PDA

View Full Version : New Community Finds system online

Tashiketh
2nd Oct 2009, 11:45 AM
Those of you who are veterans from Sims Community may remember that we had a "Finds" system on the site where we posted finds from throughout the community. These where staff submitted, and the system was stopped at the end of last year.

I am pround to announce that a new style Finds system is now online. This system is much enhanced from the old system, and has the following features:

Search for Finds by Site, text, or game
Users can now submit finds!
The Finds system is now integrated into the MTS layout
Latest finds appear on the MTS homepage
Finds are now in specific categories - so you can only view Finds for Housing, for example

I think you'll agree that the new system is much more usable than the old, especially when you want to search for specific finds or only finds from a certain site.

I'd like to encourage people to submit thier own finds, but remember that the system is still moderated by MTS staff and we have rules and guidelines for submissions. Please note that unlike the moderation queue, Finds submitted by members do not get any kind of PM notification about the status of pending finds, or when a find is rejected. All of the rules and guidelines for finds are listed in the "Submit" page (available to MTS members only) - remember that you must read the rules before submitting a Find, they are there for a reason!

I hope you enjoy the new system, and that you find some good content from it!

The URL is http://www.modthesims.info/finds or you can use the link on the Finds tab on the front page.

leefish
2nd Oct 2009, 11:50 AM
Excellent addition - I hardly leave MTS so this is a great way for stick-in-the-muds like me to find new content for my game.

Thanks

Corrie
2nd Oct 2009, 11:52 AM
Nice new feature D, I'll be submitting some of my favourites quite soon. :D

schitzwa
2nd Oct 2009, 12:29 PM
Awesome, I used to love the finds page! XD

SimsShine
2nd Oct 2009, 2:54 PM
This is awesome! Thanks! ;D

pereira
2nd Oct 2009, 3:55 PM
This is a great (and very useful) feature, thanks!

Sparklypotato
2nd Oct 2009, 4:01 PM
Is it only for freesites? *hopes it is*

HystericalParoxysm
2nd Oct 2009, 4:25 PM
Sparklycookie - http://www.modthesims.info/finds/submit

See #3 there. Free content only. Free content on pay sites is okay.

CatOfEvilGenius
2nd Oct 2009, 5:32 PM
But, but, I'm trying to cut down on downloads! ;) Great idea, MTS! I hope we'll see finds from international sites that many of us might not otherwise have visited.

Petchy
2nd Oct 2009, 6:44 PM
It would be great to see something of this nature be added to the iMTS page too.. just a thought :)

joninmobile
2nd Oct 2009, 9:12 PM
Great new feature Delphy! Wow, you just keep improving the site in every possible way! :)

Rikachu
2nd Oct 2009, 11:22 PM
Awesome, it took me like, 5 minutes to understand just what it was XD, but now that i get it, AWESOME!

sailfindragon
2nd Oct 2009, 11:26 PM
This is a fantastic new addition to MTS

However when I tried to add a https:// link to a find, it says it is an invalid url.

Unfortunately my entire site runs on a SSL, so "s" has to be included in https://

joninmobile
3rd Oct 2009, 1:45 AM
what is the meaning of the little numbers and thumbs up, thumbs down?

Canoodle
3rd Oct 2009, 1:51 AM
You can vote on whether or not you like the 'find'. :) Hover your mouse over the thumbs. ;)

joninmobile
3rd Oct 2009, 2:24 AM
I see that you can only vote once on a find, can you vote on your own submitted finds?

Apsalar
3rd Oct 2009, 1:40 PM
Great feature!

I however notice that some of the finds are labeled wrong what game they are for - some sims2 are labeled sims3 and vice versa.

Tashiketh
3rd Oct 2009, 1:49 PM
Apsalar: Which ones? I can't see any obvious ones on the browse page.

Apsalar
3rd Oct 2009, 6:59 PM
I checked again, and this one is wrong - it's listed as sims2 but it's in fact sims3: http://www.modthesims.info/finds/find/233
The other ones I possibly misread, sorry.

Nysha
3rd Oct 2009, 7:52 PM
Thanks, I've fixed that one. :)

VladCrau
4th Oct 2009, 12:49 PM
I don't remember any Find feature from last year, but then again, I hardly remember what I ate this morning :)
And like joninmobile said, MTS keeps getting better and better.

Sisaly
5th Oct 2009, 2:05 AM
I'm getting a 403 Forbidden on all the links...

kopple36
5th Oct 2009, 2:20 AM
Yeah, me too.

mandykins
5th Oct 2009, 11:22 AM
make that three

CatOfEvilGenius
5th Oct 2009, 7:02 PM
Finds links work fine for me. Yesterday, Delphy was doing some site maintenance, so maybe that's why you all had that error.

lewjen
5th Oct 2009, 7:28 PM
Well, it works for me. So far. *Will NOT speak too soon this time ;)*

Sisaly
5th Oct 2009, 8:06 PM
Yep it's back up...I'm so glad...how else am I supposed to tell everyone that Bloom made sexy feet for TS3? lol

Inge Jones
5th Oct 2009, 8:44 PM
Can I make the sims 3 filter sticky for me?

pereira
6th Oct 2009, 9:33 PM
I don't know if it's just me who gets this, but when trying to subscribe to the feed on the bottom of the page it gives me some error. It says something like: "The feed contain some code errors".
BTW, not sure if it makes any difference, but I'm using IE8.

Tashiketh
7th Oct 2009, 11:14 AM
pereira: I just checked on both FF and IE7 and the RSS feed seems to work ok with no errors.

pereira
7th Oct 2009, 7:23 PM
pereira: I just checked on both FF and IE7 and the RSS feed seems to work ok with no errors.

OK, I tried again and now it works, though I didn't really change anything... Thanks anyway :)

Simmiller
8th Oct 2009, 6:26 PM
This is going to be great! Thanks, Delphy :-)

fluttereyes
11th Oct 2009, 2:18 PM
It might have been better to have two sections, one for sims 2 and one for sims 3. The buggybooz kitchen has been categorised as sims 3 and it's sims2. I wish she would do it for sims 3. Or maybe if people could just be more careful when they submit (lol). Brilliant idea

It would also be good if we could subscribe to it, I don't use rss so can't follow updates on there without coming to here and looking for it again

chann
17th Oct 2009, 7:38 AM
It might have been better to have two sections, one for sims 2 and one for sims 3.

It would be great to have separate RSS feeds for the 2 games as well, or at have them differentiated in the title.

Tashiketh
17th Oct 2009, 9:58 AM
channTL: Good idea, I'll add the game type to the RSS title soon.