PDA

View Full Version : Object has become repository on its own

whitewaterwood
11th May 2010, 8:44 PM
My object has become repository to the textures of the object it was cloned from. Is there any way to fix that? The textures that show up under the TXTR button are some random couch textures from a traditional couch.

I will eventually be making the wood repository, but I don't want the cushions becoming repository on their own! Very strange.

A picture, to be more clear: There should only be one recolor at this point. That of a new mesh.
http://www.modyourpanties.com/hosting/19415_100511154744ScreenShot309 copy.jpg

Any help would be so very much appreciated!

HugeLunatic
11th May 2010, 9:36 PM
The loveseat is already slaved to the sofa, which is why it shows the textures. And those club textures, for some reason SimPE thinks they are part of a sofa scenegraph and pulls them. I've seen it in other sofa's and beds too. Since your going to have a fabric texture in this package you could delete two of the txtr/txmt and leave the third to use. Then in the shpe just change the name of the txmt to the one your keeping being sure to add the ##0x1C050000! to the beginning of the name. Then replace that texture with your fabric texture. You will need to add a mmat to make the fabric recolorable, you could just clone the sofa and take the one from there. You may also need to remove the fabric line from the tsmaterialsmeshname in the gmnd.

whitewaterwood
13th May 2010, 12:06 AM
Thank you so much for your response! I still have a problem, though. I did all the steps except the last two sentences, which I don't really understand, and it still doesn't work. (this was mainly a test, as I wasn't really hoping to get complete results without following all of your directions) I was hoping you could explain to me how to do those last two steps. I'm not sure where a fabric line is or what it does. I also don't really know where I put an mmat in the package and whether or not I have to do anything to make it compatible with the rest of the package.

HugeLunatic
13th May 2010, 1:55 AM
The fact that you can understand even half of my unintelligible writing is a feat in itself. :p

The MMAT - What I would do is take the cres name from that bench and copy it. Then create a new clone of the sofa and paste that cres name into the scenegraph wizard, this way the naming of it is the same as your bench. Then I would take the mmat, txmt, and txtr and export from the sofa and put into the bench. (right click each resource and export, then right click in resource list and import). Quickest and most painless. =) Then in the shpe change the material definition line for the cushion subset to ##0x1C050000!whitewaterwoodmorroccanchaise_cushion_red. This way it points at the txmt in your package instead of the one in the sofa package. Then click the box to update mmats and click the button to update for the main objd (with least amount of writing). Fix Integrity and all should be good.

Tutorial on adding subsets: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=103379

Making an object recolorable(shows the update mmat): http://www.hugelunatic.com/making-objects-recolorable

And since I was much too lazy to take images, I just changed the stuff in the file so you can take a look at it. It previews as it should in SimPE but I didn't check in game.

Summary
*New MMAT - The reason I cloned the sofa with the same exact name you used in your bench is because there are lines in the mmat/txmt that reference your mesh. Specifically the cres name and the subset names. The GUID in this is fixed when you update the mmats in the objd.

*SHPE - The cushion subset name was changed from pointing at the sofa tmxt to your included txmt.

*OBJD - Tick box for update mmat, then click update button.

I hope this makes sense, I'm not always literate. :lol:

whitewaterwood
13th May 2010, 8:00 PM
Lunie, you are beyond amazing! I'm going to study hard to make sure I'll be able to do this again in the future! Thank you so much! *hug*