar 2011, 2:46 AM
It's only for stuff in the Shoes category, is more to the point. You know the system :p .

So it's one of those achievements like Archeologist that may not be automatically granted, but a mod can do it? Thanks so much for the stereotype sticker! Wheeee!

Simonut
15th Mar 2011, 3:03 AM
Yes, yes I notice the achievements way early today and posted in the site issues about how wonderful it is to have this setup, before you made a post here in this section about it. Love It ! :lovestruc :gjob:

Nysha
15th Mar 2011, 3:45 AM
All achievements can be added or removed manually by a mod, if there are any glitches/bugs. Most are also automatic - we're working on filling the gaps. :)

Whilst working on learning to make facial hair, 'cause hot damn that fuzzywuzzy is cute :D .

nightwitch
15th Mar 2011, 9:35 AM
do you need to de a creator to see your own achivements on porfile.

Esmeralda
15th Mar 2011, 10:40 AM
Great idea, but one of my achievements has gone missing and I wonder if other people who had this particular one are having the same issue or if it's just me - the new link on my profile page says '21 Achievements', but when going to the Accomplishments tab, it says 20 and my 'Inventor' achievement icon is no longer there (nor within the greyed out ones either). Am very sad because that was my fave achievement (aside from Fuzzy Wuzzy of course). Where oh where has my little Inventor guy gone?

ETA: Ah, sorry, got further down in the list of forums posts and found this has already been raised in another thread: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=436681 . Hope to see the little guy back soon.

leefish
15th Mar 2011, 2:53 PM
EsmeraldaF, I also mourn the loss of the little inventor guy. Whitey has promised he will be back :)

Nysha
15th Mar 2011, 4:55 PM
No, nightwitch, you don't have to be a creator to see your achievements. You do have to have some though. ;)

Yes, yes - the welder is coming back! He's being welded back together first though.

AsaDraconis
15th Mar 2011, 9:35 PM
But where is the Achievements *page*?

Is it not available?

mangaroo
15th Mar 2011, 9:55 PM
Asa, Achievements display in the Accomplishments tab on your profile.

porkypine
16th Mar 2011, 4:27 AM
Thanks for posting the possibilities! I didn't know you had all those!

..... I think I should have one for writing a tutorial - cuz I done did rite 1 .. and it hasn't been extirpated ... yet... :p -
http://www.simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Tutorials:Start_to_Finish_TS2_to_TS3_Object_Conversion_Tutorial

... and extirpated is TOO a word! ( not a typical porky typo neither so nyah! ) :rofl: :Pint:

I went back and looked over the achievements again and I should have a few more. Lots of my stuff is hidden in mod group sets... :mod:

Made a start to finish Ts2 to TS3 object conversion tute
Entered TS2 and TS3 contests
Made TS2 and working on TS3 clothing meshes
Made a TS2 hair mesh - native sims
Made TS2 sims for Native Sims
Made Pet - native sims
Made a uni major - native sims
Made Shoes - High Rollers - Ohh -la-la those shoes! (Peacock dress heels and Dolce Gabana men's shoes) :lovestruc

Maybe you could have an achievement for unusual items - like the transparent cocktail hot tub? :rofl: :Pint:

Nysha
16th Mar 2011, 12:26 PM
The achievements can only automatically count stuff on MTS, which is part of why we suggest adding a thread in the tutorials forum linking to your wiki tutorial - it's also a handy way of keeping track of comments and stuff, of course.

Unfortunately, we also can't really include stuff that's in sets - some things, like stuff that's categorised in an unexpected manner, or a tutorial on the wiki without an MTS thread, is easy enough for us to fix because it happens quite rarely. But we can't go through every multi-type upload and check that the creator gets all the right achievements, and it wouldn't be fair to do so for some people and not others.
We do have a long-term feature project which will hopefully fix this, though not in the immediate future (I expect). Sorry! :/

Sophie-David
16th Mar 2011, 5:21 PM
I'm not keen on seeing all possible achievements listed on each person's tab, its just too cluttered.

But apart from that, could there be an easily accessed page that gives a more extended description of what each achievement involves? For example, I can only conjecture what "Model - participated in a contest" actually means.

Its likely in the "to do" list already, but I would like to see "Community Architect" and "Commercial Architect" achievements. There have been a great number of residential projects uploaded, but it would be beneficial to encourage more community and commercial lots.

Thank you for all your hard work on the achievements system, whiterider and leesester. :)

Nysha
16th Mar 2011, 5:42 PM
Perhaps separating them out would make it less cluttered? The idea is that we all look at the greyed out ones and think "I want THAT one..." :p .

I'm not sure what more a description page could say about participated in a contest - it's for, um, participating in contests :p . It's not active yet though, as it'll be switched on with the advent of another New Thing we're working on.

Yes, stickers for other types of lots are in the works. :)

Sophie-David
16th Mar 2011, 6:17 PM
Yes, perhaps the achievements that have not been achieved could be on a separate tab. I just think it detracts from what a creator has actually accomplished when I see all the greyed out ones there too.

I noticed that those who had participated in challenges did not have the contest achievement, so I assumed it was for something else. But if its not active yet, that explains it. :)

CatOfEvilGenius
16th Mar 2011, 10:46 PM
Here's some folks who ought to have the "shoes" achievement. :)

- q3tbo for bunny slippers (http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=181605) and tiger slippers (http://www.modthesims.info/d/172361)
- fanseelamb for bunny slippers (http://www.modthesims.info/d/270299)
- fakepeeps7 for kids' bunny slippers (http://www.modthesims.info/d/366564)

suzetter
16th Mar 2011, 10:47 PM
The icons are so cute! I always wondered what the ones I didn't have looked like.

Nysha
16th Mar 2011, 11:57 PM
Contests aren't the same as challenges - that refers to contests in the Community areas. :)

I'll fix those up, Cat!

CatOfEvilGenius
17th Mar 2011, 1:45 AM
How does "many hats" work? For its purposes, is clothing all one category, or is teen boy formal separate from female adult sleepwear?

I'll fix those up, Cat!
whiterider Thanks. :)

edit: I ask because fakepeeps7 has many hats, but uploads in clothing and hair only. So I assume clothing subcategories must count? If they do, I would like many hats too, please. I would think this achievement would be one of those a script could detect.

I have uploaded in
1) programs
2) CAS screens
3) object recolors
4) accessories
5) hair
6) facial hair
7) skin tones
8) makeup
9) clothing
--- everyday
--- sleepwear
--- swimwear
--- outerwear
--- formal
--- athletic

porkypine
17th Mar 2011, 1:56 AM
The achievements can only automatically count stuff on MTS, which is part of why we suggest adding a thread in the tutorials forum linking to your wiki tutorial - it's also a handy way of keeping track of comments and stuff, of course.

Unfortunately, we also can't really include stuff that's in sets -

Ok! :D I didn't know I could post the tute here. I'll do that soon.

Nysha
17th Mar 2011, 2:40 AM
...I'm really confused now, Cat. I added that achievement for fakepeeps manually, because it's not automatic yet, and... I counted the sections... and now they're all gone...
*sigh*

It goes by top level categories. For example, Phaenoh has it, because she has uploaded to Game Mods, Buy Mode, Pets, Sims, Programs & Utilities, Bodyshop, Themed Sets, Misc, Build Mode and Lots & Housing.

porkypine
17th Mar 2011, 4:02 AM
Hi Whiterider. I am unable to post the tutorial on MTS in the meshing tutorial section. It says I am not authorized, or some such 'deny'.

porkypine, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

If you are trying to access a download, it may have been removed by the Creator or by the Staff for policy violations or a number of other reasons.
Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account from accessing this area.

CatOfEvilGenius
17th Mar 2011, 4:40 AM
...I'm really confused now, Cat. I added that achievement for fakepeeps manually, because it's not automatic yet, and... I counted the sections... and now they're all gone...
*sigh*

It goes by top level categories. For example, Phaenoh has it, because she has uploaded to Game Mods, Buy Mode, Pets, Sims, Programs & Utilities, Bodyshop, Themed Sets, Misc, Build Mode and Lots & Housing.

I thought something like that was why Phae had it. So just to be clear, Body Shop is all one category, and Clothing / Makeup / Skins are not because they are not top level, correct?

Nysha
17th Mar 2011, 4:17 PM
Yes, Cat, exactly.

Yes, porky - we generally ask that tutorials are posted in the Create forums rather than directly in the Tutorial forums, so that we can filter the one in fifty of them which are total nonsense :p . If you look at your profile though, you'll notice a new addition...

CatOfEvilGenius
18th Mar 2011, 1:15 AM
Achievements are displaying in screwy order today. The "thanks" and "dl count" ones are not contiguous, they just look all mixed up.

porkypine
18th Mar 2011, 5:09 AM
Yes, Cat, exactly.

Yes, porky - we generally ask that tutorials are posted in the Create forums rather than directly in the Tutorial forums, so that we can filter the one in fifty of them which are total nonsense :p . If you look at your profile though, you'll notice a new addition...

I poked around, but I don't know if it's in the correct spot or not so you can move it if it's in the wrong place.

p.s. I see I got a COOKIE! :D (***Fumbles and hides it before Cookie Monster sees it and eats it.***)

Nysha
18th Mar 2011, 10:49 AM
Well I was referring to the tutorials dude, but yes, that too :D .

Tashiketh
18th Mar 2011, 8:47 PM
Cat: I can't see any problems with the ordering of the achievements now?

CatOfEvilGenius
18th Mar 2011, 8:54 PM
Cat: I can't see any problems with the ordering of the achievements now?

They are back in correct order today.

treeag
19th Mar 2011, 6:34 PM
So I guess if you make an object mesh but it's in the Scripted Objects section, it doesn't count?

DarkCoffeeJazz
21st Mar 2011, 8:28 AM
I didn't know where else to post this, but apparently I have Uploadsx1 and Puppeteer for no explained reason.
I mean I did submit a Sim, sure, in the Real People section, but it was rejected. And yet it says I have at least one upload and I made a Sim.
....Ummmm what? But I thought my Sims was rejected and therefore doesn't count...

If for some freak reason my upload DOES exist on this site, it would be nice to know how to see a page of my uploads.... or something...
Halp.

Nysha
21st Mar 2011, 11:44 AM
It's just a bug. Fixed now. :)

DarkCoffeeJazz
22nd Mar 2011, 11:00 PM
I mean yeah, I was kinda "oh cool" at first, but then I realized that there was no reason I should have them. When I do get a Sim uploaded and not rejected, though, that'll be a different story of course.

Thanks for the fix, whiterider. I was more concerned that people might see those and wonder where on earth my Sim might be, haha.

CatOfEvilGenius
25th Mar 2011, 8:50 PM
Could a modly person please give maybesomethingdunno the archeologist achievement for the lost and found jester mask (http://www.modthesims.info/d/437153)? Thanks!

suzetter
13th Jul 2011, 6:55 AM
I was looking at the achievements page and I notice I have 11 uploads but not the 10 upload achievemant. Also, was wondering why there is an achievment icon for building residential lots but none for building community lots?

Nysha
13th Jul 2011, 11:11 AM
There's no community lot achievement because it's not done yet. Uploads achievement fixed. :)

suzetter
13th Jul 2011, 6:50 PM
Thanks Whiterider! :)

VioletPadfoot
19th Jul 2011, 9:05 AM
Could a modly person please give maybesomethingdunno the archeologist achievement for the lost and found jester mask (http://www.modthesims.info/d/437153)? Thanks!

Can I also have one? I enabled said jester mask and some hidden earrings and bracelets as actual accessories. Thanks!

missroxor
24th Jul 2011, 6:59 PM
Just been having a wee look and noticed there's a "Participated in a contest" achievement which I don't have but I think I'm eligable for. I was in foundations last year and also Sisaly's TS3 sims contest. Can I plz haz? :) ...while I'm on the topic was just wondering if "hosted a contest" or "Judged a contest" are included or being considered for the new achievements? Can't wait to see the new ones! :D

Ghost sdoj
24th Jul 2011, 9:58 PM
Participated in a contest isn't active yet. ( I commented about that because I was having fun figuring out how I could have won a contest without participating in one.)

missroxor
24th Jul 2011, 10:51 PM
Oh, my bad. I skimmed through the rest of the thread but must've missed that, thanks for letting me know :)

ManyMuchMoosen
5th May 2012, 3:35 AM
Am confused. Know this end in 2011, but have question! How make journal? You need to create for journal? This relates to journal achievement, do not know how to post new thread so post here! Sorry, Mr. spaghetti man from Muppet show hate my normal talk, wants me to call jalapeno, hotsy-totsy!

aqua.writer.rain
6th Aug 2012, 5:04 AM
Has anyone ever gotten all the stickers? Sorry for bumping, but I was wondering...

Nysha
6th Aug 2012, 2:16 PM
Kethryveris

He might have cheated, though. ;)

Tashiketh
6th Aug 2012, 8:33 PM
Kethryveris is not male... ;)

Simdrew1993
25th Sep 2012, 5:14 AM
Hello everyone, I'm sorry if this post is in the wrong section, but I looked everywhere and I didn't know where to post this, anyway, I made quite a bit of custom content with my Dark Lord Ganondorf Sim I uploaded and I didn't get all the necessary achievements I should have gotten, and I'm a little bit disappointed to say the least, The achievements I should have gotten but somehow didn't are (Hair Colourist) and (Fuzzy Wuzzy) I worked really hard on these, my friend helped with the hair recolor but I ended up recoloring the hair myself and I finished on making the hair recolor for my sim, I did most of the work on the hair, and I worked really hard on the Beard as well I originally made the beard mesh but my friend fixed it slightly and then I fixed it again and then I finished it, and this last one I should have gotten a long time ago is (Here, Have a Cookie) I've said many funny things that people click funny and Love on, so i deserve that one by far the most. Please fix this issue MTS, I know they are minor but I'd be grateful because it helps people to see me as the creator I am, and I don't want my work to go unnoticed. :)

So I'm guessing there was an error in the system considering I never received (Hair Colourist) and (Fuzzy Wuzzy) since I made a hair recolor and a beard, Please, may I have these, could someone have this fixed, Thank You.

Sims99Fanatic
1st Oct 2012, 10:08 PM
Who made the achievements? Are they custom made for MTS by a team of graphic artists?

Nysha
1st Oct 2012, 10:24 PM
Sims99: Yes. A team of graphic artists consisting of me. HP made the earlier ones, but then she broke Illustrator and can't get it working again. :)

Simdrew1993: The badges are allocated based on the category of the upload - code isn't smart enough to work out that, for example, an upload in the clothing category also includes an accessory. Since mods don't have time to go through and allocate all the extra ones manually, we generally don't do so at all - since it would be unfair for many creators who've uploaded extras as part of their sets to miss out on achievements that other people in the same situation have, just because they weren't vocal enough or didn't know who to ask.

Simdrew1993
7th Oct 2012, 5:11 AM
Ok, well that's rather disappointing... :( oh well..... I understand.

Thank you for replying and letting me know anyway whiterider :)

Shina
29th Oct 2012, 11:28 AM
Nice to see what one doesn't have (yet)

catmeower55
22nd Mar 2013, 4:31 PM
This is a great feature!

M.M.A.A.
8th Apr 2013, 11:37 PM
How do you get a cookie? And what about that Llama Butt Day thingy? Some of them just need in-depth explanation.

Sterling_Archer
9th Apr 2013, 7:44 AM
You get The Llama Butt Day achievement on April Fools Day. I got mine this year, because of all the images that were automatically placed into some posts. I actually forgot it was April Fools when I posted about it

Ghost sdoj
9th Apr 2013, 2:43 PM
The tooltip for the cookie is "Did or said something helpful or funny." That seems rather self-explanatory. Catch a mod's attention by being helpful or funny...
(And isn't it handy that we have several good places to be helpful?)

Crowkeeper
6th May 2014, 1:41 PM
Hi,
(I hope that I am posting this in the right section...If not then I am really sorry)
Well, I have a question concerning the achievements. I was a little bit surprised that there are achievements for every little thing but not for having a featured creation...I didnt "investigate" it any further back then...but today I found out that there actually IS (If i am not wrong) achievement for that - Is a bunny right? And I noticed that some featured creators (most of them) have it and some dont (me Zarahustra and Rue St-Germain...).

So I wanted to ask If it is some sort of problem or if that achievement is for something else.

Yogi-Tea
6th May 2014, 5:37 PM
There's an achievement for a picked creation and one for a featured creation. You also receive a special sign under your name if you are a featured creator. Sometimes thoses achievements and/or signs are not automatically added (for whatever reason). I added the achievement for your featured creation manually. :)

EDIT: The achievments stickers for Zarathustra's and Rue St-Germain's featured creations were also manually added.

Crowkeeper
6th May 2014, 9:38 PM
Thank you very much Yogi:)

Zarathustra
11th May 2014, 6:45 AM
My thanks too! I had kind of wondered about that after my feature too... and then I forgot about it :rolleyes: so I was pleasantly surprised to see that new achievement show up on my profile!

Yogi-Tea
12th May 2014, 2:05 PM
You're welcome. I'm glad I've been able to help you. Oh, and I just remembered the english word for the "special sign unter your name" (for featured creators) - it's called "trophy", I just couldn't remember the word... :faceslap: