PDA

View Full Version : Shininess won't go away!

mustluvcatz
20th Mar 2010, 4:10 PM
I had added "reflectionsilver-envcube" to my new meshes. For some reason, the change only showed up on 2 of them- I decided I didn't like the look and edited the TXMT to remove it and put the values back the way they were.
For the one mesh, that worked. No more reflection. For this one- the reflection wouldn't go away. So I redid the texture (in PhotoShop) and redid the default color and the recolors.
Now, the default color has none of the reflection. The recolors still do.

Help?

On a side note- there is a functioning version of this table, too. I suppose if I just slaved this one to that one the shininess would go away? (But I really didn't want to do that- both versions wouldn't be needed in game.)

HugeLunatic
20th Mar 2010, 5:31 PM
If the recolors still have the shine then you need to edit the TXMT for each of the recolors as well. If you look at the recolor it will still have the reflectionsilver-envcube setting as well as the reflectivity setting from when you cloned the original one with those settings.

mustluvcatz
20th Mar 2010, 8:11 PM
Er.. :rofl: Um...was that mentioned somewhere in a tutorial?? I did look, truly I did. It's always the simple things that stump a person. Thanks HL.