PDA

View Full Version : Slaving a one-tile object to a two-tile object, and enabling design mode

Bagfran
22nd Feb 2011, 12:12 PM
I am trying to create some larger, two-tile versions of Maxis painting meshes that are slaved to the one-tile originals.

So, for example, I have tried to make a larger version of the Maxis (one-tile) "Bella Squared" painting. To do this, I cloned a two-tile base-game mesh ("Sim City at Night"), and successfully replaced the mesh and slaved it to "Bella Squared".

In game it is correctly picking up the default textures of the master mesh, but it is not designable, so it doesn't pick up any recolours of the master. I have checked that there is a tsDesignModeEnabled block in the GMND, and that the data is this is correct.

I've tried the same thing with a couple of other single-tile paintings, and have discovered that if I clone another one-tile mesh, everything works as it should (the slave mesh is designable), but if I clone a two-tile mesh it doesn't (the slave mesh is correctly slaved, but not designable).

Does anyone have any idea what might be going wrong here? Thanks!

I've attached one of my packages, in case anyone would be able to take a look at this for me.

HugeLunatic
22nd Feb 2011, 3:01 PM
It's picking up the original textures of Bella Squared because you have the tsMaterialsMeshName linked to that cres. It's not designable though because all of your subset names are from the original Sim City at Night painting. Change all the subset names in the GMDC, SHPE, and GMND to the same two as Bella Squared and then it will also be designable. =) I have no idea why cloning a one-tile mesh works, unless your changing the subset names properly in those.

Bagfran
22nd Feb 2011, 6:14 PM
Thank you, HugeLunatic!

You know why the one-tile mesh worked? Because I just cloned "Bella Squared" itself for that one, so tsDesignModeEnabled already had the correct subset names. Don't I feel stupid now?! :lol:

In my haste, and from doing this way too late at night, I'd forgotten that it should contain the names of the master subsets and not the slave subsets. Anyway, at least I know where I went wrong. Thank you again!

HugeLunatic
22nd Feb 2011, 7:49 PM
ah..hahaha! Oh that is funny! Not laughing at you...but with you. But you know that you'll remember this now. :) *nodnodnod* Totally makes sense now that you say that too.