View Full Version : Advance notice of downtime, Sunday 4th October 2009

3rd Oct 2009, 5:17 PM
Hi All,

MTS will be offline for much of the day tommorow (European time) as I will be upgrading both mySQL servers. This should hopefully alleviate some of the issues with stalled connections / time outs / invalid post/thread issues, and so on. I say should becuase I wont know till I try it. :)

I will be updating the status of the site on twitter (http://twitter.com/DelphyMTS) as the day progresses. Thank you in advance for your patience and please bear with us while we perform this essential maintenance.

3rd Oct 2009, 7:24 PM
nooooooooooooooooo! Just kidding, thanks for your work :)

3rd Oct 2009, 7:32 PM
I probably won't notice that the site is down, since I'll be busy for most of the day.

3rd Oct 2009, 8:43 PM
Thanks for the warning.

3rd Oct 2009, 9:05 PM
Thanks for the Twitter updates, and advance notice.

No wait, what I meant to say is: Noooo! OMG OMG OMG! What will I do??? I'll have to go read a book or plant flowers or bake apple pie! ;)

3rd Oct 2009, 10:59 PM
noooooooooo, what am i meant to do? go outside???????

4th Oct 2009, 1:55 AM
The light burns my eyes.... Nah, thanks for the advance warning.

4th Oct 2009, 1:58 AM
I guess I'll just have to actually *play* the sims tomorrow. lol. I'll be damned if I go outside. jk

4th Oct 2009, 2:05 AM
*narrows eyes*
I only have the weekend to go online. This could've been done during the week, and I probably wouldn't have noticed.
But no.
You chose to take away half of my weekend.

:lol: jk

But seriously.

4th Oct 2009, 2:23 AM
Awww. *sadly walks away*

It's like my favorite toystore being close after I FINALLY got my Mom to drive me to it...

4th Oct 2009, 3:29 AM
Except this toy store is better, cause its FREE!!!

4th Oct 2009, 6:05 PM
Phew, think I missed it! Thank God I was out all day, I'd have been SO bored!
Thanks for your work!

EDIT: I fail! Badly! :lol:

6th Oct 2009, 6:02 PM
I *think* I noticed some of the downtime that day. How did the upgrade go, and does it seem to be helping, as best as you can tell from your end?

6th Oct 2009, 6:05 PM
The upgrade went very well. In fact, the site seems just as fast as it was - which might not seem terribly impressive, except that currently db is handling the entire load. db2 is currently offline. :)

6th Oct 2009, 6:22 PM
Oh, *WOW*! Good job, Delphy! :up: :Pint: :beer: