PDA

View Full Version : How to make these modular stairs recolourable?

Bagfran
7th Mar 2010, 1:11 PM
I'm trying to make a set of modular stairs recolourable. From studying recolourable stairs made by other creators I thought I had worked out what I needed to do, but obviously not, as mine are not working and I'm afraid I can't figure out why.

I wonder if someone might be kind enough to take a look at the package and tell me where I am going wrong?

Thanks!

HugeLunatic
7th Mar 2010, 2:17 PM
Carlos the answer to that question is take a look at what forum you in. ;)

Sometimes you can learn a lot from studying packages, and sometimes one needs pictures. :lol: Have you read this tutorial by Ignorant Bliss? While you haven't technically added a subset, making an object that wasn't recolorable before now recolorable covers most of the same principles.

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=103379

However, after looking at your package I think the subset names in your MMAT are incorrect. You have surface and they should be whatever is in your GMDC, namely staircasemodularbalustradeleftrailing_lightwood

plasticbox
7th Mar 2010, 2:24 PM
CarlosFilipePedro, we're in the TS2 create forum here (and everything HL talks about is Sims 2), so I'd strongly assume it's Sims 2.

Bagfran
7th Mar 2010, 6:23 PM
Thanks so much, HugeLunatic! I really appreciate you looking at the package, and that seems to have fixed it!

I am ashamed to say I did look at IgnorantBliss's tutorial, but obviously didn't read it carefully enough...

HugeLunatic
7th Mar 2010, 9:05 PM
Your welcome. Glad you got them working! :)

Sometimes we don't realize how close a tutorial is related to what we are doing until we do it.