PDA

View Full Version : Default replacement: car - TXMT

Psychosim
3rd Sep 2010, 7:18 PM
I made a replacement for the firetruck and since it's a bit grungy I wanted the shinyness to go away. I did it the same way I did for the texture: find the TXMTs in the game files > extract > new file > add > change values. But what works with the texture doesn't work with the TXMTs, it's still shiny! :| Any idea how to do it right? If I change the values in the game files it works, so these are definitely the right parts to change. Please enlighten me so I can share this properly. :mod:

HugeLunatic
3rd Sep 2010, 9:32 PM
Your group and instances are 0x00000000. :) Real numbers would be a great help. Something like, oh I don't know, the ones that you find in the game files.

vehiclefire_glass_txmt should be 0x1C0532FA/0xFFDBF6D5 - and the others need those original values too to be an override. Fix those up and it should work.

Psychosim
4th Sep 2010, 12:56 AM
Oh. :blink: *is embarrassed* That would also explain why my uniform replacements didn't work. In my defence, my "name" tab in the resource tree is so wide that I can't see the other tabs. :lol:
Thank you very much, this will probably help to avoid some unhealthy fits in the future! :)

HugeLunatic
4th Sep 2010, 1:28 AM
:giggler: Your welcome.