PDA

View Full Version : Can't make ceiling lamp recolourable

katija
7th Sep 2010, 4:44 PM
I've cloned maxis Light effects ceiling lamp which is recolourable in game, but my mesh isn't. I've repeated the process of making mesh recolourable three times just to make sure I didn't made mistakes, but no luck. Can someone take a look, I've included the mesh and two recolors (even though the problem isn't in recolors, mesh is the problem file, game says it's not designable).

I have the newest CEP installed.

HugeLunatic
7th Sep 2010, 6:06 PM
Your mesh subset in the GMDC is called lightingceilingvalue_matte, but in the GMND and MMAT it is called recolor. That is what is keeping it from being recolorable. You also have lightingceilingvalue_reflection as a MMAT, TXMT, SHPE, and in the GMND but you have no actual subset for that mesh part. So if you don't plan on having a second subset you may want to delete those, since it will pull two subsets to recolor.

katija
7th Sep 2010, 7:27 PM
I think I get it now. Maxis mesh had two subsets, one with _reflection sufix and one with _matte sufix. In GMDC I replaced _matte with my mesh and deleted the other one, but I should do it the other way around, cause in GMND and MMAT is only _reflection subset. I totally missed that.

Yep, it works. My recolors are awful but it works! THANKS!

HugeLunatic
7th Sep 2010, 10:47 PM
Awesome! Well not about recolors being awful. LoL But glad you got it working.