PDA

View Full Version : Problem with repository lampshades - AGAIN!

moune999
21st Aug 2010, 9:01 AM
Iím working on making an old set repository, but am having problems linking up some lamp shades as shown in the picture below.

http://thumbs2.modthesims2.com/img/1/6/3/5/5/0/MTS2_moune999_1131486_LampshadeProb.jpg

The ceiling lamp is the master. The wall lamp shade shows up as if itís lit when placed, but once recolored turns unlit. The table and floor lamp shades both flash blue, but both objects still recognize the recolors.

There is another (non-recolorable) subset with the ceiling lamp as master that works all fine. All the wood bases are slaved to an endtable and work fine too. Itís only the lampshades that wonít work. Iíve looked and looked, but as far as I can see theyíre linked up the way they should be Ė unless there is something special to take into consideration for lampshades. Could also be that Iíve just missed something.

Iíd really appreciate it if somebody could give me a pointer as to what could be wrong. Iíve attached all four lamps in case it makes it easier to locate the problem. There is also the master endtable for the wood and a lamp shade recolor included in the RAR.

HugeLunatic
21st Aug 2010, 4:15 PM
Multi-state objects also need to have the text files edited, and in some cases the BHAVs. The bhavs look fine in your package, the on/off ones point to your current (slaved) subset names. You just need to make the text lists point to the correct name for the textures. If you change the Material Names entries of your slave meshes to the same as your master it should work. Here are some rough notes with a pic (second one) http://www.hugelunatic.com/multi-state-object-checklist

moune999
21st Aug 2010, 9:25 PM
HL, I hope I can some day repay you for all your assistance. :)

It took me a while to work out exactly what entries to match up, but I finally got it right. Thank you very much for helping me out here.

HugeLunatic
21st Aug 2010, 9:32 PM
Awesome. :) Glad you got it working, and your welcome.

moune999
17th Apr 2012, 4:50 PM
I'm sorry to drag up such an old thread, but I'm having the same problem again, and once again I'm stuck on how to solve it.

I've checked everything that HL suggested above and I've gotten to the point where the slaved lamp shade picks up the master texture (from a wall shelf). It even recognized the recolors - when I use the design tool on it in-game, all the recolors show up. But the texture doesn't change when I choose a recolor. It just stays the same.

By now I've checked everything - GMND's, SHAPE's, STR's, BHAV's - so many times that I'm sure there's something I'm just not seeing. :blink: So I'd be really, really grateful if some one else would take a look for me, or give me a suggestion as to what I'm overlooking.

I've attached the lamp with the master (the shelf) and a recolor for testing.

Thank you very much in advance for any help.