PDA

View Full Version : Changing States

Honeywell
13th Mar 2011, 8:05 AM
I have a table setting I cloned from a lamp in order to be able to fill and empty the glasses. It does what I want it to but the glasses also fill and empty when you use anything that effects all of the lights (auto lights and turn on/off all). The drink looks so much better lighted up so is it possible to change it being included in "all lights" but still keep the light effect on the texture?

I also can't delete the beige TXMTs (even though I don't need them) because if I do my drink textures no longer work and will flash blue. It's really not that big of a deal but is there a way to fix that?

Echo
13th Mar 2011, 9:54 AM
I'd probably start by taking out references in the init to this being a lighting object. You'll need to import the semi-global BHAV "[semi 0x2006] Function - Init", (make sure you have "Fix Package References" checked) then look for these two lines:
[prim 0x0002] Expression (My 0x0010 (light source) := Literal 0x0001)
[prim 0x0002] Expression (My 0x003B (category) := Const 0x0106:0x17 ("Lamp" Value: 0x0017))

and bypass each one (find the line which points to it, and modify that line to point to the one after the one you're bypassing).

I can't say for sure that will work, but it's a good change.

Honeywell
13th Mar 2011, 2:39 PM
That worked perfectly. Thank you so much! :)