PDA

View Full Version : Missing Textures...Maybe

Honeywell
30th Sep 2010, 11:18 PM
Basically my package is missing something (I think). Everything else shows up the way I want (except the shadows but those I'll work on later I'm still trying to figure them out)--all four textures for the holder and paper towels show up but there's an extra bit that's blue. It's not flashing blue, it's just solid blue if that means anything.

After looking around and reading more tutorials (HP's blue body shop accessories in particular) I'm pretty sure it has something to do with all of the metal textures and MMAT's (envcubes?) I deleted because I didn't need or want them but I have no idea how to fix it. I don't think just adding them back in is the answer because with them I wasn't able to choose the paper towel design in game but once I deleted them I was. Can anyone help?

moune999
1st Oct 2010, 8:35 AM
I've been trying to download your package to take a look at it, but for some reason I can't get to it.

What you can do is to check your package like this.

Start in the GMDC and note down the names of all your subsets. Then make sure that all those subsets have an entry in the SHAPE and that they are all linked to an existing Material Definition file (TXMT). Make sure that all subset names and TXMT references in the SHAPE are spelled correctly.

Look at your TXMT and check that the ones that need textures are linked to the appropriate texture maps (TXTR's). The name of the TXTR file is entered under stdMatBaseTextureName.

If your subsets are recolorable they must each have a MMAT file. Check that they do. If one is missing you can add it by using IgnorantBliss' tutorial 'Adding a subset' (which will also tell you how to add TXMT's, TXTR's and entries in the SHAPE).

Recolorable subsets must also have an entry in the GNMD under tsDesignModeEnabled. Again see IgnorantBliss for how to add an entry here, if some are missing.

And don't forget to do a 'Fix integrity' at the end of all this. As a matter of fact, try doing one straight away and see if that doesn't fix the problem before going through the whole package with a magnifying glass. :)

HugeLunatic
1st Oct 2010, 3:37 PM
You have one too many MMAT's for white. Delete the one that says it is not the default color and it shows up fine.

....refrains from mentioning the textures do not match the texture names.... ;)

Honeywell
1st Oct 2010, 3:58 PM
Great, thank you both. :) As for the texture names, every single time I make changes I mess something up so I was saving that for last--like the shadows. lol