PDA

View Full Version : New Mesh - One Tile/No Chimney Fireplace Texture Issue

Tinkle
30th Nov 2010, 3:16 AM
I've created a one-tile fireplace with no chimney based on Numenor's template and for the most part it's fine in game other than a random texture issue. I have no clue as to why this is happening, if I've missed something or what, any help would be appreciated. Package included of the mesh.

This is how it should look:

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z153/Tinkle-photos/WTH-2.jpg

This is what happens at random:

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z153/Tinkle-photos/wth.jpg

mustluvcatz
30th Nov 2010, 4:14 AM
I'm wondering about the mapping. In the template thread someone mentions the logs being white.

The logs are white because the UV-map is misplaced. Remap the logs only, using as reference the original Maxis texture (fireplacehearthvalue-colors-white); and then reimport the logs into SimPe, replacing the existing ones.

The above was Numenor's response to that post.

Tinkle
30th Nov 2010, 4:21 AM
I was wondering if it was the same reason, however the first image is of the same fireplace, and the second image is what happens at random.

mustluvcatz
30th Nov 2010, 4:37 AM
The only other thing I can think of is the animations from the fire. In your second pic the texture really looks like the flames. Comparing the TXMT in your package with the template's TXMT- they look the same. So did everything else, but I could have missed something. So- if the fireplace isn't lit, does the texture do that? I keep thinking of Hannie's candles. Of course, candles aren't the same thing as a fireplace, lol.

I hope you can get this to work, it's awesome. :)

Tinkle
30th Nov 2010, 5:20 AM
Well I'm not sure what I did, however I redid the package and now I'm not having the issue. Thank you for trying to help mustluvcatz, it's very much appreciated.

mustluvcatz
1st Dec 2010, 2:01 AM
Redoing it was going to be my next suggestion since I couldn't see anything obviously wrong in your package. Glad you got it fixed, like I said- I think it's an awesome fireplace. As for trying to help? You're welcome. Not that I was much help, but I did try at least. :)